Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:45:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GOP - Rand Paul's Presidential Highlight Reel w/ his Libertarian Twist  (Read 205770 times)
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 01:34:49 AM

[Video] Rand Paul vs. Chris Christie on the 4th amendment during last nights debate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gEW6LRvb4k
Rand ate his dinner for him and schooled him on the 4th plus got in a jab at the end.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 01:37:54 AM

Rand Just Posted This Awesome Debate Video on Twitter
https://twitter.com/RandPaul/status/629804345660276736
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 01:39:36 AM

Glenn Beck praises Rand Paul's debate performance

Beck said he was impressed by Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul’s performance, saying he did “really, really well” and stuck to his principles on the issues.

“Rand Paul was in the winner section,” Beck said. “Now a lot of people say that he was perceived as angry. I thought he was fact-based. He has a middle-range voice that when he raises his voice, it’s kind of grating. That’s why when he was shouting, it didn’t go over well with some.”

“But I thought he did really, really well last night. And I was pleased with his performance,” Beck concluded, specifically referencing his debate with New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie about domestic surveillance programs.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/08/07/best-presidential-debate-i-have-ever-seen-beck-breaks-down-the-gop-debate-candidate-by-candidate/
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 01:41:20 AM

Rand Paul Got the Least Talk Time of Any Debate Candidate

Which candidate was most shafted by the structure of the Fox News Republican presidential debate on Thursday night? That would be Sen. Rand Paul, who was given vastly less talking time than the rest of the candidates.

Paul received just under 5 minutes of talking time, the least of any of the 10 participants in the debate. According to NPR’s Domenico Montanaro, the time totals were as follows:

1 Trump 10:30

2 Bush 8:33

3 Huck 6:32

4 Carsn/Crz 6:28

6 Kasch 6:25

7 Rubio 6:22

8 Chrste 6:03

9 Walkr 5:43

10 Paul 4:51

I thought Paul represented his libertarian views well during his short, testy argument with Chris Christie about NSA snooping. But it must be difficult for the libertarian-leaning senator to fully explain why his dissenting opinions are more intelligent, broadly popular, and in keeping with the Constitution than his opponents realize when he is only given a meager four minutes to make his case. There isn’t much difference—policy-wise, at least—between Huckabee, Carson, Cruz, Rubio, and Walker; why give them all significantly more screen-time than Paul?

https://reason.com/blog/2015/08/07/rand-paul-got-less-talk-time-than-every
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 01:44:31 AM

Rand Paul’s Eye-Roll Marked the End of the 9/11 Era

Senator Rand Paul, at that moment engaged with Christie on a debate about mass surveillance, then gave what we’ll unilaterally dub as the most monumental eyeroll in presidential debate history.

Paul’s smirking get-a-load-of-this-guy dismissal of Christie’s ghoulish grandstanding is a nice final line for an important political chapter—-it’s the moment we knew for sure September 11 lost its currency in Republican politics. Paul wasn’t immediately booed, nor shredded by the moderators, nor condemned as a terrorist sympathizer or worse, as certainly would have been the case during the Bush years. In fact, in the Drudge Report’s insta-reaction online poll, Paul finished fifth and Christie was dead last.

http://www.thenation.com/article/rand-pauls-eye-roll-marked-the-end-of-the-911-era/
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 03:25:17 AM

[Video] Rand Paul on The O'Reilly Factor w/ Chris Wallace 8/7/15 - The most watched political show in America.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egeNS7y4x44
Rand was epic and confident as you'll see by watching. We're just getting started in this GOP nomination process, bitcoiners. Don't forget that Rand accepts bitcoin from US citizens for his campaign. Wink
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 03:33:43 AM

Rand Paul gets the fight that he’s wanted for a year

CLEVELAND -- No Republican presidential candidate had a rougher week than Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) It started with a doomed vote to defund Planned Parenthood, which the senator had promoted for weeks, as an example of his ability to get things done. It continued with indictments coming down on the leaders of his super PAC -- something Paul argued was "suspiciously" timed, possibly to hurt his campaign. Paul even got slammed with an attack ad, from former UN Ambassador John Bolton's Foundation for American Security and Freedom.

Paul used the first moments of this debate to change this story, and only gained energy from there. After Donald Trump gave a meandering, tautological answer to a question about whether he might run as an independent, Paul jumped the debate queue and attacked him.

"This is what's wrong!" Paul interjected. "He buys and sells politicians of all stripes! He's already hedging his bet on the Clintons, OK? So if he doesn't run as a Republican, maybe he supports Clinton, or maybe he runs as an independent, but I'd say that he's already hedging his bets because he's used to buying politicians."

Video and more...http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/08/06/rand-paul-gets-the-fight-that-hes-wanted-for-a-year/
Harry Hood

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 06:50:17 AM

There is very little chance of Rand Paul winning the race. Even if he is ahead, the other "mainstream" Republicans such as Bush and Huckabee would gang-up together to defeat him.

Now that Trump is in the race this comment seems really crazy, as in OF COURSE Paul has a good chance of winning the nomination. All those independents and swing voters only have Rand Paul to vote for!

Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 10:34:50 PM

Rand Paul: Trump a 'fake conservative'

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) in an interview Sunday called Donald Trump, who refused to rule out a third-party run during the first GOP debate, a “fake conservative."

Paul said on "Fox News Sunday" that Trump has "been for all these liberal policies and now because he can stand up and say vulgar things and he’s a truth teller. Well the truth is, what is he for?"

“I don’t think we should reward vulgarity and I don’t think vulgarity equates to insight,” Paul added. “Because you can shout and call people names and call someone 'stupid; or call someone 'fat' is that really what we’re going to make the decision on for who’s going to be our nominee?”

“I have no idea what his real philosophy is other than that he is for promoting himself,” Paul said.

http://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/250679-rand-paul-trump-could-be-a-liberal
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2015, 10:39:13 PM

[Video] Rand Paul on Fox News Sunday w/ Chris Wallace 8/9/15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5VFS6myEc8
~11mins

Mind you, this is the biggest Sunday political talk show that many republican primary voters turn in to view. They owed him this after the pathetic timing they gave him in the debate.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 02:19:12 AM

New Iowa PPP poll: Rand at 3% with a 31% favorability rating

Raleigh, N.C. – PPP's newest Iowa poll finds Donald Trump leading the Republican
field in the state even after a weekend of controversy. He's at 19% to 12% for Ben Carson
and Scott Walker, 11% for Jeb Bush, 10% for Carly Fiorina, 9% for Ted Cruz, and 6%
for Mike Huckabee and Marco Rubio.

The other 9 candidates are all clustered between 3% and having no support at all (George
Pataki)- John Kasich and Rand Paul are at 3%, Bobby Jindal, Rick Perry, and Rick
Santorum at 2%, Chris Christie at 1%, and Jim Gilmore, Lindsey Graham, and Pataki all
have less than 1%.

“Donald Trump’s public fight with Fox News might hurt him in the long run,” said Dean
Debnam, President of Public Policy Polling. “But for the time being he continues to lead
the pack.”

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_IA_81015.pdf
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 02:26:15 AM

Rand will be in the Sept. 16 CNN debate - Received invitation from Nancy Reagan

All the candidates in the top 10 in polling before last week’s event who participated in the prime-time debate have qualified thus far and have gotten invitations: businessman Donald Trump, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida, Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and Ohio Gov. John Kasich.

Additionally, candidates outside the top 10 of polling for the first debate who have been invited are former Texas Gov. Rick Perry, former Sen. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania, former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, former New York Gov. George Pataki and Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/aug/11/nancy-reagan-sends-out-16-invites-for-the-sept-16-/
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 02:30:22 AM

Rand Paul op-ed: Don't Fall For A Fake Conservative

I ran for office because I was tired of being misled by Republicans who promised conservative government and gave us bank bailouts and more debt. The Wall Street bankers got richer and the American taxpayer got poorer.

The Tea Party erupted over dissatisfaction with false conservatives. It amazes me that anyone in the Tea Party movement could possibly consider Clinton/Reid/Pelosi supporter Donald Trump for President.

I honestly have no idea what Mr. Trump’s real philosophy is. He was liberal before he was conservative, and has openly professed for decades that his views are those of a Democrat.

In 1990, he said if he ever ran for office, he’d do better as a Democrat. He became an independent briefly in 1999 before he switched back to registering as a Democrat. In 2004, he identified more of his beliefs as those of a Democrat, especially on economic policy, stating on CNN that“it just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans.” He only registered as a Republican in 2009 before dropping the party again in 2011, only to re-register in 2012.

This is a guy who said in 1999 that he was a strong supporter of the United Nations. He was for partial birth abortion before he was against it. He lavished praise on the bank bailouts. He was for Obamacare before he was against it and has said he’s “liberal on health care.”

In the debate, I reminded Trump that conservatives in the GOP have spent decades opposing a single-payer system like the socialized medicine of Canada and England. He responded that I hadn’t heard his answer. The problem is, I had heard his answer and, like many of his answers, it made absolutely no sense. What I heard was that he was once for a single-payer system—today, he’s against Obamacare but still kind of likes the concept of single-payer and isn’t sure it works.

No conservative in America supports a single-payer government-run healthcare system, and yet around 25 percent of Republicans seem to favor Trump. How can this be possible? How can a quarter of the GOP support a guy who was a Republican, then an Independent, then a Democrat, and then a Republican again?

More...http://journal.ijreview.com/2015/08/246266-dont-fall-for-a-fake-conservative/
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 02:39:04 AM

[Video] Rand Paul on The O'Reilly Factor w/ Eric Bolling 8/10/15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gChosnKS8Hw
&
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97ok54zl0-Y

Good showing by Rand on another O'Reilly show w/ a sub host that likes him. Rand really gets at Trump so this is a must watch. The post a few posts back about Rand's standing in Iowa is crap because his dad's campaign allegedly paid a state senator for support and was orchestrated by his nephew whom many in the Paul camp has long been wanting the Paul's to get rid of.
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 03:05:37 AM

This is what you'll get with Rand Paul and you should view it a couple of times or more. time for a rebound like none other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otwKWzdu7Ps
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:11:24 AM

Trump says Rand weak on Israel, military, golf game. Rand campaign responds.

Trump:
Rand Paul is doing so poorly in the polls he has to revert to old footage of me discussing positions I no longer hold. As a world-class businessman, who built one of the great companies with some of the most iconic real estate assets in the world, it was my obligation to my family, my company, my employees and myself to maintain a strong relationship with all politicians whether Republican or Democrat. I did that and I did that well.

Unless you are a piece of unyielding granite, over the years positions evolve as they have in my case. Ronald Reagan, as an example, was a Democrat with a liberal bent who became a conservative Republican.

Recently, Rand Paul called me and asked me to play golf. I easily beat him on the golf course and will even more easily beat him now, in the world in the politics.

Senator Paul does not mention that after trouncing him in golf I made a significant donation to the eye center with which he is affiliated.

I feel sorry for the great people of Kentucky who are being used as a back up to Senator Paul’s hopeless attempt to become President of the United States--- weak on the military, Israel, the Vets and many other issues. Senator Paul has no chance of wining the nomination and the people of Kentucky should not allow him the privilege of remaining their Senator. Rand should save his lobbyist’s and special interest money and just go quietly home.

Rand’s campaign is a total mess, and as a matter of fact, I didn’t know he had anybody left in his campaign to make commercials who are not currently under indictment!

--------

Rand campaign (Doug Stafford):
Wow, that took a while to read.

First, Ronald Reagan spent 20 years as a conservative before running for President, not twenty minutes. He changed out of conviction. He campaigned for Goldwater in 1964 giving one of the great conservative speeches of all time, setting the intellectual agenda for a generation of conservatives.

Donald Trump couldn't set the intellectual conservative agenda of anything, not even the tiniest rooms, never mind a country. He is devoid of ideas other than he likes the idea of power and getting attention for foolish statements and bluster.

Rand Paul is the one following in the footsteps of Reagan, setting the intellectual agenda for a conservative movement of change. Rand stands for principle. He has detailed plans to end our debt by balancing the budget in 5 years. He has a detailed flat and fair tax that would be a huge tax cut for Americans while ending the corporate welfare gravy train for people like Donald Trump.

He has real plans to defeat the Washington machine like term limits and forcing Congress to read the bills.

While he appreciates Donald's golf skills, I will note that [the game] was on his home course that he plays often. And he does sincerely appreciate Donald's generosity to the eye clinic. In fact he has mentioned it often, including in his op-ed and speeches this weekend.

The fact is, Rand is running to fight the big business, big government establishment. Donald Trump already represents one end of that problem. Now he wants to represent the other. It won't work.

More...http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/08/12/new-rand-paul-video-basically-calls-donald-trump-a-closet-democrat/
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:41:41 AM

CNN poll: Rand at 5% in Iowa, tied with Bush and Rubio

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump has a significant lead in the race to win over likely Iowa caucus-goers, according to the first CNN/ORC poll in the state this cycle.

Trump tops the field with 22% and is the candidate seen as best able to handle top issues including the economy, illegal immigration and terrorism. He's most cited as the one with the best chance of winning the general election, and, by a wide margin, as the candidate most likely to change the way things work in Washington.

Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson follows Trump in overall preference with 14%, bumping Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, who had held the top spot in most recent public polling in Iowa, down to third place with 9%. Walker is nearly even with a slew of other candidates.

Previous public polls had found Carson with around 10% support, but most were released before last week's debate. A Suffolk University poll of Iowa Republicans released Tuesday found Carson's closing remarks to be the most memorable moment for those who watched the prime time debate.

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz follows the top three at 8%, with businesswoman Carly Fiorina and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee both at 7%. Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is tied at 5% with senators Rand Paul and Marco Rubio. The rest of the field stands at 3% or less.

Two-thirds of Iowa Republicans who are likely to attend the caucus say they're still trying to decide whom to support. Among the 34% who say they have made up their mind or are leading [sic] toward a candidate, Trump's lead grows, and the top of the field shifts. Among that group, 33% back Trump, 14% Carson, 11% Fiorina, and 9% each back Paul and Walker. Cruz follows at 7%, and all others have less than 5% support.

More...http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/12/politics/iowa-donald-trump-poll-cnn-orc/
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 03:30:57 AM

Former NYPD commissioner during 9/11 attacks praises Rand Paul for defending 4th amendment

On the recent Fox News presidential debate, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie lashed out at United States Sen. Rand Paul for not supporting the NSA's surveillance program, which came off to many watching as a bully mentality and myopic prosecutorial mindset that I’m sure animates Paul’s concerns in the first place.

Whether you agree with Paul’s decision to support the freedoms protected by our Bill of Rights — such as freedom of speech and the requirement of a search warrant, and to place some limits on the otherwise un-cabined and massive NSA surveillance program is one thing. However, Christie’s rage at a U.S. senator because that senator has serious concerns over our civil liberties and made a decision that he feels would protect the freedom and liberties of his constituents, evidences precisely the prosecutorial mentality that has caused countless injustices across the country and resulted in the incarceration of thousands of people — many of whom are innocent or wrongly convicted.

I’m sure Christie is well intended, but seems to ignore a reality that judge Alex Kozinski of the Ninth Circuit of the United States Court of Appeals and countless others have revealed over the past several years, and that is that there is a plethora of increasing evidence that overzealous and over-reaching prosecutors are violating laws themselves, and there is neither oversight nor existing remedy to appropriately hold them accountable.

I was there on 9/11, both during and in the aftermath of the attacks on the World Trade Center. I spent 10 years of my life, living and working in the Middle East and know and understand the threats we face from radical Islamic terror far better than most Americans. I have personally witnessed death so barbaric that it would haunt most men, and I have nearly died for this country more times that I can count — all out of love for this country.

But, unfortunately, I have also witnessed firsthand that deprivation of liberty by overzealous and over-reaching prosecutors and the irreparable toll they take on people that they wrongfully target and prosecute, and the innocent families and children that they destroy, so I know exactly what Rand Paul is concerned with and for more reasons than I can count, I am no longer confident that Americans’ freedoms and liberties are adequately protected under the law.

More...http://www.newsmax.com/BernardKerik/Christie-Paul-Debate-NSA/2015/08/11/id/669543/
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 05:01:50 AM

Rep. Thomas Massie heading to Iowa to campaign for Rand Paul
KY Rep. Thomas Massie will be making four stops in Iowa on August 22nd to campaign for Rand Paul. Event details as followed:

Stand with Rand Meet and Greet with Thomas Massie - Dubuque, IA
Tri-State Industries
1340 Synergy Court
Dubuque, IA 52002
Register: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/stand-wi...ts-18133749533

Stand with Rand Meet and Greet with Thomas Massie - Davenport, IA
Davenport Public Library - Fairmount Street Branch
3000 North Fairmount Street
Davenport, IA 52804
Register: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/stand-wi...ts-18133988247

Stand with Rand Meet and Greet with Thomas Massie - Iowa City, IA
Iowa Memorial Union
125 North Madison Street
Minnesota Room 347
Iowa City, IA 52242
Register: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/stand-wi...ts-18134027364

Stand with Rand BBQ with Thomas Massie - Des Moines, IA
Rand Paul Iowa Office
1901 Bell Avenue
Suite 21
Des Moines,, IA 50315
Register: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/stand-wi...ts-18134097574
Chef Ramsay (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 05:06:34 AM

First on CNN: Rand Paul video shows Donald Trump praising Democrats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU6FTo5W7f8

In the next round of Rand Paul vs. Donald Trump, the Republican senator from Kentucky is releasing his campaign's first digital ad against his presidential rival, hitting the frontrunner in a video for supporting Democrats in the past.

The video, which his campaign says will be aired in a "substantial" ad buy, launches Wednesday in New Hampshire and Iowa and runs through the weekend.

With ominous music behind it, the video opens with favorable statements that Trump has made about Democratic economic policies, Hillary Clinton, and universal health care. It also features a comment he made in 1999, in which he said, "I really believe the Republicans are just too crazy right."

At one point, text on the screen appears, asking if Trump is really "telling it like it is?"

Then it switches to the infamous clip of former President Bill Clinton answering: "It depends on what the meaning of the word is is."

The second half of the two-minute video features footage of Paul talking about his record and policies in major speeches that he's delivered in the past year, portraying him as a candidate eager to reform Washington and return the Republican Party to conservative principles.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/12/politics/rand-paul-donald-trump-ad-attacks-web/index.html
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: