Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:43:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How long this correction will take?  (Read 5490 times)
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 10:58:50 PM

Hey rape away, I just want to see some stability.

Stability comes with more educated speculators / more money in the system. I guess today was a good lesson.

i am satoshi

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 11:08:32 PM

Stability comes with more educated speculators / more money in the system. I guess today was a good lesson.

I think it suffices to transfer the money to the more sane speculators.

The bottom peak order that got the last Bitcoinica liquidations was mine. Om nom nom. I'm selling the coins again right now lol. Already got over 2k through, instant profit is instant.

And it was just so predictable. I was laying out the pieces in the forum, am I supposed to tell people where to place orders for free money now? Pff.
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 11:10:50 PM

The bottom peak order that got the last Bitcoinica liquidations was mine. Om nom nom. I'm selling the coins again right now lol. Already got over 2k through, instant profit is instant.

And it was just so predictable. I was laying out the pieces in the forum, am I supposed to tell people where to place orders for free money now? Pff.

After I saw the depth shift dramatically yesterday, I got out fast...

bitcoinica was a ticking time bomb...

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 11:11:56 PM

Yes, the depth rearrangement was a clear signal to me.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
zby (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 05:28:04 PM

OK - I think now is a good time to revive my question.  So far it does look like a prolonged correction.
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 05:30:51 PM

People getting anxious with no movement, that's all
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 05:32:06 PM

It’s possible that the move to 7.2 was just a bear market retracement. If that’s the case, we should be seeing new lows as we resume the downtrend.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2012, 06:01:31 PM

It’s possible that the move to 7.2 was just a bear market retracement. If that’s the case, we should be seeing new lows as we resume the downtrend.

Saying "it's possible" is so dangerous when trying to explain something. Anything is possible, so it's like picking from a set of possibilities  to explain something..... with anything. It's possible that that bear market retracement is itself a retracement of a retracement of an upwards trend. c wut i did thar?
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 06:03:57 PM

Ok, let me rephrase: I believe there is a good probability … I hope it won’t happen though. I really hated this bear market.
vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2012, 06:09:55 PM

C'est la vie!
BTConomist

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2012, 06:28:58 PM

What correction?...
Oh, you mean this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=61101.0

Bitcoins are earned, not traded! If you plan on hoarding BTC, you're on my target list. (And yes, it is possible to swim in BTC.)

Don't give me that Bull... I'm one of those honey eating Bears that the bees hope to never meet again... Viva la BTC!!!
StewartJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 06:58:24 PM

What sort of re-arrangement did you see?
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 07:09:20 PM

At the time a large number of bids were taken down and huge number of asks went up, effectively reversing the look of the order book.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
vokain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2012, 07:14:39 PM

At the time a large number of bids were taken down and huge number of asks went up, effectively reversing the look of the order book.

Even so, they still create effects throughout the market and lots of money redistribution.
StewartJ

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 07:27:36 PM

Holy Cow...
damnek

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 07:35:00 PM

The depth chart on bitcoincharts froze before the big sell off.. I'm starting to suspect them of manipulating the charts.
StewartJ

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 07:36:09 PM

The depth chart on bitcoincharts froze before the big sell off.. I'm starting to suspect them of manipulating the charts.

That was coincidentally very inconvenient, yes.
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 07:36:40 PM

It's been frozen for several days now.

zby (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 10:50:09 AM

3 weeks of correction - are we midway?
proudhon
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2012, 11:23:37 AM

3 weeks of correction - are we midway?

Probably.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: