Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:19:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] RealCoin - Targeted to the IM world!  (Read 10930 times)
Sherkel
aka Tombstoner

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 03:51:49 PM

I'm on board, for now anyway. People may not support it but I don't see anything wrong with trying out a new altchain. I have a couple of questions:
1. In the RealCoin faucet, what do you mean by "they will be given to the first 10,000 to join?"
2. What algorithm are these generated by? More specifically, is it GPU-friendly?
3. How can I get involved?
I have a feeling I'm going to be hated on for being eager; just don't bother, please.

What do you get when you cross dominoes and The Matrix?
<A dominatrix!>

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheGlobber (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 03:57:02 PM

Well i guess you could simply scan the OP once more to see where all the fiat currency will go.

As i explained, the fiat currency will be used as a "reserve" as well as a funding source for businesses within the RLC network as well as businesses that have been developed around the BTC network.

As for rest 2,1 mil RLC:

1) 1,05 mil RLC will go towards continuous development of the RLC client

2) 1,05 mil RLC will go towards the founders and investors ( i am not the only one, i am just well know in some forums and was chosen to promote RLC ) to hedge the risk taken. These RLC will be used for numerous everyday life costs. Also these 1,05 mil RLC is what will give RLC its initial exchange price since a little more than $10k were spent on this project.

About the exchange, well we do have to start from somewhere, dont we? After the initial distribution has been down then any exchange can simply add RLC to their inventory.

The plan has been carefully laid out and there are several things that will make RLC different.

IMHO, a lot more currencies need to be created with different targets, goals to see and choose the best in the future.

bulanula

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 04:00:35 PM

Well i guess you could simply scan the OP once more to see where all the fiat currency will go.

As i explained, the fiat currency will be used as a "reserve" as well as a funding source for businesses within the RLC network as well as businesses that have been developed around the BTC network.

As for rest 2,1 mil RLC:

2) 1,05 mil RLC will go towards the founders and investors ( i am not the only one, i am just well know in some forums and was chosen to promote RLC ) to hedge the risk taken. These RLC will be used for numerous everyday life costs. Also these 1,05 mil RLC is what will give RLC its initial exchange price since a little more than $10k were spent on this project.

About the exchange, well we do have to start from somewhere, dont we? After the initial distribution has been down then any exchange can simply add RLC to their inventory.

The plan has been carefully laid out and there are several things that will make RLC different.

IMHO, a lot more currencies need to be created with different targets, goals to see and choose the best in the future.

You really expect us to believe this, right ? Total BS. Spending 10k for an altchain = LOL.

Hopefully the mining Fuhrer will come along and close this sham just like CLC.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 04:04:34 PM

How r u going to protect ur *coin against attacks of guys like Luke Jr.? Read https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=56675.0 to know what could happen.
Schwede65

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 04:05:40 PM

If i correctly understand what your question is then the answer is the RealCoin Fund which is explained in the OP.

All fiat currency amassed from the selling of the 6,000,000 RLC will be gathered together and work as a "reserve" (as Mark correctly pointed out earlier) as well as a funding mechanism for new businesses to develop around the RealCoin network.

I have seen numerous examples of Bitcoin businesses that provide a really good or unique service to the Bitcoin community and it would be awesome to attract them to the RealCoin network as well as create new businesses.

The key thing to notice is that the fiat currency will be thrown back in the RealCoin network.

Who will get the equivalent value for the 6 million RLC, distributed/sold in the first 30 days?

Who is the owner of this "reserve", who has access to it?
TheGlobber (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 04:06:43 PM

Thanks for having an open mind. There is no harm in trying out different things. Bitcoin will always be here so you can use it, use both or use RLC or use none. Up to each one to decide.

1. Excuse me for this. This should have been more clear. Well to give a boost to the RLC at least in this prelaunch phase, there was the idea of rewarding the first 10k people to join the project (through the official community www.realcointalk.org) with 10 RLC each. This offer will be available till the last day of the 30-day period of the exchange selling the initial 6 mil RLC. If less than 10k people join till then, then the amount of the 100k RLC will be split equally to each one.

2. The mining algorithm is CPU-friendly for now. GPU will be available at a later stage. Also mining is done only through the official client at least for the initial stages.

3. First, go to www.realcoin.org and take a look at the info provided and the click the Join Now button and register an account in the community.

I dont see people hating you for trying something different. You can actually use both coins. Its probably the best solution.

I'm on board, for now anyway. People may not support it but I don't see anything wrong with trying out a new altchain. I have a couple of questions:
1. In the RealCoin faucet, what do you mean by "they will be given to the first 10,000 to join?"
2. What algorithm are these generated by? More specifically, is it GPU-friendly?
3. How can I get involved?
I have a feeling I'm going to be hated on for being eager; just don't bother, please.
TheGlobber (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 04:09:47 PM

$10k were spent on the total project not just the client.

This includes:

1) The client
2) The exhange
3) The websites
4) Hosting/Servers (ongoing fees)
5) Advertising (more advertising at least till launch)
6) Collateral expenses

I dont see the reason you are being offensive but i am not here to argue.

As for rest 2,1 mil RLC:

You really expect us to believe this, right ? Total BS. Spending 10k for an altchain = LOL.

Hopefully the mining Fuhrer will come along and close this sham just like CLC.
TheGlobber (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 04:12:25 PM

Thats the job of the developers. They have taken measures against this and they have a strong technical background to avoid such attacks. Also this is one of the reasons for keeping the source private for the initial stages.

How r u going to protect ur *coin against attacks of guys like Luke Jr.? Read https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=56675.0 to know what could happen.
P4man

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 04:13:55 PM

Im confused. Basically all coins are premined, right? So who will mine and for what purpose? And how is that going to stand up against a 51% attack?

TheGlobber (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 04:16:41 PM

The whole community. The RealCoin Fund will be manned by regular members of the community and you could be one of them. It is all fair for everyone.

You will be able to join the Fund and have your say and vote on where the funds will go, how they will be used or propose new ideas.

In any case, the fiat currencies will be thrown back in the RLC network in any possible way.

If i correctly understand what your question is then the answer is the RealCoin Fund which is explained in the OP.

All fiat currency amassed from the selling of the 6,000,000 RLC will be gathered together and work as a "reserve" (as Mark correctly pointed out earlier) as well as a funding mechanism for new businesses to develop around the RealCoin network.

I have seen numerous examples of Bitcoin businesses that provide a really good or unique service to the Bitcoin community and it would be awesome to attract them to the RealCoin network as well as create new businesses.

The key thing to notice is that the fiat currency will be thrown back in the RealCoin network.

Who will get the equivalent value for the 6 million RLC, distributed/sold in the first 30 days?

Who is the owner of this "reserve", who has access to it?
TheGlobber (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 04:21:45 PM

No. Around 8,200,000 will be premined to reach the same number as BTC in circulation.

The rest coins will be mined at the same rate as the BTC.

Everyone will be CPU mining (at least all those who leave the mining option enabled on the official client). At a later date, we will switch to GPU-mining with the potential introduction of separate mining clients where it will be work as usual for the regular miners.

There are key differences in the mining algo and thats the reason for keeping the source code private.

Im confused. Basically all coins are premined, right? So who will mine and for what purpose? And how is that going to stand up against a 51% attack?
TheGlobber (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 04:23:03 PM

I will be out for 1 hour so please behave till i get back.  Wink

Thanks in advance.
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 04:23:39 PM

You think pre-mining 8 million coins gets you "up to speed" with Bitcoin? Seriously?  Cheesy

westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 04:23:55 PM

It seems like I won't be able to get onboard with this one. Between the pre-mining and the level of centralization, there are too many angles I don't agree with, and not enough added benefit to counter it.

Good luck to you though; here's hoping you don't get Luked.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 04:26:12 PM

It seems like I won't be able to get onboard with this one. Between the pre-mining and the level of centralization, there are too many angles I don't agree with, and not enough added benefit to counter it.

That is what I don't get.  I mean SolidCoin is a worthless scam but the author at least "tried" to build in 51% protection.  IMHO (and based on hashing power most users agree) the benefit of 51% protection doesn't outweigh the centralization and other negatives.  A classic case of the cure being worse than the disease.  

This project is an almost exact copy of Bitcoin w/ no added benefits or features (no a different client isn't a feature you can make a different client for Bitcoin).  So it is premine & centralization for absolutely nothing better. I didn't think it would be possible for someone to come up with something worse than ScamCoin but I have been proven wrong.
bulanula

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 04:28:31 PM

I didn't think it would be possible for someone to come up with something worse than ScamCoin but they did.

Strange thing is the website looks just like LTC website too !

Anyway, I think RealCoin is the best thing since sliced bread, really. It is going to solve global warming and female infertility all in one !

How can I become a fund director ?

Forget Bitcoin, use a RealCoin !

"Important : The RealCoin is NOT a get-rich-quick scheme or a Ponzi scheme"
kwaaak

Activity: 139

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 04:36:12 PM

As a security measure the source code will not be available for now.
lol
kwaaak

Activity: 139

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 04:37:05 PM

by Internet Marketers for Internet Marketers
lol
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 05:06:44 PM

What the point to premine exactly the same qty of coins as Bitcoin has now? Just to answer the question "Why have u premined so many coins"?
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 17, 2012, 05:38:23 PM

So a clone of Bitcoin with a CPU-friendly algorithm and tons of per-mined coins. Sounds useless to me.

Buy & Hold
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: