Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:47:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS  (Read 332067 times)
Adatrader

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:44:06 PM

It really doesn't matter.. X11 is the same in the meanwhile like Scrypt, if you want something "new" or different, go for a real new algo like X13, Qubit, or even Groestl... Groestl would be cool.

X11 is super mainstream, every second coin is X11...

Agreed, please strongly consider Groestl as it was an sha-3 finalist for the NIST competition, uses less power than X11 (50% TDP), and doesn't exclude the nvidia mining community (70% of oem integrated hardware supplied by nvidia). X11 mashes all the algos together instead of sticking with a single asic resistant, highly efficient, increased security algo.
fusi0n

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:53:09 PM

how long till launch?
CryptoBrother

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

I LOVE THE LIR PROJECT

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:53:56 PM

We will try to achieve the best launch possible all we want is to please the community, we contacted a few people for good advices on launches. We won't be mining at launch, so fully available if there is a problem or anything.

Excuse us if we are not very present in the thread today but we're having a few issues we're all working a lot. And we also get a LOT of private messages once again please be patient for answers we'll answer to everyone's private messages.

4 hours till launch if everything goes well Wink.
Stay tuned !

Ps : is the gif image bugged for you too or not?

Glad to hear transparent messages! Keep going guys! Waiting for reply to PW as well :=)

I love the ACES dev for giving me my investment back Smiley
Adatrader

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:58:19 PM

Is launch still on?

At the moment, yes. Sorry for the X11 supporters but we got way more support for scrypt.

LOL what a joke, succumb to the pressure from asic owners. It's the same shit with every pow/pos coin lately, this coin is going to get fucked by asics/multipools (128 GH during SHIBE in 2 days)

Well done on that decision, by the way the poll service website you chose was flawed and I was able to submit 3 votes for testing. I'm sure someone added plenty for the scrypt side.

I really congratulate you on making such a clean and comprehensive wallet but you're clearly missing the point and will deter many members from the community as their ability to generate ANYTHING will be minimal due to the immediate massive net hashrate/invested interest to DDOS every single available pool. (You should have seen this shibe launch, even dedicated pools was taken down!)   Angry
Adatrader

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:01:28 PM

I don't see the problem, today was launch day, it's ready to
go with scrypt.

From the development and wallet for Silkcoin looks great, so
lets stick to their original plan and run with it.

Dumpers will dump, regardless of algo!

Dumpers gonna dump, thats a proven fact indeed  Smiley
But next to the point that a single dump of an asic owner could kill the value of a coin it is very unhealthy for a coin to be mainly held by just a few. It would kill interest from small miners/investors stepping in at later time.

The development looks great indeed, very nice website guys! it would be such a shame to waste this coin in the belly of asics and never speak of it again in a few weeks Undecided

Dev's please think carefully over the algo decision and with the vote of the poll in mind(and the fact that it can be manipulated) go for the decision you think is the right one!  Wink

+11111111
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:02:19 PM

Nah i think scrypt is a nice choise x11 will be one rent fest and have like badger also 30 gh/s
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 03:03:01 PM

Is launch still on?

At the moment, yes. Sorry for the X11 supporters but we got way more support for scrypt.

LOL what a joke, succumb to the pressure from asic owners. It's the same shit with every pow/pos coin lately, this coin is going to get fucked by asics/multipools (128 GH during SHIBE in 2 days)

Well done on that decision, by the way the poll service website you chose was flawed and I was able to submit 3 votes for testing. I'm sure someone added plenty for the scrypt side.

I really congratulate you on making such a clean and comprehensive wallet but you're clearly missing the point and will deter many members from the community as their ability to generate ANYTHING will be minimal due to the immediate massive net hashrate/invested interest to DDOS every single available pool. (You should have seen this shibe launch, even dedicated pools was taken down!)   Angry

Thats pointless, there are good pools from the start here, DDoS (tries) happen every day, a responsive pool owner can handle that.

It really doesn't matter if you choose from X11 or Scrypt.. Its like going in the middle or the right lane on the highway, there is no difference anymore except of power consumption (ASICs) for these algo's, both are widely spread and miners are available. Scrypt is "old school" and X11 is a bit newer, but that's it.

If you really want something new, again, use X13, Qubit or Groestl...

I'm fine with Scrypt, I'll support it from the start @ suprnova (DDoS protected...)

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Adatrader

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Is launch still on?

Thats pointless, there are good pools from the start here, DDoS (tries) happen every day, a responsive pool owner can handle that.

It really doesn't matter if you choose from X11 or Scrypt.. Its like going in the middle or the right lane on the highway, there is no difference anymore except of power consumption (ASICs) for these algo's, both are widely spread and miners are available. Scrypt is "old school" and X11 is a bit newer, but that's it.

If you really want something new, again, use X13, Qubit or Groestl...

I'm fine with Scrypt, I'll support it from the start @ suprnova (DDoS protected...)

I was the first one to state that the algo should be changed to Groestl but yes I agree. Dedicated pools has guaranteed more DDOS protection yet they couldnt mitigate the attack during the last launch. Nor could 4 other pools I was trying, it was a well orchestrated attack with a lot of horsepower.
rbbrdckybk

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:15:02 PM

another clone of BC?

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Bwincoin - 100% Free POS. BC1BgMbaHFWArSHxTCNjTTFCeWt2pD9LRU
Mrboot
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:17:46 PM

Is launch still on?

It's a same.. but you are so right  Sad
this coin has a nice potential, with devs who seem to care (saying this from the work i've seen so far). But going script will be the start quick rise and a sudden death :/

That redicoulos I Think scrypt is a good choise , X11 is more for coins that are not POS cause of the low cost and heat mining
michaelsss

Activity: 293

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:18:20 PM

forget it, change to pure pos ,then ipo , i accept it and i will invest it .
neilh

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:18:56 PM

Is launch still on?

It's a same.. but you are so right  Sad
this coin has a nice potential, with devs who seem to care (saying this from the work i've seen so far). But going script will be the start quick rise and a sudden death :/

What like Blackcoin you mean?  Roll Eyes

As I've said already, looking at the wallet and development
current in the works it has a lot of potential.

And this is not like Shibe! that has 3 times as many coins.
No development that I can see, same old wallet etc.

Silkcoin will end up with less than 100M coins due to PoS
minting, and won't die just because it's scrypt mining!

Talk about drama queens!
GBattaglia

Activity: 735
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:22:48 PM

For those who want an IPO, I don't understand why.  If you want coins but don't have hardware,
rent on Betarigs.com.  Looking forward to the launch.
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:23:18 PM

The team rushed to launch this before fixing the bugs! I do not think it is a good way to launch a new altcoin successfully! Good luck!
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 03:24:54 PM

This coin will be bigger than a good prepared launch of a scrypt jane clone coin few days ago for sure..  You will See hashrate will explode at launch

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
neleonele

Activity: 392

member of GameCredits Dev team

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 03:45:01 PM

i am ready and wait for launch....

let there be rock Cool

ptman

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:55:44 PM

I sent you two private messages offering to translate the OP and the website and you never replied...

░███████████████████████████████████████████████████░
███████████████████████████████▒        █████████████
█████████████████████        ██▒        █▒   ▒▒▒█████
█████████████████████        ██▒        ██▒        ██
█████████████████████        ██▒     ██▒          ▒██
███████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███        ██▒  ██▒            ▒███
██████████▒       ▒██        ████▒               ████
██████████▒       ▒██       ██            ▒██████████
████████  ▒       ▒██   ▒▓▒            ▒█████████████
██████  ██▒       ▒████▒            ██  █████████████
████▒  ███▒      ██▒            ██▒     █████████████
███▒  ████▒ ▒██▒            ▒███        █████████████
███                     ▒██▒ ██▒        █████████████
███                 ▒██      ██▒        █████████████
█████       ▒▒▓▓▓▒▒██        ██▒        █████████████
██████████▒       ▒██        ██▒        █████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████▀▒▒▒▒                       ▒▒▒▀████████████
██████▒                                    ▒█████████
░█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████░
  ICOBank 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄   ▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄
  ICOBank: World's First 3 in 1 Token 
[   Whitepaper   ] [       ANN Thread       ]
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░
████████▀░░░▀█████████████████░
██████▀       ▀████████████████
█████  ░▄███▄  ░███████████████
████░  ██████         ░▀███████
████░  █████████████▄   ░██████
████░  ███████████████  ░░█████
████░  ██████████████▀  ░██████
████░  ██████          ░███████
█████  ██████          ░███████
█████  ▀█████████████▄  ░██████
██████  ▀█████████████  ░░█████
███████▄░  ▀▀███████▀░  ░██████
░████████▄░            ▄███████
░░█████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████▄░░
███████████████████████████░
████████████████▀▀░░░░██████
████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░██████
██████████░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
███████▀░░░░░░░▄░░░░░▐██████
█████░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░███████
██████░░░░░░█░░░░░░░▐███████
████████▄░░█░░░░░░░░▐███████
███████████▀░░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░▄█▄▄▄░░████████
███████████░▄███████████████
░███████████████████████████
░░▀█████████████████████████

Join PRE-ICO SALE   
    ▶Exchanges
gts476

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:59:29 PM

forget it, change to pure pos ,then ipo , i accept it and i will invest it .

No.
Bitornio

Activity: 67

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:03:07 PM

So, can someone explain to me how the pools work with a new launch? Don't they need time to get the daemon up and running?
Silkcoin (OP)

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:36:25 PM

*Update

Just compiled successfully linux and windows QT wallets and everything seems fine but one of the devs maybe found a flaw in the code this morning, we are currently doing the last tests to be sure everything goes well at launch.

And since we're a bit in a rush OP will be edited on time with GITHUB, linux wallet and windows wallet, no passworded zip. No one will be mining the coin before you since no one on the team will be mining.

When source will go public, pools will be available very fast.

As for the current state of the wallet for those who say it's buggy : in fact the only problem is a minor rpc error on windows QT that will be solve very fast after launch by an outside dev, but we can't show him the source before launch.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: