Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 13850 times)
stick_theman

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:04:25 AM

Next time... you should have sold everything, book profit, then blog and brag about it.  Money in the bank first, my man.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
racerguy

Activity: 270

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:04:52 AM

Police? Way to take it like a man.
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:05:36 AM

Next time... you should have sold everything, book profit, then blog and brag about it.  Money in the bank first, my man.
Not enough depth to cash out and remain profitable.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
somestranger

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

Are You Shpongled?

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:07:17 AM

This is can be funny, i dont care about money.
but this is a cime, and people who do the crime should  go to jail.

Yes, it can be very funny. I am pretty pissed about losing all my money because of you, but cannot stop laughing at this post.
EPiSKiNG
Legendary

Activity: 800
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:07:27 AM

So, does this mean that an unfettered free market can withstand and destroy cheesy trading games?!?!

hip, hip hooray!

-EP

YOU CAN TRUST ME! EPiSKiNG-'s COINS!! BUYING / SELLING BTC - USA --- View my OTC Trading Feedback!!
<gribble> You are identified as user EPiSKiNG-, with GPG key id 721730127CD7574D, key fingerprint EBFC267F8F10EFD1FB84854D721730127CD7574D, and bitcoin address 1EPiSKiNG139bzcwTm8rxMFNfFFdanLW5K
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:09:22 AM

but this is a cime, and people who do the crime should  go to jail.

what do you think now ?

this guy is an offender. Tommorow i go to police.

Who has the same situation please contact me.

You need proof of a crime before anyone will believe you. The screenshot you showed could have been done by anyone with a bitcoinica account (not just Zhourtang) that saw your original post and worked out exactly what they needed to buy up to to force you into liquidation. It's your own fault for bragging, and posting details that any lurker could take advantage of.
smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:11:13 AM

wow  Cheesy

bittenbob

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:13:21 AM

Also Zhoutong is in Singapore so unless you are there only Interpol can do something and I wouldn't be counting on that any time soon. As I said many orders never see the light of day on MTGox and this is what allows him to charge such low fees. As someone else said you have no proof and probably have yourself to blame for bragging.
copumpkin
Donator

Activity: 266
Merit: 252

I'm actually a pineapple

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:14:01 AM

what do you think now ?

I'm all for shorting and leverage, unlike most people here. I'm also not cheering at your loss, unlike most people here, because it sucks and I'm sorry. But dude, there are other wealthy people on these forums. If you post information showing exactly the parameters it would take to screw you, people are going to take advantage of you. It's not impossible that foul play could be involved, but seriously, Ockham's Razor. As people on IRC are saying, you showed your poker hand early and someone fucked you for it.
RandyFolds

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:14:12 AM

but this is a c[r]ime, and people who do the crime should  go to jail.

A crime how, exactly? You do know what a bucket shop is, right? And you know why they aren't allowed in a regulated market?

Will the internet investigate? Where will he be jailed, or do you plan to have him digitized and encrypted in a flash drive?
gtabmx

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:16:55 AM

but this is a cime, and people who do the crime should  go to jail.

what do you think now ?

You need proof of a crime before anyone will believe you. The screenshot you showed could have been done by anyone with a bitcoinica account (not just Zhourtang) that saw your original post and worked out exactly what they needed to buy up to to force you into liquidation. It's your own fault for bragging, and posting details that any lurker could take advantage of.

This is most probably exactly what happened. Normally people post the P/L% of the P/L$ only, but putting all that info on THE bitcoin forum was simply a dumb move. The person who liquidated you will one day reveal himself and we will all make him a local hero.

-Mike
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 02:17:11 AM

I learned this last spike (a week or two ago?) with 1 BTC invested on Bitcoinica.  I guess that was a cheap lesson!  

Mostly due to the spread, not the leverage, Bitcoinica is a pretty bad deal.  I recommend to stay away.  MTGOX is a bargain compared to Bitcoinica with just a .5 % fee (per side).  

You add the immediate loss due to the spread, plus a little leverage and you are liquidated on pretty mild price swings.  Almost everyone using real leverage will be liquidated on the bigger swings.  

Ferroh

Activity: 111
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:19:03 AM

The volume before and after the crash looks fairly balanced to me:

https://ferroh.com/chart?t=24h

Notice that the heatmap shows the sum of volume over a wider period. Bar volume charts can have one large bar surrounded by several small ones, but in this case we are interested in the average of the volume over a period longer than just one bar.
zhoutong
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 02:37:03 AM

but this is a cime, and people who do the crime should  go to jail.

this is the screen with volume of the trade which liquidated me.
there is just 20 000 volume.
exactly what you need to move price to 7.0

If i was liquidated, where is another 20 000?

the same situations was here

Possition :
Liquidation (point in point) at 6.75 +spread 3 = 6.78 look at the price...

Real liquidation :

what do you think now ?

At that time, all trades were delayed, including Bitcoinica's.

Your liquidation was piled up in the system and partially hedged a few minutes later. At the same time, there were a lot of sell orders at Bitcoinica too, so both are balanced.

We disclose how we hedge and the volume of our Mt. Gox account on home page (updated every 5 minutes). You can check that out and see if your order hedged, and/or internally matched.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 02:38:34 AM

There's no fraud that I can see.  it's called "stop hunting"   Google it

I had some BUY orders down there at 5.05 and i got partially filled at 5.03.  It's trading.  you have to read the charts and obey your stops.

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:46:37 AM

what do you think now ?

Jonathan Ryan Owens
Donator

Activity: 392
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2012, 02:47:53 AM

I'm still trying to figure out why he posted screenshots of his position without understanding the fallout that could result for him in such a thin market.

If people are made aware that you're 10:1 in any direction, and they know your base price and level of exposure, it's simple maths to take advantage given that they have the resources to go against your position enough to liquidate you. In this case that appears to be what happened.

Definition of 'Stop Hunting'
A strategy that attempts to force some market participants out of their positions by driving the price of an asset to a level where many individuals have chosen to set their stop-loss orders. The triggering of many stop losses generally leads to high volatility and can present a unique opportunity for investors who seek to trade in this environment.

meelba (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:48:17 AM

The main thing is - if this is not zhoutong, what could this XMAN earn from this trade?
he just liquidate me virtually. No trades on mtgox.

But who's got interest in this trade?

Liquidation trade was made on mtgox, so the only one reason to make profits is to put 20 000 order for sell at 6.99 and buy until 6.98 (to liquidate me and take profits at 6.99)
this didnt happen.

May be in equador police do nothing about this. but here this is a crime.

Is anyone here was liquidated right point in point ? please contact me.
RandyFolds

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:50:09 AM

The main thing is - if this is not zhoutong, what could this XMAN earn from this trade?

Liquidation trade was made on mtgox, so the only one reason to make profits is to put 20 000 order for sell at 6.99 and buy until 6.98 (to liquidate me and take profits at 6.99)
this didnt happen.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Bucket_shop_%28stock_market%29

for christ's sake...
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 18, 2012, 02:53:01 AM

this didnt happen.

I guess next time dont brag about how much money you made, er.. lost Wink

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: