Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:20:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HASHRA - LUNAR SERIES - ASIC SCRYPT MINERS  (Read 61644 times)
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:49:16 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 03:05:12 PM by r0ach

I don't seem to be having any of the software issues people are talking about here.  I'm using the original firmware with the 14mh miner (didn't upgrade).  I use the Pi controller with 4 pools set and it cycles through them all fine.  I have no issues with it failing to connect.  

I've left the thing on for more than 48 hours and it cycles through different pools without the hash rate dropping or anything.

I did read someone say the included ethernet cable (which I didn't use) is junk and didn't work, maybe that's a possible issue?  Check your connections on the back of the miner too, the USB connection that goes into the miner doesn't really hold it in all that tight.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:01:49 PM

If you had 2000 accepted and 200 hardware errors, that means 10% of your hashrate is totally wasted.  That's not good.  Your 14mh/s miner is effectively a 12.6mh/s miner.

My HW error rate is pretty high, but the actual pools seem to report 14.4mh for me, so doesn't this mean kind of the opposite of what you said?  If they can lower HW error rate, the hash rate should increase to 15-16.  In other words, we aren't currently being skimmed by the high error rate, at least compared to advertised hash rate.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
davecoin

Activity: 816

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:25:10 PM

If you had 2000 accepted and 200 hardware errors, that means 10% of your hashrate is totally wasted.  That's not good.  Your 14mh/s miner is effectively a 12.6mh/s miner.

My HW error rate is pretty high, but the actual pools seem to report 14.4mh for me, so doesn't this mean kind of the opposite of what you said?  If they can lower HW error rate, the hash rate should increase to 15-16.  In other words, we aren't currently being skimmed by the high error rate, at least compared to advertised hash rate.

Since 2012, I've never seen an FPGA or ASIC miner advertised as XXX MH/s, GH/s (excluding a 6% error rate).
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:29:15 PM

Since 2012, I've never seen an FPGA or ASIC miner advertised as XXX MH/s, GH/s (excluding a 6% error rate).

Look at the two hour average poolside rates for three different pools:

I always get over 14mh even with the high error rate.  The miner seems to get the advertised hash power regardless of what error rate is?

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
SickDoge

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:56:52 PM

Hey fellows,

New here. I have been following this thread but didn't register and post anything until now.

To be honest this is my first asic scrypt miner, was trying to mine with my gpu previously and god those things run slow. Will never see a ROI on those, and I actually trashed one of my GPUs in like my 2nd week. Temps were fine, somewhere around 75c.

So I got my Lunar Lander yesterday and have been trying to optimize it. So far this is the best I could.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj196/derekz87/Untitled-1_zps34aa6c09.jpg

I have also tried @300, it goes down to about 25.9mhs, however still getting about 6% error with 0.20~0.30% rejection.

what ambient temp are you guys getting, over here it's like 27~30c all year round. I hope that's not gonna be a problem for long term mining. LOL. If you're wondering, I am in Malaysia.
crocko

Activity: 826

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:12:47 PM

You need a room with air conditioner where to place your ASIC, or you have many of these you better search to rent a space on a data center.

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
wellfried

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:18:41 PM

I finally got my y Lunar Lander today and it isn't working. I tried with a laptop (downloaded the software), and with the RaspPi that is included (which I had to power with another cable because it wouldn't join the internet - thanks to the thread for heads up on that); and on both *AS SOON* as CGminer starts, the unit shuts down. I get this error in the log on the Pi:

Icarus Detect: Test failed at /dev/ttyUSB0: get 00000000, should: 00038d26

Not feeling great about this.

My PSU is rated platinum and at 1300W - pretty sure that's not the problem. I have each plug isolated, so I don't think that is the problem.  Since the error is USB related, I tried swapping out the USB cable - no dice.

I am open to suggestions.

well - don't use their power cable to power the pi - myself and other have had problems. In addition the ethernet cable they supplied did not work. In addition make sure you're nit plugging in the additional 2 wire plug from the pcie cable.

send a message to support@hashra.com - their tech guy is very responsive.

Thanks - I did take the forum's advice and used a different power cable for the Pi, so thanks for that.  I am using my own ethernet cable, and I can browse to the Controla interface.  And no, I am not plugging in the +2 on the PCI-E connections.  The thing powers up fine... makes lots of noise and even some heat... but then instantly shuts down once I ask to to do some mining...

So working with Hashra support, it appears I have a defective unit.  Now it gets interesting.  While the support team was responsive and proactive, it will be interesting to see how this plays out.  Hopefully Hashra views this as an opportunity to demonstrate excellent customer service.  Stay tuned...

After a few days, and just a few questions, support confirmed my unit defective.  I have sent it back to Hashra, at a significant cost.  Now let's see how they handle this process.  I've already lost 20 days *at least* because of the shipping "mistake" and the defective miner.  Really, really trying to stay positive on this one... would certainly be easier if Hashra met me half-way.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:07:28 PM

I finally got my y Lunar Lander today and it isn't working. I tried with a laptop (downloaded the software), and with the RaspPi that is included (which I had to power with another cable because it wouldn't join the internet - thanks to the thread for heads up on that); and on both *AS SOON* as CGminer starts, the unit shuts down. I get this error in the log on the Pi:

My PSU is rated platinum and at 1300W - pretty sure that's not the problem. I have each plug isolated, so I don't think that is the problem.  Since the error is USB related, I tried swapping out the USB cable - no dice.

well - don't use their power cable to power the pi - myself and other have had problems. In addition the ethernet cable they supplied did not work. In addition make sure you're nit plugging in the additional 2 wire plug from the pcie cable.

Thanks - I did take the forum's advice and used a different power cable for the Pi, so thanks for that.  I am using my own ethernet cable, and I can browse to the Controla interface.  And no, I am not plugging in the +2 on the PCI-E connections.  The thing powers up fine... makes lots of noise and even some heat... but then instantly shuts down once I ask to to do some mining...

So working with Hashra support, it appears I have a defective unit.  Now it gets interesting.  While the support team was responsive and proactive, it will be interesting to see how this plays out.  Hopefully Hashra views this as an opportunity to demonstrate excellent customer service.  Stay tuned...

After a few days, and just a few questions, support confirmed my unit defective.  I have sent it back to Hashra, at a significant cost.  Now let's see how they handle this process.  I've already lost 20 days *at least* because of the shipping "mistake" and the defective miner.  Really, really trying to stay positive on this one... would certainly be easier if Hashra met me half-way.

Every ASIC thread is full of stories like this.  I remember clicking pictures of KNC miners with the capacitors and other pieces just randomly falling out of the box.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
davecoin

Activity: 816

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:15:36 AM

Those were on the "super-jupiter" units which were all used hardware and poorly packaged. Hashra packaging was nothing short of amazing.
crocko

Activity: 826

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:33:46 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 09:03:51 AM by crocko

Zeus miner just announced new prices:

http://zeusminer.com/product/week-two-hurricane-x3/

GAW announced compensations:

https://hashtrader.com/t/week-2-3-credit-options/618/3

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
maxzilla

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:23:56 AM

I've released a new version of CONTROLA.

version 1.4.7.x

Pool priority arrangement is now submitted directly to cgminer, so no need to restart the miner anymore.
Deleting and adding pools are also submitted to cgminer.
So pool switching should be less painfull now.

Cgminer doesn't have an API for editing an existing pool, so this still requires a restart.

Things to consider

It takes a couple of seconds before the changes are reflected from cgminer.

Please don't delete an active pool. If you do, it will only be deleted in your poolsettings config file, but not in the running cgminer, so you will need to restart cgminer for the changes to take effect.

No other changes have been made apart from the new pool settings feature, so complaints about hashrate being worse or things being unstable, are not related to this release.

cookiemonsterwhat

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 03:57:35 AM

Just curious is hashra newbie friendly? like setup wise.. cause I want to get one.. but I dont know if I can run it since I`m pretty newbie at alt mining.
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:30:14 AM

Just curious is hashra newbie friendly? like setup wise.. cause I want to get one.. but I dont know if I can run it since I`m pretty newbie at alt mining.

I had never used a Pi before & I got it going within 10-15mins.  If you're able to setup the pool & worker etc then it should be a piece of cake
wellfried

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:19:14 AM

Every ASIC thread is full of stories like this.  I remember clicking pictures of KNC miners with the capacitors and other pieces just randomly falling out of the box.

It's now been two days since I dutifully packed up my defective miner and sent it back to China.  And in those two days, I've heard nothing from Hashra, or "Simon".  The evidence is starting to mount.
jjj0923

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 10:49:05 AM

it's very easy to setup and manage through their web interface

however - ignore heir instruction for trying the figure out the ip address and use this free software instead - it's a lot easier: http://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/

good luck

Lifeforce Pools : http://www.lifeforce.info
Earthcoin :http://eac.lifeforce.info -  Netcoin:  http://net.lifeforce.info - Hundred Coin Pool : http://100.lifeforce.info
Redoakcoin Pool : http://roc.lifeforce.info Guldencoin http://nlg.lifeforce.info also Worldcoin, Guncoin, NOBL, USDe, Tagcoin, Topcoin , Tagcoin , Credits, Goldcoin & Hobonickels
jjj0923

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 10:52:32 AM

600W for 14MH - still more than Hashra.

Earthcoin :http://eac.lifeforce.info -  Netcoin:  http://net.lifeforce.info - Hundred Coin Pool : http://100.lifeforce.info
Redoakcoin Pool : http://roc.lifeforce.info Guldencoin http://nlg.lifeforce.info also Worldcoin, Guncoin, NOBL, USDe, Tagcoin, Topcoin , Tagcoin , Credits, Goldcoin & Hobonickels
jjj0923

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 10:55:54 AM

My PSU is rated platinum and at 1300W - pretty sure that's not the problem. I have each plug isolated, so I don't think that is the problem.  Since the error is USB related, I tried swapping out the USB cable - no dice.

Thanks - I did take the forum's advice and used a different power cable for the Pi, so thanks for that.  I am using my own ethernet cable, and I can browse to the Controla interface.  And no, I am not plugging in the +2 on the PCI-E connections.  The thing powers up fine... makes lots of noise and even some heat... but then instantly shuts down once I ask to to do some mining...

So working with Hashra support, it appears I have a defective unit.  Now it gets interesting.  While the support team was responsive and proactive, it will be interesting to see how this plays out.  Hopefully Hashra views this as an opportunity to demonstrate excellent customer service.  Stay tuned...

After a few days, and just a few questions, support confirmed my unit defective.  I have sent it back to Hashra, at a significant cost.  Now let's see how they handle this process.  I've already lost 20 days *at least* because of the shipping "mistake" and the defective miner.  Really, really trying to stay positive on this one... would certainly be easier if Hashra met me half-way.

Every ASIC thread is full of stories like this.  I remember clicking pictures of KNC miners with the capacitors and other pieces just randomly falling out of the box.

It's now been two days since I dutifully packed up my defective miner and sent it back to China.  And in those two days, I've heard nothing from Hashra, or "Simon".  The evidence is starting to mount.

In spite of all my all of my griping I have found Simon and the others at Hashra to be very honest - I would not worry. I'm sure you'll get your replacement unit. Where did you ship the unit back from  - USA? - out of curiosity - how much did it cost to ship?

andycee

Activity: 462
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 11:29:40 AM

It's now been two days since I dutifully packed up my defective miner and sent it back to China.  And in those two days, I've heard nothing from Hashra, or "Simon".  The evidence is starting to mount.

In spite of all my all of my griping I have found Simon and the others at Hashra to be very honest - I would not worry. I'm sure you'll get your replacement unit. Where did you ship the unit back from  - USA? - out of curiosity - how much did it cost to ship?

+1

Yeah, I mean come on....2 days....why would you expect any notification before it even arrives back in China ?! It will likely take about 4 days to get there, so hang fire on the finger pointing  Smiley

I do feel for you though, must be a real pain when all you want to do is start mining
BringTheRain

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:02:44 AM

Anyone know what's going on with recent Hashra orders?

I ordered a Lunar Lander on 6/12, status went to "Awaiting Fullfilment", checked the order tonight and it's now in "Pending" status.

Then checked the product page and the Lunar Lander series has been removed, replaced by all Lunar Launchers Warp packages.

Does this mean I'll be getting a Lunar Launcher Warp 2 instead?
andycee

Activity: 462
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:08:11 AM

New version of PoolPicker released...looking good.

Useful for keeping track of pools and their profitability !

http://poolpicker.eu/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: