Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:06:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SierraChart bridge - Realtime Bitcoin charts [v0.5] (MtGox, Intersango, ...)  (Read 142176 times)
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 02:56:20 PM

so i've just got this set up - candlesticks, moving average, volume. love it.

but two things i'm hitting a block on: i'd like it to update in real time, is that possible?

and... it's saying the price is 4.50 currently. obviously, it's not. (5.54, i just checked on bitcoin charts.) any ideas why this is the case? well i figured THIS out - it's watchintg mtgox euro. how the heck did i manage that...

i don't post much, but this space for rent.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 03:01:11 PM

so i've just got this set up - candlesticks, moving average, volume. love it.

but two things i'm hitting a block on: i'd like it to update in real time, is that possible?

and... it's saying the price is 4.50 currently. obviously, it's not. (5.54, i just checked on bitcoin charts.) any ideas why this is the case? well i figured THIS out - it's watchintg mtgox euro. how the heck did i manage that...

It's been a while since I've used this SierraChart bridge, but when I did it was definitely real-time.  Sometimes it was ahead of MtGoxLive.  Has the whole history downloaded yet?  It can take a few minutes to get all the data.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
arklan
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2012, 03:09:21 PM

that may be the case. we'll see.

got it displaying mtgox usd at least. Cheesy

arklan
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 02:39:27 PM

i got things working wonderfully now. loving this feed and the historical data. as well.

two questions: i see the feed is pulling in data for all the exhanges and such. is there a way to limit it so it only pulls (for example) mtgoxUSD? not a big deal. just curious. no sense wasting the storage space or bandwidth, even if it is a tiny amount.

also, the volume display. got it set up under my main chart and it works fine.but it shows only whole numbers, basically shifting the decimal to the right. the feed will say 35.62 volume for a trade, for example, but the chart will show it as 3562. minor annoyance and i can of course adjust it in my head. but would be nice to change it. thoughts?

slush (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2012, 03:37:30 PM

two questions: i see the feed is pulling in data for all the exhanges and such. is there a way to limit it so it only pulls (for example) mtgoxUSD? not a big deal. just curious. no sense wasting the storage space or bandwidth, even if it is a tiny amount.

This is the limitation of bitcoincharts.com API; it broadcasts everything and we can only filter interesting markets for us. For this reason I decided to store everything, because sometimes it can be handy to have complete history of all markets and the consumed space on the harddisk is really tiny ... but if you don't want to store all markets locally, just use "-s mtgoxUSD" (which means "care only about mtgoxusd") option on the commandline. The default is "-s mtgoxUSD,*" which means "download the history of mtgoxUSD and then stream and store everything".

also, the volume display. got it set up under my main chart and it works fine.but it shows only whole numbers, basically shifting the decimal to the right. the feed will say 35.62 volume for a trade, for example, but the chart will show it as 3562. minor annoyance and i can of course adjust it in my head. but would be nice to change it. thoughts?

Yes, this is annoying, but it is limitation of Sierrachart data format; volume cannot handle decimal places. So this is the only way to store and display decimal places in bitcoin trading Sad.

arklan
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 03:54:32 PM

ok then. thanks! love the software all the same.

N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 14, 2012, 04:08:01 PM

Slush, every time I close and re-load the feed, it will introduce a 15 minute long gap with no trades. Is this possible to fix?

Currently, over time, the data becomes more and more corrupted so that I have to regularly delete and download the whole history again to limit it to only one 15 min gap.
slush (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2012, 10:08:29 AM

It is because historical data from bitcoincharts.com are not realtime. That means, there's few minutes gap everytime you'll start feed, but then it is downloading all data.

Quick fix: Don't stop the feed.

Slow fix: It is possible to mark down startup times, ask bitcoincharts for the data later and fix the file, but it isn't implemented yet. The biggest problem which I see is that sierrachart file is supposed to be a stream, so I'm not sure how sierrachart will handle the fact that file will be changed in the middle.

EnergyVampire

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2012, 07:38:54 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2012, 03:01:50 PM by EnergyVampire

Hello,

I haven't read every post on here but does this work with data from Bitfloor.com?

slush (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 11:30:47 AM

I haven't read every post on here but does this work with data from Bitfloor.com?

Yes, it's symbol "bitfloorUSD" in sierrachart.

kentrolla

Activity: 1526
Merit: 564

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2012, 04:42:10 AM

is there any way to see the order book with sierra chart?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
ChiangYay

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 04:01:16 AM

sorry Slush. i'm a non techie.  could u list specifically these 2 steps?:

3. Start feed in a console (no parameters required, list of all parameters: sierrachartfeed.exe --help)
4. Start SierraChart software

Open the file named sierrachartfeed-0.2.exe (http://mining.bitcoin.cz/media/download/sierrachartfeed-0.2.exe). You'll notice a "command prompt" like window open (don't close this!), once this is open, open up SierraChart (once installed, it'll make a shortcut on your desktop).

Hope that helps
then click to IC button (sierra chart toolbar) and select mtgoxUSD.scid

Hi, I'm running sierrachartfeed-0.5, it seems that is not feeding data:

"Loading data file c:/SierraChart/data/mtgoxUSD.scid"
"Downloading historical data"

No sign of download, it's freezing as you see.

Also I don't see the IC button  on sierra chart toolbar.

Any help would be appreciated.  

ChiangYay
slush (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 12:06:09 PM

ChiangYay, you can try to move your mtgoxUSD.scid file to another location and run sierrafeed again. Maybe the file is corrupted and cannot read the latest timestamp for some reason. Other possibility is that you cannot reach bitcoincharts.com for historical download.

ChiangYay

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 05:20:03 AM

Thanks Slush. I moved sierrachartfeed-0.5 to the SierraChart directory but is not downloading.
Best
slush (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 02:20:08 PM

Moving executable file don't solve anything. You have to move SCID file out of data directory to force feed to redownload history. If this won't help, then there's some issue on the network. Can you reach http://bitcoincharts.com in your browser?

flipperfish

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

Dolphie Selfie

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 03:26:54 PM

On my system it seems to take a while (about 2-3 min) before it begins downloading history.
ChiangYay

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 04:57:00 AM

Moving executable file don't solve anything. You have to move SCID file out of data directory to force feed to redownload history. If this won't help, then there's some issue on the network. Can you reach http://bitcoincharts.com in your browser?

Thanks for your help. I moved sierrachartfeed-0.5 in a new fold in an other Hd to be sure. But can't download.  I  can reach http://bitcoincharts.com in my browser ethout problem.
The console says: Downloading historical data, but is not downloading. I tried both with SierraChart running or not.  No way to download data.
Best
ChiangYay

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 08:27:47 AM

Thanks a lot slush and flipperfish. It works now. I just had to wait.
Best
chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 07:56:08 PM

it looks like the v0.5 .exe relys on bitcoincharts.com - which is down. 

this is the first time trying to set this up as i have always used bitcoincharts - any help? Cheesy
slush (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 08:13:55 PM

it looks like the v0.5 .exe relys on bitcoincharts.com - which is down. 

this is the first time trying to set this up as i have always used bitcoincharts - any help? Cheesy

Originally the feed used mtgox's websocket connection, but it was really unreliable. You're right that at this time there's no other data source than bitcoincharts, so we're screwed now :-(. I hope tcatm will fix it quickly :-).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: