Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:19:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
Reavon

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:36:38 PM

Holding my 20k veri like a Dragon his gold Wink.
A message to all the whales.... we are holding our vericoin hard, stake report tells it. If you want to have cheap veri in big amounts this isnt gonna work without huge price jumps because only some weakhands will sell.. just saying

MADANA
    MARKET FOR DATA ANALYSIS
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
                ████    ████                        ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Securely Bridging the Gap between Data & Insights
« PAX Token|     ⬡Patent Pending  ⬡German Based  ⬡Privacy  ⬡Industry Partners     |PAX Token »
                ████████████
        ██████                ██████
    ████                                █████
████                                            ███
████        █████████████████      ██
    ████        ██████        ████          ██
        ████        ██        ████                ██
            ████            ████                    ██
            ████            ████                  ██
        ████        ██        ████            ██
    ████        ██████        ████    ███
██████████████████        ██████
                                                ██
Facebook     ⬡ANN Thread      Linkedin 
Twitter         Telegram          Bounty ANN
Medium       Whitepaper       ⬡Reddit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DutchTrades

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 03:43:17 PM

A message to all the whales.... we are holding our vericoin hard, stake report tells it. If you want to have cheap veri in big amounts this isnt gonna work without huge price jumps because only some weakhands will sell.. just saying
This. Still holding, and i only sell a small amount when the price has trippeld+
Just to much positive news for this amazing coin.
saberu

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:46:12 PM

Thats not quite true, there is no liquidity in the market right now. The market now is just almost 100% day traders playing cat and mouse with eachother because Bitcoin recently had a sharp drop in price which has affected sentiment across all alt coins except XC which rose 50% to 150k and it pains me to say this because I swapped all my XC to VRC but I think XC will probably be back to 500k when Bitcoin goes bullish again.

Only reason I am sticking with VRC is that I hold almost 100k VRC and I only had 15K XC. Since both have pretty similar technologies regardless if XC is `better` anon or not its definitely not seven times better. I could make more profit from VRC hitting 200k than XC hitting 500k  Smiley

I will be dumping at 80k, 200k and 500k not because I do not support the coin but to protect myself in case of a pump and dump. I lost out on a $35k profit when XC dumped from 400k+ to 100k so not going to make the same mistake this time. May dump some around 25-30k too.

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins. Su3XiYekKKk4FRHaaMneseJHcykGfswVb3
pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:52:06 PM

Our VeriSend tests are going smoothly. We will have another update soon with adjustable VeriSend mixing times including an instant send option (less secure). We will also be limiting VeriSend tx to 5000 VRC at first as that's all our fund-raising would allow us to do and continue to remain anonymous (we raised 85k VRC for the ring nodes).

In addition, we have designed VeriBit to require VeriSend in order to function so all VRC to BIT transactions will be anonymous.

We are still trying to determine the lowest fee we can charge to dissuade needless use of VeriSend and also the fee to cover exchange fees for VeriBit.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:09:31 PM

I have "Spendable" Vericoin shown in my wallet, but am unsure of how to make my coins begin to "stake". They have been in my wallet for about 24 hours. Do I need to do something in order to allow the coins for staking? I show 14 active connections to the Vericoin network and when I hover my mouse over the logo in the bottom right corner of wallet I am told:

Staking.
Network interest rate is: 2.13923%
Network stake is: *******
Expected time to earn interest is: 8 hours

Are my coins currently considered "staked"? I show zero in "Stake:" in the top left corner of the wallet. and show all my coins in the "Spendable:...."

Also in order for coins to be staked must they be left on the open wallet on a computer harddrive or will they stake when left in cold storage as well (from what I understand they do not)? I'm new to the whole staking technology and am just trying to get a grasp & fully understand. I have read the entire forum here as well as other places, but was unable to answer my questions so I figured I'd resort to asking.

Also once coins are "staked" how long does it take for them to become "spendable" again. I'm failing to grasp what "staking" actually does for the coin. Is it setting our coins aside to be used by the system in some way?

I would really appreciate someone to explain a little in detail "staking" to a newb. I appreciate any and all answers or help I may receive ahead of time!

I posted the following sometime  ago perhaps it will help U understand staking and how VeriCoin works

A lot has happened since and it's all good. I truly believe VRC is headed for the outer reaches of the universe

Still in its infancy, the crypto world we R traversing is a cyber-conundrum. The vast majority of people can't get their head around How BTC works. Those immersed in it R pressing on into the unknown creating code that's nebulous to all but those with IT and coding chops.

Here's how I THINK! Vericoin is proceeding.

POW is over. There is no publicly, active, mining going. Nor will there be. 26 Million Vericoin have been created.

HOWEVER. POS or Staking creates/mines coins to pay the interest on coins being staked. So the Block chain is being added too by this action

Coins must be in Wallets to Stake. If U keep your wallet open it's good for the stability of the network and the coins "age/mature" and are awarded interest every 8 hours they remain in the wallet continuously. While staking, these coins cannot be spent/transferred. You can set a reserve in your wallet so you can ALWAYS have the number of coins that U may want to trade or spend available.

The accounting of Spendable, Available, and unconfirmed is tracked by the wallet.

If u open your wallet once a year U will receive the staking interest for all coins that have been in there for more than 8 hours. Then they will begin aging/maturing again. In the once a year scenario I believe (not sure) all the staked coins would then mature in 8 hours and pay interest

For always Open Wallets: As Coins start aging when they arrive in your wallet, every 8 hours they remain there "Staking"  they generate interest. All interest is compounded. It's virtually impossible to get all your vericoin to stake simultaneously.

The VeriCoin Multipool

All hash (scrypt or X11 only) pointed @ the MultiPool is managed by an algorithm which selects the most profitable coins to mine @ that time. The coins being mined are anonymous to everyone but the pool master. The spoils from mining will then be sold on the open market for BTC on the exchange offering the best price. The total resulting BTC will then be used to BUY Vericoin (again @ the best price) on the open market and then distributed to the share holders in the MultiPool.

Payouts will be made @ an interval to be decided but more than once a day.

All this will happen automatically once the algo for the Multipool is complete.

Can U C the intricacies of coding that this algo requires? This is why it takes time  and why we R lucky to have

The Best Development Team in Crypto

working tirelessly in the best interest of the Crypto Community to make this daunting piece of software known as Vericoin a true Masterpiece

Dev's or anyone in the know please make me aware of any inaccuracies

leckey

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:45:49 PM

And for anyone interested, you can use the vericoindice irc bot to gamble directly from freenode. You must be identified with nickserv. You also must be registered on vericoindice.com

Commands:
/msg vericoindice help - shows a list of commands
/msg vericoindice apikey [api_key_here] - associates your website api key with your nickserv account. You MUST set this before you can roll. API key can be obtained from https://vericoindice.com
/msg vericoindice apikey getbalance - displays your available balance
/msg vericoindice roll [chance] [amount] - rolls the dice. You can chose any odds you want as a percentage (although you can't go above 98.499%)

For example:

/msg vericoindice roll 10 0.1 - this will bet 0.1 VRC at 10% chance

Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 05:12:45 PM

Yo whats da ETA of Verisend? 

bitcoinbboyce

Activity: 156

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:21:18 PM

Yo whats da ETA of Verisend? 

In beta testing at the moment, it worked smoothly for me.

Pnosker has said when its ready to go its ready to go.
sdmathis

Activity: 546

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:45:28 PM

Here's another article on VeriSend. http://wp.me/p4JD1l-3

drkman

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:27:54 PM

This is the key to everything.  As the Devs keep doing their good work, our job to make Vericoin go higher is to keep staking all those bags of Vericoins in the wallet so the supply drys up.  Then as the demand for Vericoin increases due to the great development and features, the whales can't get any cheap coins anymore because everyone is staking!

In this situation the only variable left is the price which will move tremendously higher, especially if all of us Vericoin holders work as a unit and remove all our coins off the exchanges and collect that interest!  Let's do this!
CryptoLTD

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:04:02 PM

This is the key to everything.  As the Devs keep doing their good work, our job to make Vericoin go higher is to keep staking all those bags of Vericoins in the wallet so the supply drys up.  Then as the demand for Vericoin increases due to the great development and features, the whales can't get any cheap coins anymore because everyone is staking!

In this situation the only variable left is the price which will move tremendously higher, especially if all of us Vericoin holders work as a unit and remove all our coins off the exchanges and collect that interest!  Let's do this!

Thats not whats happening tho, look @ the #'s, after every stake period, all kinds of 'posts' & 'tweets' come out, looking for fish to sell the stake coins to. This & any other coin to go after real world adaptation, and not some coinkite noncense, no one is buying those devices, I mean why would they, their like 800 dollars each & anything they do can be done for little to no cost anyways. I knew when all BC started talking abt wa 'coinkite' inna few days ect ect.. it was game over for them. Im stuck holding that bad decision, and @ the 1st hint of that RE: VRC, I'm out..not getting screwed 2x on coins whos only promotional goals are within the community itself. Im not sayin thats the case here, but it could go that direction. You can have all the innovation and all the best coded features and the best of everything.. but if only this community knows about it, and not the billions of other people.. its just another w/e coin. And if I start seeing 'Joes cyber garbage store fronts' accepting VRC like EXE attempted to do, in a lame use case promotional attempt, Ill know when its time to say goodbye. Mondays suck. Blah.
bit-coin.pt

Activity: 154

bit-coin.pt - A divulgar a Bitcoin em Portugal

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 07:08:55 PM

About the name "VeriCoin" (I really don't know if the name VeriCoin came from the "Very" word or if they had this concept of "Veri"... but as a curiosity here it is)

veri & ver: These ROOT-WORDS are VER & VERI which come from the Latin verus which means TRUE & GENUINE. To complete the meaning of VERism (No. 14), the VERist (No. 15) who believes in VERism calls it realism & impressionism. Ugliness does exist in life and so do vulgarity and other evils. Therefore they belong in the picture, the true picture of life. In one of Frank Stockton’s stories he has a character who is called the Very Imp (See No. 19). Not once in the story is he called Imp. Always Very Imp.

Verify: VER ify (ver i fie) v. To prove to be true; confirm
Verificate: VERI ficate (ver’ i fi kate) v. To confirm; to verify
Verifiable:   VERI fiable (ver i fie’ a b’l) adj. Can be verified
Verily: VERI ly (ver’ i lee) adv. It is truly the truth; certainly
Verification: VERI fication (ver i fi kay’ shun) n. Proof; the act of proving to be true
Verisimilar: VERI similar (ver i sim’ i lar) adj. Having the appearance of truth
Verisimilitude: VERI similitude (ver i si mil’ i tude) n. The likeness of truth; probability
Veridical: VERI dical (ve rid’ i k’l) adj. Truthful; veracious; as, a veridical statement
Veridity: VERI dity (ve rid’ i ti) n. Genuineness; truth
Veridicality: VERI dicality (ve rid i kal’ i ti) n. Quality of being veridical
Verism: VERI sm (ver’ iz um) n. The doctrine that the ordinary is preferable to the heroic in artistic terms
Verist: VERI st (ver’ ist) n. One who believes in verism
Veritable: VERI table (ver’ it a b’l) adj. True
Veritability: VERI tability (ver i ta bil’ i ti) n. The quality of truthfulness
Veritas: VERI tas (ver’ i tas) n. Latin word for truth
Very: VER y (ver’ ee) adj. Exact and absolute; as, real and very justice
Verifier: VERI fier (ver’ i fie er) n. One who verifies the truth

Of the dev's can say something it would be nice. If it came from twist with the phonetic from Very to Veri I've got to say that they got lucky because the meaning is VERI nice Wink

Bit-Coin.pt - A divulgar a Bitcoin em Portugal - Ajuda o projecto com donativos para 18brXUnsJEXmmEwuwdf7QfkfwQY341492f
Alisho

Activity: 206

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:10:06 PM

Thats not whats happening tho, look @ the #'s, after every stake period, all kinds of 'posts' & 'tweets' come out, looking for fish to sell the stake coins to. This & any other coin to go after real world adaptation, and not some coinkite noncense, no one is buying those devices, I mean why would they, their like 800 dollars each & anything they do can be done for little to no cost anyways. I knew when all BC started talking abt wa 'coinkite' inna few days ect ect.. it was game over for them. Im stuck holding that bad decision, and @ the 1st hint of that RE: VRC, I'm out..not getting screwed 2x on coins whos only promotional goals are within the community itself. Im not sayin thats the case here, but it could go that direction. You can have all the innovation and all the best coded features and the best of everything.. but if only this community knows about it, and not the billions of other people.. its just another w/e coin. And if I start seeing 'Joes cyber garbage store fronts' accepting VRC like EXE attempted to do, in a lame use case promotional attempt, Ill know when its time to say goodbye. Mondays suck. Blah.

Yeah because of that we need more promotion.. not only from the VRC team.. from everyone who holds the coins.. in various channels..
And atm there is a crowdfunding to promote VRC at the Bitcoin Conference! Hope this will bring a lot of publicity! https://www.startjoin.com/vericoin_nambtc
Alns

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:12:22 PM

Thanks for fill my low orders  Grin
sdmathis

Activity: 546

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:24:57 PM

About the name "VeriCoin" (I really don't know if the name VeriCoin came from the "Very" word or if they had this concept of "Veri"... but as a curiosity here it is)

veri & ver: These ROOT-WORDS are VER & VERI which come from the Latin verus which means TRUE & GENUINE. To complete the meaning of VERism (No. 14), the VERist (No. 15) who believes in VERism calls it realism & impressionism. Ugliness does exist in life and so do vulgarity and other evils. Therefore they belong in the picture, the true picture of life. In one of Frank Stockton’s stories he has a character who is called the Very Imp (See No. 19). Not once in the story is he called Imp. Always Very Imp.

Verify: VER ify (ver i fie) v. To prove to be true; confirm
Verificate: VERI ficate (ver’ i fi kate) v. To confirm; to verify
Verifiable:   VERI fiable (ver i fie’ a b’l) adj. Can be verified
Verily: VERI ly (ver’ i lee) adv. It is truly the truth; certainly
Verification: VERI fication (ver i fi kay’ shun) n. Proof; the act of proving to be true
Verisimilar: VERI similar (ver i sim’ i lar) adj. Having the appearance of truth
Verisimilitude: VERI similitude (ver i si mil’ i tude) n. The likeness of truth; probability
Veridical: VERI dical (ve rid’ i k’l) adj. Truthful; veracious; as, a veridical statement
Veridity: VERI dity (ve rid’ i ti) n. Genuineness; truth
Veridicality: VERI dicality (ve rid i kal’ i ti) n. Quality of being veridical
Verism: VERI sm (ver’ iz um) n. The doctrine that the ordinary is preferable to the heroic in artistic terms
Verist: VERI st (ver’ ist) n. One who believes in verism
Veritable: VERI table (ver’ it a b’l) adj. True
Veritability: VERI tability (ver i ta bil’ i ti) n. The quality of truthfulness
Veritas: VERI tas (ver’ i tas) n. Latin word for truth
Very: VER y (ver’ ee) adj. Exact and absolute; as, real and very justice
Verifier: VERI fier (ver’ i fie er) n. One who verifies the truth

Of the dev's can say something it would be nice. If it came from twist with the phonetic from Very to Veri I've got to say that they got lucky because the meaning is VERI nice Wink

It wasn't luck. According to effectsToCause, they chose Veri because of the Latin meaning of the word.

bit-coin.pt

Activity: 154

bit-coin.pt - A divulgar a Bitcoin em Portugal

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 07:45:45 PM

It wasn't luck. According to effectsToCause, they chose Veri because of the Latin meaning of the word.

Great then, it true... veri true Wink

Bit-Coin.pt - A divulgar a Bitcoin em Portugal - Ajuda o projecto com donativos para 18brXUnsJEXmmEwuwdf7QfkfwQY341492f
Alns

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:01:30 PM

When that Brian Winnie spread FUD about your coin, you know you´re a threat  Grin
Fippy

Activity: 252

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:11:56 PM

When that Brian Winnie spread FUD about your coin, you know you´re a threat  Grin

Anything...and I mean anything that is getting FUD'd this relentlessly...while simultaniously being pushed down by whales I might add...is something you really want in your portfolio.

The dev team is 100% open with the coin and upcoming plans. There's no shady rumors to toss around, so they are literally resorting to almost childlike taunts. It's quite adorable really. And I'll keep accumulating more VRC out of their conveniently offered sell walls.

UNCLOAK™ - Cyber Threat Detection Powered by EOS™
┨PRE-SALE  : 25th MAY - 25th JUNE ▌MAIN-SALE: 26th JUNE - 03rd JULY┠
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Telegram Medium Reddit
socal

Activity: 532

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:13:06 PM

ATTENTION!!!

As one of the Alpha testers I would like to report a VERI successful VeriSend test, GO TEAM VRC

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 08:15:08 PM

ATTENTION!!!

As one of the Alpha testers I would like to report a VERI successful VeriSend test, GO TEAM VRC

Great, let twitter know too socal.  Thanks.
Pages: « 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 [169] 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: