Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:32:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Removing legacy scammer tags  (Read 5256 times)
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12968

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:12:53 PM

Before the trust system was added, I would manually add a SCAMMER tag to the accounts of people who were proven scammers, likely alts of scammers, and sometimes to hacked accounts (if they were being used for scamming). Because the trust system now exists, I will be removing all old scammer tags in about 7 days. If you still don't trust any of these people, you should manually give them negative trust.

The scammer tag also prevents people from deleting or editing their posts. If you suspect that any of these people will start deleting posts, you should make a note of their post count. I can restore any deleted or edited post if necessary.

Here's the list of people with scammer tags currently. People in bold will retain a hidden scammer tag so that they cannot delete their posts.

dank
Nefario
Clipse
cablepair
PatrickHarnett
shakaru
chungenhung
bitlotto
pirateat40
ianbakewell
BTC guy
Aahzman
amazingrando
kr4x
FooDSt4mP
hashking
limitless
vdragon
R-
nckrazze
demonofelru
saudibull
Andrew Bitcoiner
Sjalq
Bind
Hollie
cryptoxchange
killer2021
newdude
TizzyTazzy
Snapman
Joshster
joeyjmr8484
AlternativeCypt
SHlFT
Stefanie Andrea
DoubleIcaras
wildemagic
lolcat
constitution
NINJA--
snedie
bitdaytrade
bitscalper
mu50stang
yacoin
jetset220
Leon
kingkatari
MartinReynolds
slammed
Juneteenth
Jermainé
brunoshady
Breen2543
Zem
SynOps
carebear
iamtheone
RyanWebber
gurg2.o
Bush
wong RAP
bayer
Icy-
pippipcheerio
HonorMe
kujoking7
epiks
mining4fun11
penetration
Bitcraft
laydum
mexxer
bombshelterzero
cardinalG
furrycoat
Gluskab
ThyDude
Clarithium
Xanax
SouthernComfort
borito4
Black_Star
RustyRyan
btcmank
Zombie
Globes
sylkyx
kidage
john_nalpa
Amanda
lxFlasHxl
Anonymouss
tmac667
loadrs2009
dareq
rothglobal
quartz92
Alwaysmining
Si Robertson
on9isrock
AaronBreillat
unkn0wn12
FocusMedia
illWill
TheLastDovah
DiamondPlus
Exo
caradenada
Intueri
AndrewJ
Pearikay
darvil
mini_lol
bitcoinhero
JCbit
MaxPumper
LionHeart
Bitzing
OMGBobMarley
ex0420
thebitbabe
Jimmysmith
tachi641
anonameous
CouragedOne
madload
.ME
HaRRo
siesatsu
TORwallet
turquoise9955
BTC4PPGBP
PPoweredP
Ryuguy
ChickaDee
Bitexchange
DrZaius
AreYouCereal
firstlady0524
mixmastermine
Meddol
bcjunkie
Julia Sanders
NoValues
etsanchez
Dakster
arobinson
dayasinfo
Alexsandr
boogiedown
MiddleMan
rodneycubed
BitCoinBoom
MikeT
MouseTrap
Randy
CNClove
Gabriellz9
boatedaces
satosamoto
foofight
Kz3ro
InterCoin
wjohnnyw
PayPal
vincentio
TigerGuy007
Lieutenant Dan
Powercoiner
moneypak
FastCoin
Diamond
CeltixBos
Raeldi
Aldun
btclaw
BTCMover
MoneypakBuyer
endercoin
happyworld3000
sellbitcoins
partyjumpyup
Tucker
Riddleman
zionist shill
moomerycreamery
ndawg4554
nckfor
daywalker
Linux
min0r
btcace
Oracle24
AshShep
thegogos
Darknesss
SellBitcoinsTo
crzr
CrowdCrackingGroup
diegospensi7
Lavada
hilarioprnce7
errtest
trusturtechnolust
Lang
bitcento
kellyhuta64
lolbillfrist
pooraich
jimmi12
iamstimpy
uAbbieBartonq
azerty6757
Miss_Magenta
emoryyrer96
Bitcoinmaker
pandapeluche
matthewdowns1128A1F5
conradinoz76
bitboy999
rockstarshorty21
cspalmer2
chevo
headhunter
KatiHahnA
sarajasie0C2C
bryankfurw05
brigitte2378sack
xerces
edwinaphan7
MSTRKRFT
williamsnider72
Sandragutierre24Y
jeraldftizt65
joan48ellis
cocopuffs1003
colliefan1
DigiZ
TheRonPaulKid
stevguthie7
fiveletterword
Exclusive
lfelicols12t
SusanaMenor23
ymfeeling
Robert William Bonzi
balmut051
carsonchassy5
UnKnOwNiSh
BTCPlay
terrence
IllBill
milardistone41
Lubaday
krypton85
susanakaul
iPhone.5
leahsandes
MellisaAnn
westcoastconnect
jjfarren
GammaRayCoin
millermint
BitcoinSolutions
ElectricBTC
Maddhatter
ScoobieDoo
SwimsuitPaul
cbuchnner1
Hellaphunt
John (John K) IMPERSONATOR
thecanadian420
cotoro
Zyzz
Randal112
fake_gwillen
Robert Fienstien
mikel123
Skyliner
RushBit
mgmtlol
HiddenTesoro
Z3R00
BitcoinSmarket
Maldun
SpeedGold
ExclusiveBTC
Plateen
BitcoinDoubleSpender
Elderal

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1065

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:21:30 PM

If I may have a small suggestion related to this issue:

On the user stats page display "total post count (including deleted posts)". This should be a very simple SQL query that doesn't create much overhead in the software. This could save a lot of people additional manual work, and that includes moderators and administrators.

You are mostly concerned with scammers, whereas my concern is mostly with flip-floppers, people who habitually post strawmen or impulsive and emotional posters.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
goozman96

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:29:01 PM

What's the point in doing this? Just seems like extra unnecessary work.

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
AaronBreillat

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:34:26 PM

Interesting move. That as unexpected.

I'm assuming there is no way for users to retain their scammer tag if they want to keep it? Sad

It will be interesting to see how this plays out nevertheless. I think we're going to see some of those accounts coming back from the grave.
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12968

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:37:07 PM

I'm assuming there is no way for users to retain their scammer tag if they want to keep it? Sad

No.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
AaronBreillat

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:42:33 PM

No.

A part of me feels like a piece of Bitcoin history has just been lost. I'm going to miss my tag Sad
goozman96

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:43:00 PM

And just why exactly would you want to keep it? Sentimental reasons?

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 04:44:55 PM

Maybe just being unique like the Donator and VIP ranks, except that you get it for stealing rather than donating.

AaronBreillat

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:46:03 PM

Maybe just being unique like the Donator and VIP ranks, except that you get it for stealing rather than donating.

This!
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 04:49:48 PM

So basically you're saying that scammer tags will be completely removed from the forum?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
AaronBreillat

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:52:37 PM

So basically you're saying that scammer tags will be completely removed from the forum?

No. The old type like mine <<< they haven't given these kind out in a long time.

We'll have to use the trust system to mark scammers from now on.
AaronBreillat

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 05:17:01 PM

If they are scammers why not ban? why even bother to let them roam around the boards and be able to post?

Well the main reason is in many cases people have been given scammer tags and later had them removed after refunding people.

Other reason is banning them is useless as they will just make another account. Most scammers do that anyway. But for people who continue using outed accounts at least their posts are confined to one account which people can put on ignore if they don't want to read.

And scammers can still add to the discussion. Many are knowledgeable in niche areas that most people wouldn't know about, such as (as random examples) weakneses in anti-fraud systems or hacking. So their input in discussions may be quite valuable.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3062

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2014, 06:13:02 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2014, 04:49:07 AM by Vod

This is unfortunate news.   Embarrassed

Edit:  I understand now why this is necessary and agree with the way Theymos is handling things.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
bitbitz

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:12:53 PM

Yet tradefortress and BFL operators are still allowed to post freely on the forum. What has this forum come to...
deadley
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 08:17:21 PM

Its really very risky, mostly scammer tags account are senior or hero account, if tag remove from them, they will easily goin to market and try to trade and will scam again. Coz of their senior member or Hero member account new member will trust them and will send them first and then they will run away.

BawsyBoss

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 11:33:05 PM

Yet tradefortress and BFL operators are still allowed to post freely on the forum. What has this forum come to...
Scammers are allowed to keep posting because there is more of a chance that more information will come out of them or that they decide to return whatever they scammed if they have the chance to speak up or chat with others.

Forever strong.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:32:41 AM

I don't quite understand why these need to be removed. I think having those and the trust system would work fine together, the trust system can be used like normal but, the scammer tags are issued when it has been confirmed that the person scammed. What we are effectively doing is removing a layer of protection.

Obviously, you justified giving them the tag in the first place so I don't know why you would want to remove it now. Any reasons? Or would you just prefer to use the trust system which isn't moderate unlike the scammer tags.  
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:40:09 AM

I don't quite understand why these need to be removed. I think having those and the trust system would work fine together, the trust system can be used like normal but, the scammer tags are issued when it has been confirmed that the person scammed. What we are effectively doing it removing a layout of protection.

Obviously, you justified giving them the tag in the first place so I don't know why you would want to remove it now. Any reasons or would you just prefer to use the trust system which isn't moderate unlike the scammer tags. 

The reason why is because it creates a perception problem (you seem to be affected).  Nobody gets a scammer tag anymore, ever, under any circumstances.   So not having a scammer tag doesn't mean someone isn't a scammer, it just means they scammed after the forum stopped giving those tags out.  Essentially they are obsolete yet by remaining they are confusing.

When someone sees scammer tags this may lead someone to believe (like yourself) that they are still being used and thus not having a scammer tag is a good sign when the reality is that someone not having a scammer tag alone means nothing.

Any reasons or would you just prefer to use the trust system which isn't moderate unlike the scammer tags.

This.  It isn't just prefer, they never moderate scammmer tags anymore.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:45:38 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2014, 02:13:10 AM by Welsh

The reason why is because it creates a perception problem (you seem to be affected).  Nobody gets a scammer tag anymore, ever, under any circumstances.   So not having a scammer tag doesn't mean someone isn't a scammer, it just means they scammed after the forum stopped giving those tags out.  Essentially they are obsolete yet by remaining they are confusing.

When someone sees scammer tags this may lead someone to believe (like yourself) that they are still being used and thus not having a scammer tag is a good sign when the reality is that someone not having a scammer tag alone means nothing.

Any reasons or would you just prefer to use the trust system which isn't moderate unlike the scammer tags.

This.  It isn't just prefer, they never moderate scammmer tags anymore.

I did think of the perception problem after I posted that and was going to edit it. I see that would be a problem. I guess I didn't consider that because I'm familiar with both of the systems. But, anyone who doesn't know both of the systems could think that not having a scammer tag means that they aren't a scammer.

Thanks for the explanation much appreciated.

Should be a automated negative feedback put onto the account, otherwise a previous scammer could get away with it, I know that's why we have been given 7 days to put the negative trust. But, unless I know about the scammer and the suspicious activities it's been up to I don't put any feedback.
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 01:53:59 AM

Finally, i don't have to see that scary dank anymore Roll Eyes the guy is a pirate ? scammer?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: