Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:00:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [NFDv2] - NFD Coin - Thread locked  (Read 209420 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 09:20:30 PM

I think this is a good choice. Somehow NFD is still being associated with the scam, unfortunately..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 11:50:30 PM

HZ looks worse than NFD.  was never really interested in that project.  development is what I want, not marketing.

What is HZ max supply?

I want to see how much I'm getting shafted by a 1:25 exchange for a project I don't even care about.

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
xibeijan
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 11:59:31 PM

I'm looking to buy some NFDs at the same 25 NFDs to 1 NHZ ratio.

I'm planning on setting up a NFD node to keep the network alive after the transition.  I don't own any NFD coins or assets so I'll need a few to keep the node forging.

If anyone's interested, let me know.

Thanks.

Yeah I think I might join you and keep NFD alive.  I'm not interested in HZ.

lcharles123
Legendary

Activity: 1697
Merit: 1074

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 12:56:22 AM

And could place a purchase order for NFDMMNXT?

You want me to buy it out? I was planning to issue an MMNXT Asset on the HZ Asset Exchange and then do a one-for-one swap. But if you want NFD, I can see to it.
I wait to swap 1:1 with NHZMMNxt, It depends on the price. Smiley

I'm looking to buy some NFDs at the same 25 NFDs to 1 NHZ ratio.

I'm planning on setting up a NFD node to keep the network alive after the transition.  I don't own any NFD coins or assets so I'll need a few to keep the node forging.

If anyone's interested, let me know.

Thanks.

Yeah I think I might join you and keep NFD alive.  I'm not interested in HZ.

It would be a good, a frozen development.
We could put all the coins and some nodes rewards, or distribuílas to stakes, it costs nothing i keep my node online. Smiley

You have limited power here. -"Bitcoin on Governments"
MaWo (OP)

Activity: 575
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 01:59:03 PM

HZ looks worse than NFD.  was never really interested in that project.  development is what I want, not marketing.

What is HZ max supply?

I want to see how much I'm getting shafted by a 1:25 exchange for a project I don't even care about.

HZ total coins are 1 billion.
xibeijan
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 10:49:25 PM

What is HZ max supply?

1 : 25 exchange is very bad then.  We will find some developers to take NFD forward.

lcharles123
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 12:41:46 AM

HZ looks worse than NFD.  was never really interested in that project.  development is what I want, not marketing.

What is HZ max supply?

1 : 25 exchange is very bad then.  We will find some developers to take NFD forward.

We can do the reverse exchange? of NHZ to NFD?

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 02:21:59 PM

What is HZ max supply?

Okay, that's fine. One you find them, please let us know.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

revealed

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 05:30:05 PM

Who has decided to join HZ and why HZ, who was always a bit fishy about their distribution from the start?
Is it the community or the devs?

I thought the devs are already been paid handsomely for their work and when it
come to the actual existence of the coin itself, dont you think the community should be involved in taking such an important decision?

Why would the big holders wait for months (which is like decades in crypto world) to get their coins?
By that time HZ could be worth nothing and the big holders are the ones who supported NFD throughout, without selling them and crashing the price.
Is this how you are returning the favour to them or do they have to go though the painful process of creating n number of new accounts with smaller balances?

lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 07:01:08 PM

What is HZ max supply?

1 : 25 exchange is very bad then.  We will find some developers to take NFD forward.

Thats quite a laugh :-)
You have to be glad, that mawo and Nxtblgs team was nice enough to keep this coin alive for a long time.
I assure you: NOONE will care about NFD any more, if they go.

I was in the team as well, but after a while I saw not much chance as there are so many nxt clones in parallel. For a coin you need 2 things:
community and development. The nfd-community was quite ok, but not really good.
The development team was sadly to small to really make a big thing.

Face it guys. A merge of 2 clones is the best, you can get. A merge of 2 small communitys to a bigger one. A bigger developmentteam for a bigger ability to really change something.

If you don't come along you will make this last hope also senseless.
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 09:17:12 PM

maintaining a coin is really hard work, and MaWo did an excellent job on that!

but what can not be expected from a very small team is to do proper work on developing and maintaining the coin AND pull a vibrant and active community out of their hats.

so with the bigger community of HZ and the very clean software management of NFD, this does have a chance of succeeding.

keeping NFD alive might be some fun for a short time, but it will be pointless. If anything, the NFD experience has shown how incredibly dreary and challenging work it is to maintain a NXT clone.

who remembers $hitty NAS and iven $hittier N2? those were sloppy copy+paste jobs that couldn't keep up with the pace of development of NXT because the devs were incompetent right from the beginning. ... aaaaand ... they were gone.  

By the way: when will there be specifics on how to do the excahnge? did I miss them on the HZ thread or home page?
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 09:28:07 PM

Who has decided to join HZ and why HZ, who was always a bit fishy about their distribution from the start?

The devs, certainly. The exchange allows anyone on the NFD community to join HZ, but it's not obligatory. If you want to stick with NFD you can hold on to what you've got.

come to the actual existence of the coin itself, dont you think the community should be involved in taking such an important decision?

I've been paid nothing. The only payments that have been made have been for bounty jobs. When it comes to the continuation of NFD itself, each NFDer can decide for him- or herself. As I said, the exchange isn't obligatory: if you want to keep NFD alive, you just need to hold on to your NFD.

Why would the big holders wait for months (which is like decades in crypto world) to get their coins?
By that time HZ could be worth nothing and the big holders are the ones who supported NFD throughout, without selling them and crashing the price.
Is this how you are returning the favour to them or do they have to go though the painful process of creating n number of new accounts with smaller balances?

HZ is older than NFD and is better established. The length of the exchange process is to protect HZ from being flattened by a huge dump. As for big holders who held on, I'm one of them. Any big holder just has to wait longer, that's all. If the line isn't long, you won't have to wait all that long.

Look at my HZ account and you'll see: https://explorer.horizonplatform.io/?page=account&id=10297859071185247025 I got a big exchange payment because I sent in a big amount from an NFD account that no-one knew was mine. If you're a big holder, you will get your HZ; you'll just have to wait a bit. How long depends on the line.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 09:30:34 PM

maintaining a coin is really hard work, and MaWo did an excellent job on that!

Thanks l8orre; you're right.

By the way: when will there be specifics on how to do the excahnge? did I miss them on the HZ thread or home page?

Here are your specifics:

Not sure why the 9th made it into all the announcements, the script is running already.
Here's how it works:

* get a HZ account
  * download the HZ client at
    https://horizonplatform.io/wallets
  * use the web wallet at https://account.horizonplatform.io
* use https://faucet.horizonplatform.io to fund that account
* send NFD to NFD-YMUS-QDPE-BG5C-9PH3M
  include your HZ account (and nothing else) in the message field
  the rate is 25:1, the transaction fee of 0.1% (at least 1) is substracted from the payout
* wait for a message regarding your deposit (sent every full hour)
* wait until it's your turn
  the funds for the swap will be released in parity with other bounties paid out to the HZ community
  smaller deposits will be processed first, if you want to get some HZ sooner, send a lower amount of NFD

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603932.msg10643792#msg10643792

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 10:34:35 PM

I've exchanged my coins. I don't think NFD will have a chance without the capable dev team..
EvilDave

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:12:13 AM

I've exchanged my coins. I don't think NFD will have a chance without the capable dev team..

Yup......I'm impressed by the work put in by MaWo, NxtBlg and others to rescue NFD in its darkest hour and actually get it up and running, and I trust them to make the right decisions for NFD.
So, even though I am not very happy about the current direction of Horizon, I think the option to merge NFD in to HZ is reasonable, so I'm going to redeem my NFD for HZ.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
MaWo (OP)

Activity: 575
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 12:54:47 PM

The NFD dev team decided to merge with HZ team. The NFD community hast do decide whether they also want to merge with HZ or stay with NFD.
HZ offers an exchange rate for all those also want to move to HZ.  In my opinion is that a very nice move of HZ!

The devs got 13.98 bitcoins from escrow for releasing NFD.  18KAi7XzLXrsCQCwJk3Fk6u9acdGuAW4it
Until now no NFD developer of the first 5 weeks got paid. We used the bitcoins to reinvested in NFD by buying NFD at bter and adding and increasing NFD bounties.
I personally spend every month 61,45 EUR for 4 vps and 1 dedicated server for public NFD nodes as network backbone for NFD.

I will distribute these BTC/NFDs/HZ to the developers of the first weeks.

Additional 5% of all NFD coins were reserved for bounties. These were 250 million NFD. I have to calculate how much of them are left. There were also some NFD hold back during distribution, because of sock puppets and other issues. After three month they got part of NFD dev bounty reserve.

If there appears a new NFD development team who is supported by the community then I will transfer the left dev bounty NFDs after the 5th of July to the new development team. We will not exchange the NFDs part of the 250 million dev bounty reserve (always assuming there are some left!).

I got exchanged my first 50 million NFD within 2 days. I send them to NFD-YMUS-QDPE-BG5C-9PH3M with my NHZ account number as attached message.
btc2nxt

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:12:00 PM

I personally spend every month 61,45 EUR for 4 vps and 1 dedicated server for public NFD nodes as network backbone for NFD.

Mawo, Thank you for having done great work for NFD, and helping test NFD-AT.
lcharles123
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:01:15 AM

Not sure why the 9th made it into all the announcements, the script is running already.
Here's how it works:

* get a HZ account
  * download the HZ client at
    https://horizonplatform.io/wallets
  * use the web wallet at https://account.horizonplatform.io
* use https://faucet.horizonplatform.io to fund that account
* send NFD to NFD-YMUS-QDPE-BG5C-9PH3M
  include your HZ account (and nothing else) in the message field
  the rate is 25:1, the transaction fee of 0.1% (at least 1) is substracted from the payout
* wait for a message regarding your deposit (sent every full hour)
* wait until it's your turn
  the funds for the swap will be released in parity with other bounties paid out to the HZ community
  smaller deposits will be processed first, if you want to get some HZ sooner, send a lower amount of NFD

wich the deadline to end of swap?

btc2nxt

Activity: 236

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:29:48 PM

In order to make sure that everyone gets the news, the exchange script will operate for 120 days after the March 9th start. So, the last day to send your NFD to the exchangebot will be July 5th of this year. After that, it will cut off the buyout line and distribute HZ to any sent NFD that’s left.
dance

Activity: 189

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 08:17:31 PM

In order to make sure that everyone gets the news, the exchange script will operate for 120 days after the March 9th start. So, the last day to send your NFD to the exchangebot will be July 5th of this year. After that, it will cut off the buyout line and distribute HZ to any sent NFD that’s left.
I have most of my NFD on BTER. Even before the hack there were problems with withdrawing and I failed to get them out then.
Can someone push on them to make it possible to retrieve NFD from there?
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 »
  Print  

Jump to: