Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:32:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [COINO] The Coin(O) Community Discussion thread  (Read 70355 times)
vipin.khatri20

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 12:00:55 PM

I am interested in this coin.

If you need any help on the marketing side then I can render assistance.

I am currently the active Developer of Extremecoin, BBQcoin and Bitcoin Scrypt, just to give you a bit of a bio.

Thanks.

Thanks for your offer to help but right now marketing will be of no use. Community Devs are working really hard to make this coin a success. There will be upgraded version of current webwallet with more games and a dedicated exchange for Coin(O). Once we have something new to offer, we will go ahead with marketing. With 50 secs confirmation speed, I think this coin will be a huge success but it will take some time. We together can make this a new big thing, not just a pump and dump like most coins.

Regards

Vipin
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dr00g

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:04:02 PM

Just a thought:  Has anyone considered the possibility of switching to the good old SHA-256 instead of one of the newer algos?  I mean, if you think about it, bitcoin asics are cheap and widely available now so many miners already own them or can easily get their hands on them (unlike scrypt asics).  GPUs are actually pretty expensive and use much more energy.  Wouldn't asics increase the security of the network and also raise the mining difficulty making the coin more rare and thus more valuable?

I mean look what asics did to bitcoin.  Didn't it actually make it a stronger coin?  Perhaps bitcoin is an exception since it is the father of all coins.  But the fact remains is that it seems to be a natural evolution to have more efficient ways to mine and at higher speeds i.e. asic miners.  We can't depend on inefficient GPUs forever can we?

Also, since no algo is truly asic resistant, will it be forever a game of cat and mouse as newer asics come out?  There's gotta be a stopping point somewhere.

There are probably a lot of points that I'm missing but just wanted to throw that thought out there as the community decides on the possibility of switching algo.  Not trying to suggest anything.  Just wanted to contemplate and stir up some discussion Smiley

Changing the algorithm to SHA256 for which you can already get cheap ASIC is fairly good.

However, I believe that scrypt has a much broader audience compared to SHA256 as it makes sense to use your GPU (or even CPU), which everyone has.
That is not the case for SHA256, where you are forced to buy some ASIC equipment to even get started.

I don't believe that all people who are new to mining will want to invest in dedicated mining equipment, for several reasons.
- Some people simply can't afford to buy mining equipment due to their budget
- In case they loose interest in mining, their equipment is worthless to them, and the only option is to sell it (likely for a loss)

I believe that the kind of people who will be the first to start mining, are those who are at least slightly techy.
Mining is definitely not for everyone just yet.
Therefore I'm guessing that cryptos main audience are gamers and geeks, and they are already equipped with mining equipment, which makes it higher likely they will gain interest in mining and actually start doing it, as all they have to do is download some software and create an account at a pool, if not using a p2pool which pays out directly into their (online? Wink ) wallet.

As earlier stated, mining is not for everyone, and I think that there are 3 primary groups of miners:
- Geeks
- Gamers
- Financial people/investors

I think that 2 groups are dominating of the 3 mining groups:
- Geeks

The largest group of ASIC owners will most definitely be the financial people/investors.

So far gamers doesn't have the big reason to be mining, but as Coino will be integrated into several groups of platforms - including gaming platforms, I believe that gamers will be more interested in mining Coino later on.

I agree that changing to anything else than scrypt and SHA256 (all of the current algoritms that is supported by ASIC) is simply buying time, but I think that will give a more fair start, rather than having investors mining all of the coins. Also, when the gamers learn of ASIC's, that will definitely scare them off and might go for other coins for which you cannot get ASICs.

One of Coino's goals is to attract new miners - not just getting current miners to switch to another coin.

The final end of changing to new algorithms to fight ASICs will be when ASIC is so mainstream that an algorithm switch vote would fail.
We do not have plans about staying completely ASIC free, as ASIC is definitely the future, as they are much more (power) efficient.

It could even stop before that, if we switch algorithm now, it could also happen to be the only time.

I am interested in this coin.

If you need any help on the marketing side then I can render assistance.

I am currently the active Developer of Extremecoin, BBQcoin and Bitcoin Scrypt, just to give you a bit of a bio.

Thanks.

Thanks for your offer to help but right now marketing will be of no use. Community Devs are working really hard to make this coin a success. There will be upgraded version of current webwallet with more games and a dedicated exchange for Coin(O). Once we have something new to offer, we will go ahead with marketing. With 50 secs confirmation speed, I think this coin will be a huge success but it will take some time. We together can make this a new big thing, not just a pump and dump like most coins.

Regards

Vipin

I think it's a cool offer, I appreciate that.

Right know I don't believe that we are in need of marketing though, as we could mostly promote "to come" features, rather than actually having our services up and running - which I believe is the point where we should really start to promote the coin.
CoinoFanMan

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 10:48:13 PM

Hey Folks looks like Coin(O) is also on the european exchange:

https://www.europex.eu/#!coin/btc/coino

In addition to:

https://www.swisscex.com/market/CON_BTC
vipin.khatri20

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 11:35:21 AM

It seems like smcardle is quite busy, not heard from him in many days Smiley.
RichardT

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:28:07 PM

Changing the algorithm to SHA256 for which you can already get cheap ASIC is fairly good.

However, I believe that scrypt has a much broader audience compared to SHA256 as it makes sense to use your GPU (or even CPU), which everyone has.
That is not the case for SHA256, where you are forced to buy some ASIC equipment to even get started.

I don't believe that all people who are new to mining will want to invest in dedicated mining equipment, for several reasons.
- Some people simply can't afford to buy mining equipment due to their budget
- In case they loose interest in mining, their equipment is worthless to them, and the only option is to sell it (likely for a loss)

I believe that the kind of people who will be the first to start mining, are those who are at least slightly techy.
Mining is definitely not for everyone just yet.
Therefore I'm guessing that cryptos main audience are gamers and geeks, and they are already equipped with mining equipment, which makes it higher likely they will gain interest in mining and actually start doing it, as all they have to do is download some software and create an account at a pool, if not using a p2pool which pays out directly into their (online? Wink ) wallet.

As earlier stated, mining is not for everyone, and I think that there are 3 primary groups of miners:
- Geeks
- Gamers

I think that 2 groups are dominating of the 3 mining groups:
- Geeks

The largest group of ASIC owners will most definitely be the financial people/investors.

So far gamers doesn't have the big reason to be mining, but as Coino will be integrated into several groups of platforms - including gaming platforms, I believe that gamers will be more interested in mining Coino later on.

I agree that changing to anything else than scrypt and SHA256 (all of the current algoritms that is supported by ASIC) is simply buying time, but I think that will give a more fair start, rather than having investors mining all of the coins. Also, when the gamers learn of ASIC's, that will definitely scare them off and might go for other coins for which you cannot get ASICs.

One of Coino's goals is to attract new miners - not just getting current miners to switch to another coin.

The final end of changing to new algorithms to fight ASICs will be when ASIC is so mainstream that an algorithm switch vote would fail.
We do not have plans about staying completely ASIC free, as ASIC is definitely the future, as they are much more (power) efficient.

It could even stop before that, if we switch algorithm now, it could also happen to be the only time.

You make a valid point there with the major groups of miners nowadays.  Looks like our best bet might be to attract more gamers to start mining and trading.  Coino is off to a good start with the web wallet and gaming platform.  I imagine if I was a gamer and had an incentive to mine, I would definitely put my GPU(s) to use when I'm not gaming.  Either that or go buy coins. Therefore, the biggest hurdle is giving those people an incentive.  So I see now that changing to an ASIC resistant algorithm might be essential at the moment.

I know changing to a new algo and implementing new things take time, but we should start a survey to at least gauge what the rest of the community are thinking.
dr00g

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 03:44:20 PM

It seems like smcardle is quite busy, not heard from him in many days Smiley.

smcardle is indeed busy - everyone in the team has fulltime jobs, and no, it's (sad as it is), not a fulltime Coino job Wink
So while we are trying to keep the forum active, we cannot guarantee daily news, so don't be scared off due to a little inactivity Smiley

You make a valid point there with the major groups of miners nowadays.  Looks like our best bet might be to attract more gamers to start mining and trading.  Coino is off to a good start with the web wallet and gaming platform.  I imagine if I was a gamer and had an incentive to mine, I would definitely put my GPU(s) to use when I'm not gaming.  Either that or go buy coins. Therefore, the biggest hurdle is giving those people an incentive.  So I see now that changing to an ASIC resistant algorithm might be essential at the moment.

That is exactly what I am thinking - give gamers a reason to mine with their gaming rig, when they are not playing. That will give us a lot of more players (pun intended Cheesy ) and we can hopefully get some more trading going on.
My vision if that the gamers will either be able to directly use their coins, or by using a market to exchange their coins - not limited to only exchanging between crypto coins.  I'm thinking like, exchange Coino into let's say pre-purchase Steam cards, so they can "mine new games", wouldn't that be cool? I know this is already possible for some other coins, and most definitely something we will want too.

I know changing to a new algo and implementing new things take time, but we should start a survey to at least gauge what the rest of the community are thinking.

At an early point of the takeover we voted for a change of algorithm, and most voted no.

I would like to hear smcardle and bgades views on making a vote, after we have reviewed some cons and pros. People shouldn't be voting for something they don't know what means, so we have to keep people informed about such.
cyberfixy

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:21:13 PM

I'm still mining this coin on dedicatedpool.  Grin Grin
dr00g

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:39:06 PM

To all the pool owners:

Thanks for showing us your support, it's cool to see so many pools advertising!

Hamsterer:

A small request - can you change CON into COINO? We are trying to change the shortname on pools/exhanges Smiley
dr00g

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 06:53:40 PM

Cool, thanks!
smcardle (OP)

Activity: 154

Coin(O) Community Member

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 09:57:18 PM

Hi People.

I must apologise for being away for so long.

I went on a little get away and had a rather nasty accident which incapacitated me for a couple of weeks.

However, I have now been given the all clear and will be getting back to things slowly over the next week.

I have a lot to catch up on with Coin(O) and will be addressing these in the best timely fashion I can.
What I would most like to get across is that development around Coin(O) will be continuing

Good to be back so hopefully see you around here and in IRC Smiley

Join Coin(O) now - The BEST Crypt(O)currency on the planet
COINO : Uh4ZvfVrCFPkDcoBMNNkyYS4hYwsmGEidk - Coin(O) - Everything BitCoin wanted to be!!
RichardT

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 11:19:44 PM

Hi People.

I went on a little get away and had a rather nasty accident which incapacitated me for a couple of weeks.

However, I have now been given the all clear and will be getting back to things slowly over the next week.

I have a lot to catch up on with Coin(O) and will be addressing these in the best timely fashion I can.
What I would most like to get across is that development around Coin(O) will be continuing

Oh man, sorry to hear that.  Glad you are okay now
vipin.khatri20

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:29:15 AM

Hi People.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you are fine. Good to have you back again.
XZed

Activity: 309

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 09:20:28 AM

Hi People.

Recover and come back when you can Smiley.
vipin.khatri20

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:50:40 PM

Coin(O) is dying slowly.
RichardT

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 03:15:57 PM

Coino only dies when the devs give up on it and no one supports it.  I think we're far from that.  There are a lot of things at work in the background.  It'll just take time.
vipin.khatri20

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 03:27:06 PM

Coino only dies when the devs give up on it and no one supports it.  I think we're far from that.  There are a lot of things at work in the background.  It'll just take time.

I hope for that as I have invested a lot in this coin. Now its been almost 6 months since it was launched and more than two months since Community Devs took over, thread is also very quite. Before there were continuous updates but now this has also stopped. I hope the devs are working in the background otherwise it will be a huge blow for me.
RichardT

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 03:47:29 PM

I hope for that as I have invested a lot in this coin. Now its been almost 6 months since it was launched and more than two months since Community Devs took over, thread is also very quite. Before there were continuous updates but now this has also stopped. I hope the devs are working in the background otherwise it will be a huge blow for me.

Continuously updating and posting stuff on this thread without actual results is not good in my opinion.  Updates will come as new features are added after they are developed and tested.  The thing I like most about this coin is that the new community devs are very professional about it.  They don't seem like the type to post random crap and give the community false hope.

Speaking of false hope, I also don't mean to give you false hope with my posts.  I'm not a part of the dev team and these are just my speculations.  I'm sorry to hear about your investment, but of course, no one is forcing you to stick with Coino.  The choice is yours if you want to leave or stick with it.  As we all know, investments are unpredictable at times.
dr00g

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:37:14 PM

Hey guys,

What RichardT is saying is generally the same opinion as the Coin(O) team:
- We do not try to make exact schedules, as we do this in our freetime, and cannot guarantee anything
- It's impossible to post daily news. Or at least they would be super boring, such as "still working on the same thing as yesterday"

We do not want to give any false hope and/or expectations, and this is definitely a long term project.

So is Coin(O) about to die? No, it's about to get alive - but we depend on you, the miners, to keep us going strong!

By the way, I am interesting in hearing a little about you guys:
- Do you use dedicated rigs?
- Which OS does your rig run?
- Which GPU do you use?
- Which miner do you use?
vipin.khatri20

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:30:07 PM

Hey guys,

What RichardT is saying is generally the same opinion as the Coin(O) team:
- We do not try to make exact schedules, as we do this in our freetime, and cannot guarantee anything
- It's impossible to post daily news. Or at least they would be super boring, such as "still working on the same thing as yesterday"

We do not want to give any false hope and/or expectations, and this is definitely a long term project.

So is Coin(O) about to die? No, it's about to get alive - but we depend on you, the miners, to keep us going strong!

By the way, I am interesting in hearing a little about you guys:
- Do you use dedicated rigs?
- Which OS does your rig run?
- Which GPU do you use?
- Which miner do you use?

Glad to hear from you. Well I am also in this coin for a long term, but yes it keeps investors like me satisfied that something is going on and also the new investors who read the thread. I don't want devs to post everyday as I can understand that you also have real jobs. Best of luck for the work you guys are doing, it will be good if you can update the community as well.

Regards Vipin
XZed

Activity: 309

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:48:57 AM

Hello you good people,

If you are looking for a way to have Coino presented on an exchange with great ideas for the future, let me know by contacting me on my e-mail ronny@ccedk.com.

We have launched http://www.ccedk.com this month, and will be adding many new aspect in coming months, reaching a multilingual platform of 7 languages, within 6 months a total of 10. Constant increase of PSP's in order to cover demand worldwide, and in additional to this adding currency accounts in order to support debit transfers whereever you are in the world.

We could see a potential in adding coino to our exchange, only we ask something for something, so a certain amount of coinos to be used as giveaways etc. or even a certain kind of investment in regards to promoting the coin on our site, adding it to other areas as well all explained thoroughly on reply e-mail.

Will be looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards

Ronny Boesing
CEO

CCEDK / Crypto Coins Exchange Denmark ApS

below is a few of the articles written about our launch, and more are available on: http://news.ccedk.com/en/2014/06/09/ccedk-in-the-news/

Independent articles on CCEDK

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-05-22/bitcoin-exchange-guarantees-clients-crime-free-trade-in-denmark.html
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2014-05-22/bitcoin-exchange-guarantees-clients-crime-free-trade-in-denmark
http://cryptocrimson.com/2014/05/first-crime-free-bitcoin-exchange-coming-denmark/
http://bitcoinexaminer.org/danish-bitcoin-exchange-crime-free-trade-higher-security-levels-world/
http://cointelegraph.com/news/111568/ccedk_launches_makes_1000_btc_available_for_trading
http://cointelegraph.com/news/111542/new_exchange_highlights_security_danish_values
http://www.prlog.org/12323040-denmark-friendly-place-to-trade-crypto-currencies-with-security-and-safety-and-reserve-fund.html
http://moneyandtech.com/may23-news-update/
http://newsbtc.com/2014/05/26/ccedk-exchange-opens-doors-1000-bitcoin-pool/
http://blogs.blouinnews.com/blouinbeattechnology/2014/05/23/denmark-hosts-safer-bitcoin-exchange/

6 months ago, at Coino launch, we (many others and I) told to devs that Coino rise only could be done with serious FIAT exchange integration...

What happened next, is unfortunately known by anyone reading my post...

Since the beginning, this offer seems the wished and best opportunity !!!

I never reacted to any dev decision accepting the taken directions but, this time, the opportunity seems too good to let it unconsidered...

Danish values with EV SSL : what else Smiley ?

Thanks Ronny for giving such opportunity Smiley.

Sincerely,
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: