Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:23:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [COINO] The Coin(O) Community Discussion thread  (Read 70361 times)
RichardT

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:58:27 AM

Someone should try to get all old versions purged because for every one person who posts here for help, 10 people are silently just giving up and moving on to the next altcoin. Thanks again!
Come December, I hope to be able to do something about this situation Wink

lol December?  I hope that's a typo
gwopr

Activity: 296
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:16:27 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2014, 07:55:03 AM by gwopr

I'm having the same problem as others; after about an hour it synched to current, then dropped down 354,000 blocks remaining. Now it has 0 active connections and is just sitting there. I went through this thread and added all of the nodes people mentioned; if anyone has the addresses of some more working nodes, it'd be much appreciated.

I don't know how to help you in detail - never happened to me, I'm using the wallet v0.6.4.0-g3aaa7ba-release - but globally speaking I'd suggest as follows:

- verify that the wallet version is the above - menu Help - about coino. In case download the wallet using the link at the top of this post
- go to the Roaming directory C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Coino and delete the files blk*.dat so to force the wallet reset all blocks info.
- verify the nodes in the coino.conf file - if you need it. The correct file content is at the top of this post.
- restart the wallet and good luck!

Hope this help. Regards,
gwopr

That seems to have fixed it, thanks. I was running the last version somehow, 0.6.3. I forget where I even got it; it was either the coino site or in the last thread here. Someone should try to get all old versions purged because for every one person who posts here for help, 10 people are silently just giving up and moving on to the next altcoin. Thanks again!

You're welcome! And you're right: everytime I help you, undirectly I'm sponsoring the coin so helping the community too. So, it's a win-win situation ;-))
RichardT

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:41:42 PM

Any updates with the website, new mining pool/exchange, or anything else?  Or at the very least, contacts to the other devs (smcardle and bgade)?

Nice to see price of Coino increasing a bit from a few weeks ago, but that may not last long without any change from a development standpoint.
gwopr

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:05:04 AM

Any updates with the website, new mining pool/exchange, or anything else?  Or at the very least, contacts to the other devs (smcardle and bgade)?

Nice to see price of Coino increasing a bit from a few weeks ago, but that may not last long without any change from a development standpoint.

yes, it seems that devs are already on vacation... ;-)
SoreGums

Activity: 129

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:22:36 AM

I've been watching the Hashrate & Difficulty today and I'm pretty sure someone is taking advantage of the lag time in the Gravity Well implementation.

Heavycoin realised this and put in a fix for it.

The gist is, difficulty retargets, however it ramps up and down slowly so as not to do anything too drastic.
The disadvantage of this is that someone can come along and obliterate the hashrate going from 7MH/s to 40MH/s (happened in the last 30mins) and solve a whole heap of blocks very easily as the difficulty takes quite a few blocks to match the new highly increased hashrate.

Upon first inspection I don't grasp how to rearrange this code, C is not a language I have any experience with...

Will check it out some more when I have time, though don't expect anything from me in the short term.
A hardfork would be required to ensure any change to difficulty calculating was implemented completely.
If this happens plenty of time will be required to make the change, about 7-10 days notice should be enough, not many people following this coin and should be enough time to update the handful of sites following Coin(O).

About 8hrs ago diff was at 0.12 @50MH/s, then 30mins ago it was 0.07, now it is starting to go up, however it is going to take a little while (retarget ~1hr) to get back up towards about 0.11 @40MH/s

CLARITY:
  • Coin(O) wallet is staying the same.
  • I'm looking at the code, specifically difficulty calculating with the goal to follow Heavycoin's ideas.
  • This is a blip, the sky is staying where it is, up in the sky. One of those Continual Improvement things, a tweak.
  • Wonder which pool is following the Coinwarz list and has Coin(O) configured as a coin to mine - hence the major increase and decrease in Hashrate (assumption)
  • I don't know C, however I'm pretty comfortable with compiling now, so going to take a while to figure this code out... First step is getting testnet working again...
jp78

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:32:20 PM

Could you add poolwarz to the list. That's what I am mining it now with and also the forums link is broken
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 03:45:48 PM

Come get your COINO!

http://www.hasher.ca

PROP reward system
Works Stats
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage
ProfitPorts (beta testing now)

To mine:

Username: your COINO wallet address OR your generated Global Key
Password: anything
URL (vardiff): stratum+tcp://stratum.hasher.ca:3594

COINO go straight to your wallet once the block is confirmed. We don't hold your COINO!

Cheers and Happy Hashing!

Please add to the OP

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
loszhor

Activity: 369

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:11:50 PM

Good day, is there any other place aside from Swisscex that trades CON?

16wQCVFXYuSp4AYsBqV9Uqa2dd1V4YXvJ5
jp78

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:13:23 AM

Can anyone give me the transaction file to download? The synchronize is taking forever!
gwopr

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 07:54:29 AM

Can anyone give me the transaction file to download? The synchronize is taking forever!

As already said...
I don't know how to help you in detail - never happened to me, I'm using the wallet v0.6.4.0-g3aaa7ba-release - but globally speaking I'd suggest as follows:

- verify that the wallet version is the above - menu Help - about coino. In case download the wallet using the link at the top of this post
- go to the Roaming directory C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Coino and delete the files blk*.dat so to force the wallet reset all blocks info.
- verify the nodes in the coino.conf file - if you need it. The correct file content is at the top of this post.
- restart the wallet and good luck!

Hope this help. Regards,
gwopr
jp78

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:12:48 PM

Um is coino dead? Coino.org is up but coino seems dead.
SoreGums

Activity: 129

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:42:44 PM

Alive Smiley

Use wallet from OP.
http://coinocoin.com
RichardT

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:52:45 AM

Alive Smiley

Use wallet from OP.
http://coinocoin.com

I don't know about alive anymore. I used to have hope, but the reality is, the very first dev who created this coin gave up on it. And now I think it's safe to say that the new devs who tried to revive this coin (mainly smcardle and bgade) has also given up on it. There's probably a very good reason why that is.  Really hate to be this negative, as I have been a supporter for a long time, but you have to be realistic at some point.
shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 09:43:57 AM

People still do not understand the advantage of fast coins.. Many in the public does not know about crypto currency. Now the market is in chaos and puppeteers speculators conduct their dirty games. The technical characteristics of coino has an advantage over many, artificially inflated coins. But at the initial stage, it is necessary to create a normal website. this is the first step to revival coino.

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
gwopr

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 12:53:35 PM

People still do not understand the advantage of fast coins.. Many in the public does not know about crypto currency. Now the market is in chaos and puppeteers speculators conduct their dirty games. The technical characteristics of coino has an advantage over many, artificially inflated coins. But at the initial stage, it is necessary to create a normal website. this is the first step to revival coino.

I absolutely agree ;-)))
RichardT

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:55:13 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2014, 07:18:17 PM by RichardT

I do agree that fast transactions are important, but that's really the only thing coino has going for it right now.  Not to mention there are plenty of other coins out there that are pretty much just as fast.  My point is that at the heart of a successful coin should be a strong and dedicated dev team. Coino completely lacks this.  Everyone has given up.

I also agree with the website comment.  But the fact is, it's been a good 3 months since the relaunch of coino and still no website.  What I'm trying to say is, we are way pass the initial stage at this point and there's hardly any progress.
DOGEbubble

Activity: 881
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 11:47:06 PM

I've been watching the Hashrate & Difficulty today and I'm pretty sure someone is taking advantage of the lag time in the Gravity Well implementation.

Heavycoin realised this and put in a fix for it.

The gist is, difficulty retargets, however it ramps up and down slowly so as not to do anything too drastic.
The disadvantage of this is that someone can come along and obliterate the hashrate going from 7MH/s to 40MH/s (happened in the last 30mins) and solve a whole heap of blocks very easily as the difficulty takes quite a few blocks to match the new highly increased hashrate.

Upon first inspection I don't grasp how to rearrange this code, C is not a language I have any experience with...

Will check it out some more when I have time, though don't expect anything from me in the short term.
A hardfork would be required to ensure any change to difficulty calculating was implemented completely.
If this happens plenty of time will be required to make the change, about 7-10 days notice should be enough, not many people following this coin and should be enough time to update the handful of sites following Coin(O).

About 8hrs ago diff was at 0.12 @50MH/s, then 30mins ago it was 0.07, now it is starting to go up, however it is going to take a little while (retarget ~1hr) to get back up towards about 0.11 @40MH/s

CLARITY:
  • Coin(O) wallet is staying the same.
  • I'm looking at the code, specifically difficulty calculating with the goal to follow Heavycoin's ideas.
  • This is a blip, the sky is staying where it is, up in the sky. One of those Continual Improvement things, a tweak.
  • Wonder which pool is following the Coinwarz list and has Coin(O) configured as a coin to mine - hence the major increase and decrease in Hashrate (assumption)
  • I don't know C, however I'm pretty comfortable with compiling now, so going to take a while to figure this code out... First step is getting testnet working again...

Hi, this situation just happened to the UFOcoin a few days ago with a hard fork taking about 2 days to solve and the Dutchpool site closed the mining for UFOcoin subsequently (; unclear if the closing was related to the event.)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658117.msg7969580#msg7969580

Regards,

youngwebs
Legendary

Activity: 1080
Merit: 1055

DEV of DeepOnion community pool

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 02:53:15 PM

Guys, Im sorry to announce that i will close down the nation-wars pool for coino.
Coino is a resource intensive wallet, and there is only like 3 MHs hashpower in this pool.

IF there is high demand for a pool in the future i might re-open pool again!

Please withdrawl all your coins from http://coino.nation-wars.com asap!

stratum will close thursday 31st, wallet will closed saturday august 2nd.

Spekske

Activity: 673
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 05:37:48 AM

http://dutchpool.org now also offers CON, running NOMP pool at only 1% fee, all pools using vardfiff, no signup needed.

bgade

Activity: 151

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 02:48:33 AM

Coino has some challenges.  A lot of alt-coins do.

For those who haven't kept up on the happenings as of late, I wanted to offer a digest version of whats been going on.

The original Coino and website was abandoned some time ago by the developer.  Over time, a lot of what was claimed was proven to be false.  However, Coino stuck around because it was one of the more original alt-coins and had fair support.  Most other alt-coins who had the same problems just disappeared.

It kept on chugging along until April.  Then a technical problem caused the block chain to freeze.  Steve and I stepped in to get it going again.  That was the point that has been considered the "relaunch". 

Over the next few weeks, about 10-12 people stepped forward to help with Coino.  They offered help in different areas from web design to coding, etc.  Often, busy people try to over extend themselves to help out.  It takes a while to see who will stick around and who won't.  Some people have very important other commitments - like family.  This isn't about who could and couldn't stay - but the reality is not everyone of the 10-12 could stick around long term.

Steve did a lot of work on the webwallet and games.  He also made sure there were updated wallets/clients available for most platforms.

Steve has not been well medically and had to take some time off.  I have not been faced with those same problems but I haven't been horribly active in a public way either. 

I am not a great web designer and likely never will be.  When the group of ten couldn't get the website done I left it be. 

What we do have now is something far different than prior to April...

I along with Steve have full access to the website, code, github, etc.  We are able to commit changes are hand out access to other people who want to help. 

More importantly, we all have a better understanding of what makes this coin and others work, or fail.  There is no one magic thing that makes one coin better - hard work and a group is all it takes.  I've done work with other coins since I became involved here with Coino.  Some have done well, others have disappeared.  No single technical aspect really makes that happen - its more about the people.

I saw someone asking for contact info a bit ago, so here is some.  I don't know Steve's current status so I won't share his.  The fact he hasn't logged into bitcointalk for over a month likely doesn't bode well for how his recovery is going. 

I can be reached via regular email at bill@83north.com - or here on bitcointalk.  If you send a private message, I should see it fairly quickly.  If you need to get in touch in more old fashioned ways, I can be reached by phone during the day.  Just ask for the number.

I'd love to see more people wanting to help out with Coino.  It wasn't meant to be just Steve and I running the show - the idea was for a community coin. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: