Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:15:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KRYP] Kryptonite-X11 PoW DGW Landed 24th May 2014 @ 3.30pm BST  (Read 78085 times)
bigtop1967 (OP)

Activity: 384
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 11:16:51 AM

Good to see someone working on keeping their client multi-platform. Sync has a linux icon and the link goes to www.linux.com and their source won't build, and lousy documentation to boot. Rightcoin won't make either. I'm starting to understand what the exchanges and pool admins mean when they talk about looking for coins with "good devs" because it seems like some of these coins getting launched are just repackaged (read: broken) hackjobs.

No matter what else happens, producing quality work follows you around (and so does crap!) so good luck Smiley As soon as I can get a wallet and the configs, I'll start testing my pool with it (*edit: Ubuntu Server 12.04, MPOS).

You're quite right.  We really felt it was the wrong thing to launch when we knew the software was not up to the quality we want - and you know what, if I think it's not ready before Saturday I will delay it again rather than produce crap that will follow us around.  It's easy to clone a coin, but when you really get down to it, it's really complex.  We want to be able to launch, and make it as easy as possible for everyone to be able to run binaries or compile source that we provide.

Update:

So we know what's wrong, and it definitely only affects windows clients.  They end up having their connections refused for 'misbehaving'.  We're working on a solution and will keep you updated.

This problem most likely crept in because of lack of sleep.  It really does pay to make sure you get enough rest - this could have been avoided!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nino_decoy

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2014, 05:36:07 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2014, 06:57:43 PM by nino_decoy

Good to see someone working on keeping their client multi-platform. Sync has a linux icon and the link goes to www.linux.com and their source won't build, and lousy documentation to boot. Rightcoin won't make either. I'm starting to understand what the exchanges and pool admins mean when they talk about looking for coins with "good devs" because it seems like some of these coins getting launched are just repackaged (read: broken) hackjobs.

No matter what else happens, producing quality work follows you around (and so does crap!) so good luck Smiley As soon as I can get a wallet and the configs, I'll start testing my pool with it (*edit: Ubuntu Server 12.04, MPOS).

You're quite right.  We really felt it was the wrong thing to launch when we knew the software was not up to the quality we want - and you know what, if I think it's not ready before Saturday I will delay it again rather than produce crap that will follow us around.  It's easy to clone a coin, but when you really get down to it, it's really complex.  We want to be able to launch, and make it as easy as possible for everyone to be able to run binaries or compile source that we provide.

Update:

So we know what's wrong, and it definitely only affects windows clients.  They end up having their connections refused for 'misbehaving'.  We're working on a solution and will keep you updated.

This problem most likely crept in because of lack of sleep.  It really does pay to make sure you get enough rest - this could have been avoided!

I know exactly what you mean. Going braindead from marathon coding, huh? Cheesy
Looking forward to the launch! I've got NOMP set up and ready to go once you release the daemon (switched from MPOS to NOMP to support wallet-based workers per request in OP). Thus far working fine with Darkcoin. Keep me posted and good luck squashing bugs Wink
Will submit a request for the #1 spot shortly Wink Still testing.
nino_decoy

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 02:36:19 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2014, 04:07:04 AM by nino_decoy

is online. Please help me test.
Darkcoin seems like the closest match so thats what it's mining right now.
  • NO SIGNUP
Workers connect using wallet address
  • Payout as soon as a block is found
Auto-payout every 2 minutes. Must meet minimum earning threshold. Currently set to 0.0001 coins. No TX fee.

Full disclosure to miners:
1% of rewards are auto-donated to support NOMP and MPOS development.
0.1% to pool owner during testing, 1% effective Sunday, March 25th Saturday, March 24th (heh. Oops.).[/list]

I can haz #1 spot? Cheesy I need 1000 Kryptonite for sekrit plot to kill Superman.
bigtop1967 (OP)

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:01:34 AM

Good news!  Smiley

Windows client is now working and in testing.  We hope to test with mines tomorrow and Friday.

We rolled back our last few changes, and also discovered that we were building with db5.1 on Linux and db4.8 on Windows.

Once we are happy that this problem has been fixed PROPERLY, we will confirm the launch for Saturday.  Thank you for your patience!

We'll be in touch with pool owners in due course.
mpalenciac

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 04:17:57 AM

Alright lads, good news then.

We'll be here at launch:

www.thecryptopool.com
waldistons

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:56:56 AM

I'm still waiting for this coin Smiley

There is Sync wallet for Linux, I compiled it myself and it's in ann. Got 0 tips for that :/ And there wasn't any big problems compiling it, but there were minor ones.
Sorry for offtopic.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
bigtop1967 (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:10:44 AM

Update:

It's Thursday night, and testing is going well.  It's taken a little longer than we'd hoped, but we hope to get code to one or two pools tomorrow morning for testing.

So things are looking good for Saturday, thought we might push launch back a few hours to get proper testing finished.

Thanks for your patience.

Time to sleep! Cool
nino_decoy

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:20:15 AM

There is Sync wallet for Linux, I compiled it myself and it's in ann. Got 0 tips for that :/ And there wasn't any big problems compiling it, but there were minor ones.
Sorry for offtopic.
TBH, I can't even remember what errors I had and without that I really don't have a leg to argue on. So I'm just going to STFU and say Damnit, I wish I'd seen the announcement! TY, on behalf of the community, for putting in the work and contributing. <3 Need more like you. Btw, PHCoin doesn't have a linux client, says Mike, so I'll be working on that if he releases the source. *paints a big red target on you* And I know who to ask for help when I'm a half-awake fool.

Update:

It's Thursday night, and testing is going well.  It's taken a little longer than we'd hoped, but we hope to get code to one or two pools tomorrow morning for testing.

So things are looking good for Saturday, thought we might push launch back a few hours to get proper testing finished.

Thanks for your patience.

Time to sleep! Cool

That's great news! I can't wait for Kryp to get up and running. You've put in a lot of work, time to watch it take off.

Shameless plug:
http://brookspool.bounceme.net is a new multi-pool and we'll be supporting Kryp at launch (assuming a linux client or available source code).
  • No registration. Miners connect with wallet address.
  • Auto payout only, at low minimums (network TX fee * 100)
  • No withdrawal fees. Period!
And vardiff, of course.

Half or more of 1% pool fee is auto-donated to NOMP and MPOS devs. Feel free to verify this with TheSerapher and Zone117x after we've actually mined some coins. They deserve it for the tools they've given us at no cost.

Exclusive autopay, fee-free, is your protection against pool fraud. If you don't trust me, check the hash charts, the block charts, and your wallet. I'm trying to bring something to the community besides just another pool. Maybe we can start a trend. All you miners out there piling up millicoins and never getting paid when the TX fee is a microcoin, this is the pool for you. And, uhm, everyone else.

Bigtop, btw, I don't see mention of a built-in network transaction fee. Is there one? If there isn't, I can safely set payout at .0001 (virtually guaranteeing payout on found block).[/list]
animalu

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:09:06 AM

Quick question:

Is it 12:00 AM or 12:00 PM ?

Thank you!
mikupool

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:19:30 AM

http://kryp.mikupool.com/
https://i.imgur.com/n1ImQjU.png
unlock.mk

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:32:40 AM

Nice coin you have there.
I'be in at launch.
bigtop1967 (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:02:48 PM

Update:

Testing is going very well!  Code has been sent to some pools for testing and will be run all night.

The launch is being pushed back to 3.30pm BST.  We're doing this to make sure we have enough time to get as many pools set up for launch as possible.

We both work full time, so this has been hard work to get done in days off and evenings,  but we're nearly there!  Thank you again for your patience and support!

Cool
tiddy

Activity: 272

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:19:23 PM

i am wating fot the coin lunch,and mine
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:22:04 PM

Where is BST?  GMT +/- what?

whatdidshedo

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:23:06 PM

one of the ones where you make reward so small in the beginning to raise the value and dump the premine. good luck!!

bigtop1967 (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:26:48 PM

Any pools that want to be part of tomorrows launch - please email crakej@kryptonitecoin.info for a link to the source code.

Bounties are still available!

Please note the revised start time of 3.30pm BST
bigtop1967 (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 03:29:50 PM

Where is BST?  GMT +/- what?

GMT+1
mpalenciac

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:23:07 AM

Dedicated Kryptonite!

http://www.thecryptopool.com

NoMP based pool, much faster and secure than the regular MPOS Pools
No registration, just mine directly to your wallet. - Bounty!
Latest Stratum based on node.js
1% fees!!!
Confirmed blocks are paid out automatically, no delay!.
Dedicated 16gb server with 6 core processor 24/7
Worker stats

cgminer -o stratum+tcp://190.143.38.247:3350 -u yourwallet -p anything

Kryptonite Will be listed on our website when the source is available, we'll be ready for launch!
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:38:15 AM

Who in the world would want to mine this coin when the reward is 1,1 ,1,1,1,1,1 and you already have 500k premined?!?!  LOL

UGETHIT

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:53:50 AM

Look man the dev already said this coin isn't for everyone.  It's only for him.  And retards who trust him.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: