Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:37:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Honey Caramels  (Read 50771 times)
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 11:19:01 PM

We will have those shipped out tomorrow.

Sent you an email asking what kind of flavors you would like.

They arrived today, and my kids cried when they were all gone, so they must have liked them...

They kind of remind me of those bit o honey candies, except that a pound of bit o honey lasts longer then an hour..

Yeah, that was similar to my experiences.  There is notablely more honey in these than Bit-o-Honey candies, though.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smyl

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 07:08:19 AM

We will have those shipped out tomorrow.

Sent you an email asking what kind of flavors you would like.

They arrived today, and my kids cried when they were all gone, so they must have liked them...

They kind of remind me of those bit o honey candies, except that a pound of bit o honey lasts longer then an hour..

Yeah, that was similar to my experiences.  There is notablely more honey in these than Bit-o-Honey candies, though.

And larger almond chunks...

I'm craving more now...

also, a cinnamon (ceylon) flavor could be awesome... I already take cinnamon and honey when I remember...

Also... trying to make another order...
the non-bitcoin store has less awesome options for combo's and shipping...
Bees Brothers (OP)

Activity: 457
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 02:53:54 PM

There is notablely more honey in these than Bit-o-Honey candies, though.

I sure wish we had the name Bit-O-Honey.  Not only do we use a significant amount of honey, but we use BITcoins as well  Grin

Bit-O-Honey's first ingredient is corn syrup.  Honey is listed towards the end of the list after Modified Food Starch, meaning there is just a big enough drip of honey in the large vat to justify a name with honey in it.

Honey is the first ingredient in our caramels and there is no corn syrup.  We do add a little bit of brown sugar to make the caramels firm.  If we make caramels at our house, then each of our open windows has about 100 bees hovering around the window screens trying to get in because they can smell the honey.

Also... trying to make another order...
the non-bitcoin store has less awesome options for combo's and shipping...

We wanted to give bitcoiners a special that fiat doesn't get.  But we can give you the same deal... since you are a bitcoiner and a repeat customer.  I sent you a PM.

Moonshadow,
I am going to start cleaning up wax this Saturday and get your wax gadget made.

On another note, we just had our new commercial kitchen inspected yesterday and the inspector said "This looks great" and we passed with flying colors.  If I can find an open night this week or next, I still need to sheet rock the pantry and then we can move in.

I just bought a huge box of blackberries, and tonight we will experiment in making a blackberry honey caramel.

Don't tread on bees! http://beesbros.com
BIGMERVE

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 02:19:20 AM

Worlds best combo. Thanks again Bees Bros, I'll be back for more soon.

Bees Brothers (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 04:30:03 AM

While BitPay is down, due to some DDOS attacks, you can always send a PM and we will send you a quote and and address.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110028.msg1196636#msg1196636

The blackberry caramels turned out great.  They are the kid's new favorite.

Thursday will be our first time harvesting comb honey.  We only have about 5 frames worth.

Thralen

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 02:22:41 AM

Just got my second order from bees bros and both have been exceptionally good. This second one was also exceptionally quick (I ordered on Friday and received three days later on Monday). Kudos for product quality and for timely shipping. I highly recommend the honey almonds and the granola (I got the assortment box this last time). Any chance that the granola will show up on your site for sale on its own? The caramels are, as many have noted here, absolutely delicious and my wife has asked me to hide them and dole them out one or two at a time so they don't just disappear immediately.

I was wondering just how many of your 12 oz glass jars of honey will fit into what size shipping boxes (with their respective shipping prices) as my old source for raw honey was not at my local farmers market this year so I need to be stocking up again. I'm trying to figure out the least cost on shipping per unit, then I'll see about snagging enough Bitcoins to order that number of the 12 oz jars in that size box. Sorry to be a pest like this but I am guessing you've already figured out how many will fit for each size of the flat rate priority boxes.

Thank you...
Thralen

Supporting bitcoin as best I can with 1. mining, 2. buying with bitcoin, 3. selling (or trying to) for bitcoin. If you make a donation to:  1MahzUUEYJrZ4VbPRm2h5itGZKEguGVZK1  I'll get it into circulation.
CoinLab

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

1CoinLabF5Avpp5kor41ngn7prTFMMHFVc

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2012, 12:14:50 AM

We just ordered a pound.  Can't wait to try these!  Grin
Bees Brothers (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2012, 02:31:08 AM

We will have it shipped tomorrow.

Thanks.

BitcoinCoffee.com

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2012, 06:52:53 AM

We will have it shipped tomorrow.

Thanks.

Very interested in your honey! I'll keep in contact this weekend  Tongue

kwoody

Activity: 454

Technology and Women. Amazing.

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 02:26:14 AM

ordered a gift box a bit ago, looking forward to it. do you intend to offer seasonal caramels? I noticed in the Spring you were doing batches with blueberries. I was thinking pumpkin spice / cranberries for the October/November seasonal flavors? would you do a custom order, and if so how big would the batch size purchased have to be?
Bees Brothers (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2012, 02:43:59 PM

ordered a gift box a bit ago, looking forward to it. do you intend to offer seasonal caramels? I noticed in the Spring you were doing batches with blueberries. I was thinking pumpkin spice / cranberries for the October/November seasonal flavors? would you do a custom order, and if so how big would the batch size purchased have to be?

We received your order last night and will make everything today and ship it out tomorrow.

I like the idea of a pumpkin spice honey caramel.  We probably won't be able to do it this year due to time restraints.  The few stores that sell our products have asked to triple their orders for the holidays and we have already had some businesses place some large orders for gifts for their employees and associates.  And we are planning on doing a few holiday gift markets.  This is going to push the boundaries of our production and our time.

We have had some bitcoiners request some honey/raspberry roasted almonds, and almond butter.  I am sending out PM's today to those individuals to send them samples.

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 05:55:44 PM

We received your order last night and will make everything today and ship it out tomorrow.

I like the idea of a pumpkin spice honey caramel.  We probably won't be able to do it this year due to time restraints.  The few stores that sell our products have asked to triple their orders for the holidays and we have already had some businesses place some large orders for gifts for their employees and associates.  And we are planning on doing a few holiday gift markets.  This is going to push the boundaries of our production and our time.

We have had some bitcoiners request some honey/raspberry roasted almonds, and almond butter.  I am sending out PM's today to those individuals to send them samples.

sounds like this little side business is having some growing pains.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Bees Brothers (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2012, 08:29:20 PM

sounds like this little side business is having some growing pains.

Yes, but not too painful...yet.  The kids threatened to mutiny if we don't plan a trip to FrontSight in the next month.  So we got 2k rounds of ammo ordered.  Trying to get some dates to head to the range to practice, and then in November we will do the 4 day handgun course with the two oldest.

Still haven't gotten to the beeswax candles...

CoinLab

Activity: 270

1CoinLabF5Avpp5kor41ngn7prTFMMHFVc

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 07:31:09 PM

We just received our order of assorted Honey Caramels.

These taste AMAZING!  I dare say these are the best caramels I've ever had.  The honey adds a savoriness and complexity that is not usually present in caramel. 

Highly recommended  Grin 
BitcoinCoffee.com

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 12:49:24 AM

BeesBros, would you be interested in sending free samples of coffee (from my business, bitcoincoffee.com) to your orders?

Bees Brothers (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2012, 12:46:53 AM

We just received our order of assorted Honey Caramels.

These taste AMAZING!  I dare say these are the best caramels I've ever had.  The honey adds a savoriness and complexity that is not usually present in caramel. 

Highly recommended  Grin 

Thanks CoinLab.  Glad you liked them.

BeesBros, would you be interested in sending free samples of coffee (from my business, bitcoincoffee.com) to your orders?

BitcoinCoffee,  just checking in real quick right now, but will send you a PM later tonight.

sveetsnelda

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 12:25:12 AM

I thought people were exaggerating these caramels a bit, but I was very wrong.  I ordered a large assorted gift box so I could sample a bit of everything.  I was not disappointed.  These are easily the best caramels I've had.  I took some of them to work and everyone wanted to know where they came from.  I had to hide them from my girlfriend so she didn't eat them all.  The almonds were fantastic as well!  A co-worker of mine and his wife tried these and were immediately hooked.

If you like honey and you like caramel -- TRY THESE.  I just ordered another pound.  (I forgot to order the almonds for the co-worker.  I'll place another one.)

I haven't tried the lotion bar or the granola yet, but I will eventually.  The lip balm has a very subtle honey taste and applies smoothly.  My girlfriend says "I think this is my new favorite chap-stick".  I haven't seen the container since.

Thanks for offering a great product to the Bitcoin community!

14u2rp4AqFtN5jkwK944nn741FnfF714m7
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2012, 04:27:02 AM

The almonds were fantastic as well!

The caramels are great.

Just received delicious samples of raspberry almonds and ordered 5 pounds in 1lb vacuum packed bags.

What type of butter is used? Hopefully Kerrygold grass fed butter. Need grass fed for increased butyrate. I wonder if the almonds were marinated in MCT oil if that would be beneficial.

Would love to try more flavors; blackberry, cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, rosemary, lavender, thyme, xylitol, stevia, (all BulletProof), etc. Would love to sample a bunch.

If anyone has read 4 Hour Body then they know about the effect 20 almonds before bed has when incorporated as a regular habit.

Bees Brothers (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2012, 09:19:32 PM

Sveetsnelda,
Just dropped off your 1 lb. box of caramels at the post office.  I will send you a tracking number.
I included a lip balm in the package so you can have your own and don't need to get into a scuffle with your girlfriend over sharing a single lip balm  Cheesy

Had a productive and informative discussion with the manager of the Post Office about bitcoin while I was there.

Sunnankar,
The Raspberry/Honey Roasted almonds will be made tonight and shipped off tomorrow.  We are making a little bit extra if anyone else wants to buy a 1/2 lbs. bag.

We purchase the butter and cream from a dairy about 4 miles down the street.  We haven't ever talked to the owner so we don't know all the details about his operation.  But will make it a point to meet him and ask.

We are getting ready for Holiday Gifts...trying to have it figured out in the next day to kick off the winter season with Bitcoin Friday.

sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2012, 09:37:43 PM

Sveetsnelda,
The Raspberry/Honey Roasted almonds will be made tonight and shipped off tomorrow.  We are making a little bit extra if anyone else wants to buy a 1/2 lbs. bag.

5 yummy pounds of almonds!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: