Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:44:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Honey Caramels  (Read 50771 times)
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 10:08:49 PM

Caramels and honey came in today. Delicious!!

Will definitely be ordering again  Cheesy
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
newtobtcguy

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:49:53 PM

Hello!

I just wanted to share this post I wrote about the Bees Brothers, http://cloudhashingbitcoins.com/bees-brothers-take-bitcoin/. I set this site up to chronicle my experiences mining bitcoin last year, as that went south fast I changed it to be more about promoting bitcoin in general and highlighting businesses that are accepting bitcoin payments. I am sort of new to all this blogging stuff, I just want to ask if there is a specific place on this forum for me to reach out and ask if anyone has any businesses that are accepting bitcoin payments that I can write about on my blog. Thanks for any help it is much appreciated!

I also recently made a purchase for some honey roasted almonds and assorted caramels, can't wait for them to come in! I will come back and let you all know how I like them!
Bees Brothers (OP)

Activity: 457
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 05:44:44 AM

I am sort of new to all this blogging stuff, I just want to ask if there is a specific place on this forum for me to reach out and ask if anyone has any businesses that are accepting bitcoin payments that I can write about on my blog. Thanks for any help it is much appreciated!

Here is one of many lists that you can use to find other businesses using bitcoin

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade

Don't tread on bees! http://beesbros.com
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 01:46:29 AM

I want to place an order with international shipping to Belgium.
Could I get a quote? (as mentioned on your website)
Thanks!

Bees Brothers (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 02:25:58 AM

Thanks!

Send a PM of what you would like and we will get the quote to you.
If the package is under 4 lbs. (1.8kg) we can send 1st Class mail which is a little cheaper, but takes a couple days longer.

eternalgloom
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 02:55:24 AM

Thanks!

Send a PM of what you would like and we will get the quote to you.
If the package is under 4 lbs. (1.8kg) we can send 1st Class mail which is a little cheaper, but takes a couple days longer.
I've sent you a little list Smiley

newtobtcguy

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:59:40 PM

Just wanted to follow up about my order, the honey roasted almonds and caramel chews came in earlier this week and they were amazing. I really liked the free lip balm that was included as well! I spread them around my office so hopefully you have some new customers!
gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 07:45:37 AM

Hello,
They are looking wonderful!! What is the expiration date of these magic sweets?
BR,
Gondel
eternalgloom
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 10:19:36 AM

Hello,
They are looking wonderful!! What is the expiration date of these magic sweets?
BR,
Gondel

The caramels come in a clear plastic bag tied with a twist-tie, and then placed in a small thin cardboard box and sealed with a BEES BROTHERS sticker. It is perfect for ordering in bulk and then giving the individual boxes as gifts. Not sure how long they stay, though. I suspect that I'll never find out  Tongue

Thanks for the orders and the reviews Maged and OgNasty!

We are not sure how long they last either.  There are no preservatives in them so the fresher the better.  We have some that we made a year ago and keep in a zip-lock bag at room temperature.  Every month or so we try a couple and so far they are fine. However, we are in Utah where the humidity is very low.  Because honey is so full of sugar, it absorbs moisture.  If they are stored around higher humidity, they won't last as long.  The high sugar content of honey also makes what moisture there is unavailable to bacteria and molds, which is why honey can last for centuries. Obviously the caramels don't do well in high heat (like left in a closed car during the summer).

For smaller gifts, we have a $3 bag of caramels that make perfect "Thank You" gifts.  We have an order next week for a wedding that wants several of the smaller caramel bags.

Here you go Smiley

Bees Brothers (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 03:10:59 PM

We tell the stores that carry them not to keep them over a month.  Once they are out of our hands, we can't control the environment they are in, (heat, humidity, stored next to something with orders like onions...).   Thus the 1 month expiration suggestion. 

They are pretty stable and if kept in a sealed container, should last well beyond a month... but better to consume early.  They are not intended for food storage.

The honey on the other hand can probably last for centuries... And if you are going to keep it for centuries, I would recommend storing it in glass, not plastic or metal. Wink

I need to find that old bag of caramels and give it a taste... they got to be three years old by now...

We make new batches 2 to 3 times a week, so they are usually 1-2 days old when we send them out.

This week we have made 3000 honey caramels.  Much busier week than normal!

eternalgloom
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 07:20:25 AM

I have received my order, it was much faster than I anticipated.
It was a pleasure doing business with you and I will order again in the near future. (your products are great gifts!)

Also, the packaging looks extremely nice, good job on that.

turk44

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 07:58:28 PM

inteerested in roasted almonds and lip balm btw you ship to asian countries ?pm me with details
FullBoat

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:41:02 AM

Just wanted to post a quick review of this. I got the plain and raspberry caramels. Also got a 4oz jar of honey.

Was quick shipping, and very good. Already planning on my next order to try some of the other flavors.
notserp
Legendary

Activity: 2240

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:05:30 AM

Just wanted to post a quick review of this. I got the plain and raspberry caramels. Also got a 4oz jar of honey.

Was quick shipping, and very good. Already planning on my next order to try some of the other flavors.

you have to try the honey roasted almonds. just got my order thanks again!
FullBoat

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:53:33 AM

That's on the list. Smiley
gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:37:17 PM

You are selling since 2012 i think in those days the BTC price was around 90$ Smiley
You sold some really expensive candies for today prices Cheesy

BR,
Gondel
Bees Brothers (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 05:21:50 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 03:11:09 AM by Bees Brothers

Thanks guys!

You are selling since 2012 i think in those days the BTC price was around 90$ Smiley
You sold some really expensive candies for today prices Cheesy

BTC price was around $5 when we started.

Last Bitcoin Black Friday and most of December was our most busiest time ever.  BTC price then was over $1000/ btc.  Those were some really cheap candies at today's prices. Shocked

Bees Brothers (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 03:19:41 AM

A historical event finally happened!!

We have had a "We take Bitcoin" sign at our booth for our local farmer's market for 3 years now.
The first year people asked "What is that?"
The second year people said "I have heard of that, how does it work?"
And finally last week we had someone visiting the booth and was about to buy some goodies with fiat and then saw the bitcoin sign.  "You take bitcoin!?"

It was his first purchase and our first transaction at the Farmer's Market with bitcoin.

The boys had decided long ago that the first person to pay with btc that we would double his order.  Needless to say, the guy was extra happy to get some extra goodies.  Grin

miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:02:59 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2015, 02:20:07 PM by miffman

Wow that's amazing!  Grin it's really great to see bitcoin finally starting to move!

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
notserp
Legendary

Activity: 2240

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:37:46 AM

A historical event finally happened!!

We have had a "We take Bitcoin" sign at our booth for our local farmer's market for 3 years now.
The first year people asked "What is that?"
The second year people said "I have heard of that, how does it work?"
And finally last week we had someone visiting the booth and was about to buy some goodies with fiat and then saw the bitcoin sign.  "You take bitcoin!?"

It was his first purchase and our first transaction at the Farmer's Market with bitcoin.

The boys had decided long ago that the first person to pay with btc that we would double his order.  Needless to say, the guy was extra happy to get some extra goodies.  Grin

very nice
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: