Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:31:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting to sense pessimism...  (Read 5413 times)
sgbett (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 06:46:41 PM

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Eveofwar

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 06:47:50 PM

So this is just going to be a constant roller coaster ?
Qoheleth
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2012, 06:55:30 PM

So this is just going to be a constant roller coaster ?
The joke is that there are completely automatic trading strategies that can make money every oscillation. Sooner or later the "smart money" will start trading those strategies, and then the "big money", and then the sine wave will start to lose some amplitude due to those strategies trading against the wind.

Or at least that's the theory. Maybe there's just not enough smart money to actually make the market smart.

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
StewartJ

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 07:42:16 PM

If I can just hold out until we get to "Despair" for the imminent rally...
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 07:58:50 PM

Back to...$5?

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
StewartJ

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 08:05:38 PM

Back to...$5?

Not sure what the price will be then, but I will certainly sense despair...
Sargasm

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 08:06:50 PM

Despair: the emotion of hope?
StewartJ

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 08:07:47 PM

I think the call for pessimism is premature.

Would venture to say we are halfway between unease and denial... like in the Housing Market.
sgbett (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 08:09:20 PM

ill agree with that i wasn't sure if the semi permanent starfish was a denial indicator

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 08:14:15 PM

Back to...$5?

If we managed to hit $5, it just might go well into the $4's. The depth is pretty thin below $5.

Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2012, 08:20:33 PM

We have these cycles all the time, most of them are small, some of them are medium sized and then we have the rare large ones. The last large one happened from May to December, or something like that.

I don't personally care about what is happening right now, we're in the middle of a small cycle or at best (or at worst, depends on who you're asking) a medium sized one. A medium sized correction is very possible, I knew one was coming at some point but didn't know when, this could be it. Nothing fundamental has happened that would indicate a larger issue so a large cycle can be counted out.

Most likely it's simply a short term game based on pure speculation, people see an opportunity to go down and then they sell and short. A large majority of that money is coming back, simply a little lower. Eventually we reach the point where it'll go up again.

I also believe that the reports on technical analysis given by popular analysts such as S3052 have a significant effect in themselves. This is information that people believe in and thus it's heavily exploited and this is why those reports tend to cause the behaviour they are "predicting". Same applies to the information people get from Bitcoinica, it's exploited all the time.

A good example is the recent public report by S3052 that stated:

"4) A break below 6 - 6.1 $ is expected to lead to further downside down to 4.64 $."

Guess what happened right after, the price was pushed down below $6, mainly because people were either exploiting this statement or believing that someone else will exploit the statement anyway, so the price went down.

After $6 broke it was obvious that a larger dip is imminent. Now it's hard to say what happens, if people are as sheep as I fear they are, it's totally possible that we'll go as low as $4.64. Personally I have one word for all of this and that is:

Bullshit.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 08:21:24 PM

No one at all sees the interestingly similar slopes/duration on a log chart that this rally/correction has/will have with the March rally/correction?

I predict a steady price decay in the next month, during which all the bears will be screaming "I TOLD YOU." 

(BFL)^2 < 0
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 08:24:12 PM

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 08:27:16 PM

Back to...$5?

If we managed to hit $5, it just might go well into the $4's. The depth is pretty thin below $5.

No, what I'm saying is that after this correction, we might rally back to $5.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
teflone

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 08:28:02 PM

Back to...$5?

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
StewartJ

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 08:31:07 PM

Back to...$5?

Insert comedic drum roll here...
teflone

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 08:33:33 PM

I found the manipulator...

SlaveInDebt

Activity: 699

Your Minion

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 08:38:59 PM

No one at all sees the interestingly similar slopes/duration on a log chart that this rally/correction has/will have with the March rally/correction?

I predict a steady price decay in the next month, during which all the bears will be screaming "I TOLD YOU." 

Wink Kiss

"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." - Mark Twain
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 09:41:36 PM

Wink Kiss

of course, left unsaid is what comes after that Grin

Triple digits coming THIS YEAR to a market near you!

Daytraders: Go long, hourly RSI just reached <30
Short-mid term: Go short
Long term investors: Go long

(BFL)^2 < 0
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 25, 2012, 09:51:29 PM

I think your on the ball

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: