Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:03:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New stratum/getwork proxy with Web-based GUI and pools management  (Read 120841 times)
totoy

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 12:02:57 PM

I know you want to use this proxy to mine on nicehash with your 750 ti, but may I ask why?
Because I like it.

thats good to know

we mine through the proxy using our farm - with gigabyte 750ti oc lp AND gigabyte 280x oc cards ... at the same time ...

though we are still using the older version ...

#crysx

Thanks crysx.  Smiley yep I know your farm  Cool  sp ccminer thread
Ive used this before, Im also mining quark on NH since they added it. I thought I could help him but meh he could probably fix it by himself  Grin

He liked it but he cant make it to work  Grin

well - you can only try mate ...

yup - ccminer-spmod ... sp has been quiet lately ...

maybe he is taking a well deserved rest ...

the proxies we use ( and are setting up fro the donation links - which will be ready when the new servers come online ) run through this proxy ...

this dev is really good - but unfortunately cant devote too much time for the advancement of it ...

we are on the older 0.5.x series proxies - which work quite well for our farm ...

i have yet to test the newer version of this proxy - and as far as i know - it requires new conf files to be setup ... that will take a bit of time on our end Wink ... so ill test it later when time permits ...

what we have found though - with nicehash AND yaamp - is that the extranonce2 bit throws the proxy off for some reason and rejected shares are the only thing that the miners end up spitting out ...

i dont know if that has been fixed in the latest version - but it resets the extranonce bit after a few minutes ...

well - will get through it all eventually to test the latest soon enough ...

#crysx

Ok thanks man.
Ill make sure to send some hash for donation to sp's great work when its ready
Hope you and your team can fix it
btw ill send you a pm, new coin using quark algo if you want to take a look at it

tanx ...

i got your pm - and sent one back ...

i think its just a matter of finding the right coins and getting early ...

either way - this is probably the best proxy ive seen to date ... will be a loss if no one pics up the development and further enhances it ...

the donation links will be setup as soon as we have our servers available - and that should happen at the end of the week ... so weekend or early next week it all should be running ...

the test server is running donations to sp currently ...

depending on what algo you want to use will determine which port ... that will change when its more permanent of course ...

which algo do you want to hash with? ...

#crysx

Ok ill be watching sp thread for the donations link.
I prefer quark Smiley or whichever is paying the highest profit.

may even start a new thread for it ...

what do you think? ...

#crysx

IMHO yes its better to have a thread for donation to sp

tanx ...

thats what i was thinking and suggested it a while back on sp's thread - but everyone it seemed overlooked that comment ...

i was thinking more of a thread for ALL the devs that we think would be part of the donation system - and a few come to mind that are still quite active currently ...

when i get all the work finalized this week AND the servers become available to use - ill implement it and we will set it up on the main systems ...

then start a new thread and promote it as much as we can through word of mouth ...

ie - bct - twitter - facebook ... and all through the granitecoin.com links - as we own that domain now and will continue to keep this up for as long as we can afford to ...

which inturn means we will have a donation link for us as well - to help pay for the servers and expenses ...

tanx ...

#crysx

Youre welcome

Yes that was Im thinking too, it might be overlooked on that thread because someone is helping someone and benching of the optimization or others so its better tovm have own thread for donation.

I can try to help with the promotion
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 12:13:20 PM

I know you want to use this proxy to mine on nicehash with your 750 ti, but may I ask why?
Because I like it.

thats good to know

we mine through the proxy using our farm - with gigabyte 750ti oc lp AND gigabyte 280x oc cards ... at the same time ...

#crysx

Ive used this before, Im also mining quark on NH since they added it. I thought I could help him but meh he could probably fix it by himself  Grin

the proxies we use ( and are setting up fro the donation links - which will be ready when the new servers come online ) run through this proxy ...

this dev is really good - but unfortunately cant devote too much time for the advancement of it ...

we are on the older 0.5.x series proxies - which work quite well for our farm ...

i have yet to test the newer version of this proxy - and as far as i know - it requires new conf files to be setup ... that will take a bit of time on our end Wink ... so ill test it later when time permits ...

what we have found though - with nicehash AND yaamp - is that the extranonce2 bit throws the proxy off for some reason and rejected shares are the only thing that the miners end up spitting out ...

i dont know if that has been fixed in the latest version - but it resets the extranonce bit after a few minutes ...

#crysx

Ok thanks man.
btw ill send you a pm, new coin using quark algo if you want to take a look at it

tanx ...

either way - this is probably the best proxy ive seen to date ... will be a loss if no one pics up the development and further enhances it ...

the donation links will be setup as soon as we have our servers available - and that should happen at the end of the week ... so weekend or early next week it all should be running ...

depending on what algo you want to use will determine which port ... that will change when its more permanent of course ...

#crysx

what do you think? ...

#crysx

tanx ...

thats what i was thinking and suggested it a while back on sp's thread - but everyone it seemed overlooked that comment ...

i was thinking more of a thread for ALL the devs that we think would be part of the donation system - and a few come to mind that are still quite active currently ...

when i get all the work finalized this week AND the servers become available to use - ill implement it and we will set it up on the main systems ...

then start a new thread and promote it as much as we can through word of mouth ...

ie - bct - twitter - facebook ... and all through the granitecoin.com links - as we own that domain now and will continue to keep this up for as long as we can afford to ...

which inturn means we will have a donation link for us as well - to help pay for the servers and expenses ...

tanx ...

#crysx

Youre welcome

Yes that was Im thinking too, it might be overlooked on that thread because someone is helping someone and benching of the optimization or others so its better tovm have own thread for donation.

that help would be very much appreciated ...

i will publish the donation links initially to sp's thread - then start another thread entirely for the donation links ...

#crysx

totoy

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 06:46:49 PM

Because I like it.

thats good to know

#crysx

#crysx

Ok thanks man.

tanx ...

#crysx

what do you think? ...

#crysx

tanx ...

tanx ...

#crysx

Youre welcome

i will publish the donation links initially to sp's thread - then start another thread entirely for the donation links ...

#crysx

Ok ill be watching  Smiley
maxim000

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 08:44:13 AM

Good day everybody !
Have yet this stratum possibility to mine through standart qt wallet ?
Or only stratum pools acceptably ?
bitsum

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 07:06:18 AM

Client example:

[/quote]

How can we change the worker extranonce 2 size greater than 3 ?

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 09:28:06 AM

Because I like it.

thats good to know

#crysx

#crysx

Ok thanks man.

tanx ...

#crysx

what do you think? ...

#crysx

tanx ...

tanx ...

#crysx

Youre welcome

#crysx

Ok ill be watching  Smiley

done ...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1089744 ...

#crysx

Pfool (OP)

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 07:42:15 PM

New version released (0.8.0): https://github.com/Stratehm/stratum-proxy/releases

Changes since 0.7.1-SNAPSHOT:
-Fix the uptime when a pool is down.
-Enable Kick Connection, Kick IP and Ban IP in the GUI.
-Add worker version in the connection page and forward show_message from pool to clients
-Try to fix a Getwork issue. Workers are not immediatly notified with job reset.
-Add the apiReadOnlyAccessEnabled. If an apiUser is set and this option is present, the read-only API methods are publicly accessible. The displayed GUI will be read-only and login will be required to access to admin features (modify/create/delete pools, ban users...)
-Starting pool is now done asynchronously to not delay the proxy startup if a pool is down.
-Restore the GUI compatibility with Internet Explorer
-Generate SSL certificate with SHA256 instead of sha-1 for GUI (remove stratum-proxy-keystore.jks from the database directory to generate a new certificate)
-Add the share validation on Stratum Worker connections if the validateGetworkShares option is enabled.
-Add the number of accepted/rejected shares in the user/list API method and in the users page.

Changes since 0.7.0:
-Allow the value 1 for the workerNumberLimit option.

Thanx Wink
BTC: 19wv8FQKv3NkwTdzBCQn1AGsb9ghqBPWXi
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 03:11:23 AM

New version released (0.8.0): https://github.com/Stratehm/stratum-proxy/releases

-Add worker version in the connection page and forward show_message from pool to clients
-Try to fix a Getwork issue. Workers are not immediatly notified with job reset.
-Add the apiReadOnlyAccessEnabled. If an apiUser is set and this option is present, the read-only API methods are publicly accessible. The displayed GUI will be read-only and login will be required to access to admin features (modify/create/delete pools, ban users...)
-Starting pool is now done asynchronously to not delay the proxy startup if a pool is down.
-Generate SSL certificate with SHA256 instead of sha-1 for GUI (remove stratum-proxy-keystore.jks from the database directory to generate a new certificate)
-Add the share validation on Stratum Worker connections if the validateGetworkShares option is enabled.
-Add the number of accepted/rejected shares in the user/list API method and in the users page.

Changes since 0.7.0:

fantastic ...

will be testing this new one this week ...

tanx ...

#crysx

Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 05:02:16 PM

Changes since 0.7.0:

Thank you Pfool! Is it possible yet to connect to a wallet and solo mine with your proxy?
bitsum

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 09:45:04 AM

Anybody has any idea on how to fix : Error: Extranonce2 size is 3 (minimum is 4) for nicehash pool

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 09:50:52 AM

Anybody has any idea on how to fix : Error: Extranonce2 size is 3 (minimum is 4) for nicehash pool

make sure that in your .conf - the extranonce subscription is on ( 'true' ) ...

it doesnt always work if you have a miner that doesnt support it either ... in which case you just turn it off and make do with rejected shares every time the extranonce2 bit changes ...

#crysx

bitsum

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 10:08:16 AM

it doesnt always work if you have a miner that doesnt support it either ... in which case you just turn it off and make do with rejected shares every time the extranonce2 bit changes ...

#crysx

My configuration :

{
  "logDirectory" : "",
  "logLevel" : "INFO",
  "disableLogAppend": false,
  "stratumListenPort" : 3333,
  "stratumListenAddress" : "0.0.0.0",
  "disableStratum": false,
  "getworkListenPort" : 8332,
  "getworkListenAddress" : "0.0.0.0",
  "disableGetwork": false,
  "apiListenPort" : 8888,
  "apiListenAddress" : "0.0.0.0",
  "disableApi": false,
  "poolConnectionRetryDelay" : 5,
  "poolReconnectStabilityPeriod" : 5,
  "poolNoNotifyTimeout" : 240,
  "rejectReconnectOnDifferentHost" : false,
  "poolHashrateSamplingPeriod" : 600,
  "userHashrateSamplingPeriod" : 600,
   "connectionHashrateSamplingPeriod" : 600,
  "isScrypt" : false,
  "databaseDirectory": "",
  "hashrateDatabaseSamplingPeriod": 60,
  "hashrateDatabaseHistoryDepth": 7,
  "noMidstate": false,
  "apiLogLevel": "INFO",
  "validateGetworkShares": false, // Validate the shares submitted by Getwork w$
  "poolSwitchingStrategy": "priorityFailover",
  "weightedRoundRobinRoundDuration": 60,
  "apiUser": "",
  "apiPassword": "",
  "apiReadOnlyAccessEnabled": false, // If an apiUser is set and this option is$
  // The apiEnableSsl should be set to true or left commented if an apiUser is $
  //"apiEnableSsl": false,
  "logRealShareDifficulty": false, // Take care, it is CPU intensive and it work$
  "workerNumberLimit": 1, // Only 1, 256 and 65536 values are supported.
  "ipVersion": "auto", // Valid values: auto, v4, v6. Force the use of the IP p$
  "suggestedPoolDifficulty": 0.01, // Suggest this difficulty to the pool. The $
  "pools" : [ {
    "name" : "Nicehash Lyra",
    "host" : "lyra2re.eu.nicehash.com:3342",
    "user" : "12kJnGaN6TdmvkjZSf5Yc2nuxq6bx4nkKy",
    "password" : "d=0.02;p=0.24",
    "enableExtranonceSubscribe" : true,
    "appendWorkerNames" : false,
    "workerNameSeparator" : ".",
    "useWorkerPassword" : false,
    "weight" : 9,
    "isEnabled": true
  }]
}

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 10:14:28 AM

#crysx

My configuration :

{
  "logDirectory" : "",
  "logLevel" : "INFO",
  "disableLogAppend": false,
  "stratumListenPort" : 3333,
  "stratumListenAddress" : "0.0.0.0",
  "disableStratum": false,
  "getworkListenPort" : 8332,
  "getworkListenAddress" : "0.0.0.0",
  "disableGetwork": false,
  "apiListenPort" : 8888,
  "apiListenAddress" : "0.0.0.0",
  "disableApi": false,
  "poolConnectionRetryDelay" : 5,
  "poolReconnectStabilityPeriod" : 5,
  "poolNoNotifyTimeout" : 240,
  "rejectReconnectOnDifferentHost" : false,
  "poolHashrateSamplingPeriod" : 600,
  "userHashrateSamplingPeriod" : 600,
   "connectionHashrateSamplingPeriod" : 600,
  "isScrypt" : false,
  "databaseDirectory": "",
  "hashrateDatabaseSamplingPeriod": 60,
  "hashrateDatabaseHistoryDepth": 7,
  "noMidstate": false,
  "apiLogLevel": "INFO",
  "validateGetworkShares": false, // Validate the shares submitted by Getwork w$
  "poolSwitchingStrategy": "priorityFailover",
  "weightedRoundRobinRoundDuration": 60,
  "apiUser": "",
  "apiPassword": "",
  "apiReadOnlyAccessEnabled": false, // If an apiUser is set and this option is$
  // The apiEnableSsl should be set to true or left commented if an apiUser is $
  //"apiEnableSsl": false,
  "logRealShareDifficulty": false, // Take care, it is CPU intensive and it work$
  "workerNumberLimit": 1, // Only 1, 256 and 65536 values are supported.
  "ipVersion": "auto", // Valid values: auto, v4, v6. Force the use of the IP p$
  "suggestedPoolDifficulty": 0.01, // Suggest this difficulty to the pool. The $
  "pools" : [ {
    "name" : "Nicehash Lyra",
    "host" : "lyra2re.eu.nicehash.com:3342",
    "user" : "12kJnGaN6TdmvkjZSf5Yc2nuxq6bx4nkKy",
    "password" : "d=0.02;p=0.24",
    "enableExtranonceSubscribe" : true,
    "appendWorkerNames" : false,
    "workerNameSeparator" : ".",
    "useWorkerPassword" : false,
    "weight" : 9,
    "isEnabled": true
  }]
}

the only thing i can see that conflicts there is the suggestedPoolDifficulty and the password ...

im not sure if it has any conflicts within the stratum proxy - but a suggested diff is set then you are forcing TWO different difficulty requests straight after ...

we dont do it that way at all ... we leave the suggested diff - and let the nicehash stratum decide the diff ( with just a password x - i would remove that p= altogether ) ...

as far as i know - nicehash forces the new diff anyway - so no use trying to force it through the proxy ...

so try without the password being set to diff and change it to whatever you want your password to be ( it wont matter with nicehash anyway ) ...

#crysx

bitsum

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 10:32:39 AM

#crysx

the only thing i can see that conflicts there is the suggestedPoolDifficulty and the password ...

im not sure if it has any conflicts within the stratum proxy - but a suggested diff is set then you are forcing TWO different difficulty requests straight after ...

we dont do it that way at all ... we leave the suggested diff - and let the nicehash stratum decide the diff ( with just a password x - i would remove that p= altogether ) ...

as far as i know - nicehash forces the new diff anyway - so no use trying to force it through the proxy ...

so try without the password being set to diff and change it to whatever you want your password to be ( it wont matter with nicehash anyway ) ...

#crysx

changed

"suggestedPoolDifficulty": 0,

and

"password" : "x",

still I'm getting Error: Extranonce2 size is 3 (minimum is 4).
Is there any stratum proxy that resembles the original pool stratum extranonce or way to implement it?

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 10:47:10 AM

#crysx

#crysx

changed

"suggestedPoolDifficulty": 0,

and

"password" : "x",

still I'm getting Error: Extranonce2 size is 3 (minimum is 4).
Is there any stratum proxy that resembles the original pool stratum extranonce or way to implement it?

extranonce2 size 4? ...

this shows that after the changes - you are still getting the SAME issue ... which normally means its a miner based issue ...

what miner are you using that is pointing to this proxy? ...

we have found sgminer to be a delinquent with extranonce2 size requests - unless you are mining directly to nicehash ...

some incarnations of the miners do not handle extranonce2 changes very well at all ... especially if you have diff settings in the miner itself ...

we use sgminer ( the latest git compile in fedora 19 x64 ) and ccminer ( spmod fork ) and they all seems to be running fine with x11 x13 x15 lyra2re neoscrypt and quark ...

though there are NO other parameters that are passed onto the proxy from the miners - as the miners are set to 'stock' settings except for the intensities and 'card based' parameters ...

we have a similar setup to you in the .conf so it should running fine ...

if you want - test the miner with our donation link ( which uses this proxy ) for a few minutes and see what the result is ...

the donation link is for the dev sp - for the ccminer fork spmod ...

you can check the results as you mine here through westhash ( as we use the us stratums ) - https://www.westhash.com/index.jsp?p=miners&a=9&addr=1CTiNJyoUmbdMRACtteRWXhGqtSETYd6Vd ...

that btc address is sp's donation address ... test for 5-10 minutes and see how you go ...

strip the settings from the miner ( unless its card specific - like gpuclock and memclock ) and point to the address - stratum+tcp://donate-sp.granitecoin.com:7939/ ...

we have set these test stratum proxies up for miners who want to donate hashrate rather than btc to the dev ...

sp is the initial one - there will be more coming in the next few weeks as we get more servers online ...

details are here if you are interested in donation - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1089744 ...

for your test though - use the settings above in the miner and run for a few minutes and see if the miner is still giving extranonce2 issues ...

let me know how it goes ...

#crysx

cbf

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 10:56:52 PM

hi there,

i use the proxy for a couple of weeks with ltcrabbit. it works quiet fine. good job so far @pfool
now i wanted to get additional GH from nicehash. i tried to get nh connected to my proxy as a miner. but when i verify the pool (=my proxy) i get this error:

"Error: Extranonce2 size is 3 (minimum is 4)." (same msg bitsum got a few weeks ago)

in this case i won't be able to fix the miner!? any suggestions? thank you!

regards,
cbf
kenshirothefist

Activity: 457
Merit: 273

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:29:12 AM

Pfool, currently your proxy aggregates all incoming connections (workers) into single outgoing connection (worker). It would be very good if you could add a parameter to specify the number of workers per one outgoing connection. For example, if one would set this "num-of-workers-per-outbound-connection" to 10 and would have 100 inbound workers connected (100 miners) this would create 10 outbound connection to the end-point pool. Could you do this?
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 08:47:59 AM

Pfool, currently your proxy aggregates all incoming connections (workers) into single outgoing connection (worker). It would be very good if you could add a parameter to specify the number of workers per one outgoing connection. For example, if one would set this "num-of-workers-per-outbound-connection" to 10 and would have 100 inbound workers connected (100 miners) this would create 10 outbound connection to the end-point pool. Could you do this?

what would the point of that be kenshirothefist? ...

it seems to me that it would just create more work to aggregate the workers into 'sub connections' that would then have to be sent off as larger workers ...

the way we do this now is simply run another proxy on a different port using the same machine and point the workers to the proxy of choice ...

unless that is what you are saying? ... in that - the ONE proxy can direct certain workers TO certain pools by means of different ports ...

am i misunderstanding this? ...

though that would be nice to be able to handle ALL the workers and have them mine in different places using the same proxy and the same port number ...

#crysx

kenshirothefist

Activity: 457
Merit: 273

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 09:46:53 AM

what would the point of that be kenshirothefist? ...

it seems to me that it would just create more work to aggregate the workers into 'sub connections' that would then have to be sent off as larger workers ...

Yes, exactly. Several benefits:
- no need to run several proxy instances, use only one for several workers;
- many end-point pools (including nicehash.com) do not prefer very big aggregated workers (for example like 1 PH SHA256 workers in big proxy configurations) due to issues with setting difficulties, rejects, etc. ... with such option users of this proxy would simply configure proper sub-aggregation setting (like 10 workers per one outgoing worker) and would get better efficiency without struggling by running several proxy instances;
- this would bring additional options like you already mentioned such as the possibility to direct different (sub-agreggated) outgoing workers to different pools;
- probably some other stuff that I can't remember now Wink

... sure all this requires quite some coding effort ... but I think it could be some cool stuff if properly implemented.
sp_
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 10:25:30 AM

I think this proxy has a limit of 2xx workers. By adding support for more than one poolworker, this limit might be increased?

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: