Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:33:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICPuppy.net - Newpac, Terminus, Moonlander 2, 2pacs in Stock! BTC,LTC,ETH,BCH  (Read 105216 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CrazyGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 04:25:05 PM

I've uploaded Custom Firmware 0.93 for my customers. 0.93 contains an update which should mitigate, if not completely resolve, the issue of U3 zombies on the R1 controller! If you've purchased through the website or group buy and don't have the download link, please contact me via PM.

Any chance we can get it if we didn't buy it from you ?

Thanks

I'll provide the updates to the community once I'm sold out. There are exceptions for those who have purchased from me in the past, just contact me via PM.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
HerbPean
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 04:40:12 PM

I've uploaded Custom Firmware 0.93 for my customers. 0.93 contains an update which should mitigate, if not completely resolve, the issue of U3 zombies on the R1 controller! If you've purchased through the website or group buy and don't have the download link, please contact me via PM.

Any chance we can get it if we didn't buy it from you ?

Thanks

I'll provide the updates to the community once I'm sold out. There are exceptions for those who have purchased from me in the past, just contact me via PM.

Allright will be waiting.
rockyforever

Activity: 429
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 03:27:57 PM

Having issues with my U3 still. Having to reset R1 everytime I come home from work to get the U3 to start back up. The R1 is hashing away fine and wifi working great but the U3 keeps dying.

Im using the standard U3 settings. Any recommended settings to keep it running that has worked for others? (volts, etc..)

CrazyGuy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 11:21:17 PM

Having issues with my U3 still. Having to reset R1 everytime I come home from work to get the U3 to start back up. The R1 is hashing away fine and wifi working great but the U3 keeps dying.

Im using the standard U3 settings. Any recommended settings to keep it running that has worked for others? (volts, etc..)

The R1 is great at recovering from zombies with a cgminer restart(via the init.d script) and in some instances it requires a reboot. I have never had to replug my U3 in when using the R1 as a controller. The problem is, the R1 has no script monitoring for U3 zombies and restarting cgminer. I've taken one step to resolve this issue and so far it's kept my U3 running for 2 days.

Add the following to the end of your cgminer-monitor script(/usr/bin/cgminer-monitor), and let me know how it works out for you:

Code:
numU3MinersInactive=`/usr/bin/cgminer-api devs localhost 4029 | grep "\[No Device\] => true" | wc -l`
if [ "$numU3MinersInactive" -gt "0" ]; then                                                          
    echo "$numU3MinersInactive miners have gone inactive, restarting cgminer-u3"                    
    /etc/init.d/cgminer-u3 stop                                                                      
    sleep 5                                                                                          
    /etc/init.d/cgminer-u3 start                                                                    
    sleep 20                                                                                        
    noASCMsgCount=`/usr/bin/cgminer-api devs localhost 4029 | grep "\[Msg\] => No ASCs" | wc -l`    
    if [ "$noASCMsgCount" -gt "0" ]; then                                                            
        echo "No Miners Detected, trying one more cgminer restart"                                  
        /etc/init.d/cgminer-u3 stop                                                                  
        sleep 5                                                                                      
        /etc/init.d/cgminer-u3 start                                                                
        sleep 20                                                                                    
        noASCMsgCount=`/usr/bin/cgminer-api devs localhost 4029 | grep "\[Msg\] => No ASCs" | wc -l`
        if [ "$noASCMsgCount" -gt "0" ]; then                                                        
            currentDate=`date`                                                                      
            echo "$currentDate - No Miners Detected after 2 restarts, rebooting" > /tmp/cgminer-u3_reboot.log
            reboot                                                                                          
        fi                                                                                                  
    fi                                                                                                      
fi                        

Brief description of what cgminer-monitor and this snippet are doing:
- cgminer-monitor runs every 3 minutes via cron. Its main purpose was to keep the integrated R1 ASIC up and running.
- The snippet uses cgminer-api to get a list of inactive miners under the cgminer-u3 instance.
- If an inactive(zombie) miner is detected, cgminer is restarted.
- If cgminer comes back up with no miners attached, it tries one more restart
- After second restart, if no miners are attached, it reboots the R1.

rockyforever

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 12:25:29 AM

appreciate it

rebooting now

rockyforever

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 01:45:19 AM

downloaded that and still not working. I reset and it worked for an hour now its on but not hashing again.

CrazyGuy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 01:59:25 AM

downloaded that and still not working. I reset and it worked for an hour now its on but not hashing again.

The script runs every 3 minutes, so you could have a zombie for that length of time.Try running it manually and send me the output if it doesn't work.

/usr/bin/cgminer-monitor

rockyforever

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 05:01:47 AM

tried going through computer wont even register as a device. Tried multiple usb cables and such.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 05:37:55 AM

tried going through computer wont even register as a device. Tried multiple usb cables and such.

Does it light up?  I don't have mine in front of me but I'm thinking there is 2 red indicators, one shows when it has power (or possibly usb).  Other shows when it's mining.

Have you tried to run it under linux?   Much easier then messing with drivers.  There is a U3 user guide to help - https://www.bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=007201404130632574925y76a4v50657
CrazyGuy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 06:10:10 AM

May be a bad power supply... If you bought it from me, just send me a PM.

CrazyGuy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 06:21:40 AM

I finally got a chance to hook multiple U3s up. I couldn't connect more than 3 units without a powered hub, but that's been the case with every controller I've ever used with U3s. Updated cgminer-monitor script is running and I'll let everyone know how well it handles zombies over the next few days.

rockyforever

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 02:25:37 PM

May be a bad power supply... If you bought it from me, just send me a PM.

Red light powers up when USB is plugged in and fan starts when power supply starts. I have switched out both so its not those so no worries Crazyguy. I am determined to make it work and will try the Linux route. Not computer savvy so its a fun experience learning as I go. thank you for all the tips and links to guides so far! Ill try again tonite after work and tinker around.

I knew buying the U3 there was many issues, hence why I took the gamble to at least learn in the process even if it fails Smiley

rockyforever

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 01:45:28 AM

after following guide and everything says no devices detected.

CrazyGuy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 04:22:31 AM

Here's one that's worked for me in the past: Prime the pump.... Unplug and replug the usb cord a few times. Keep doing it until it gets recognized.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 04:55:49 AM

Are you using windows? I'm guessing so since that is what the guide was based on.  What does it show under hardware when it's plugged in?  Does it see the uart....in there? Or nothing?
rockyforever

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 02:42:58 PM

Are you using windows? I'm guessing so since that is what the guide was based on.  What does it show under hardware when it's plugged in?  Does it see the uart....in there? Or nothing?

I run off the guide, it sees the UART, but once cgminer is run nothing is detected. Went off the guide, unless I am missing something.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 04:57:39 PM

I run off the guide, it sees the UART, but once cgminer is run nothing is detected. Went off the guide, unless I am missing something.

Try re-installing the driver to see if it makes any difference.  Normally on windows it's a driver issue.  Make sure it say's sucessful on install.  I don't know if it makes a big difference but I went with most current when I did install instead of old version Bitmain shows in guide.

I have a feeling it's all about drivers and once you get them to work it will go fine.
rockyforever

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2015, 12:48:32 AM

Try re-installing the driver to see if it makes any difference.  Normally on windows it's a driver issue.  Make sure it say's sucessful on install.  I don't know if it makes a big difference but I went with most current when I did install instead of old version Bitmain shows in guide.

I have a feeling it's all about drivers and once you get them to work it will go fine.
Im using Zadig as the guide says. The only option is WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385). Is that the most current?

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 01:15:24 AM

Im using Zadig as the guide says. The only option is WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385). Is that the most current?

I think official site is http://zadig.akeo.ie/ .  Might try it there I'm sure the zadig is updated, not sure on winusb.  I know when I loaded mine but I did most recent.   It worke for me on a windows 8.

If you have lots of issues look into getting a RPI.  Honestly linux is a lot easier then windows with some of these drivers.  Crazy Guy actually sells some controllers that are already set up:

Raspberry Pi B and B+ with custom build of Minera
A10 Cubie with custom build of Minera
CrazyGuy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 07:27:30 AM

CFW 0.94 has been uploaded for my customers.

The previous updates to cgminer-monitor were missing U3 zombies where the device was still showing as active through the API. I've reworked the function to compare "Last Valid Work" before and after a specific interval for all connected devices. This should catch and handle all zombies, and just in time for Halloween! The new monitor has kept my 3 U3s running without human intervention for the past 2 days.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: