Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:49:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] WampumCoin [WAM]/Wampumcoin.com Announcement update  (Read 14746 times)
iplabs

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:52:59 PM

25% fee on mining pool?  Angry You lost me as a supporter. Have you ever heard of the Laffer curve? Look it up.
Goattrading

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:56:41 PM

25% fee on mining pool?  Angry You lost me as a supporter. Have you ever heard of the Laffer curve? Look it up.

Wow .. well thats new.

“I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
worth

Activity: 558
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:06:36 AM

Wow .. well thats new.

FYI, I spoke with the devs and the 25% pool fee was a temporary measure they had in place for about a day; I've been mining since and the fee was reduced to a reasonable and standard 2% fee. 

Difficulty is still extremely low, but I can't say how long that will last.  There isn't much activity here posting about the coin, but fair warning, there are things happening behind the scenes which will be posted publicly in time. 

I have mined a pretty substantial amount of Wampum and I have plans to do something with what I have to help advance the coin, including a giveaway on Twitter and on my own 25,000+ subscriber email newsletter. 

The plans go way beyond a simple giveaway, but I can't say more at this time.

But check out this video I just posted to my site about why I personally really like Wampum as a cryptocurrency -- there are actually a bunch of comparisons between traditional Wampum belts and crypto/the blockchain that go beyond the basic similarity of crypto to shell money...

http://www.worthgodwin.com/basic-computer-training/2014/06/video-parallels-traditional-wampum-bitcoin/

Also, if you're a trader and not a miner, somebody (not me) dumped a TON of Wampum on Comkort for 1 & 2 satoshi - now would be the time to grab some before news starts getting out and the price goes up... 

https://comkort.com/market/trade/wam_btc

Goattrading

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 05:27:03 AM

Worth

Thanks for the update.

Its likely the orig dev, first to mine, recent miners or current miners is/are trying to dump coins. 

When everything is ready to be made public Iam also all for doing a few giveaways as well... but dont have your pull  Wink

One more item which is very interesting... EDUcoin has recently decided to revamp the total number of coins and is potentially doing the very first altcoin RS (reverse split) to limit the total coins and lower the total number the "whales" are holding to dump. This will also allow for potentially higher opening price.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=486600.msg7176139#msg7176139

“I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
mmm01
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1053

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 12:29:41 AM

what do you think the potential value of this coin could be? This is a general question. I'd appreciate any answer in terms of exchange value or what this coin could be used for in exchange for a certain good or service. Curious because I mined a couple million way back when and I know there is some work being done on the coin now.

wampumcoin.com (OP)

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 08:53:24 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 06:59:36 PM by wampumcoin.com

Seriously,
Things are moving so fast that I want to use a four letter word about the decision we have to make on directing far more attention to WampumCoin, away from other projects.

In light of early arguments in connection with the potential and purpose of the coin, we think WampumCoin deserves the attention, if we're going to pursue the original use of the word whole-heartedly, you know what I mean?

For some people things might be moving slow, but it's all relative I think. I want things I'm interested in to move quickly. We need some time to work on things we need time to work (think?) on though.

Uugh!

I'm still waiting on the project management/collaboration system to be set up so that project and tasks can be listed and assigned, etc. etc. etc.

Speaking of which, I like this from educoin. Anyone interested in heading up putting something together like this for wampumcoin? :
-------
ANNOUNCEMENT:  Call for Developers

Build Team
• Coin development wizards
• Math/Crypto/security experts
• Skilled compilers for Win / Mac / Unix

Mobile
• iOS Dev squad
• Android Dev squad

Web
• Wallet developer
• Tipbot developer
• Crowdfunding site developer (Educoin.tips similar to Dogeraiser.com)

Outreach
• Reddit moderator(s)
• Hackathons representative (currently Edumoto)
• Educator representative (currently Edumoto)
-------

What else?

Peter
yzhi

Activity: 121

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:57:23 AM

does this coin die or there is not  any news about it
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:31:21 AM

I too am very glad to see this coin has new and MUCH better support and dev team!!  I thought this coin had some potential when it was released, even though it got hammered a bit from the community.  I felt then as I do now, that was the result of a poor dev team.......no offense to them at all, it was just obvious early on that they were not going to take this coin where it deserved to go.

I mined this as well when it first launched simply because I like the name and reasoning behind choosing it.  I still have not sold a single one and also mined a decent number of them.  I would also be willing to donate along the way to help the coins development.  I am very busy running my own business but will def help where and how I can.

Dev.......feel free to contact me if Wampum donations are needed for help with marketing, faucets or whatever you might need them for!  If it's for the good of the coin and the community, I would love to help:-)
wampumcoin.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 06:58:22 PM

does this coin die or there is not  any news about it

Thats a weird statement to make here...
Almost all of these messages pretty much show that the coin is not dead and still has a community of some sort of size.

It's being actively mined at http://mining.wampumcoin.com and traded at a few places, even though the most trading activity is at https://comkort.com/market/trade/wam_doge, it gets good activity when people with large amounts don't stack/dump. We did ask folks to post in smaller, varying amounts to give others a chance to have some action, but "self-ish" does not a community make. And I personally like being able to buy/sell at the price I want, which you can't do with comkorts "best price" requirement.

Anyway, we're planning to put up our own little exchange and make it so that everyone will see some action, large and small. We'll set up some wampumcoin for Moneypaks, etc. on localbitcoin soon too.

Can't seem to get a response from cryptsy, big vern, support, or anyone over there about getting listed. Perhaps they're still too busy with their legal issues?

Can you guys get over and vote at:
http://mintpal.com/voting - WAM,
WampumCoin BTC voting donation: 17kJ8duWsd9TtTNkuXDR3VxqJ7xKChX5Wv

http://swisscex.com/voting - WAM,
Wampumcoin BTC voting donation: 12CuchWHwE1BzGBzCb8wXDTYQ9ytd8AVdD

Thanks

Pete

wampumcoin.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 07:06:45 PM

Dev.......feel free to contact me if Wampum donations are needed for help with marketing, faucets or whatever you might need them for!  If it's for the good of the coin and the community, I would love to help:-)

I completely understand.
Many things have become great, one building block at a time. Civilization; Mankind!

Thank you for the offer!

Pete
wampumcoin.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2014, 05:16:34 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 05:36:42 AM by wampumcoin.com

you don't think pete trolled that message knowing someone couldn't help explaining how the mechanics of trading markets/crypto-trading markets work? Smiley :p

i've talked with him extensively. he knows. he did say "personally". none the less, the current ceiling and floor aren't seeing much action, right?

person a) 1000 for .01 - nah. i dont need em. nothin to do with em
person a) 1000 for .0001 wow, thats so freakin cheap, give em all to me
person a) you got more?
person b) no - neither does anyone else
person c) i'll sell ya a widget for 5000
person b) i have none
person a) i'll sell ya 5000 for .0003 each!
person a) i'll sell ya 10000 for .00025!
person b) i'll take 10000
person b) 5000 for sell at .0003!
person d) i need 5000 for widget!

anyway, i think that he was more talking about the very large amount sitting at .000031. i thinks its the psychology that will make others willing to digest smaller amounts. the wealthy (so to speak) lose touch with the poor.

brad
http://mining.wampumcoin.com
wampumcoin.com (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 04:00:53 AM

i get it.
thanks.

brad
http://mining.wampumcoin.com/
33reg

Activity: 231
Merit: 101

xmining.org

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 10:51:29 AM

I think.
We need WAM merchant system.
Also, first application for WAM is online games industry.
For example: Tic tac toe (noughts and crosses), poker and other.
It will stimulate usefull of WAM.

Goattrading

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:56:33 PM

Your thinking is backwards, the higher the floor buys are the more they are worth, lowering that only means that you sell for less. Not that you buy for more. right now you can buy at 0.00096 doge so there is a huge spread between buy and sell that needs to narrow, and I see today that it is. The floor price is not meant to get action. It is there to stop the price from dropping to .00000001 doge on a large dump.

Valid points all around...
Until there is a tangible function in use for wampum the price is arbitrary ... we, you, I could run the doge market up to .5 and sit on huge buys at .49 just to let everyone dump but i have no interest in being the only holder of ridiculous amounts of wampum.

Functionality first, then development of the market. In the interim maintaining any trading volume is important as we do not want to lose the comkort listings.

https://comkort.com/blog/news
"on 27.05.2014
Dear Users,

Unfortunately we have to decrease the number of voting winners from 6 to 3. We made this decision based on our evaluation of new coins quality and sustainability

Besides within two weeks we will list those coins that will be removed from our trading platform. Our goal is quality not quantity and thus we shall filter coin offering based on demand and volume."

― H.P. Lovecraft
33reg

xmining.org

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 10:01:03 AM

I have an good idea.
But I have a problem.
I can't build WAM wallet under Windows. (Qt Creator)
Constantly there are mistakes.
I will try to build WAM wallet under Linux.

marquix

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 12:36:02 PM

I think.

That's exactly what I told in -- like forever...

But I can repeat it again: we do NEED actual Wampumcoin usage out there in the real world in order to build a real economy around the coin, resulting in a "velocity of money" for WAM and, thus, real value.

Yes, a merchant system is what's needed, or merchants won't (ever) user or start accepting the coin. WAM is great when it comes to confirmation speed (low block time, only 2 confs needed for transactions which makes WAM ideal for real-world -- as in point-of-sale -- payments both online and off-). I talked about a small, simple PoS terminal, a new pool to spread geographically and increase network stability, even offered developing one but no one seemed interested or take up these offers neither on Fb nor here (look it up in my previous posts).

Merchants, PoS usage of WAM, feeding these by promos and suitable measures is the way to go.

Only making WAM another coin for online gaming is not (at all), 'nuff of that junk out there already!

The old dev promised heaven and then some regarding useful WAM business application, the new devs seem to have plans to slowly follow through on some similar ideas (very good!!), and @worth sounds even more promising here. So far, nothing has happened though. I do know myself that this takes some time but as long as there is no agreement, plan, or other tangible action in place, it may still all come to nothing.

So it would be nice to see that the new devs really come up with some real direction and get their act together.

HD video & photography. Check out some of my photos covering Bitcoin and Crypto topics http://marquix.net/try/btc-tech-photos/ or my FREE eBook reviewing fully Whitehat e-mail and list-building tools http://marquix.net/try/whitehat-email-marketing/ here!
Read Bitcoin & Alt coin news, decentralization, Peer-to-Peer economy articles, financial innovation with Crypto tech on http://www.bitcoinFinancial.info/bitcoin-business/.
33reg

xmining.org

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 12:43:32 PM

I think.

But I can repeat it again: we do NEED actual Wampumcoin usage out there in the real world in order to build a real economy around the coin, resulting in a "velocity of money" for WAM and, thus, real value.

Yes, a merchant system is what's needed, or merchants won't (ever) user or start accepting the coin. WAM is great when it comes to confirmation speed (low block time, only 2 confs needed for transactions which makes WAM ideal for real-world -- as in point-of-sale -- payments both online and off-). I talked about a small, simple PoS terminal, a new pool to spread geographically and increase network stability, even offered developing one but no one seemed interested or take up these offers neither on Fb nor here (look it up in my previous posts).

Merchants, PoS usage of WAM, feeding these by promos and suitable measures is the way to go.

Only making WAM another coin for online gaming is not (at all), 'nuff of that junk out there already!

The old dev promised heaven and then some regarding useful WAM business application, the new devs seem to have plans to slowly follow through on some similar ideas (very good!!), and @worth sounds even more promising here. So far, nothing has happened though. I do know myself that this takes some time but as long as there is no agreement, plan, or other tangible action in place, it may still all come to nothing.

So it would be nice to see that the new devs really come up with some real direction and get their act together.

Yes!
We (WAM community) have to make efforts together with developers in order to popularize WAM.
I think, that addition PoS alg. to PoW alg. will be a great event for WAM!

33reg

xmining.org

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 01:22:48 PM

New thread for Russian
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=655574.0

samsss

Activity: 77

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 01:33:03 PM

scrypt??good luck!
marquix

Activity: 128

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 03:03:36 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 10:16:09 AM by marquix

I think.

Yes, a merchant system is what's needed, or merchants won't (ever) use or start accepting the coin. WAM is great when it comes to confirmation speed (very short block time, only 2 confs needed for transactions which makes WAM ideal for real-world -- as in point-of-sale -- payments both online and off-). I talked about a small, simple PoS terminal, a new pool to spread geographically and increase network stability, even offered developing one but no one seemed interested or take up these offers neither on Fb nor here (look it up in my previous posts).

Yes!
We (WAM community) have to make efforts together with developers in order to popularize WAM.
I think, that addition PoS alg. to PoW alg. will be a great event for WAM!

sorry -- mis-understanding here:

I did not say PoS as in **Proof-of-Stake** as that would require some consensus on overall changes to the Wampumcoin algo -- again, I did **not** mean, nor say, that. (I do like proof-of-stake coins for their lower power consumption though, but I really don't think we could -- nor should -- singlehandedly change the entire WAM system in the near or medium term; there are enough other tasks to be taken on first!)

I talked about PoS terminals (MEANING **Point-of-Sale terminals**, i e **in-shop payment terminals**) making it EASIER FOR MERCHANTS TO ACCEPT AND USE WAMPUMCOIN.

Elsewhere -- I totally agree on what you said in your first line, and I share your enthusiasm for making an effort together with the new devs to make WAM popular and successful!

HD video & photography. Check out some of my photos covering Bitcoin and Crypto topics http://marquix.net/try/btc-tech-photos/ or my FREE eBook reviewing fully Whitehat e-mail and list-building tools http://marquix.net/try/whitehat-email-marketing/ here!
Read Bitcoin & Alt coin news, decentralization, Peer-to-Peer economy articles, financial innovation with Crypto tech on http://www.bitcoinFinancial.info/bitcoin-business/.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: