Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:20:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] DISTROCOIN X11 / IOS RELEASE IS HERE.  (Read 111304 times)
jibble

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 06:05:02 PM

yeah 2 completely different coins, X11 coin had the major advantage of being on the flavour of the month anonymity, Plus offering something completely unique from the other 2 anon coins receiving a shit tonne of attention, then it was released he was some kind of coding genius from the 90's who worked for IBM , and the speed of his release currently has been lightening fast compared to others, all adding to the hype but also real world application of the coin. all including his papers he is producing he wrote in 2005, all adds to the credibility of what is detailed in his future plans, althou vague he has proven himself.

Distro isn't currently part of the hype and flavour of the month so the attention isn't focused on it as much, The fast POW mine phase is obviously going to cause dumping from the instant miners. There are the initial lurkers that have identified a worth while investment when they see one and have offered buy support and bought up quite a lot but not enough to counter act dumping on such a scale.

It will rise in price most likely it is one of the higher % chances of success among other new coins, you have a dev who has made numerous websites and wallets and more for other coins, he has the coding expertise, he has a whitepaper and a clear idea of where he wants to go and has shown on many occasions he has the knowledge to get the coin there. Most likely has some extra added features and ideas he has saved for his own coin rather than adding to other coins. This all points to a pretty high likelihood of a successful coin.

Both coins are great investments.

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 06:08:44 PM

yeah 2 completely different coins, X11 coin had the major advantage of being on the flavour of the month anonymity, Plus offering something completely unique from the other 2 anon coins receiving a shit tonne of attention, then it was released he was some kind of coding genius from the 90's who worked for IBM , and the speed of his release currently has been lightening fast compared to others, all adding to the hype but also real world application of the coin. all including his papers he is producing he wrote in 2005, all adds to the credibility of what is detailed in his future plans, althou vague he has proven himself.

Distro isn't currently part of the hype and flavour of the month so the attention isn't focused on it as much, The fast POW mine phase is obviously going to cause dumping from the instant miners. There are the initial lurkers that have identified a worth while investment when they see one and have offered buy support and bought up quite a lot but not enough to counter act dumping on such a scale.

It will rise in price most likely it is one of the higher % chances of success among other new coins, you have a dev who has made numerous websites and wallets and more for other coins, he has the coding expertise, he has a whitepaper and a clear idea of where he wants to go and has shown on many occasions he has the knowledge to get the coin there. Most likely has some extra added features and ideas he has saved for his own coin rather than adding to other coins. This all points to a pretty high likelihood of a successful coin.

+1 this coin will take off bro, just buy as much as u can before it does, between 10k and 100k for this one in the near future...it's ridiculously cheap
ashour

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 07:08:20 PM

+1 this coin will take off bro, just buy as much as u can before it does, between 10k and 100k for this one in the near future...it's ridiculously cheap
+10000000000000000  After Distro switch to PoS the price will explode because miners can't dump anymore
Rage19420

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:34:59 PM

+10000000000000000  After Distro switch to PoS the price will explode because miners can't dump anymore

When is the approximate date for POS to kick in?
ashour

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 08:40:16 PM

When is the approximate date for POS to kick in?

8 days                                     
szenekonzept
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1012

Europecoin Financecloud API

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 08:50:42 PM

Cheesy My two little sweet Powerstakers .... I can't get enough watching them!

Goldshredder

Activity: 249
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:01:55 PM

This development is interesting.  I have a few questions and concerns.

1. With all due respect, why is "the developers logo (RAXE) in huge letters" the most dominant thing in this thread, and in the whitepaper?  If you were promoting "RAXE" or "RAXECoin" then sure, plaster away.  But as it stands, it is - when used to such a large and dominant degree - very distracting from the main point of the thread, which is not "RAXE", but "DistroCoin".  I believe you should have a serious think about the priorities of what is being promoted here - you??, or the coin (and it's own merits)??

2. You need to be more specific about the things you want for bounty-work. Saying "have at it, folks, whatever you think of" isn't the most effective motivator, imo. It invites community apathy. If you give people at least semi- specific things to work towards then it may attract the attention and work of specific people. What do you actually want the community to look at contributing?

3. Please report on progress with iOS wallet. Is there even a vague ETA? e.g. "probably within a month"? something else?  It's one thing to say something is coming, but another to keep the community's interest and faith that it is actually happening.
arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:12:21 PM

1. With all due respect, why is "the developers logo (RAXE) in huge letters" the most dominant thing in this thread, and in the whitepaper?  If you were promoting "RAXE" or "RAXECoin" then sure, plaster away.  But as it stands, it is - when used to such a large and dominant degree - very distracting from the main point of the thread, which is not "RAXE", but "DistroCoin".  I believe you should have a serious think about the priorities of what is being promoted here - you??, or the coin (and it's own merits)??

2. You need to be more specific about the things you want for bounty-work. Saying "have at it, folks, whatever you think of" isn't the most effective motivator, imo. It invites community apathy. If you give people at least semi- specific things to work towards then it may attract the attention and work of specific people. What do you actually want the community to look at contributing?

3. Please report on progress with iOS wallet. Is there even a vague ETA? e.g. "probably within a month"? something else?  It's one thing to say something is coming, but another to keep the community's interest and faith that it is actually happening.

1.   So what coin are you a device for? Lol ball buster.. 
sounds like a troll to me.... stop crying buddy, Yeh they have an awesome software development company that if this coin takes off everyone will know about.  Beneficial to both their coin and their company.

2. Yeh they already have a solid development plan, if ya have any good ideas share Em. .. they are pro developers

3. ETA? What is this a mail service? Sounds like useless trash talk to me.   I'd say about a month sounds like a fair time frame.  What would you prefer?  May 26th at 9:53 am? Be realistic ya troll

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
Soulmate

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:17:53 PM

The coin looks interesting but there is a very large supply of coins. If the supply could be reduced to 30 million then we could see 0.0001 BTC per coin minimum imho.
jibble

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:18:04 PM

1 and 3 are valid points, More activity and updates on this thread would also promote a higher trade volume.

But you have to understand with number 2. This dev has made countless wallets and websites for other coins and has proven their coding skills and sold their skills for hire. offering bounties for specific things? that they themselves have already coded hundreds of times? or have the knowledge to do so themselves?

So for the Dev to supply any exact bounty plans wouldn't really work, anything he can think of he can code, but if anyone who supports the coin from the community wants to do something for the coin, they can msg him and likely will be paid in some form of bounty

necros

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:19:00 PM

Awesome coin, but i think the dev should cut the supply in half, or even less.
100 million is too much.
McNulty

Activity: 539

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:30:28 PM

Awesome coin, but i think the dev should cut the supply in half, or even less.
100 million is too much.

it's after POS, after POW it's 12.5 million
Goldshredder

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:34:33 PM

1 and 3 are valid points, More activity and updates on this thread would also promote a higher trade volume.

But you have to understand with number 2. This dev has made countless wallets and websites for other coins and has proven their coding skills and sold their skills for hire. offering bounties for specific things? that they themselves have already coded hundreds of times? or have the knowledge to do so themselves?

So for the Dev to supply any exact bounty plans wouldn't really work, anything he can think of he can code, but if anyone who supports the coin from the community wants to do something for the coin, they can msg him and likely will be paid in some form of bounty

Point taken and I agree. I withdraw my statements regarding 2.

I am still interested in 1 and 3, should anyone care to comment on them.

arteleis, I have no allegiance to any other coin nor any negative agenda here. On the contrary, I have invested in DIS and would like to see it go far. That is why I am here and asking questions I believe pertinent to it's future.  Please don't insult me Smiley
McNulty

Activity: 539

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 10:45:31 PM

Shocked Huh

Net Hashrate
14.46 GH/s
nfox

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 10:48:32 PM

Shocked Huh

Net Hashrate
14.46 GH/s
strange, yesterday it was 2 GH/s I think..
Raxe.io (OP)

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 11:39:00 PM

Point taken and I agree. I withdraw my statements regarding 2.

I am still interested in 1 and 3, should anyone care to comment on them.

arteleis, I have no allegiance to any other coin nor any negative agenda here. On the contrary, I have invested in DIS and would like to see it go far. That is why I am here and asking questions I believe pertinent to it's future.  Please don't insult me Smiley

1.) RAXE is to show that it is a software development backed coin,  people can look into what we have developed. This is the reason for the company logo. DISTROCOIN has it's own predominant logo as well and we feel it's the marketing centre piece. That's just how we chose to market it - on the basis of development strength.

2.) When we asked those things, we are looking specifically for creative ideas and community input. In our eyes this is the complete opposite of apathy as it stimulates creative ideas and intellectual development not only software development but other growth and development. We can make more specific bounties for people if they would like but we would like to know first what the community wants to develop.

3.) The ETA for the iOS Wallet is 6 days now, in a post yesterday we stated it will be around a week ETA.

Thanks for the input everyone we appreciate all questions and stimulating conversation.

The android application has also been upgraded as well.

Kind Regards,

Raxe.

Raxe.io / Example wallet: http://wallet.raxe.io
Goldshredder

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:00:04 AM

Thanks very much to your comments Raxe.io.  I like the sound of the iOS wallet timeframe.  Hope it goes well!

I'd like to ask if we can agree upon an "official" capitalisation standard for use when officially referring to this coin.

Is is DISTROCOIN?

Or DistroCoin?

Or Distrocoin?

I know this doesn't matter to some people, but believe me it does to some - we need a consistent official way of capitalising the coin's name when used formally.

It's not something that should be appearing one way in one article and another way in a different one, etc etc.
Raxe.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 12:06:53 AM

Thanks very much to your comments Raxe.io.  I like the sound of the iOS wallet timeframe.  Hope it goes well!

I'd like to ask if we can agree upon an "official" capitalisation standard for use when officially referring to this coin.

Is is DISTROCOIN?

Or DistroCoin?

Or Distrocoin?

I know this doesn't matter to some people, but believe me it does to some - we need a consistent official way of capitalising the coin's name when used formally.

It's not something that should be appearing one way in one article and another way in a different one, etc etc.

No problem thanks for your questions. Personally we just like the shorthand "DISTRO" when talking about the currency value. "DistroCoin" is a nice name for the coin we feel.

Raxe.io (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 12:10:52 AM

To get community involvement we have also decided that the community decides on the development you want next. So please community suggestions are welcomed and at the end we will have a vote, then we will place a bounty for the specific development. We DO NOT want to go along the road of anonymous transactions as we don't believe it lends itself to transparency and mainstream adoption at this point.

jibble

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:16:43 AM

To get community involvement we have also decided that the community decides on the development you want next. So please community suggestions are welcomed and at the end we will have a vote, then we will place a bounty for the specific development. We DO NOT want to go along the road of anonymous transactions as we don't believe it lends itself to transparency and mainstream adoption at this point.

will this be a side line thing running with things according to the whitepaper? or instead of, because the whitepaper and your ideas and plans from it are what is drawing mine and many peoples interests
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: