Bitcoin Forum
July 11, 2024, 07:42:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we abort the 9/19 fork and revisit changes at a later date?
Abort - Keep the coin the same. - 1 (25%)
Go Forward - Fork at midnight GMT on Friday 9/19 - 3 (75%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SPT] - Spots - Cryptsy | Fork 9/19 | Scrypt | Introducing Reward Reduction  (Read 93329 times)
AmericanComputerNerd (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

"Change is the only constant." -Heraclitus

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 12:04:29 PM

Hi AmericanComputerNerd. I have a question, is this a revival of the old coin "spots" or is this a new coin with the same name? I'll hang up and listen.

This is the old coin, just forked.  After being abandoned by the previous dev and nearly dying out, this is a community led revival.  The blockchain was forked to Scrypt-N for ASIC resistance and the Diff Adjustments were changed to KGW to fix an unstable blockchain with wild diff swings.

Our fork happened over the weekend and has been successful, with the exception of the large exchanges upgrading their clients.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 12:06:29 PM

Hi AmericanComputerNerd. I have a question, is this a revival of the old coin "spots" or is this a new coin with the same name? I'll hang up and listen.

This is the old coin, just forked.  After being abandoned by the previous dev and nearly dying out, this is a community led revival.  The blockchain was forked to Scrypt-N for ASIC resistance and the Diff Adjustments were changed to KGW to fix an unstable blockchain with wild diff swings.

Our fork happened over the weekend and has been successful, with the exception of the large exchanges upgrading their clients.
I'll see what i can do about getting cryptsy to upgrade their client, Ultimately the decision will be theirs, but i can bring it to their attention since i've known a few of the staff members for some time.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 12:15:18 PM

Thanks.  As far as Cryptsy is concerned, it's been radio silent, with the exception of a note one of our community members managed to get to BigVern that said they were aware of the fork...  Any response would be nice! 

FreshDesk tickets 135126 and 136481 have been being processed by a "Mullick" Tier 2 Support Manager with no response for almost 2 weeks.  They can reference these specifically, but several have been submitted by other members.
Matory

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 12:46:21 PM

Cryptsy's support is way too crap. I suggest rather than making your exchange, apply for smaller and well managed exchanges like bittrex and poloneix.

Awesome!  I have three open tickets and only one it's responded.
r3wt

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:15:56 PM

Regarding the updates at Coins-E.com and Cryptsy.com...  In both cases the administrators of those sites were made aware of the planned fork almost 2 weeks ago.  To date it appears neither site has taken action to upgrade their software to v2 as of this writing.

If you use either site I recommend that the community members submit support tickets to have the client upgraded, so these administrators understand the fork is community supported and they are impacting several people.  I am continuing to update support tickets to try to bring this to resolution.

Additionally, as a back-up plan, I believe with a few nights of programming I can launch a SPT / BTC exchange on our website.  In an environment that is supposed to be decentralized, I am realizing that we have given an inappropriate amount of power to a few exchanges.  These sites are holding up our progress as a community, without any good reason...  It isn't, and shouldn't be, acceptable...

Cryptsy's support is way too crap. I suggest rather than making your exchange, apply for smaller and well managed exchanges like bittrex and poloneix.

poloniex? now thats just hilarious.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
shivamchawla

Activity: 466

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 02:18:22 PM

Regarding the updates at Coins-E.com and Cryptsy.com...  In both cases the administrators of those sites were made aware of the planned fork almost 2 weeks ago.  To date it appears neither site has taken action to upgrade their software to v2 as of this writing.

If you use either site I recommend that the community members submit support tickets to have the client upgraded, so these administrators understand the fork is community supported and they are impacting several people.  I am continuing to update support tickets to try to bring this to resolution.

Additionally, as a back-up plan, I believe with a few nights of programming I can launch a SPT / BTC exchange on our website.  In an environment that is supposed to be decentralized, I am realizing that we have given an inappropriate amount of power to a few exchanges.  These sites are holding up our progress as a community, without any good reason...  It isn't, and shouldn't be, acceptable...

poloniex? now thats just hilarious.

Haha...i was talking about support not speed :p
milly6
Legendary

Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 03:16:37 PM

we need more information about sports coin and dev plan.

This is an old coin by infamous scammer "iGotSpots" Just walk away.

Eyes open, No Fear. Be Safe! Trinity: Currency Without Bias
milly6
Legendary

Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 03:18:35 PM

I am assuming that "AmericanComputerNerd" is a shill/puppet account for "iGotSpots" and he is pretending to be a different person.

Eyes open, No Fear. Be Safe! Trinity: Currency Without Bias

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 03:54:35 PM

I am assuming that "AmericanComputerNerd" is a shill/puppet account for "iGotSpots" and he is pretending to be a different person.

I'm sorry you feel this way.  I am not associated with igotspots at all.  He has not been involved or associated with the re-write.  Myself and MrData have both reached out to him to see if he would rejoin the community.  MrData was able to get a response (as referenced in the thread), my attempts were ignored.

I believe in the concepts behind this coin and saw a community that had been abandoned.  The Crypto to Precious Metals concept has not been fully explored, and allows for a transition from virtual reality to physical reality.

Further the community was begging for igotspots to fix the coin towards the end.  If he was going to re-emerge to fix the coin, why would he do it through a puppet account and not just be the hero people wanted?
MrData

Activity: 290

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 04:35:20 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2014, 07:20:15 PM by MrData

Just my 2 cents here but I have no reason to believe that AmericanComputerNerd is iGotSpots. iGotSpots quit working on Spots long ago and has moved on to SHA coins now due to his Paysha venture.

CoinPayments - The original multi-cryptocurrency payment processor.
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 04:50:44 PM

anyone able to confirm if cryptsy is on the most recent fork?
MrData

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 05:12:15 PM

No, it doesn't look like they've switched over yet; I sent a test deposit and it hasn't shown up. We did give them 2 weeks notice to upgrade though.

mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 05:42:24 PM

This is the old coin, just forked.  After being abandoned by the previous dev and nearly dying out, this is a community led revival.  The blockchain was forked to Scrypt-N for ASIC resistance and the Diff Adjustments were changed to KGW to fix an unstable blockchain with wild diff swings.

I'll see what i can do about getting cryptsy to upgrade their client, Ultimately the decision will be theirs, but i can bring it to their attention since i've known a few of the staff members for some time.

Thanks for the message.

The support tickets about this were in the wrong category. Sorry about that

Since this wasnt forked from an existing repo I will have to do a code review Sad

Should be back online on the new fork today or tonight
shivamchawla

Activity: 466

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 06:05:05 PM

Thanks for the message.

Since this wasnt forked from an existing repo I will have to do a code review Sad

Finally, we were waiting for a long time for this
MrData

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 06:07:22 PM

Thanks Mullick, if it helps at all the 1st block of the hardfork was 96288 / 976e80f3485e0df98e15d8dc5271e836f83ef473fec11542c99e2bf82002da3c.
The last block on the old blockchain was 67383e2ac2876f1cdc66f9c66a681ffdbeaf04a4bd7993431d29008f62f62e8e.

r3wt

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 06:08:28 PM

Thanks for the message.

Thank you for checking it out.

It might be, but it doesn't seem like this is Spots. Just my opinion. regardless, i think the exchanges need to be on the new fork if everything AmericanComputerNerd has said is true and checks out.

Desten

Activity: 357

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:08:16 PM

Thanx for reply, Mullick. At your cryptsy there are lot of tickets without any reply for weeks and even months. I have a few of them without any reaction or just closing without answer. Maybe this (spots wallet upgrade) will be fixed asap.

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 07:26:38 PM

Thanks everyone, especially r3wt for pulling some strings to get us personal attention!  It's exciting to see that we'll be back online at Cryptsy soon (fingers crossed!).  It's also very exciting that aside from a minor delay with the exchanges our fork has gone very well!!!

Like I've said in a few other posts, let's try to keep our environment positive and focused on moving the community forward.  Mullick has provided a personal response and is reviewing the code now.  Let's not speak poorly of the exchanges (at least on this thread.)

Thank you again everyone!
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 07:27:09 PM

I'll see what i can do about getting cryptsy to upgrade their client, Ultimately the decision will be theirs, but i can bring it to their at

It might be, but it doesn't seem like this is Spots. Just my opinion. regardless, i think the exchanges need to be on the new fork if everything AmericanComputerNerd has said is true and checks out.

If it was IGotSpots he likely would have sent an email to my personal email about it. I gave that up somewhere along the line

Unless he doesnt want anyone to know
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 07:33:55 PM

Its not me. I told them in PM they can do whatever they want and I won't resist. I don't really have much time anymore for issues related to one coin specifically

Thanks for taking the project over. Good luck

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: