Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:39:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEMstake tokens are listed on Nxt asset exchange  (Read 74311 times)
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 08:47:46 PM

Here are three examples of how proper NXT passphrases should look like:

Code:
LA9>9QZ7N[K3zoUvBbK76;}EeFyNB{.W3x4K=DDvZ7@L7=n,ip

Code:
w]K6%t6M8}o2Y;9>mGCy7b{6xy9^BECAiUs9(VR/pKXDUT(9HF

Code:
g,N*T93mw*QCJ@Bu82yc8WY]JEj[DC/7YdYQH8v%4Pqiw&%7B3

I securely save all my passwords with 1Password:  https://agilebits.com/onepassword

Does a password manager protect against keyloggers?

yes they do.. i use keepass.. even when you copy paste from keepass the keelogers cant get it..

Keylogger will capture all copy & paste. Use Auto-Type Obfuscation instead with keypass

in seriousness if you have a keylogger on your system, you are already in serious trouble as it can steal the encrypted files

Use something like https://www.malwarebytes.org

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:22:53 PM

Here are three examples of how proper NXT passphrases should look like:

Code:
LA9>9QZ7N[K3zoUvBbK76;}EeFyNB{.W3x4K=DDvZ7@L7=n,ip

Code:
w]K6%t6M8}o2Y;9>mGCy7b{6xy9^BECAiUs9(VR/pKXDUT(9HF

Code:
g,N*T93mw*QCJ@Bu82yc8WY]JEj[DC/7YdYQH8v%4Pqiw&%7B3

I securely save all my passwords with 1Password:  https://agilebits.com/onepassword

Does a password manager protect against keyloggers?

yes they do.. i use keepass.. even when you copy paste from keepass the keelogers cant get it..

Keylogger will capture all copy & paste. Use Auto-Type Obfuscation instead with keypass

in seriousness if you have a keylogger on your system, you are already in serious trouble as it can steal the encrypted files

Use something like https://www.malwarebytes.org

guys stop using WINDOWS you will not need any of this
and you will be safer.

Vicodin

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 09:28:46 PM

Up,

I sent you a PM for a NEMstake.

Thank you!

nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:02:22 PM

How miuch more expensive is the NEM on the asset exchange compared to when it was originally released?

About 100x more than when the stakes were distributed, and there is no even public alpha client, crazy! I mean what are people thinking? Smiley

I feel like a complete idiot right now, i bought a stake last week at 15K of NXT,
After reading posts here and on the NXT forum, alot of people were saying they were overpriced, and that 3-5K is the more realistic value.
Around this time i saw there was a dip on the AE, and they were only selling for 13K, but i was forgetting this was because NXT was 10c each, and i sold them thinking i would loose out.
Now i see they are trading at over 22K!

I really want to buy another NEM stake, but are all these claims correct about them being worth 100,000 NXT when alpha launches?
If NXT jumps back to 10c or more, they would have to be worth $10,000!

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Coinsy

Activity: 163

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:11:58 PM

How miuch more expensive is the NEM on the asset exchange compared to when it was originally released?

About 100x more than when the stakes were distributed, and there is no even public alpha client, crazy! I mean what are people thinking? Smiley

I feel like a complete idiot right now, i bought a stake last week at 15K of NXT,
After reading posts here and on the NXT forum, alot of people were saying they were overpriced, and that 3-5K is the more realistic value.
Around this time i saw there was a dip on the AE, and they were only selling for 13K, but i was forgetting this was because NXT was 10c each, and i sold them thinking i would loose out.

I really want to buy another NEM stake, but are all these claims correct about them being worth 100,000 NXT when alpha launches?

That's why you don't day trade. It's highly likely an NEM stake could be worth anywhere from $10,000 to $30,000 a year from now. All it needs to do is reside among the top 5 market caps. Keep that thought in mind, don't worry about what it might be worth next week.
nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:24:48 PM

That's why you don't day trade. It's highly likely an NEM stake could be worth anywhere from $10,000 to $30,000 a year from now. All it needs to do is reside among the top 5 market caps. Keep that thought in mind, don't worry about what it might be worth next week.

Yes i agree, the problem is im new to trading and make foolish, impulse decisions because from what i see on the charts and read here.

The best thing i can do is stay away from the computer!

freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:29:00 PM

Yes i agree, the problem is im new to trading and make foolish, impulse decisions because from what i see on the charts and read here.

Buy a stake or part of it and keep it
if you want to gamble go play some slots or poker Wink

Spider

Activity: 171

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 10:45:05 PM

Just don't sell it cheaper than you paid for it. That's exactly what THEY want. Wink

forum.nem.io
Vicodin

Activity: 226

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:55:10 AM

Yes that is frustrating,

But you learned from it and all you have to do is buy another stake or two, and in the end you will make that money back plus much much more!!

nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:16:55 AM

Yes that is frustrating,

But you learned from it and all you have to do is buy another stake or two, and in the end you will make that money back plus much much more!!

I hope so, but im not going to buy back until NXT gets higher, it looks like its on its way back up again

zorkafdo

Activity: 207

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 05:11:25 AM

Some educated guesses:

The actual price is actually too cheap. This may be the consequence of early dumpers and some little market manipulation due to the still small number of transactions. But it is not a matter for concern. First, according to the plan, in approximately 1 week, UP will close the token distributions. Then, there will be a limited amount of NEM stakes circulating (not early dumpers)  which will create some sense of scarcity
Alpha launch will show all the potential of the NEM. If it is massively marketed, then it will be a pressure to get more stakes at the NXT AE. Then, it will come the auction which also will set a new value of the coin. So guys, don't sell so cheap; just wait 1-2 months; I'm sure that the stake price will be higher at that time (possibly 100-150k) and that even before the beta release and exchange of real NEM money.
Personally, I will not claim any token. I will wait until the release and the possibility to trade coins instead of stakes. Additionally, with my wife we are planning to open a small-scale business in which I want to use NEMs. We live close to a University and several high-schools. There are a lot of students that need to have lunch at midday. We are going to open a website in which you can reserve a healthy lunch (to be payed with NEMs). Just simple. You enter to the website, book your lunch, pay with NEMs and then you will receive a number which you can use to claim your lunch. Smiley I don't expect to make me rich with this, but on the one hand it will be fun and on the other, it will be a way to introduce new people to the movement. Of course, this is only will happen after V1 release and the possibility to get decent BTC - NXT - fiat (why not?) / NEM exchanges. I like very much this trading operations but I think the key to survival will be the small scale economy.  

Yes, the current price is way too less than its lower median. Very nice analysis and a really good idea in setting up your store and accept NEM.
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:14:52 AM

Hi, im a shareholder (thank to being informed early in my job full of IT geeks Smiley) and im still not sure about selling any part of my NEMshare at asset exchange. Im not continually watching the scene (it seems to be a joke as i have written to utopianfuture in PM) and I have noticed many things.

First one, NXT network is empty. When i wake up i see below 10 transactions per hour in the whole network. I bet that the rise and fall of NXT price last days is just made by NEMshare buyers and sellers. Few days ago more people were buying NXT than selling (logic: you must buy NXT to buy NEM and nobody can sell because nobody has sold NEM in first phase of trading) = price went up. After that still more people were buying than selling, price still went up. Now the people who sold NEMs are selling so the price goes down and will keep plummeting for a while until they sell out. Im not gonna to sell now to suffer double loss.

Second one, NEM has a big chance to overtake many NXT advantages and positives. Many people may say that NXT has a big advantage of "being first", thats true but in history the most successfull projects were usually not the first developed/discovered ones but the first well managed or financed or distributed or popularized (...) ones. The NXT gap in popularity is markant. I bet that 40 altcoins below NXT market value at coinmarketcap have more transactions and use than NXT. Now one transaction at NXT costs ridiculously high price and the price cointains almost the expectations based on technical aspects of NXT, not economical.
Technically is NXT good, no doubts. However i think NEM has a big chance to be a VHS vs beta NXT.

And the last one, did someone of common people not interested in crypto-scene ever hear about NXT? NEM? Nope. These projects are still equal comparing them from this side. The startline is still open for all "BTC 2.0" projects and no one did cross it for more than 1 micrometer. Remember doge, why it was successfull? Because the comunity. No matter how big shitcoin technically it was. Why it shades off now? Because the lack of technical innovation and sense.

Has there been any kind of open source coding from NEM? Is there a github link where I can see it?

NXT ticked me off by being closed source. I think NEM should be fully transparent at all steps.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:21:18 AM

NXT ticked me off by being closed source.

NXT has been open source for a long time now.
abstraktalias

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 10:03:03 AM

Seems like there's still roughly 600 Nemstakes available to be claimed, with the first 400 going to 3 kinds of people - NEM enthusiasts, NEM whales and NEM early dumpers. 

I'm guessing not everyone follows this thread or the development of NEM on a daily basis, there's still probably a large amount of people who are on the stakeholders list and don't know about the NXT AE or have yet to claim them, but that's pure speculation on my part.

Are there any statistics available on the amount claimed vs. the amount sold on the NXT AE?  I would like to know how many people claimed a NEMstake just to hold.  The higher the number the better in my opinion. 

The early dumpers are a good thing as it gets rid of people who aren't that interested in the development of NEM and just want to cash out, but several accounts holding more than 2 NEMstakes doesn't bode well for the NEM either. 

The distribution model is one of the better things NEM has going for it.  I'm wondering if the NXT AE has ruined that to a certain extent. If it turns out that only a dozen or so guys are holding 10 plus stakes than this discourages new members joining this community.  That's not what anyone wants to see as far as the long term success of this coin is concerned.   

Thoughts from anyone more informed than me would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 10:08:40 AM

Seems like there's still roughly 600 Nemstakes available to be claimed, with the first 400 going to 3 kinds of people - NEM enthusiasts, NEM whales and NEM early dumpers.  

I'm guessing not everyone follows this thread or the development of NEM on a daily basis, there's still probably a large amount of people who are on the stakeholders list and don't know about the NXT AE or have yet to claim them, but that's pure speculation on my part.

Are there any statistics available on the amount claimed vs. the amount sold on the NXT AE?  I would like to know how many people claimed a NEMstake just to hold.  The higher the number the better in my opinion.  

The early dumpers are a good thing as it gets rid of people who aren't that interested in the development of NEM and just want to cash out, but several accounts holding more than 2 NEMstakes doesn't bode well for the NEM either.  

The distribution model is one of the better things NEM has going for it.  I'm wondering if the NXT AE has ruined that to a certain extent. If it turns out that only a dozen or so guys are holding 10 plus stakes than this discourages new members joining this community.  That's not what anyone wants to see as far as the long term success of this coin is concerned.  

Thoughts from anyone more informed than me would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

I think the NXT exchange was a good idea for latecomers, but i didnt like how the prices were pumped up so high, i also have read that some people were able to claim NEM stakes for only 40 NXT before being listed on the AE.
It was my fault for buying into the FUD about NEM and was advised by many that i paid too much for it at 15K, so i sold it thinking it was going to drop in value.
Now im going to have trouble buying one, i should have kept it.

Simakki

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 10:44:15 AM

Are there any statistics available on the amount claimed vs. the amount sold on the NXT AE?  I would like to know how many people claimed a NEMstake just to hold.  The higher the number the better in my opinion.  

The distribution model is one of the better things NEM has going for it.  I'm wondering if the NXT AE has ruined that to a certain extent. If it turns out that only a dozen or so guys are holding 10 plus stakes than this discourages new members joining this community.  That's not what anyone wants to see as far as the long term success of this coin is concerned.  

Thoughts from anyone more informed than me would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

I think the NXT exchange was a good idea for latecomers, but i didnt like how the prices were pumped up so high, i also have read that some people were able to claim NEM stakes for only 40 NXT before being listed on the AE.
It was my fault for buying into the FUD about NEM and was advised by many that i paid too much for it at 15K, so i sold it thinking it was going to drop in value.
no
Market decide the price, i don't see how it mean that price is somehow "pumped". People were able to participate NEM for 40NXT, when

Don't even get it why you invested at the first place?
Do you buy stocks or bonds and sell them instantly when price dips little bit?

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
abstraktalias

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:07:07 AM

I only want to know if the NXT AE has increased the number of NEMstake holders (even only owning 0.1 Nemstake) or decreased the number of NEMstake holders (i.e. less than the 400 issued thus far).  I'm not interested in what it's currently selling for as the market will always dictate the price. 

In any case I don't understand how a few posts on the NXT board could influence you to sell your stake at a lower price than you bought it at.  I'm afraid that decision was all your own doing no one else's. I lost my first BTC to day trading last year, but learnt a lot as a result of those mistakes.  I didn't blame anyone or even become disenchanted from crypto currency. It just made me more informed too look out for more interesting projects with an eye on the long term as opposed to just trying to make a quick buck. Today's price of NEM isn't even that important in my opinion, it's the level of participation and enthusiasm from the community that's of far greater interest to me personally.

I'm not selling any NEMstake, but I would encourage you to do more research and buy back in if you feel encouraged about what your read about NEM dev team and the amount of effort that is going into it.  Really smart, transparent devs are hard to find in the crypto world.
nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:14:54 AM

I only want to know if the NXT AE has increased the number of NEMstake holders (even only owning 0.1 Nemstake) or decreased the number of NEMstake holders (i.e. less than the 400 issued thus far).  I'm not interested in what it's currently selling for as the market will always dictate the price.  

In any case I don't understand how a few posts on the NXT board could influence you to sell your stake at a lower price than you bought it at.  I'm afraid that decision was all your own doing no one else's. I lost my first BTC to day trading last year, but learnt a lot as a result of those mistakes.  I didn't blame anyone or even become disenchanted from crypto currency. It just made me more informed too look out for more interesting projects with an eye on the long term as opposed to just trying to make a quick buck. Today's price of NEM isn't even that important in my opinion, it's the level of participation and enthusiasm from the community that's of far greater interest to me personally.

I'm not selling any NEMstake, but I would encourage you to do more research and buy back in if you feel encouraged about what your read about NEM dev team and the amount of effort that is going into it.  Really smart, transparent devs are hard to find in the crypto world.

Yes i do think its a good model, we will have to wait and see how it goes.
Alot of people were saying not to pay anymore than 3-5K for a NEM stake and gave a few calculations, it was partly my fault, i saw the prices dropping and thought that those comments were accurate, but i wasnt thinking about the high price of NXT at the time.
On the other side of the argument, i would like to know what benefits we will see with NEM that NXT cant offer?
Distribution seems to be the main thing, but correct me if im wrong.

mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:33:07 AM

Are there any statistics available on the amount claimed vs. the amount sold on the NXT AE?  I would like to know how many people claimed a NEMstake just to hold.  The higher the number the better in my opinion. 

The distribution model is one of the better things NEM has going for it.  I'm wondering if the NXT AE has ruined that to a certain extent. If it turns out that only a dozen or so guys are holding 10 plus stakes than this discourages new members joining this community.  That's not what anyone wants to see as far as the long term success of this coin is concerned.   

Thoughts from anyone more informed than me would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

I only want to know if the NXT AE has increased the number of NEMstake holders (even only owning 0.1 Nemstake) or decreased the number of NEMstake holders (i.e. less than the 400 issued thus far).  I'm not interested in what it's currently selling for as the market will always dictate the price. 

In any case I don't understand how a few posts on the NXT board could influence you to sell your stake at a lower price than you bought it at.  I'm afraid that decision was all your own doing no one else's. I lost my first BTC to day trading last year, but learnt a lot as a result of those mistakes.  I didn't blame anyone or even become disenchanted from crypto currency. It just made me more informed too look out for more interesting projects with an eye on the long term as opposed to just trying to make a quick buck. Today's price of NEM isn't even that important in my opinion, it's the level of participation and enthusiasm from the community that's of far greater interest to me personally.

I'm not selling any NEMstake, but I would encourage you to do more research and buy back in if you feel encouraged about what your read about NEM dev team and the amount of effort that is going into it.  Really smart, transparent devs are hard to find in the crypto world.

Yes i do think its a good model, we will have to wait and see how it goes.
Alot of people were saying not to pay anymore than 3-5K for a NEM stake and gave a few calculations, it was partly my fault, i saw the prices dropping and thought that those comments were accurate, but i wasnt thinking about the high price of NXT at the time.
On the other side of the argument, i would like to know what benefits we will see with NEM that NXT cant offer?
Distribution seems to be the main thing, but correct me if im wrong.

alpha is coming, and then you'll (we all) see the benefits of NEM

IOTA
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:39:39 AM

alpha is coming, and then you'll (we all) see the benefits of NEM

Have you actually tested the alpha yourself?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: