Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:52:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Did you see the new thread?
Yes https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=875651.0
No

Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 500 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SUPERCOIN]First P2p Decentralized Trustless Anonymous Wallet Coming Soon  (Read 473346 times)
axsdf

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 12:50:43 PM

If there is any recommended pools you aware of, let us know, so we can get in touch with them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 12:52:05 PM

If there is any recommended pools you aware of, let us know, so we can get in touch with them.

you want to mine supercoin or want to tell Multipool not to mine Supercoin?
jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 12:54:25 PM

Don't cut the PoW. Stick to the original plan. So what if multipools control the supply. They control the hashrate. Its only fair. If anything, this still allows people to get a position in now who might otherwise be late to the game.

You don't need to cut PoW or cut the PoS rate. It would be greedy to do so. It would be as bad as DRK instamining then cutting the block reward. You don't want that kind of stench hanging around your coin trust me. the dev isn't here to cater to early adoptors screaming "cut the PoW". You are basically saying " I have a ton of Supercoin now, please cut the supply so my coins are worth more and I can get rich".

It doesn't work that way. If Supercoindev does cut PoW or lower the PoS rate, its an outright scam.

Supercoin is trading steady. good volume. It doesn't matter how many coins exist. The market will price the true value of Supercoin.

Reducing PoW immediately is unfair. What i felt was a good balance was stopping PoW after the next 3 block reward halving. (~25 days)
This means that PoW count will drop from 18.2 million to about 16 million. Not a huge drop but at least we won't suffer multipool dumps.
We could also drop PoS inflation also. Reducing PoS % rate will make super blocks feel even more special.
But it's really up to the dev. Also, 2 hard forks so close to each other isn't good. So it shouldn't be rushed.

Block reward halving happens in about 24 hours now.
So let's all first see how it goes after that shall we? Wink

provenceday
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:07:58 PM

Don't cut the PoW. Stick to the original plan. So what if multipools control the supply. They control the hashrate. Its only fair. If anything, this still allows people to get a position in now who might otherwise be late to the game.

You don't need to cut PoW or cut the PoS rate. It would be greedy to do so. It would be as bad as DRK instamining then cutting the block reward. You don't want that kind of stench hanging around your coin trust me. the dev isn't here to cater to early adoptors screaming "cut the PoW". You are basically saying " I have a ton of Supercoin now, please cut the supply so my coins are worth more and I can get rich".

It doesn't work that way. If Supercoindev does cut PoW or lower the PoS rate, its an outright scam.

Supercoin is trading steady. good volume. It doesn't matter how many coins exist. The market will price the true value of Supercoin.

Reducing PoW immediately is unfair. What i felt was a good balance was stopping PoW after the next 3 block reward halving. (~25 days)
This means that PoW count will drop from 18.2 million to about 16 million. Not a huge drop but at least we won't suffer multipool dumps.
We could also drop PoS inflation also. Reducing PoS % rate will make super blocks feel even more special.
But it's really up to the dev. Also, 2 hard forks so close to each other isn't good. So it shouldn't be rushed.

Block reward halving happens in about 24 hours now.
So let's all first see how it goes after that shall we? Wink

Without Multipool dump, it's really good for Supercoin. but what i can say is that i run some Multipools, i know if mining Supercoin is profitable, even we reduce the block reward, we may need to suffer Another 20 days dump.

so best is cut the pow directly and turn the left pow coin to pos coin. it fair to everyone.

if you think this is unfair, tell me the reason?
Rnbin

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:13:00 PM

Is this multipool dump you guys are talking about being automated ? for what amounts does it sell each time then and how often ?
bitrap

Activity: 72

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:15:09 PM

After the first half, this coin will probably rise up in price a few thousand sats then sit steady again until the next halve.

If PoW ends at the same time Anon is officially released, this coin will take off faster than Clark Kent whenever Lois Lane is in trouble.
jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:19:40 PM

After the first half, this coin will probably rise up in price a few thousand sats then sit steady again until the next halve.

If PoW ends at the same time Anon is officially released, this coin will take off faster than Clark Kent whenever Lois Lane is in trouble.

lol. Supercoin will warp time by spinning the earth so fast if PoW is shortened. If not, it'll just be a more comfortable ride up. Grin

provenceday
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:20:15 PM

Is this multipool dump you guys are talking about being automated ? for what amounts does it sell each time then and how often ?

They will dump ASAP when their mined coin get confirmed.
bitrap

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:22:32 PM

Yes it's automated. If I understand correctly, multipools mine the most profitable altcoins then immediately convert them to BTC then pay them out. I'd say they dump around 10-30k coins at a time, eating up all of the top Buy orders. This artificially deflates the value of the coin because the true value is in it's innovation, something that multipools have no interest in.
provenceday
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:22:32 PM

lol. Supercoin will warp time by spinning the earth so fast if PoW is shortened. If not, it'll just be a more comfortable ride up. Grin

No need to shorten the pow, just put all the left pow coin to pos phase, it's fair to everyone.
provenceday
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:23:22 PM

Yes it's automated. If I understand correctly, some multipools mine the most profitable altcoins then immediate convert them to BTC then pay them out. I'd say they dump around 10-30k coins at a time, eating up all of the top Buy orders. This artificially deflates the value of the coin because the true value is in it's innovation, something that multipools have no interest in.

Multipool is vampire...i know them.
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:25:57 PM

Its unfair because Devs are not central bankers.

The developer sets the network. network should be allowed to run its course. If prices drop, devs shouldn't be allowed to cut supply. You might ask yourself why but let me ask you this. If prices were to to rocket to the moon, should the dev be allowed to increase supply?

If your answer is no to increasing supply, then the answer should be no to cutting supply.

It becomes a scam when you tell people "yes there will be 12 million coins over 1 year" then turn around 3 months later and say "just kidding, we are cutting suppy at 3 million". This would force a liquidity squeeze, send the price higher and reward early adopters.  

But that is exactly what you want right? Cut the supply after you have had your fill of coins and artificially pump the price? Sorry man. You argument for cutting supply hold no weight. So what if multipools sell coins at market? They control the hashrate, they earn those coins fair and square. If you want to compete with them, get yourself enough hashrate, mine supercoin and hoard them.

If multipools are mining supercoin and dumping, then clearly the price is too high and liquidity needs to be injected. I welcome multipools because if I am trying to buy big blocks of coins, why should I be forced to pay a higher price? This is were multipools are a godsend. while everyone is hoarding, multipools are liquidity providers. They will sell to me. Amazing.

I can provide more points but this should suffice. Its becoming clear that you only care about the price going higher. the only time PoW or PoS should be cut is when there was a clear error in the development of the coin. Two examples would be CENT and NINJA. Clear coding errors that hyper-inflated and ultimately killed the coins. Supercoin is not suffering from that so I don't see any problems with the way things are right now.
supercointeam (OP)

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:28:31 PM

Any info on our dev's talk with polo?
I don't have any answer yet, their investigation should be continuing.
tokyoghetto
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:28:37 PM

Yes it's automated. If I understand correctly, multipools mine the most profitable altcoins then immediately convert them to BTC then pay them out. I'd say they dump around 10-30k coins at a time, eating up all of the top Buy orders. This artificially deflates the value of the coin because the true value is in it's innovation, something that multipools have no interest in.

wrong. The value of a network is in its current market value, determined by price on an open exchange. Innovation has nothing to do with it.

Its not artificial because open exchanges are driven by supply and demand. If demand is high, multipools mine "the most profitable coin" and match the demand with supply.

Thi is a good thing.
supercointeam (OP)

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:31:09 PM

UPDATE!

Supercoin Android price ticker
- Logo changed!
Go to Android Play store to download

Sincerely,

Wiskunde
Thank you.
zuyfg888

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:32:24 PM

The developer sets the network. network should be allowed to run its course. If prices drop, devs shouldn't be allowed to cut supply. You might ask yourself why but let me ask you this. If prices were to to rocket to the moon, should the dev be allowed to increase supply?

If your answer is no to increasing supply, then the answer should be no to cutting supply.

It becomes a scam when you tell people "yes there will be 12 million coins over 1 year" then turn around 3 months later and say "just kidding, we are cutting suppy at 3 million". This would force a liquidity squeeze, send the price higher and reward early adopters.  

But that is exactly what you want right? Cut the supply after you have had your fill of coins and artificially pump the price? Sorry man. You argument for cutting supply hold no weight. So what if multipools sell coins at market? They control the hashrate, they earn those coins fair and square. If you want to compete with them, get yourself enough hashrate, mine supercoin and hoard them.

If multipools are mining supercoin and dumping, then clearly the price is too high and liquidity needs to be injected. I welcome multipools because if I am trying to buy big blocks of coins, why should I be forced to pay a higher price? This is were multipools are a godsend. while everyone is hoarding, multipools are liquidity providers. They will sell to me. Amazing.

I can provide more points but this should suffice. Its becoming clear that you only care about the price going higher. the only time PoW or PoS should be cut is when there was a clear error in the development of the coin. Two examples would be CENT and NINJA. Clear coding errors that hyper-inflated and ultimately killed the coins. Supercoin is not suffering from that so I don't see any problems with the way things are right now.
I agree with your point of view, and CRYPT can continue mining at present, we should consider to reduce inflation.
XC      3.33%
CRYPT 2.75%
Super  100%???WTF!!!

We should reduce to
- 1st year:  10%
- 2nd year: 5%
- 3rd and subsequent years: 1% ;

Thanks dev.
jakiman
Legendary

jakiman is back!

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:35:47 PM

+1 I agree with you there. Thanks to multipool, I was able to buy more today at lower than asking price.

tokyoghetto
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:38:30 PM

I agree with your point of view, and CRYPT can continue mining at present, we should consider to reduce inflation.
XC      3.33%
CRYPT 2.75%
Super  100%???WTF!!!

We should reduce to

Thanks dev.

wrong. HBN/PHS/TEK have already proven that high interest doesn't have a negative effect on price. Sunny King, the developer of PPC and the innovator of PoS, has already said that 1% is too low. You need high interest to continue the supply. A currency needs to be stable in supply and demand. If not then it becomes a commodity.

Your reduction schedule doesn't make sense. Why 10% then 5%. Why every 12 Months? Seems like you just copied everyone else, who is copying everyone else.

I say we make it to 50% a month. Well because I feel like it should be. now you see how stupid that sounds. This is how people sound when they say "ohh 100% its too high lets make it 1%". Its because they feel like it and nothing more.

Also, high interest protects investors. If the price drops, then they can hold longer, stake more coins and get a better chance to get to break even. Without that opportunity, then when price drops, investors just dump and move on.

Like I said about cutting PoW supply, will apply to PoS reduction. The dev is not a central banker. if is starts acting like one, it defeats the whole purpose of having a trust-less network.

he should leave everything as is.
liteuser

Activity: 145

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:42:30 PM

XC      3.33%
CRYPT 2.75%
Super  100%???WTF!!!

We should reduce to

Thanks dev.

No, PoS is OK as it is. There is no need to reduce it. Listen to tokyoghetto:

BTC: 13GtfEPpEiq6jGCFJGCXAUVDehCFVvTaov
http://www.vultr.com/?ref=6838137
bitrap

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:43:26 PM

wrong. The value of a network is in its current market value, determined by price on an open exchange. Innovation has nothing to do with it.

Its not artificial because open exchanges are driven by supply and demand. If demand is high, multipools mine "the most profitable coin" and match the demand with supply.

Thi is a good thing.
I see what you're saying. My point is that the perceived value of the coin is down because of the MP dumps. Not everyone is privy to them, as you can tell. A lot just see the price and assume the worst.

MPs don't keep up with coin development, all they look at is if it will pay out the most BTC at the time. Once a halve hits, we'll see a price jump, then it'll level out again. Once the dumps are out of the picture, however, then the market will value the coins for what it's really meant to be for the future, just like the other, comparable coins.

MP dumps are like government fiat banker bailouts, inflating the market with more currency for a quick buck for the bankers at everyone else's expense. At least we know that PoW will be over soon enough!

That said, ultimately I trust where the SuperCoin devs decide to go with it. It looks like they know what they're doing.
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 500 »
  Print  

Jump to: