Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:41:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we "Like" a post?  (Read 23414 times)
Ceizer54

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 09:39:21 AM

I think the much better idea would be to have a "Thanks" button instead of "Like"
The thanks button will encourage more to the users and if someone help someone then the person can appreciate it by pressing the thanks button...Also it would be great if we have thanks meter too Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 11:09:51 AM

I think the much better idea would be to have a "Thanks" button instead of "Like"
 -snip-

'Like' can be used for thanking or for liking but not vice versa. So IMHO, like button is better.

master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 11:11:18 PM

This is a good idea. Will help sort out the quality and contributing posts from the bad sig spammy ones. Another forum I use to participate in (Digitalpoint) has a similar feature that seems to work quite well. They even use it as a posting restriction to certain forum boards like the marketplace so newbie spammers can't just start new sales threads or scams right off the bat.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
BurgerKill

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 11:44:58 PM

I also agree with this idea simply because it will get rid of the "+1" "agreed" "yeah totally" and other comments such as those.
btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2015, 11:58:42 PM

The thanks button will encourage more to the users and if someone help someone then the person can appreciate it by pressing the thanks button...Also it would be great if we have thanks meter too Grin
I suggest instead of thanks or like button we should have donate or tip button.If someone finds your post useful,informative or helpful,he can donate you a small pre-fixed amount of btc.This will highly encourage people to post more quality stuff and will also prevent asking or buying likes or thanks
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 12:08:19 AM

I also agree with this idea simply because it will get rid of the "+1" "agreed" "yeah totally" and other comments such as those.

No, it won't.

I find no value in "likes" or "+1" or "thumbs up" or whatever.  It's silly stuff invented for social media and it's really pointless.  Who cares what if a lot of people "like" something?  A lot of people are idiots.
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 09:35:59 AM

I dont understand the logic of having like or thank button.If people like your post,they can quote their post and appropriate word of appreciation would be more appropriate.People will resort to unethical ways to get like and thanks like buying them

minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 12:15:49 PM

I don't completely see why any of this is needed. Why can't people just keep their thoughts about a certain post to themselves unless they have anything further to add to the discussion.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 07:50:06 PM

I don't completely see why any of this is needed. Why can't people just keep their thoughts about a certain post to themselves unless they have anything further to add to the discussion.

well, for me there are many occasions when I wanted to say 'thanks' to some users but refrained from posting because I couldn't come up with something constructive to include on my post. in the end I didn't post anything and ended up feeling rather ungrateful.
the others might have different reasons for wanting this feature, but I would like it to be implemented for this exactly.
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 09:07:34 PM

well, for me there are many occasions when I wanted to say 'thanks' to some users but refrained from posting because I couldn't come up with something constructive to include on my post. in the end I didn't post anything and ended up feeling rather ungrateful.
the others might have different reasons for wanting this feature, but I would like it to be implemented for this exactly.
What keeps you from expressing your gratitude in a pm.If you find someone's post useful,shoot him a message informing him of your appreciation.What is the need of like or thank button for such rare occasions? Moreover if we have like or thank button,we must also have unlike button because on several occasions I strongly dislike what some people post in the name of Freedom of expression

btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2015, 09:16:35 PM

What keeps you from expressing your gratitude in a pm.If you find someone's post useful,shoot him a message informing him of your appreciation.What is the need of like or thank button for such rare occasions? Moreover if we have like or thank button,we must also have unlike button because on several occasions I strongly dislike what some people post in the name of Freedom of expression
I agree
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 11:28:48 PM

I agree

Unless that post was pure sarcasm, this is a model post on why we need a "Like" feature. I see too many of these posts around the forum.
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 09:29:07 AM

I see too many of these posts around the forum.
Then you should probably report them so that they get removed. Useless spam is against the rules on this forum.
1. Such posts like "SELL SELL SELL", "I agree", "+1"...
SamInTampa

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 01:50:33 AM

I recall Digg when it was a tech site with Kevin Rose just starting it, the voting system was manipulated to the point that a couple dozen people were always on the front page. This being a forum as opposed to a news aggregator, I don't see an issue with being able to like or dislike a topic or single post. I do see the potential of abuse via spam and advertising if the site were to have a prominent "most popular topics or posts" area. The up side would be similar to the trust system for trading here in finding quality people to follow in your areas of interest.
Athertle

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 01:56:00 AM

I recall Digg when it was a tech site with Kevin Rose just starting it, the voting system was manipulated to the point that a couple dozen people were always on the front page. This being a forum as opposed to a news aggregator, I don't see an issue with being able to like or dislike a topic or single post. I do see the potential of abuse via spam and advertising if the site were to have a prominent "most popular topics or posts" area. The up side would be similar to the trust system for trading here in finding quality people to follow in your areas of interest.

I doubt that such an area would be implemented if Vod's suggestion was added. That would, as you said, be paving the way for people abuse the system of "liking" posts.

nihilnegativum

Activity: 432
Merit: 251

––Δ͘҉̀░░

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 09:44:42 AM

I'm in favor of liking/disliking posts (weighed by trust score&user rank), but not if it means the whole forum is aggregated liked posts. There could be a separate sub-forum, where content would be aggregated by this criteria, plus you could have settings to enable ignore all posts below certain threshold.
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 11:19:31 PM

+1 Wink.

This would be a great feature. I know nodebb has this feature.

Well it is not 100% hackproof it gives users awareness of which posts are of value and which are bogus.

SMF already has this feature http://www.smfpacks.com/page/sa=likes
GermanFoobla

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 02:14:05 AM

A like feature would be great.
Vod (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2016, 03:48:35 PM

This thread has the most replies and the most views of any in this section.

The majority of people feel it's a good idea.

The two largest social networks, Facebook and Google+, allow you to show appreciation for a post.

I'm curious to see if the developers will include it.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2016, 03:55:43 PM

may it also serve as a requirement,  say a user needs to have atleast a number of liked post to be able to access some section.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀