Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:27:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Are Some of The Craziest Religions Out There?  (Read 4949 times)
LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 02:35:28 AM

The Church of Bob.

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dadugan

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:10:20 AM

Most religions are somewhat crazy in their believe. But Scientology stand out to be one of the craziest right now.
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:11:46 AM

I forgot pastafarianism they worship this giant fly spaghetti monster its more of a joke but its an actual religion.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Gimpeline

Activity: 555
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 12:10:20 PM

Presleyterians. They have something they call the 31 commandments. It's 31 kinds of food that followers of Elvis must keep in their home incase Elvis returns.
Instead of wisemen, they have 3 bluesmen. They think that hotdog is natures most perfect food and so on

Pretty crazy stuff
Trading
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:00:34 PM

I think a few members are suggesting that Satoshi is indeed the incarnation of Jesus, that came back for save us again, this time from the sinners that are managing central banks and are responsibles for the most ruthless sin of all, Quantitative Easing.
Super Mario (Draghi) seems to be the next sinner in line.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 09:25:18 PM

The Church of Bob.

Everyone: Shutup Bob, no one wants to join your religion.

Bob: Okay.

Anyway, as I stated, I believe Christianity, Islam, and Judaism are all far crazier than Googlism. Google is the one true god in this world (currently).

The FSM is a farce religion made to poke fun at a lot of the things in Christianity (the whole not believing in gravity is the same as not believing in gravity [because they are both theories]).

Scientology is just a giant scam for tax evasion. Sure, there's a few idiots that actually believe the religion and were taken for everything, but it's really just a "hey, let's put all our money away as the church. The church bought us these nice BMWs, non-taxed"

What other religions? Hinduism is really just Greek mythology that hasn't died out yet.

Buddhism really isn't a religion per se as much as it's just a way of living your life. It's non-secular, so can't really say anything bad about it.

roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 09:31:17 PM

In my opinion most craziest religions are :

-Judaism
-Christianity
-Islam

and other religions from over the world.

I am sorry I don't want to hurt anybody feelings but I feel like all of those religions are sects just to keep people under control.

That's why I don't have a God and I don't need it to be happy.

In my mind it would be crazy to believe in something that you cannot prove that exist. And you are letting someone to tell you what is the truth and what is not ... and you believe it as it is your religion. I don't get it.
nkocevar

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 10:28:43 PM

SatoshiIsm... The belief that satoshi nakamoto is god. This is of course my religion and I will admit that I am crazy Wink

LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 02:20:09 AM

SatoshiIsm... The belief that satoshi nakamoto is god. This is of course my religion and I will admit that I am crazy Wink

Well, at least you are more honest than most!

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
sir_doge_alot

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:39:24 AM

Anything to do with Christianity/Catholicism.  Also, fuck religion in general.

Freebiescoin - FQm9Eg2nC4fW2CVdCwGKFjzNF3quF2RQVb
Aimcoin - Ag2enFo4WP3Cw3TE8qcmaK12sZ8eABcMHN
nkocevar

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 11:31:02 AM

Well, at least you are more honest than most!

I may or not have been being sarcastic xD I personally am agnostic. I think that christianity/catholicism is one big conspiracy and a racket.

umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:02:55 PM

I guess people invent religions because of their need to believe in something. They are weak so they need someone that is said to protect them. As sometimes certain religions do not suit someone's needs, they start creating other religions. And this is how weird religions come up.

umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:09:10 PM

I forgot pastafarianism they worship this giant fly spaghetti monster its more of a joke but its an actual religion.
Church of the Flying Spagetti Monster is a little more political .As a movement, Pastafarianism parodies orthodox religion and opposes the teaching of creationism and intelligent design. For example, prayers end with the word ‘ramen’ instead of ‘amen’ – a nod to Japanese noodles. .......but still a goofy religion

dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:27:36 PM

The craziest religion in the world is 'the work ethic' - people who follow this religion feel duty bound to spend their entire life doing a tedious task repeatedly 8 hours every day for their whole life (though they seem to rest at the weekend)

It's strange cultish behavior, but it has a massive following and is probably one of the most popular religions in the world.

The followers seem to be indoctrinated into this cult from an early age by their parents - few manage to escape. Social pressure and the threat of being ostracized is used to control the adherents of this religion.

Few of the adherents are aware that they have willingly turned themselves into robotic slaves

DolanDuck

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:45:32 PM

Nuwaubianism

Nuwaubianism is an umbrella term used to refer to the doctrines and teachings of the followers of Dwight York. The Nuwaubians originated as a Black Muslim group in New York in the 1970s, and have gone through many changes since. Eventually, the group established a headquarters in Putnam County, Georgia in 1993, which they have since abandoned. York is now in prison after having been convicted on money laundering and child molestation charges, but Nuwaubianism endures. York developed Nuwaubianism by drawing on a wide range of sources which include Theosophy-derived New Age movements such as Astara as well as the Rosicrucians, Freemasonry, the Shriners, the Moorish Science Temple of America, the revisionist Christianity & Islam and the Qadiani cult of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, the numerology of Rashad Khalifa, and the ancient astronaut theories of Zecharia Sitchin. White people are said in one Nuwaubian myth to have been originally created as a race of killers to serve blacks as a slave army, but this plan went awry. Here is a list of some of the more unusual Nuwaubian beliefs:1. It is important to bury the afterbirth so that Satan does not use it to make a duplicate of the recently-born child
2. Furthermore, some aborted fetuses survive their abortion to live in the sewers, where they are being gathered and organized to take over the world
3. People were once perfectly symmetrical and ambidextrous, but then a meteorite struck Earth and tilted its axis causing handedness and shifting the heart off-center in the chest
4. Each of us has seven clones living in different parts of the world
5. Women existed for many generations before they invented men through genetic manipulation
6. Homo sapiens is the result of cloning experiments that were done on Mars using Homo erectus
7. Nikola Tesla came from the planet Venus
8. The Illuminati have nurtured a child, Satan’s son, who was born on 6 June 1966 at the Dakota House on 72nd Street in New York to Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis of the Rothschild/Kennedy families. The Pope was present at the birth and performed necromantic ceremonies. The child was raised by former U.S. president Richard Nixon and now lives in Belgium, where it is hooked up bodily to a computer called “The Beast 3M” or “3666.”The Nuwaubians built a city modelled on Ancient Egyptian buildings in Putnam County, Georgia (pictured above). It has now been demolished.

Source: http://listverse.com/2009/09/10/10-extremely-weird-religions/

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:58:15 PM

Christianity and Islam, these people actually believe there's an invisible man up in the sky watching us!

inb4 religious people rage Tongue
As an atheist I also believe this. But I think it's a drone controlled by the NSA.  Undecided

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:09:44 PM

I found "Universe People" religion pretty interesting and mystic, also a funny religion that I found Is "Jediism – The Jedi Religion" based on star wars , I don't know how I could believe In this but It sounds fun  Grin All religions are crazy in some way they are all based on belief - something that we don't really know but we believe In It, It's like imagination fruit.  It's so interesting that people believe in so much different religions but all of them are based on the same thing I guess, religion Is only for belief and nothing more. My new religion will be Jediism for some time  Grin
plateex

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:28:36 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Philip_Movement

something for royalists Cheesy

Trading
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:38:45 PM

Christianity and Islam, these people actually believe there's an invisible man up in the sky watching us!

inb4 religious people rage Tongue

Kids have invisible friends, so when they grow up they keep at least one. The function is the same, we are not alone, somebody is watching for us and listening to our grievances.  Grin

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:59:14 PM

all i know of is one:  Raelism.

they believe the tenants of Hindu, Muslim, etc.. except for a guy in the sky, they believe in space people who made us.

they look *extremely* down on underage sex.  and u can't join the religion if your a Catholic.

i am here.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: