Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:55:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Are Some of The Craziest Religions Out There?  (Read 4949 times)
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:19:11 AM

I say one of the craziest religions is Googlism.

http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/

And then Creativity.

http://creativitymovement.net/

ALL religions are crazy.

Including atheism.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:14:56 PM

Christianity and Islam, these people actually believe there's an invisible man up in the sky watching us!

inb4 religious people rage Tongue

Googlists also believe there's an invisible eye in the sky watching them. Nobody makes fun of them for this belief.
protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:02:29 PM

I say one of the craziest religions is Googlism.

http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/

And then Creativity.

http://creativitymovement.net/

ALL religions are crazy.

Including atheism.

Lets not start this again. Atheism by definition cannot be a religion, as it is not based on any kind of faith. Most atheists would change their mind about god if they saw any evidence of it.

I suppose some atheists could be described as "fundamental" or "antitheist", in that they would REFUSE to believe in god even if they had evidence for it, and push their views onto others similar to the way religious people push their view onto others. But that still doesn't make it a religion (I can see how these people could be seen as close-minded/stupid/annoying though, in much the same way as some religious people are close-minded/stupid/annoying)

On topic: I've always thought that Rastafari was a bit odd (even though most Rastas I've met have been pretty cool, nice guys), mainly the idea of Haille Selassie the king of Ethiopia being worshipped as a god. Reminds me a bit of Ancient Egypt, where the pharaohs were worshipped as divine. It would be funny if we worshipped the Queen of England here!
Trading
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:59:28 PM

An agnostic might be somebody without any kind of faith. An atheist that says god doesn't exist, might be accused of a faith decision, since he has no evidence that god doesn't exist.

At most, he can say, since I never seen any evidence, I don't believe there is a god, but he shouldn't say that he believe there is no god or that god doesn't exist.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 02:59:40 PM

An agnostic might be somebody without any kind of faith. An atheist that says god doesn't exist, might be accused of a faith decision, since he has no evidence that god doesn't exist.

At most, he can say, since I never seen any evidence, I don't believe there is a god, but he shouldn't say that he believe there is no god or that god doesn't exist.

You cannot prove a negative. Nor can you prove a positive 100%.

Your first sentence is incorrect, agnostics believe that the truth about god is unknown/unknowable. When an atheist says that god doesn't exist, he is not making a faith decision but a logical decision. True, he does not have any evidence that god does not exist (see above), but he believes that the chances are close enough to zero to say god does not exist. He also believes that the burden of proof is on the person making the claim (ie a religious person).

An analogy would be:

A car making very little noise drives past. You assume that it is a new-fangled electric car, but your friend tells you "No, it is actually an old broken car being pulled by a herd of invisible wildebeest. The invisible cats tied to the back help with braking."

Now, most logical people would not believe your friends explanation (even though of course it is possible, just very unlikely). That is exactly how an atheist feels about god. Although there is a miniscule chance that god exists, that could be said about anything at all i.e. invisible dragons/flying spaghetti monsters etc. That is how atheists CAN say, without faith, "I believe god doesn't exist"
Trading
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:47:14 PM

I'm not going to start a philosophic debate about prove. But if you read Popper, he will tell you that we can prove nothing, we can just disprove the alternatives. The truth is what resists empirical rejection, until we be able to disprove it.

You can prove a negative. You can prove that there isn't a cat inside a box or that it's impossible to insert something on a bottle. Every time you prove something positive, you just disproved all the opposite negatives.

When you say god don't exist, you are making an absolute assertion, basing on a believe. You have no evidence about that. It's not the same as saying there are no flying whales (and even saying that in absolute terms, is a risky assertion), because when talking about god you are talking about things they say are out of reality.

I agree, the burden of proof is on believers. So, you can say, I don't believe he exists, nobody show me evidence; but you can't say he doesn't exist. And even saying I believe he doesn't exist, is a believe, not based on evidence.

Is the same about aliens visiting earth. You can say I don't believe they are here. You can't say they don't exist or that they never were/are here.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 05:15:42 PM

I'm starting the Church of Satoshi.

Worshipers will be referred to as bitcoinites.

We will require a small tithe payable in bitcoin.

Satoshi sacrificed his wealth for your sins. Billions of dollars lay dorment so you can purchase your drugs on onion sites. Repent sinners.
Trading
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 05:20:28 PM

If you don't promise something, that church won't be very popular.

A church/religion is all about promising something in return for obedience.

At least, a couple of bitcoins or an increase on the price.

DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 05:46:57 PM

Christianity...it's like bible is provin existence of god, then spiderman comics are proving existence of spider-man.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 06:38:43 PM

If you don't promise something, that church won't be very popular.

A church/religion is all about promising something in return for obedience.

At least, a couple of bitcoins or an increase on the price.

Alright, every 0.1 btc tithed will give the price og bitcoin a "holy wall of hodl" for one minute stopping in from dropping below whatever price it's at the time you send the tithe.

And if it doesn't hold that means that your faith in Satoshi was not strong enough and you should tithe double next time to make up for your lack of faith.
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 06:52:14 PM

Everything exists, the universe is infinite.  Thoughts are but other dimensions we connect to partially.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 07:05:12 PM

Everything exists, the universe is infinite.  Thoughts are but other dimensions we connect to partially.

Dank, you are the only person I know who believes you are having sex with your own mother in another dimension.    Roll Eyes

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
ReRunRod

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:07:42 PM

ALL OF THEM!

HUMANITY OVER RELIGION, FTW!!!!!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 09:08:55 PM

all i know of is one:  Raelism.

they believe the tenants of Hindu, Muslim, etc.. except for a guy in the sky, they believe in space people who made us.

they look *extremely* down on underage sex.  and u can't join the religion if your a Catholic.

I was going to mention this as my favorite, but you beat me to it.

Raëlism

Raëlians believe that sex is a normal, natural and healthy part of life and encourages people to be true to their natural sexuality.[108] They promote healing from damaging messages from strict puritanical belief systems and social stigmas that stifle one's natural sexuality. Acceptance of masturbation, homosexuality, bisexuality, pansexuality, naturism and any legal, safe and consensual adult activity is promoted as part of a healthy and long life, and this is used to attract young converts to the religion.[109] Raelians believe that sexuality is a gift of pleasure to mankind from the Elohim.[110] The Raëlian book Let's Welcome our Fathers From Space says that new advanced extraterrestrial civilizations will ultimately practice a final religion or "religion of the infinite" that involves ubiquitous practice of Sensual Meditation.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1366783/-r-e-p-e-a-t-press-conference-an-embassy-to-welcome-an-extraterrestrial-civilization-the-raelians-will-file-a-formal-application-to-the-canadian-gover

"The file we will give to Prime Minister Harper, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, the Minister of National Defence and the Minister of Finance includes two main sections. The first is a request for a Lot Of Land, ​​4 square kilometers in Canada and the second is a request to grant extraterritoriality, as for all Embassies in the world", declared Daniel Turcotte, RAEL's assistant for the Embassy project. "In return, Canada will benefit from an economic impact of tens of billions of dollars in the long term. In addition, the host country of this Embassy will improve and enjoy an immense prestige being the interplanetary hub. The residents of this country will be the first to benefit from the Elohim's very advanced technology in the fields, among others, of  bio-robotics, nanotechnology, medicine, transport and communications, as well as an access to some sources of energy currently impossible to imagine by our scientists", added Turcotte.

I wonder if they would be interested in a board member swap: Brock Pierce for any one of theirs.
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 09:14:28 PM

The religion of the Dogon people.

Might not be a crazy as one might at first think though...........................

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogon_people#Culture_and_religion

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:19:19 PM

Dank, you are the only person I know who believes you are having sex with your own mother in another dimension.    Roll Eyes

Yet you're the one connecting to that dimension... youre weird.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 10:38:13 PM

Everything exists, the universe is infinite.  Thoughts are but other dimensions we connect to partially.

Dank, you are the only person I know who believes you are having sex with your own mother in another dimension.    Roll Eyes

Yet you're the one connecting to that dimension... youre weird.

And you are too.  An infinite number of you are connecting and watching and grading yourself and your mother.  In an infinite amount of dimensions your family dog joins in.

You shouldn't really push ideas you can't understand, fool.   Roll Eyes

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
7queue

Activity: 177

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:31:11 PM

The Church of the Sub-Genius

Recruitment Video (JNS): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FqxzdRQcUo

8 )

8 )
forever21

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:47:31 AM

i think every religion is crazy if your gonna think about their rules and their belief
and i can say that its their culture and why does you people need to think its crazy? LOL have respect
AlfaONE

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 11:43:49 AM

im done

"Together we stand for a fairness and truth"
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: