Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:53:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 175 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Maieuticoin | 2014% PoS | 10k/MMXIV and BALLS/MMXIV Markets NOW OPEN  (Read 283070 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
devvienuis

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 10:08:28 PM

Should MMXIV / Maieuticoin (build 1.0.0.Cool still sync? For it won't download the blockchain any longer. It's connected, but won't sync.

Any idea why? Something to do with Apple? Whatever that is? Did we fork again? Client also mentions that checkpoint is too old...

Sigh. Anyone? Smiley

Devvie
twitter.com/devnullius
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 10:10:20 PM

Should MMXIV / Maieuticoin (build 1.0.0.Cool still sync? For it won't download the blockchain any longer. It's connected, but won't sync.

Any idea why? Something to do with Apple? Whatever that is? Did we fork again? Client also mentions that checkpoint is too old...

Sigh. Anyone? Smiley

Devvie
twitter.com/devnullius

1.0.8 is the current version. There are no sync issues currently. What block are you stuck on?

chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 10:28:00 PM

Sigh. Anyone? Smiley

Devvie
twitter.com/devnullius

Check point to old is normal.  Just wait for it to sync. 

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2014, 10:43:06 PM

Sigh. Anyone? Smiley

Devvie
twitter.com/devnullius

Check point to old is normal.  Just wait for it to sync. 

Correct. In addition to the hard coded, the checkpoint server creates a new one every few blocks. Until you are caught up to the most recent, you are viewing the old ones

Phosphorous

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 12:31:50 AM

2700 blocks found for the current pool shift, the Dec 23 shift is still "trading." Looks like the someone has left the "store" unattended. Are we going to for the "#longestpoolshiftever again?

It's the day after Christmas, I assume ThePeePs is spending time with his family. We are only a two man team for everything, we are doing our best. I'll send him a message real quick and have him come update you guys
If that is the case it would be nice to have an announcement and a coverage plan.
The pool is down at the moment, I imagine we could be looking at another multi-day down time again if it's like what happened last time.
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 12:33:12 AM

2700 blocks found for the current pool shift, the Dec 23 shift is still "trading." Looks like the someone has left the "store" unattended. Are we going to for the "#longestpoolshiftever again?

It's the day after Christmas, I assume ThePeePs is spending time with his family. We are only a two man team for everything, we are doing our best. I'll send him a message real quick and have him come update you guys
If that is the case it would be nice to have an announcement and a coverage plan.
The pool is down at the moment, I imagine we could be looking at another multi-day down time again if it's like what happened last time.

Why don't you come into IRC and ask him yourself instead of posting here and asking me, when I have no information about a pool I don't run?

Phosphorous

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 12:40:09 AM

Why don't you come into IRC and ask him yourself instead of posting here and asking me, when I have no information about a pool I don't run?
Because I don't have all day to post in a chat room and wait for a response and if he wasn't in the chat room then he might not ever see it. I'd rather post here and walk away and forget about it knowing that he'll see it eventually. If he is hanging out in the chat room, odds are he is monitoring this thread as well. Besides, if the pool operator doesn't have any notification systems in place to tell him when the pool is down automatically then I have overestimated his competency. This notice is more for discussion and notification of other users.
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 12:49:10 AM

Because I don't have all day to post in a chat room and wait for a response and if he wasn't in the chat room then he might not ever see it. I'd rather post here and walk away and forget about it knowing that he'll see it eventually. If he is hanging out in the chat room, odds are he is monitoring this thread as well. Besides, if the pool operator doesn't have any notification systems in place to tell him when the pool is down automatically then I have overestimated his competency. This notice is more for discussion and notification of other users.

If you're not going to use the multiple lines of communication we have, then this is the level of assistance you will get. It takes two seconds to log into IRC, send him a message, and logout. Honestly, you are becoming more harm than help

The pool looks up to me, anyway

coinking
Legendary

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 12:58:11 AM

If you're not going to use the multiple lines of communication we have, then this is the level of assistance you will get. It takes two seconds to log into IRC, send him a message, and logout. Honestly, you are becoming more harm than help

I can certainly see where Phosphorous is coming from.. I have used irc before for many attempts at communication (not directed at M) and I understand that sometimes it's hard to get an answer from users on the different channels. iGotSpots is right about the pm thing, it is a better way to approach getting answers through irc but I also think that it's important to use bitcointalk to share comments/concerns as you will hit a wider audience (most times it's beneficial for people who are having similar issues). Again, I see both sides and I think it's important to use as many facets of communication as possible for these issues.. Just my two cents

.TeleX  AI.
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
▀████████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Store
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀█████
████████████░░░░░█████
███████▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀██████
███████░░░░░██▄▄▄▄▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄██░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░██████▀███████
████████████▀░░░░░░░▀█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░▄█████
████████▀████████▄██████
█████▀░░░░░░░▀████████
████▄░░░░░░░░░██████
▀████▄███████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Send/Receive
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████░███████████▄
██████░███░█████████
███████░███░██████████
███████░░░██░███████░███
████████░░░█░░░██░███░████
████████░░░█░░░██░███░████
█████░██░░░██░██░░░█░░░███
█████░██░░░██░███░██░░░███
█████░██░░░██░███░██░░░███
███░░░██░███████░███░███
██░░░██░███████░██████
█░░░████████████████
░░░██████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Trade
Phosphorous

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 01:14:12 AM

The pool looks up to me, anyway
Yes, it's back up. And why do users have to use ALL of the multiple lines of communication? Can't we just pick one and expect that it is monitored?

My choice of method of communication should have no bearing on whether or not announcements are made that there will be no support or failure to provide a coverage plan for the planned absence of the operator of a 1-man operation. I would never even think of launching a 24/7/365 business by myself without having a plan for support in the event of my inevitable occasional absence, or at least not without warning my customers first.

And may I say the pot is calling the kettle black here, because M-coin fails to use all of the lines of communication it has established consistently.
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 01:21:52 AM

The forums are definitely not our first line. It's not a secret I hate this fucking place

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 04:03:22 AM

If you use BALLS, you can connect to our IRC channel right in the Qt

devvienuis

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 05:59:23 PM

Ok, I removed all %AppData% for fresh sync. It is synced now, but all my balances are zero! Despite many transactions visible in the history transaction list...

Sigh.... I'm really getting annoyed by the 'features' (read bugs) in this wallet. What should I do now??

Devvie
twitter.com/devnullius

Sigh. Anyone? Smiley

Devvie
twitter.com/devnullius

Check point to old is normal.  Just wait for it to sync.  

Correct. In addition to the hard coded, the checkpoint server creates a new one every few blocks. Until you are caught up to the most recent, you are viewing the old ones
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 06:49:49 PM

Ok, I removed all %AppData% for fresh sync. It is synced now, but all my balances are zero! Despite many transactions visible in the history transaction list...

Sigh.... I'm really getting annoyed by the 'features' (read bugs) in this wallet. What should I do now??

Devvie
twitter.com/devnullius

Sigh. Anyone? Smiley

Devvie
twitter.com/devnullius

Check point to old is normal.  Just wait for it to sync.  

What version were you on before clearing Roaming and when did you update to 1.0.8? There is not a bug in the wallet, but I appreciate you again accusing the coin like last time

devvienuis

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 06:55:37 PM

Previous one still was on version 1.0.2, which was working until about 2 weeks ago.

Devvie
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 06:59:01 PM

Both were version 1.0.2, which was working until about 2 weeks ago.

Devvie

There's the problem. We forked from 1.0.2 to 1.0.8 at block 80,000 - Over a month ago

devvienuis

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 07:05:28 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2014, 07:44:32 PM by devvienuis

Previous one was version 1.0.2, which was working until about 2 weeks ago.

Devvie

There's the problem. We forked from 1.0.2 to 1.0.8 at block 80,000 - Over a month ago

Sigh. So now what I do? Did I lose all my coins? And what's up with all them hard forks?? Only means many MMXIV coins are taken out of rotation because not everybody is glued to this [ann].

Why not make a newsletter when something important needs to happen? I can filter that and I would have known. And yes, I'm busy, so it might take 2 weeks before I have time to troubleshoot one of my wallets.

I just don't understand you. Even now you leave out essential instructions so I have to ask once more what to do. Sorry but I had to mention it once more. Hoping something good will come out of all of this. But if I lost my coins... I'll be out for good Sad

Devvie
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2014, 07:13:28 PM

Devvie

Sigh. So now what I do? Did I lose all my coins? And what's up with all them hard forks?? Only means many MMXIV coins are taking out of rotation because not everybody is glued to this [ann].

Why not make a newsletter when something important needs to happen? I can filter that and I would have known. And yes, I'm busy, so it might take 2 weeks before I have time to troubleshoot one of my wallets.

I just don't understand you. Sorry for that.

Devvie

It was announced weeks in advance . Welcome to crypto. Pay attention or get left behind. The hard fork implemented several fixes and updated staking to 2014% - It was a very well known fork. I even put it on Twitter and stayed in Poloniex chat for days while people updated

devvienuis

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 07:15:39 PM

Devvie

Sigh. So now what I do? Did I lose all my coins? And what's up with all them hard forks?? Only means many MMXIV coins are taking out of rotation because not everybody is glued to this [ann].

I just don't understand you. Sorry for that.

Devvie

It was announced weeks in advance . Welcome to crypto. Pay attention or get left behind. The hard fork implemented several fixes and updated staking to 2014% - It was a very well known fork. I even put it on Twitter and stayed in Poloniex chat for days while people updated

So I lost all my coins? And you use that to "welcome me to crypto"? You for real? Guess so.

Will make an autotweet specially for you then. Warning others to act with extreme caution when it comes to MMXIV / you. A good developer keeps wallet compatible, at least.

Devvie
devvienuis

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 07:22:37 PM

PS: never thought of build-in warning system...? It's not like your wallet would be the first to offer that. This just sucks.

Welcoming me to crypto...

https://twitter.com/search?f=realtime&q=%40devnullius%20sumall%20mention%20reach&src=typd
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 175 »
  Print  

Jump to: