Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:36:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Bitcoin Analyst  (Read 5827 times)
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:30:07 AM

I'd rather have an investment strategy of a bitcoin nutter, rather than be blatantly wrong on 90% of my predictions like you.  Your track record is terrible, yet you try to find a way to make it seem like you knew what was going to happen all along.

Go sit on your paws mat weak hands. The only people listening to your advice are the ones losing money.

Making the a prediction and saying it 10 times, doesn't count as 10 predictions u fucking halfwit.

How about you go look at my last 'prediction', Bitcoin at $585, just before the top. What did I say, and what happened?

My $200 range Bitcoin prediction will happen, just not yet. We are now undeniably in Wave B, Bitcoin to $700 range at least.

Ok, just continue on through life never admitting you were wrong.

I have the MatTheFuckStickCat on ignore (makes life a lot more pleasant)

The definition of a REAL trader is that you make many many mistakes ....as long as the +'s outweigh the -'s

An asshat of a trader is somebody who is trying to be RIGHT all the time buga lugs definatley falls into teh later

He will be a fake who just blah blah blah's all day long and never trades because his "I AM RIGHT STRATEGY" will send him broke faster than a big bag of coke at a day traders convetion in las Vegas Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
samurai1200

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 03:42:24 AM

Geez, now I remember why I stopped hanging around the speculation forums. If you guys studied TA for as much time as you spent shitting on each other, you'd all be rich! (Or so broke that you'd need to sell your computers, so I wouldn't hear from you anyway  Grin)

In any case, /unsub

Hodl for the longest tiem.

Use it or lose it: http://coinmap.org/
segeln

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:07:59 AM

Yeah, let me just remind everyone again of what brilliant sage TA advice that MatTheCat serves up.  Also notice that the first 2 posts were as recent as May:

As it happens I never shorted at $520 and I never shorted at $430 either just as I amn't going to short now. Whether my $200 range call comes good anytime soon I don't know, but Bitcoin testing $360 is looking very very likely. Infact, I would go as far as to say that it is already written on the wall

I am not saying sub $300 this weekend. I am saying next significant support level is $260. Sooner or later, Bitcoin is going to have to test the upper resistance or the lower support. It seems pretty obvious to me which is the more likely of the two scenarios to play out.

I will take a much longer break from Bitcoin than 6 months. I have been against Bitcoin philosophically for some time but was addicted to trading it cos I was winning. Now that I am losing, I have no further interest in it. I will be back here to indulge in some empty gloating when Bitcoin hits $200 range like I said it would....and it will.

Sorry Ibian old bean, but $200 range it will be. Bitcoin takes these near vertical counter trend price spikes, rises 40% within a few days and then we find time and time again that there is no demand for Bitcoin at these levels cos the only real demand for Bitcoin is speculative demand. If people can't make money from it then they don't buy it and start selling it.

Quote from: MatTheCat date=April 27, 2014, 07:52:51 PM
My advice to n00bs coming to Bitcoin now is don't buy Bitcoin right now. 1 day MACD is about to cross to the downside and with the manipulated short squeezing pump up to $540 aside, there is absolutely not enough interest in Bitcoin at these prices, to sustain these prices. Bitcoin is going to $200 range. I would recommend an upper $200 buy-in order and even if Bitcoin drops a whole lot further than this, there will always be an opportunity for the n00b investor to break even if he enters at a $260-$300 range. Buy-in now at $450 and by the end of next week, you may never see the $450 Bitcoin again for a very long time. Perhaps such a long time that your tolerance for loss will break and you will cash out taking a substantial hair cut.

I would certainly look to buy in sub $300 territory with a belief that a strong reversal must surely be on the cards should Bitcoin touch into the $200 range. Failing that, whenever I see an opportunity for a bit of upside and I feel comfortable enough being long Bitcoin. I was long Bitcoin just a couple of days ago, but didn't feel comfortable with it so cashed right back out.

You are last person that I would take Bitcoin call from. I just want to let you know that.
And I never said $200, I said $200 range. If Bitcoin hits $299, then I am right.

I am bearish on Bitcoin because it has been going down overall and will continue to do so. With that said, I shall never short Bitcoin again as I have discovered that engaging in this activity opens a whole psychological can of worms that I am not good at dealing with. By the same token, I shall never use leverage in Bitcoin ever again. The next time I shall buy Bitcoins is when we are back down at the lower range of the trendline. Next stop mid $200 range.

Once $380 support fails, then this will instigate a massive psychological change in the market, turning formerly strong hands to weak hands. Then the Bitcoin market will get to know all about despair. I said before, I reckon the $200 range lies ahead in the not too distant future. Quote me for truth if you like.

I have (practically) no market position that is affecting my emotional state. I say Bitcoin is going back to $200 range. If I am proven wrong than I shall be ready to jump back on if/when Bitcoin takes out and holds above important resistances (first being $480-$490), but will of course drop the lot the minute things start to look a bit shaky, as for me, my better instincts tell me that the writing is on the wall for Bitcoin.

In fact, I can't and won't give you credit for being "right" unless we see 250. That's your call. So until then, why don't you go do something else or stop beating your chest for things most other people know too.

$250 wasn't my call!

$200 Range is my call!
Maybe not tomorrow, nor the day or week after that....But Bitcoin will grind painfully down over the course of time, interspersed with the odd 'spirit rekindling' counter trend rally of course. My sentiment couldn't be more apathetic right now, but when I put my mind  or energies into anything, I generally find myself ahead of the trend.

MatTheCat is calling $200 range Bitcoin! Before any further ATH can ever be seen, if indeed any ATHs are ever seen again. If this doesn't transpire, then everyone can quote this statement for truth to eternity whenever I rear my head on this forum.

very good to remember the ridiculous MatTheCat posts
segeln

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:09:34 AM

Ok, just continue on through life never admitting you were wrong.

I am wrong often.

Yes, you are.  And you are a fkn idiot clown.  Quit trying so hard to convince people here that you have an inkling of a clue as to what you are doing.
+1
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 11:17:27 AM

very good to remember the ridiculous MatTheCat posts

Fuck me!

Torque is certainly out with a vendetta. Such a shame that despite the obviously vast amounts of time he has spent trawling my post history, he can only find that one call, which he has repeated about 20 fkn times as though I have been proven wrong 20 times.

But I shall draw attention to this one, not the very first $200 range call that I made, but the 2nd or 3rd time I made it.

In fact, I can't and won't give you credit for being "right" unless we see 250. That's your call. So until then, why don't you go do something else or stop beating your chest for things most other people know too.

$250 wasn't my call!

$200 Range is my call!
Maybe not tomorrow, nor the day or week after that....But Bitcoin will grind painfully down over the course of time, interspersed with the odd 'spirit rekindling' counter trend rally of course. My sentiment couldn't be more apathetic right now, but when I put my mind  or energies into anything, I generally find myself ahead of the trend.

MatTheCat is calling $200 range Bitcoin! Before any further ATH can ever be seen, if indeed any ATHs are ever seen again. If this doesn't transpire, then everyone can quote this statement for truth to eternity whenever I rear my head on this forum.

That post was made on March 27th 2014. I made the $200 range call earlier than that as well.

On March 27th 2014, Bitcoin was $590. On April 11th, Bitcoin went to $338. Within $39 of my target range after a $250 dollar down move.

....and since I have stopped shorting, I hope I am wrong, but in my view, we are still on the Primary corrective Wave 4, but only on the Wave B counter trend up. I hope I am wrong, as these days I don't make money if Bitcoin goes down, only if it goes up, but I suspect that over the course of a few months, I shall be proven right. Quote that for truth.

+1

Are you quoting the fucktard Torque, only in order that I am sure to read his posts which I would otherwise be blissfully unaware off? Well, no reason not to have you on ignore as well. Not like much smart, helpful, or insightful comes from you either.....

......seeya at yer $750 break even point, ya sucker......maybe......just cos I project $300 moves in a direction doesn't mean that they are going to come to fruition does it, I mean, I might $50 out!

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
damnek

Activity: 614

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 02:38:51 PM

Today could very well be the top of the S&P 500...

Not good for Bitcoin.

How many shots will you take before you give up?

by the way: I'm short the S&P too and hurting!
Dalmar

Activity: 1092

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:34:32 PM

Today could very well be the top of the S&P 500...

http://www.btcanalyst.com/2014/06/s-500-topping-out-june-6th-2014.html

Not good for Bitcoin.

It would have been nice if it topped out at 1929.  Grin

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
thefiniteidea (OP)

Activity: 509
Merit: 564

"In Us We Trust"

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:37:49 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2018, 09:24:57 PM by thefiniteidea

It would have been nice if it topped out at 1929.  Grin

Hahaha 1929 would have been great. Bernanke/yellen would have hated that :-P

damnek

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:05:55 PM

Shots? I haven't said anything about a top before. I've said we were getting close.

First shot Wink

May 19th:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=611268.msg6806085#msg6806085

May 26th:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=626253.msg6956588#msg6956588

Counts as 2 shots in my book. Sorry but I can't be bothered to go through the rest of your post history.

edit: together with your post of today that makes a grand total of 3 shots now
Operatr

Activity: 798

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 05:17:44 PM

I too see a massive problem coming for regular stocks, more based on the fact that the fundamental structure of the market is a powder keg of fail set to explode:

High Frequency Trading: Machines dictate 70% of all stock trades, which happen millions of times every second. Algorithms actively screw with the market and other algorithms, now interacting in ways that are now unpredictable and not understood, case in point, the flash crash of 2010-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1xqSZy9_4I - it is still debated to this day why this happened.

These computer trading systems only came into wide use after the last big market crash in 2007/8, which makes it now more perilous than ever as human beings are no longer in control.

Imagine what happens if this same kind of freak occurrence suddenly causes trillions of dollars to vanish in seconds on a wide scale? It sounds insane, because it is, but in theory we could see the entire monetary system could collapse in minutes as the house of cards falls flat due to algorithms going full herd mode downward. If it causes the derivatives market to collapse, which it would most likely in a chain reaction, there is literally not enough money on this planet to bail it out. If that much money was simply created to fill the void like the US did with the bank bailouts of 2008, the Dollar would be rendered into toilet paper. Every market, every currency, in every industrialized country, would fail simultaneously. Every bank and government on the planet would go instantly bankrupt. It would be the mother of all bubble bursts.

Add to this the Federal Reserve's continuous money creation that is just feeding the S&P mega-bubble, we have a serious problem coming up soon, which very well could be later this summer. Something has to give.

From this I do wonder, when traders start seeing their entire stock portfolio vanish, where will they run? If there are no safe exits anywhere in the stock market, it seems that Bitcoin or other coins would be the only things left not attached to the fiat money system to bail out into, much like we saw in Cyprus with bank confiscations (which absolutely will happen in a currency crisis at wide scale). Could we see a major run on Bitcoin during a stock market collapse? Maybe. Time will tell, but I think its a possible scenario. At some point in this Bitcoin would reach a breakaway point from fiat trade entirely, as there would be no more fiat money worth a damn.

Regardless of how or why a crash occurs, it will be an absolute and astounding blood bath. Exciting time to be alive though  Cool

thefiniteidea (OP)

Activity: 509
Merit: 564

"In Us We Trust"

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 05:38:08 PM

Shots? I haven't said anything about a top before. I've said we were getting close.

First shot Wink

May 19th:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=611268.msg6806085#msg6806085

May 26th:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=626253.msg6956588#msg6956588

Counts as 2 shots in my book. Sorry but I can't be bothered to go through the rest of your post history.

edit: together with your post of today that makes a grand total of 3 shots now

The May 19th post was about Bitcoin, not the S&P, and it didn't call a top -- it also wasn't serious analysis. That whole thread was a joke.

And your May 26th link references this exact thread, which again didn't call a top. I did say the SP500 top was coming soon, though.

You should go a bit further back in my history and discover the wealth of good calls (most of my history is on my blog or twitter), but let's just do this to make your day easier: consider this my shot. If I'm wrong, I won't post on this thread again.

Oh, and please reply with your call so I can belittle it too.

Tongue
damnek

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 06:01:29 PM

Oh, and please reply with your call so I can belittle it too.

Tongue

80% long
Carra23
Legendary

Activity: 980

Need a campaign manager? PM me

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 06:09:20 PM

What I really dont understand that with so much hate & negativity is why do they still hang around like an old fart in a poorly ventilated room

Its like bitcoin has hurt them in some way and they want revenge .....I would like to quietly point out that bitcoin is a technology and not your abusive farther/mother

well, i can see why someone who "missed the boat" on bitcoin might feel bitter and would want to cope by putting bitcoiners down, so to speak. but i also don't think all of those that you guys might label "FUDsters" fit in that category.

Everybody can get into this market ESPECIALLY NOW !!!  or am i being a nuter again Huh

Even for the last 2 weeks I am up a low 5 digit sum from simply HODL

Its really not rocket science ...To make a $100 trading penny stocks is hard hard work ... bitcoin is investment for the mass's Cheesy

sure, HODL is great for the last 2 weeks in an up trend. how is HODL over the past 5 months? i have no problem with HOLDers, but it ain't for everybody. Smiley
If you can't successfully trade, and most people can't, you have to find alternatives. On the other hand, and maybe I'm just seeing things, but it looks like most daytraders make shitty holders.

I HODL the major portion and play with a small part. That part has gone up several times, so even if end up stuck one side or another, though I quickly cut my loss if I can see its definitely moving one way, I have made a good gain.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: