Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:18:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: OLD: BFGMiner 4.10.0: GBT+Stratum, RPC, Mac/Linux/Win64, Spondoolies SP30  (Read 308306 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BRADLEYPLOOF

Activity: 520
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 04:01:41 PM

AFAIK that's 140 Mh/s SHA-2, not Scrypt. IOW less than half the speed of a Block Erupter.

/facepalm

Dammit.  Wish I could find an inexpensive, power friendly way of mining scrypt coins.  I've got 3 gridseed 350 khs and a gawminer fury pushing about 2.5Mh/s but I need to find a better way of scrypt mining...Is there no way to use those for scrypt?

It doesn't look likely, though Luke would know better than I: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=88407.msg5933345#msg5933345

I could be missing something but I don't think there's any hardware, virtual or not, that makes sense for mining if profit is your motive. The only folks making money are those doing the selling, not the buying  Wink

Yeah I know...sell the shovels...but I mine mostly for scrypt coins to sell and buy Reddcoin with.  I like the premise behind Reddcoin and the infrastructure that's being created so using it will be easier. The Devs are awesome and constantly keeping the user base informed on goings-on. I dunno.  Cryptos are a great idea, and I'd love to make some money on it, but I'm a VERY small time guy having spent ~$200 on hardware over the years (buying it and selling it later and breaking even) and I've purchased a few hundred dollars in BTC, but used it when it was up in the $1000 range to buy a bunch of Christmas presents with.  So I have no real hodlings at the moment aside from 1.5M Reddcoin, a little litecoin, and a few hundred thousand satoshis.  (roughly $100 in different cryptos)
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 04:52:05 PM

Need help! 2 Gridseeds are connected, 2 panels each, so a total of 4 panels which have hash-rate of 2.56 MH/s per panel, so 5.2 MH/s per miner. Both miners are connected and 3 panels is accepting work request. Yesterday, all 4 were working. So anybody know why it isn't working now? Any possible way to check whether it is running but not accepting request or not?

~~MZ~~

VoodooServ

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 04:57:01 PM

I use BFGminer & like it. Please integrate support on BFGminer for technobit miner hardware (HEX16a & other...).
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 06:59:10 PM

AFAIK that's 140 Mh/s SHA-2, not Scrypt. IOW less than half the speed of a Block Erupter.

/facepalm

Dammit.  Wish I could find an inexpensive, power friendly way of mining scrypt coins.  I've got 3 gridseed 350 khs and a gawminer fury pushing about 2.5Mh/s but I need to find a better way of scrypt mining...Is there no way to use those for scrypt?
The Xeon Phi is essentially 57 Pentium 3 cores with some new 512-bit instructions and 8 GB RAM on a PCI-Express card, so it can run pretty much any normal Linux software, including any hashing algorithm.
SHA256d can take advantage of the 512-bit instructions for a speedup, and one part of scrypt is actually SHA256, so there's a chance it will perform decently, but almost certainly no where near as efficient as scrypt ASICs.

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 07:22:04 PM

Need help! 2 Gridseeds are connected, 2 panels each, so a total of 4 panels which have hash-rate of 2.56 MH/s per panel, so 5.2 MH/s per miner. Both miners are connected and 3 panels is accepting work request. Yesterday, all 4 were working. So anybody know why it isn't working now? Any possible way to check whether it is running but not accepting request or not?

[img ]https://i.imgur.com/Hd9XVSe.jpg[/img]

+

Any possible way to restart miners that are shown as dead in BFG miner? Or any way to prevent killing a miner? And, why is it needed? Thanks! Smiley

~~MZ~~

meinstein

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 07:36:04 PM

https://i.imgur.com/Hd9XVSe.jpg

~~MZ~~

I also run the g-blades, but use the multi-miner interface for BFG, and have the same issue.  It's worse with the older blades with the red boards.  Sometimes you can just restart the miner, other times you have to pull the USB cable from the miner and plug it back in, then restart the miner.  That's just the way it is, a better quality USB hub will help that happen less, but it will never go away completely.

For checking if a blade is running or not, that's very easy.  Put your hand on the case of the g-blade.  If you have a blade that is not running, that half of the case will be noticeably cooler than the others.  

So for now, feel which one is cool, unplug the USB, wait a few seconds for the USB to reset, then plug it back in, and restart the miner.  You should be back at 100% till a blade goes to sleep again.

nwoolls

Activity: 840
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 07:47:41 PM

~~MZ~~

Try the most recent BFGMiner - that is version 3.10 in your screenshot.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 08:16:33 PM

Tried using 4.8.0 . GSD 0 still doesn't show any hash-rate.

Any possible way to restart miners that are shown as dead in BFG miner? Or any way to prevent killing a miner? And, why is it needed? Thanks! Smiley

Roll Eyes Know any?

~~MZ~~

meinstein

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 08:23:13 PM

Roll Eyes Know any?

~~MZ~~

^^ Read my post above..  ^^
GrrOucH

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 08:29:20 PM

What would be the command line to start BFGMiner 4.10 with the new Antiminer U3?
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 08:33:56 PM

What would be the command line to start BFGMiner 4.10 with the new Antiminer U3?

I think it isn't supported. See https://github.com/luke-jr/bfgminer/issues/580 .

You can use cgminer now:
Code:
cgminer.exe --bmsc-options 115200:0.65 -o pool:port -u user -p password --bmsc-voltage 0800 --bmsc-freq 1306

~~MZ~~

nwoolls

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 08:47:50 PM

Please try 4.10, the latest version available here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=626361.msg6958518#msg6958518 (this thread). Additionally the previous poster indicated you need to unplug/replug the USB cable once the issue has occurred.

Roll Eyes Know any?

~~MZ~~

MultiMiner has the option to restart miners it detects are behaving poorly, but that will not help if this issue requires re-seating the USB cable.

MultiMiner: Any Miner, Any Where, on Any Device |  Xgminer: Mine with popular miners on Mac OS X
btc: 1BmXY4ZZQh1iHSVre658gM1gPAEtDnq8rv  |  ltc: LP1SsHZTDexndkvRKsqAkXNsienPHwaMb5  |  hardware: nwoolls at gmail dot com
GrrOucH

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 08:52:20 PM

Ok.. that's what I thought. Got it qorking but.. It won't hash any higher then 48gh. Seems to jump all over the place. Any ideas on this?
meinstein

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 09:27:40 PM

Please try 4.10, the latest version available here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=626361.msg6958518#msg6958518 (this thread). Additionally the previous poster indicated you need to unplug/replug the USB cable once the issue has occurred.

Roll Eyes Know any?

~~MZ~~

MultiMiner has the option to restart miners it detects are behaving poorly, but that will not help if this issue requires re-seating the USB cable.

Correct.

And after months of use, the option to restart the poorly behaving miners several times, while trying to restart one that needs a USB reset, will usually get more of the gridseeds to go to sleep. (I have 3 g-blades so 6 blades)  Best to plug them straight into the mobo if you have the available ports (USB2 works better than USB3) then start them up and turn the restart option off, and just check them once a day or so... 

Sometimes they will go fine for weeks, other times you'll see them dropping after a few hours.  When they do that, power EVERYTHING down.  The mobo, the PSU feeding the gridseeds, the hub power, everything, then wait 10 seconds, then restart everything.  Should run for weeks if you don't screw with anything.

One last note.  If you are constantly switching coins, so you are restarting the gridseeds all the time, you WILL have them going to sleep a lot more often than if you just point them at something and leave them alone.
Wolf-Tech

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 04:05:10 AM

Hello luke. This might not be a issue but it's strange to me. I have 2 zeus thunders running on bfgminer just fine, but there is something that puzzles me. If I set the --set zus:chips=128 your program then reports 1024 chips not 128. I have set it with --set zus:chips=16 and I get much better results in hash rates allways around 28 to 30 mhs. Bfgminer reports 128 chips. I also have gaw furys but it seems everything you set in Bfgminer is times 8.

I dunno if thats a flaw in bfgminer or thats how it's set up. It just seems to work better if you can set the true chips.

Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 04:14:36 AM

Hello luke. This might not be a issue but it's strange to me. I have 2 zeus thunders running on bfgminer just fine, but there is something that puzzles me. If I set the --set zus:chips=128 your program then reports 1024 chips not 128. I have set it with --set zus:chips=16 and I get much better results in hash rates allways around 28 to 30 mhs. Bfgminer reports 128 chips. I also have gaw furys but it seems everything you set in Bfgminer is times 8.

I dunno if thats a flaw in bfgminer or thats how it's set up. It just seems to work better if you can set the true chips.

IIRC (but this is Nate's area), Zeus design has 8 cores per chip, and BFGMiner shows each core.

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 12:31:45 PM

Hello! There is no problem with the miner, the BFG miner is showing correct hashrate but it is showing as dead and thus not giving any work. Sad I asked about the restarting because I found these commands:
Code:
--cmd-idle <arg>                Execute a command when a device is allowed to be

idle (rest or wait)
--cmd-sick <arg>                Execute a command when a device is declared sick

--cmd-dead <arg>                Execute a command when a device is declared dead

What all arguments can I use? Any arguments to restart the dead miner?

Running it now! Now too, 1 panel isn't accepting any shares(after resetting the miner).

Correct.

I tried Multiminer but it isn't mining for some reason. Lack of set-up maybe.

One last note.  If you are constantly switching coins, so you are restarting the gridseeds all the time, you WILL have them going to sleep a lot more often than if you just point them at something and leave them alone.

Thanks! But I like to mine in multipool. I currently mine in multipool.us. I think I want to switch to Ghash.io LTC+Doge .

~~MZ~~

bronan

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 02:55:27 PM

The speed on zeusminers needs to be alot lower ,the ones i own at between 220 and 248, at 328 they not even start
They instant crash at 300+
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 05:18:27 PM

The speed on zeusminers needs to be alot lower ,the ones i own at between 220 and 248, at 328 they not even start

Then you would own zuesminers Thunder X6. I have 9 of them.  Ive been trying like hell to get these working on latest bfgminer. Olatest bfgminer will not detect mine. Can you please post you .bat file? Is there anything special you needed to do so bfgminer can see them? Did you recomiple the source and add zeus support?

Thanks in advance

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
nwoolls

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2014, 05:48:44 PM

Then you would own zuesminers Thunder X6. I have 9 of them.  Ive been trying like hell to get these working on latest bfgminer. Olatest bfgminer will not detect mine. Can you please post you .bat file? Is there anything special you needed to do so bfgminer can see them? Did you recomiple the source and add zeus support?

Thanks in advance

Vegas

Would love it if someone could verify this is the case. Is the initial clock speed too high for newer devices?

I was only able to test up to the 256-chip devices some months ago.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: