Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:43:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DyslexicZombei's Darkcoin Community MasterNode Svcs: CLOSED. Nodes 2 4 5 Refunds  (Read 27887 times)
DyslexicZombei (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:34:34 PM

Thanks for the latest update. I adjusted my free sign up period accordingly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rentahash

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:36:01 PM

DyslexicZombei
I sent you a PM
Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:47:47 PM

I PMd this to Dyslexic but maybe one of you can answer?
With regards to doing a 10% share of a MN:
-you state many fees for each batch and I'm kind of confused by it now so could you tell me what the total monthly fee is for this 3rd batch?
-is that fee taken from the DRK node payments which accumulate over the course of the month or do I pay via credit card?
-what is required of me, besides agreeing to join and sending 100 DRK to join in?
-Am I locked into holding this 10% share for a certain amount of time? And what happens if some people want to redeem their share of the MN? Do you take their place or does that person have to find a new partner to replace them?
-what if something happens to you? Do you have disaster recovery steps in place to make sure all 'investors' get their DRK back?

(Continued)

2. So that ~5.2% average monthly fee (could be more or less slightly as DRK value fluctuates) from the average example I mentioned, comes out of gross fees earned: DRK rewarded for being an operational node in the Darkcoin network.
3. You just have to sign up and provide a payout address for bimonthly payouts.
4. You can leave at any time...as long as you give a 3 days prior notice before leaving. This is so that we can find a replacement without having to move the original stake funds around (which would cause remaining team members to lose operational rewards).

At this point, since there's no automation for something like this, I'm hoping that there's only minimal movement out, as we're trying to build a service here that directly strengthens the DRK ecosystem, and allows more people access to the benefits (and risks) of owning and operating a MasterNode.

There's a 1.5% cash out fee taken from the stake funds for the leaving stake owner, as well as a 1.5% Entry Fee for a new stake owner who gets the benefit of an already working and hardened MasterNode. This Exit/Entrance fee is to discourage those with a short term mentality from getting involved.

I'm not here to help those with a day trader mentality that don't really believe that this coin has a future.

5. Server recovery is easy thanks to imaging. I'm not so easy to replace, and do recognize that I'm a single point of failure. As an occasional designer of systems and/or networks: I don't like single points of failure.

To that end: I was planning on encrypting and sending thomas_s. the keys and PWs for him to access should something happen to me, with recovery instructions so that the node can be turned off and the stake funds removed from Darkcoin's mempool. Getting involved with my services means that you understand that thomas_s. will be handling payouts and ownership changes, so the sharing of this key info is logical for emergency redundancy. This is a side project for him and we've worked well together for nearly a year.

Thanks for the questions. Hope that helped!

Sounds good, I'm in for a 10% MN stake.
JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:56:54 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 12:49:50 AM by DyslexicZombei

Awesome! Thanks Jesse, and Welcome Aboard!

I'm going to a different set up method because I've been getting slow response from some that had contacted me for earlier reservations. We're a week out from node payments starting. Batch 2/3 nodes will be set up on a first come, first served basis now. (Shouldn't be a big deal as long as deposits for partial stakes are made before the 18th)

Just make sure to update the thread with your Batch Number, Tx ID, stake amount, and a payout wallet address when making a deposit.

Updated OP:

Batch 2 DRK MN Waiting List (to be launched when team/funds complete and Batch 1 is stable) - CLOSED

5. jwuerz (Reddit)
6. Ozziecoin (Reddit)
7. RyanArr
8. Anon. Gentleman
9. Anon. Gentleman
10. 2dogs
11. Anon. Gentleman (d...7)
12. pyre

Batch 2 Deposit Address (Please leave Tx ID and amount in thread when making a stake deposit): XvJXGuqUBzdMxXjFJdX5fTzAXgxcpM5jWh

This waiting list closes June 18 9PM HST, in which case management fees double to 6% and service set up fees of 30DRK are incurred for setup fees.

Batch 3 Waiting List - (OPEN).
Batch 3 may be slotted in with Batch 2 Nodes in order to fill Batch 2 slots

13. Anon. Gentleman
14. RedditTooAddictive
15. JesseLivermore

Batch 3 Deposit Address (10 or 25% stakes, Please leave Tx ID and amount in thread when making a stake deposit): XucWymKo3MCmVvFwGW1SKBtNrshbmfBmpE

Please make sure to include extra DRK for the transmission fee (such as 0.01 DRK extra if sending from Cryptsy, for example) when making a stake deposit as well as a DRK payout address. Feel Free to PM me if you don't want this info to be public.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:13:33 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 10:23:40 PM by DyslexicZombei

Batch 2 MN Deposit:

100 DRK for 10%
Kauai Bitcoin Club (Optional: include extra name if representing more than one person)
TrxID: 0fc98a444630af31a49cc6cbc282dccebc1a2770352cbc2b5046d7eeda1f11d4
Payout address: XoMwHrqSCqQGYXQjUyodGeju6bqtyDdnqJ

=====

Just made this deposit for the first 10% of the first Batch 2 MasterNode. Please follow this format for deposits. When the wallet address hits 1000DRK I'll know to get the next node ready and to log the ownerships of that particular node.

It's possible that there may be mixed B2/B3 nodes where 2 people might own half of it, and 5 people from Batch 3 own the other half in five 10% stakes.

At this point: any deposits made before or on the 18th *should* lead to a fully functional and hardened MasterNode when payments start in one week on the 20th. If you're a later signup/deposit you may have to wait for a Node to fully fill up before your Node begins operations.

Mahalo!
rentahash

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:25:11 PM

Hi,
thnx for the news...
However my DRKs are on cryptsy.. not sure if i can make messages when transfering dark.
Please advice how to proceed.
thnx
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:25:53 PM

One more thing: if you were planning on sending 1000DRK, please hold off and you can send me the remote secure wallet public access once RC3 makes the hot/cold wallet access available for your 1000DRK so that you don't have to send me the coins or give me private access to your 1000DRK in the first place.

As Scott mentioned this is more secure and should've been implemented this way in the first place, so am happy to see it now.
rentahash

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:30:37 PM

I wish I had 1k,
however I can arange max 300 DRK at the moment
 Smiley
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:31:54 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 12:09:39 AM by DyslexicZombei

Hi,
thnx for the news...
However my DRKs are on cryptsy.. not sure if i can make messages when transfering dark.
Please advice how to proceed.
thnx

My latest batch was on there too. You can just sign on this thread or via PM if you want that info to be private.

Also: anyone wanting a whole node should hold off sending 1000DRK. I really don't want to have to directly deal with your stake funds in the first place to earn a management fee, but understand the need for it for partial stakes, so I'm glad that safe public access to your 1000DRK should be sufficient for me to set up a node for you, where I don't have access to associated private key info.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:40:40 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 12:08:53 AM by DyslexicZombei

I wish I had 1k,
however I can arange max 300 DRK at the moment
 Smiley

Well, that would still be about a third of what would be the equiv. of receiving payouts for a 45% loan if DRK is $15 and 1.152 DRK are earned on avg. per day for a year.

While coins appreciate and depreciate over time, you just don't see those types of returns from Buy/Hold in other coins; BTC doesn't naturally earn interest on itself just sitting there. The closest I've seen seems to be NXT but you need to hold at least a hundred thousand just to have a tiny chance to forge some coins.

I wouldn't be involved without those 10% 20% rewards offered for node ops and believe that the economic reward system Evan has set up with his background in economics will help set it apart from other alts.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 12:03:52 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 12:15:21 AM by DyslexicZombei

2 more entries added to the Batch 3 Waiting List, both via Reddit.

Thank you gentlemen and Welcome Aboard!

==

BTW, received a PM from someone looking for a new miner host because CEX.io is charging them 44% Management Fees for having his miners hosted there! I def. don't feel bad at all about a 3% Management Fee for Batch2/3 MasterNodes after hearing about this.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 12:50:49 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 01:10:39 AM by DyslexicZombei

Ah, just realized, that since the Kauai Bitcoin Club (all 3 of us) took a 10% stake in the Batch 2 node...the first four Batch 3 sign ups will definitely slot into Batch 2 instead (or 40% worth, which could be 2 or 3 people; whichever option that fills the node quickest).  So those guys score an earlier set up by getting their node set up earlier in the B2 queue ahead of Batch 3 setups.

One of the benefits of being quicker than the average bear, I suppose. Cheesy

==

Also, any nodes brought up before the 20th will only be brought up for brief testing and to print output of the node being functional with public node data that can be publicly cross referenced from the node debug logs and transaction history. The orig. node is actually down at the moment, and will be until later this evening when I continue locking it down with the darkcoind software not running. I will then quickly test that the latest hardening steps didn't limit node communications & functions, before taking it back down again.

I took it down because there's no need to risk our orig. stake funds when payouts aren't live yet, & better options are right around the corner in a week, which greatly reduces risk to 1000DRK wallet files meant for registering in the Darkcoin mempool as a confirmed Darkcoin MasterNode.

And if you missed the earlier update: if you're looking for a whole node, please don't send me your 1000DRK, rather wait until the method for safe public access of your 1000DRK wallet file (hopefully well encrypted by you, the 100% node owner) is made available in RC3 on the 20th before proceeding. That way, I won't have to touch your 100% stake or be responsible for your 1000DRK orig. stake as a whole node owner.

I may not be able to set up your node until the 21st or 22nd if you're a 100% node owner (and Otoh gets the first one, most likely on the afternoon/evening of the 20th; what we call "pau hana time"), but at least you'll be able to keep your 1000DRK and the private key info all to yourself for waiting until then.
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:30:21 AM

DZ:

1) I've signed up for a 250 DRK stake. Could I increase that to 500 DRK?
2) So let's say I send 500 DRK and you team me with another 500 DRK person. I'm assuming that you keep our stake money in a cold wallet using the new system, correct? The other team member never has access to anything/no trust is required?
3) You mention that three days' notice is required to withdraw funds so that you can line up another stakeholder. Do you really think the "market" for new stakeholders will be that liquid? I'm concerned that if my partner pulls out their money and you can't find a new stakeholder in three days, the MN will go down.

Thanks!

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
pyre

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:44:32 AM

Hey DZ,

Given the higher security standards that are being implemented with the MN code wallets, I think I'll be in for 1000drk instead of 250.

Thanks a lot for running this service, mate. It's a good deal and you're comporting yourself like a true professional. I'll have my coins ready for you on the 21st or sooner if you need.

Cheers.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 03:53:42 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 04:04:39 AM by DyslexicZombei

DZ:

1) I've signed up for a 250 DRK stake. Could I increase that to 500 DRK?
2) So let's say I send 500 DRK and you team me with another 500 DRK person. I'm assuming that you keep our stake money in a cold wallet using the new system, correct? The other team member never has access to anything/no trust is required?
3) You mention that three days' notice is required to withdraw funds so that you can line up another stakeholder. Do you really think the "market" for new stakeholders will be that liquid? I'm concerned that if my partner pulls out their money and you can't find a new stakeholder in three days, the MN will go down.

Thanks!

1. Sure, the more the merrier.  Cheesy
2. Yes, that's the beauty of taking advantage of the built in forum trust ratings. You don't have to trust some random team member, but hopefully a community member/operator that you did your due diligence on.
3. I think so. In general, I think that the value of these node slots will appreciate both slowly and with big growth spurts, so that owning a MasterNode or part of a functional and hardened node will be a valuable commodity and crypto asset in the long run, where just holding it with a Buy/Hold mentality comes with built in "interest" from MN operations rewards, when your Darkcoins are employed with trusted MasterNode Operators/Administrators as ownership stakes in nodes.

I've found after founding a large international miner's co-op that oftentimes teammates will happily take over a larger stake in something that is either paying out or due to payout shortly, when someone needed to drop out for whatever reason.

If I'm fortunate, and through hard work and word of mouth, perhaps I'll even have a running Reserve list of people either waiting for a node to fill up to 100% or to fill in a spot that will be vacated in 3 days. That would help tremendously for liquidity and to keep the rewards flowing without pause.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:00:02 AM

Hey DZ,

Given the higher security standards that are being implemented with the MN code wallets, I think I'll be in for 1000drk instead of 250.

Thanks a lot for running this service, mate. It's a good deal and you're comporting yourself like a true professional. I'll have my coins ready for you on the 21st or sooner if you need.

Cheers.

Ah, good choice! I'd do the same if I was in your shoes and I had over 1000DRK.  Smiley

You're welcome! I'd like to take this moment to actually say: "No, thank you." Seriously, this is where I'm in my natural element: both dealing with something technical and also having fun in marketing putting together innovative projects like this that help out fellow nerds like myself.  Cheesy

It's very much a 2 way effort, in which feedback from community needs/concerns drive how a deal/project is structured and secured.

So, from the bottom of my heart: an earnest Mahalo for those signing up for this brand new service, which I'm proud to have been the first to offer, and for those that have asked questions publicly or via PM that helped to clarify this service.

Also: a big thank you to Evan, the Dev team, and the Testing team for making this amazing coin and ecosystem possible in the first place. Alright, I have to get back to my job job, and not my fun job. Be back later if you sent me a PM here or on Reddit. Backed up getting a lot of PMs and questions so I'll try to get to your PM as soon as I can. Thanks.
Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:17:42 AM

Ah, just realized, that since the Kauai Bitcoin Club (all 3 of us) took a 10% stake in the Batch 2 node...the first four Batch 3 sign ups will definitely slot into Batch 2 instead (or 40% worth, which could be 2 or 3 people; whichever option that fills the node quickest).  So those guys score an earlier set up by getting their node set up earlier in the B2 queue ahead of Batch 3 setups.

One of the benefits of being quicker than the average bear, I suppose. Cheesy

==

DZ if I'm reading this correctly I can join batch 2 if I send my 10% to the batch 2 address now before it officially fills up?

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:16:50 AM

batch 2 slots are closed/reserved for those already signed up whether via PM or publicly.

However, yes for the first batch 3 sign ups that claim up to 40% (or some combo of this w multiple people), your node would be the next or 2nd next node to be set up as part of the first Batch 2 node.
rentahash

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:03:34 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 04:39:08 PM by rentahash

DyslexicZombei please advice how to make a transfer from Cryptsy as I cant find option to add comment for transaction.
EDIT: (If there is a need)
daddeo

Activity: 129

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 03:13:47 PM

I'm also interested in at least a 25% stake. Would this allow me to get in Batch 3? I'm unclear as to how you're dividing up the batches. Will there be multiple nodes available for Batch 3's pricing? I'd like it to be setup and managed. Please advise on the next step. Thank you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: