Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 12:21:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DyslexicZombei's Darkcoin Community MasterNode Svcs: CLOSED. Nodes 2 4 5 Refunds  (Read 27907 times)
rentahash

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:33:30 AM

Hey DZ,
hows going with Node #2 Smiley
are we on schedule for the 20th Smiley

cheers

Nodes 2 and 3 have completed funding. I never got to work on the node last night. I have a deadline on a Linux server that's the same day nodes go live unfortunately. This lovely machine connecting to a prototype sensor somewhere in the Pacific is at about 500 vulnerabilities out of 550 closed and it only took me 3 weeks to do it manually since there's no sanctioned automated tools for this.  Tongue

What's doubly ridiculous is that I'm doing all this for a standalone controller server that doesn't touch any wired or wireless networks and no one will stick their neck out for a waiver of some sort. Is it any wonder why our R&D process has become so slow and expensive?

Anyway, our nodes aren't going to be locked down to this uber-draconian level as a lot of it is unnecessary in the first place. I am def. working on our MasterNode template tonight though, and the wallets are full for 2 more nodes.

I am unsure if the hardening will be complete. I was at about 95% when I left off. I believe that we're still well on track for the 20th. Security looks good but I'm not going to clone the instance until I'm 100% happy with the security. No stake funds will be held in the nodes but someone could technically point a node at a different wallet (by bringing it up as a new node with a new privkey) or they could disable the node, if they somehow got in past multiple layers of security (and common sense security), so I definitely don't want to underestimate the security aspect.

Those of us in InfoSec tend to be paranoid by nature. For example, you'll never see one of us picking up some strange thumbdrive they found and plugging it into corp. LAN or classified PC (a classic vector for directed malware via phishing attack).

On the 20th: I'll go to work later that day, but I'll only have a few hours to work on nodes before heading to work Friday morning so hopefully the fork goes well. If all goes well, I won't have to be worried sick about our nodes while still trying to make this important work deadline that my co-workers are depending on.

Thank you for taking this matter on this professional level, I am very grateful for your concerns and cautious in regards to security.
It makes me feel that it is more secured in your "MN wallet" then to keep DRKs in my laptop or Cryptsy Smiley.

Cheers!

jwuerz

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 12:27:26 PM

Thanks for all involved!

I am in node 4 and it is very nice of you guys to offer to help fill her up.
bregge

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:06:26 PM

Thanks for all involved!

I would do with 300drk but dont know how.
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:44:37 PM

Thanks for all involved!

You just send to the address he listed a few pages back, then PM him your transaction ID and a darkcoin address where you want to receive your MN payments. It's easy!

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
DyslexicZombei (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:32:53 PM

If node 4 is short of the 1,000 DRK, I'm happy at any time to top up to the full amount when DZ needs it to go live, likewise for node 5 etc, so if you put coins in to a shared node you're guaranteed it will be a full functioning one, I'll leave the time frame up to DZ when to ask me to fill partially invested nodes, maybe once a week or when they get up to 500 DRK or something.

That's awesome of you to make that offer Otoh. Thank you!

We might have to take you up on that depending on how the next 13.5 hours works out.

The Node #4 wallet is currently 95% full! Depending on how the deposits work out, one of the later deposits may have to shift to a possible Node #5, due to the way the stake ownerships must fit like a puzzle to equal 1000DRK - hence the mixing/matching of earlier B2 reservations and later B3 reservations.

People in Node #5 can wait to be generously rescued by Otoh to fill the Node OR ask a penalty free refund (since nothing happened).

I have to head to work, but I'll check PMs this evening on Reddit and here, before giving the final community fund raising update for this launch period of this service.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:37:40 PM

Thanks for all involved!

You just send to the address he listed a few pages back, then PM him your transaction ID and a darkcoin address where you want to receive your MN payments. It's easy!

Thanks for helping him out ddink7. I love it when a community pulls together to help one another out. I know capitalism is a dog eat dog world, but I do love it when cooperation, altruism, and compassion can be integrated into capitalism.
roede94105

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:39:03 PM

If node 4 is short of the 1,000 DRK, I'm happy at any time to top up to the full amount when DZ needs it to go live, likewise for node 5 etc, so if you put coins in to a shared node you're guaranteed it will be a full functioning one, I'll leave the time frame up to DZ when to ask me to fill partially invested nodes, maybe once a week or when they get up to 500 DRK or something.

We might have to take you up on that depending on how the next 13.5 hours works out.

The Node #4 wallet is currently 95% full! Depending on how the deposits work out, one of the later deposits may have to shift to a possible Node #5, due to the way the stake ownerships must fit like a puzzle to equal 1000DRK - hence the mixing/matching of earlier B2 reservations and later B3 reservations.

People in Node #5 can wait to be generously rescued by Otoh to fill the Node OR ask a penalty free refund (since nothing happened).

I have to head to work, but I'll check PMs this evening on Reddit and here, before giving the final community fund raising update for this launch period of this service.

Hey Zombie, R2A from Reddit here,

I was just wondering if I had something to do for the setup of my full node (1k dark) or not,

I'm so eager to have mine setup  Tongue

Good luck with your work!
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:27:34 PM

I'm happy to put in a float that you can use to complete any node, say when it gets to 750 DRK or what ever, just draw from my deposit what's needed to cleanly complete it any time rather than needing to juggle odd amounts in the final stages of each node, you choose when you wish to top out any node and move on to the next basically.

If this works for you then I'll send 1,000 DRK specifically for node top up completions to use at your discretion and will keep the float refilled as necessary upon request.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
ddink7
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:59:17 PM

I'm happy to put in a float that you can use to complete any node, say when it gets to 750 DRK or what ever, just draw from my deposit what's needed to cleanly complete it any time rather than needing to juggle odd amounts in the final stages of each node, you choose when you wish to top out any node and move on to the next basically.

If this works for you then I'll send 1,000 DRK specifically for node top up completions to use at your discretion and will keep the float refilled as necessary upon request.

Wow that is so awesome of you Otoh! What an amazing community.

Dash - Digital Cash
Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:50:47 PM

You rock, Otoh!

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
ddink7
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:02:19 PM

DZ: Otoh kind of gave me an idea.

Once the nodes fill up and get rolling, what if you had somebody that filled the role of liquidity provider. Let's say this person committed 1000 DRK to (temporarily) fill up any nodes that were about to go offline because of withdrawals. As soon as a new investor was found, the liquidity provider's money would be returned to him/her, along with a portion of the 1.5% withdrawal fee.

Let's say Bob needs his 250 DRK back, but Bob shares the node with me (David). Under the present system, Bob pays a 1.5% penalty (3.75 DRK) and gets his withdrawal in three days. In those three days, Sally decides to put in 250 DRK to fill up the node. She is also charged a 1.5% fee (3.75 DRK). Total fees of 7.5 DRK go to you for administrative overhead. But what if there is no Sally? What if the node goes a week or two without being filled. Then I would be understandably unhappy and would be losing money!

Under the proposed system, we'll use Otoh as an example liquidity provider. He has 1000 DRK in his own cold wallet that only he has access to. Bob decides to pull out his 250 DRK and pays the 3.75 DRK fee. You contact Otoh (the liquidity provider) who immediately sends you 250 DRK to fill the node back up. You then process Bob's withdrawal. A week later, Sally buys in, pays her 3.75 DRK, and you return Otoh's 250 DRK to him along with a portion of the fees (say half, or 3.75 DRK).

Benefits: Node never goes offline, person who is withdrawing money gets their money back faster, you have less administrative headache because I'm not going to be sending you PMs bitching about my node being offline, and the liquidity provider makes a healthy profit (maybe not as much as running a node themselves, but still decent). What do you think?

Dash - Digital Cash
jwuerz

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:26:34 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2014, 11:54:46 PM by jwuerz

Thanks to all who are willing to help get these nodes online!

Also, DZ,  I will raise my investment from 10% - 15% in order to cover the rest of node 4.

Thanks for the help again!

Edit:  Transaction ID:  f3f2da53d535f46c7bf36b020bf3abfbf5e9737bd215d20abf1421771c5ade83-000
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:10:23 AM

DZ, please post a tipping address if you can.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:27:33 AM

Hey Zombie, R2A from Reddit here,

I was just wondering if I had something to do for the setup of my full node (1k dark) or not,

I'm so eager to have mine setup  Tongue

Good luck with your work!

Thank you! We're waiting for RC3 and instructions to go public before the cold storage of DRK wallets for nodes owned by one person can be implemented. Please *don't* send me your 1000DRK if you want a full node or two...or a bunch.

If I had my way, I wouldn't touch anyone's DRK stake funds to set up these partial nodes, but alas...

Full node owners with a Setup Reservation: please be patient and wait for RC3 to release before sending me an encrypted and complex password protected wallet file in which I won't have access to the original stake funds (and there's less anxiety on my part about handling large amounts of other people's funds).

Also, I'll be contacting full node owners in the order in which they contacted me before or when RC3 releases so for prompt set-up when I get to your full node in the Q, please have your encrypted 10000DRK wallet files and other relevant info per developer instructions. Assuming the first few nodes aren't having issues with the hard fork, I'll be starting full node setup on the evening of the 20th when I get back from work. On Friday or this weekend: If you can have this wallet file(s) and other relevant info ready for me, that will help immensely with speeding up setup time.

Since this thread has taken on a life of its own but is starting to branch off into discussion about Full Nodes: I'll likely start a Full Node thread on this subforum tomorrow night to help organize that effort to separate it from the Partial Node aspect of this thread, so also please keep an eye out for that.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:34:58 AM

DZ, please post a tipping address if you can.

Hi tifozi,

That's not necessary but thank you very much for the sentiment. If someone wants to buy me a beer, a lollipop, or something: XcbPGJKXPq4UMNrCBzza7kWEWeDjLSsTdq
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:36:33 AM

Thanks to all who are willing to help get these nodes online!

Also, DZ,  I will raise my investment from 10% - 15% in order to cover the rest of node 4.

Thanks for the help again!

Edit:  Transaction ID:  f3f2da53d535f46c7bf36b020bf3abfbf5e9737bd215d20abf1421771c5ade83-000

Ah, that was you. I hadn't checked PMs yet but ah what the heck: you can be the one 15 percenter. As far as partial MasterNode owners and their stake percentages: You're one of a kind my man.  Grin

I confirm that Node #4 is also full thanks to jwuerz and his 15% stake. Nice!

From PMs I'm going through on other sites on Darkcoin Talk & Reddit, it looks like Node #5 may fill up or almost fill up as well. I extended the funding deadline a day just for those that sent me an offsite PM yesterday, since we still have a little time.

For everyone else: the deadline is in 3 hours and 20 minutes to get a partial stake deposit in before nodes go live on the 20th.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:51:59 AM

And a 250DRK deposit was just received.

Looks like we're definitely doing a Community Node #5.  Smiley

Please send a follow up PM with your TrxID when you get a chance. Mahalo!
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:15:50 AM

Here's output from a typical debug log I just took:
ReviewingTransaction:
CTransaction(hash=72da8129fe8851002ff861f15758dcec25754b40fb4e6769edfd7db5c2744f68, ver=1, vin.size=1, vout.size=2, nLockTime=0)
    CTxIn(COutPoint(fd6ccdec860fc4c7acd538b864edf53b186a834f4607b56b2c7f43c6407c2c64, 1), scriptSig=304502201469358bc4758d34)
    CTxOut(nValue=1.00000000, scriptPubKey=OP_DUP OP_HASH160 367d56751ff6)
    CTxOut(nValue=0.88279505, scriptPubKey=OP_DUP OP_HASH160 40bb6e9b10bd)
ReviewingTransaction:
CTransaction(hash=2773bc3003ac85467acc0289d5d70b2f65222f9277d33b1f833e381485ae2ed8, ver=1, vin.size=9, vout.size=2, nLockTime=0)
    CTxIn(COutPoint(0e4e58c93ef40bf6049d061369ad8bbfb4e4b1b3285728a2a432e708ed757507, 1), scriptSig=3045022000c2fcce9417bf77)
    CTxIn(COutPoint(b0255491365873a9d47d133e0d7aa77ae0481314c9d59d9e7eef95ac2efb05b1, 1), scriptSig=30450221009c8b3d1f19fdb4)
    CTxIn(COutPoint(2350f4a60e02d5ad9e655fd535a0b1ded10dbd6aacb290cf31ddbe036ab43f90, 26), scriptSig=3045022100c437f2a10dfd29)
    CTxIn(COutPoint(271ea3569d2b95d0dbffff3b6f2c4e70d33e840dfdceed5869813a358e5223d6, 32), scriptSig=3046022100e343d5d1a5996d)
    CTxIn(COutPoint(52c5296e4a5d039a52db026ac2f9aaa6a6b56c3d048efdc811235e2a91202edc, 25), scriptSig=3046022100d761c4c64fc538)
    CTxIn(COutPoint(58045bd6153676e09a17ff50a3fe238da04050d9ab7ad3f19c08def6bbfc7021, 1), scriptSig=3044022005a8e7ccfc5e4c4d)
    CTxIn(COutPoint(2745086909404394122f3389175eb72d00f28cc0b1245a635be9c4c6bf3abc5a, 27), scriptSig=304602210099911256b6eddc)
    CTxIn(COutPoint(9aa2b1a26b2905986e16a13a575c91fc2372112560498bb6d378852565a09321, 0), scriptSig=3044022048db7a0a0bb23b1d)
    CTxIn(COutPoint(2e849df93c6b85a8e5b1a8ea3f3923f859032a2ce98c05f41cfc5f9a47a4d709, 25), scriptSig=304302203e773da4948e3407)
    CTxOut(nValue=0.10000000, scriptPubKey=OP_DUP OP_HASH160 77e323dfc07e)
    CTxOut(nValue=0.01000262, scriptPubKey=OP_DUP OP_HASH160 5087f657c107)

and...

~$ darkcoind getmininginfo
{
    "blocks" : 84280,
    "currentblocksize" : 0,
    "currentblocktx" : 0,
    "difficulty" : 3944.60143001,
    "errors" : "Hard Fork Alert: Masternode Payments begin on Friday, June 20th. Please update! http://goo.gl/ucp4m7",
    "generate" : false,
    "genproclimit" : -1,
    "hashespersec" : 0,
    "networkhashps" : 92037686122,
    "pooledtx" : 0,
    "testnet" : false

Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:41:36 AM

DZ, as far as security goes, a potential hole here is that our bitcointalk logins could be compromised (probably much easier than a 2fa MintPal account) and someone could pm you claiming to be one of us stakeholders telling you to close out the stake and send the DRK to a different address than the payout addresses we initially provide you.
Because of this potential security lapse it might be wise to make the payout address also be the cash out address and then not enable anyone to ever change their cashout address. Or maybe we should email you now our own email addresses and you could simply send a confirming email if someone absolutely must change their cashout address?

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
ddink7
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:27:15 AM

DZ, as far as security goes, a potential hole here is that our bitcointalk logins could be compromised (probably much easier than a 2fa MintPal account) and someone could pm you claiming to be one of us stakeholders telling you to close out the stake and send the DRK to a different address than the payout addresses we initially provide you.
Because of this potential security lapse it might be wise to make the payout address also be the cash out address and then not enable anyone to ever change their cashout address. Or maybe we should email you now our own email addresses and you could simply send a confirming email if someone absolutely must change their cashout address?

Damn good idea. Does Darkcoin allow the signing of messages like Bitcoin does? If so, DZ could only accept properly signed messages.

Dash - Digital Cash
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: