Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:01:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DyslexicZombei's Darkcoin Community MasterNode Svcs: CLOSED. Nodes 2 4 5 Refunds  (Read 27887 times)
rentahash

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:32:12 PM

I am calm ... my sense for scammers always alarms me in advance...
think logically, why he should loose great income stream from managing MNs for one rape shot, loosing all of his credibility in community!
It is simply not logical...

Lets calm down and wait for an update from DZ.

BR all

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:58:04 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2014, 07:09:54 PM by 2dogs

At the beginning (6/16), when DZ was setting this up and (to me) appeared overwhelmed, I asked DZ if I could help with some of the admin stuff, like spreadsheets.
He responded in this PM:

Oh thank you, thank you for the offer. It's much appreciated.

I will def. keep you in mind should this become a big hit and/or should thomas_s choose to no longer do it.

Cheers

I respected that, and took it as someone who gets things done by doing everything himself, instead of delegating - maybe too much, perhaps?

This is starting to smell, but I'm willing to give DZ a few more days to show up.  
Tomorrow is July 16 - the deadline for me would be midnight Saturday, July 19.
Posts in the scammer section would be next.

I truly hope DZ didn't have some emergency, and that he is okay.
Maybe it's just a matter of bad communication - we'll see.

Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:28:54 PM

Agreed. I would actually give him till Sunday the 20th though just in case he was on vacation for an extended time.

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
2dogs
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 07:32:55 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2014, 12:07:44 AM by 2dogs

Agreed. I would actually give him till Sunday the 20th though just in case he was on vacation for an extended time.

Okay, till 23:59:59  Sunday, July 20, 2014 HST.

DZ, please check in - let us know you are still alive and well.
CripLib

Activity: 175

Crypto Liberty

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:07:02 PM

"I do want to believe in DZ. I do hope I am wrong. And I already apologise if I have been unjust. But the moment thomas_s said he has nothing to do with it, while DZ said, many times, that thomas_s is his partner, and responsible for part of the works, I can hardly have any hopes any more.

"Thank you for your post. I agree with you, Let's wait and see."

INSTANT GAMBLING  .!..PRIMEDICE.... 0.91% HOUSE EDGE
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄               HIGH BTC FAUCET EACH MINUTE!                    SELL YOUR SIGNATURE SPACE FOR BITCOINS!
THE WORLD'S MOST POPULAR BITCOIN GAMBLING WEBSITE
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:40:11 AM

I last heard from him 30th June I think, he didn't say that he'd be out of communication, but had earlier sent this:

"Late July works for me. I wasn't able to travel this year, but some of the family is heading this way. I have a mini-family reunion but they all leave by the middle of the month."

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
2dogs
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:49:11 AM

I last heard from him 30th June I think, he didn't say that he'd be out of communication, but had earlier sent this:

"Late July works for me. I wasn't able to travel this year, but some of the family is heading this way. I have a mini-family reunion but they all leave by the middle of the month."

Thanks for this - reassuring, to say the least.

However, this brings up the issue of a backup - what if there was a REAL emergency or for whatever reason, DZ was unable to perform?
Shouldn't we have a contingency plan in place?
Verified and tested - not just someone saying, "thomas_s has all the details" or whatever.

I know there are other larger players here that would - or should - be interested in a "plan B".

Maybe we can take this incident as a "wake up call"?
raganius

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:56:46 AM

Indeed. This shows that communication is king. This piece of information can explain many things that before were open to interpretation.

A contingency plan IS indeed necessary. For example: having a someone else responsible, trustworth to DZ and to the group, for unexpected situations is very important.

The idea with this service is great. I have always believed in it. And it is from difficult moments like these that it gets improved.

I'm happy for you all.
CripLib

Crypto Liberty

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:44:35 AM

Thanks for this - reassuring, to say the least.

However, this brings up the issue of a backup - what if there was a REAL emergency or for whatever reason, DZ was unable to perform?
Shouldn't we have a contingency plan in place?
Verified and tested - not just someone saying, "thomas_s has all the details" or whatever.

I know there are other larger players here that would - or should - be interested in a "plan B".

Maybe we can take this incident as a "wake up call"?

Thank you so much Otoh, for your post. I am really glad to see things getting cleared after all.

Also, 2dogs, thank you for your post. If the community works on a solution for a contingency plan, I want to collaborate as best as I can.

Cheers

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄               HIGH BTC FAUCET EACH MINUTE!                    SELL YOUR SIGNATURE SPACE FOR BITCOINS!
2C-Bee

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:24:00 AM

The payout date has passed, even though promised by DZ that they would be on schedule this time around. Disappointed.
2dogs
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:57:45 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2014, 05:23:17 AM by 2dogs

The payout date has passed, even though promised by DZ that they would be on schedule this time around. Disappointed.

Still only 6:57 PM, here - HST.

But reading other posts of payouts received by others, earlier.

Come on DZ,  we don't want to go down this path.
CripLib

Crypto Liberty

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 06:51:08 AM

Well, DZ has been online today. At least we can assume that he is well.

DyslexicZombei (OP)

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 07:24:22 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2014, 07:45:08 AM by DyslexicZombei

Guys, I'm here. I absolutely can't run off with peoples funds as I'd lose my job/clearance and many forum members including Otoh know my real ID and have my real contact info. I did have to take time off for a family reunion as mentioned and didn't have access to my usual IT gadgets. Was my first real break in 2 years. My wife said I was getting way too snappy with everything going on and I left off with several hundred reservations for full nodes that I completely stopped because of Node 3 problems.

The sum of it is Node 3 is offline and showing problems, Node 2 needs to be brought back up again and showed modest returns, and Node 4 is up but has had crappy mining returns.

When I did have time to break away from family I was working on problems with Node 3 or bringing Nodes back up that didn't go offline as remote servers but became disconnected as Master Nodes. Node 3 has been driving me nuts and after problems with our Hot Wallet in Node 1, where I was completely ignored by Evan regarding problems I was seeing as a Beta tester for his network with Node 1's hot wallet, I don't feel that I'll get any help/support with this one either. The best way to describe the problem is in picture form:

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll87/SurfSkateKauai/Corruptedblockdatabase.png

=66771012&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=2]http://s286.photobucket.com/user/SurfSkateKauai/media/coldwalletdisappears.png.html?filters[user]=66771012&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=2

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll87/SurfSkateKauai/ReceivingAddressesonDZNode3.png
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 07:42:25 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2014, 08:04:23 AM by DyslexicZombei

Currently working on node 3 at the moment and that's priority 1. It's showing possible progress (finally) but I hope to be able to regain association with the Node 3 stake. Yes, the node 3 stake has been disassociated with the local wallet, but this latest rebuild appears to be working so far...but I can't guarantee jack with with beta software and a coin creator/programmer that wouldn't even look into our RC2 Node 1 wallet problem.

I've been one of Darkcoin's biggest and most public cheerleaders but I am re-thinking this whole community and even multiple full node service: I had original wallet files and even a copy of the blockchain and database for Node 3 from prior to the disassociation. Didn't seem to make a difference whether I was using an old copy (which appears to be a copy of a corrupt file) of the database/blockchain or the latest copy of the these two sets of files.

There's funding for half of node 5, with an offer to fill the rest from a community member & I would be turning down *several hundred* node reservations but I can't, at the moment in good faith, recommend a multiple node setup for anyone unless they use separate PCs or virtual machines where they make several offline copies of the wallet file *&* database/blockchain. I can't recommend that anyone set up a cold wallet without realizing that they're depending on zeroes and ones and the perfect harmony of beta software, and that even with backup wallet files and backup databases/blockchain, the cold wallet may *still* be at risk, as I unfortunately found out.

I may end up just finishing out the month and refunding everyone without penalties based on how this latest rebuild attempt goes for Node 3. It's been a bit disheartening to see the nodes just fall offline like that and one node (Node 2) which is actually the best earning node is requiring its 3rd setup/restart in 2 weeks. Every node has required a restart and reactivation at least once in the last two weeks; at this point these nodes can't be set and forgotten about for weeks or months.

I'm working on the spreadsheets and the payments will go out tomorrow morning, including Node 3, whatever it's showing. For Node 3, I said I wasn't going to guarantee payouts when nodes were down/problematic but I will send the mining output of 2 Zeusminer Blizzards and my 750TI from the 2nd to the 15th as a partial compensation. I have no idea what they've earned but whatever they've earned I'll convert to DRK and split that among Node 3 owners along with the last Node 3 payments withheld while I tried to reassociate the local wallet with the cold wallet deposit (yes, as awful and scary as that sounds).

TL;DR: Node 3 owners will see two sets of payouts tomorrow. Node 2 and 4 will see payouts from July 1-15.

I was supposed to send the Node 3 payouts from late June but I wasn't touching anything related to the balance of Node 3 and its local wallet until I was convinced there was no hope in regaining association with the cold wallet stake payment for Node 3.
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 07:47:07 AM

DZ suggest you just run MN with wallet.dat. If it's good enough for Satoshi, it's good enough for me.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 07:49:40 AM

With node 1, physically copy wallet.dat to a local comp. Then send exactly 1000 darks to a fresh wallet from the copied wallet.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 07:51:37 AM

DZ suggest you just run MN with wallet.dat. If it's good enough for Satoshi, it's good enough for me.

I do. Only Node 1 was set up via the hot wallet method.

I'd say including copies of wallet.dat: make copies of your database and blockchain in your user's AppData folder (if using Windows) while things are working well and hope that the copy you made isn't corrupt if you need to use it.

Rebuild *appears* to be going well so far: was showing about 3.5 DRK previous to this evening's latest rebuild attempt (of many). Still syncing but finally seeing 1000DRK as the balance at the moment! Crossing fingers, toes, etc.
rentahash

Activity: 201

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 07:54:40 AM

Guys, I'm here. I absolutely can't run off with peoples funds as I'd lose my job/clearance and many forum members including Otoh know my real ID and have my real contact info. I did have to take time off for a family reunion as mentioned and didn't have access to my usual IT gadgets. Was my first real break in 2 years. My wife said I was getting way too snappy with everything going on and I left off with several hundred reservations for full nodes that I completely stopped because of Node 3 problems.

The sum of it is Node 3 is offline and showing problems, Node 2 needs to be brought back up again and showed modest returns, and Node 4 is up but has had crappy mining returns.

When I did have time to break away from family I was working on problems with Node 3 or bringing Nodes back up that didn't go offline as remote servers but became disconnected as Master Nodes. Node 3 has been driving me nuts and after problems with our Hot Wallet in Node 1, where I was completely ignored by Evan regarding problems I was seeing as a Beta tester for his network with Node 1's hot wallet, I don't feel that I'll get any help/support with this one either. The best way to describe the problem is in picture form:

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll87/SurfSkateKauai/Corruptedblockdatabase.png

=66771012&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=2]http://s286.photobucket.com/user/SurfSkateKauai/media/coldwalletdisappears.png.html?filters[user]=66771012&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=2

Glad to hear that you are fine, I was worried that something happen to you.
Problems with MNs will be solved dont worry, it just takes time, lets all try to be constructive here and try helping DZ at least to pull pressure off him as much as we can!

DZ I dont know if you have contact with chaeplin or GhostPlayer, they seems to be very handful in masternodes issues on main thread, maybe they can help since devs are too busy with RC4.

We all have to realize that this project is still in development and problems will be rising in the future as well, before we are in production 100%.

Stay well,
and if you find anything further we as your clients could help you, feel free to ask, at least you can count on me for any assistance!
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 07:59:22 AM

With node 1, physically copy wallet.dat to a local comp. Then send exactly 1000 darks to a fresh wallet from the copied wallet.

Yeah, regarding that one. Node 1 re-build attempt was attempted a final time when I wasn't trying to rebuild Node 3's local wallet association. I moved away 1K from this Node 1/2 wallet (that originally had at least 2k) and restarted the node using a different PC. Therefore, the local wallet was now only associated with just one node instead of using a Cold Wallet and a Hot Wallet with different launch conf files to try to connect to 2 nodes.

So, the local wallet was the orig. wallet associated with the Hot Wallet payment. Problem was even with a fresh darkcoin client install and restoring the orig. wallet file, the hot wallet stake payment still looks to go to some accountaddress0 representing a privkey that never released the coins back when I took the RC2 Hot Wallet node down.

I can't regenerate another privkey because we never got our DRK back (45% which was mine) after the hot wallet payment was sent to whereever it is that hot wallet payments hold these funds to register as a masternode.
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:06:27 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2014, 08:25:55 AM by DyslexicZombei

Glad to hear that you are fine, I was worried that something happen to you.
Problems with MNs will be solved dont worry, it just takes time, lets all try to be constructive here and try helping DZ at least to pull pressure off him as much as we can!

DZ I dont know if you have contact with chaeplin or GhostPlayer, they seems to be very handful in masternodes issues on main thread, maybe they can help since devs are too busy with RC4.

We all have to realize that this project is still in development and problems will be rising in the future as well, before we are in production 100%.

Stay well,
and if you find anything further we as your clients could help you, feel free to ask, at least you can count on me for any assistance!

Thanks. I actually reached out to one of the guide creators to be a co-admin but this person went on vacation, then I went on vacation. I have been too busy after getting back from this short vacation to follow up with this individual. This person is interested so perhaps reinforcements and improvements in code could convince me to continue this service which I think has a lot of potential (if the dang bugs and masternode disconnects could be stomped out).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: