Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:08:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSING] GHash.IO mining pool official page  (Read 149383 times)
TheAnalogKid

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 02:36:07 AM

When I first started mining I read everywhere the perils of mining with ghash, from the 51% possibility, to the double spends, etc.  I eventually mined here just to see for myself whether there were any issues or whether it was all just fud.  Pretty much came to the same conclusion lots of others had, that there was something that just didn't add up at the end of the day. 

But do a simple test for yourself and you'll see. Split your hash power between 2 or 3 pools (I'd suggest Kano, btcguild as two good alternatives) and you'll see quickly why you shouldn't stay on ghash.  I did this (I used btcguild and p2pool since Kano wasn't around yet) and payouts with ghash were consistently 20-30% lower than the others.  And yes, I ran the miners for about a month this way to lessen the impact of bad luck streaks skewing the numbers.

I don't know the reasons and frankly don't care as much anymore.  The bottom line is that I earned significantly less than I should have while on here compared to everywhere else I tried. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 02:02:12 PM

This place down again? All miners just stopped hashing on this pool and dropped to secondary already. Every damn pool is getting hit. POOL OPERATORS, put some more protection in there will ya!

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 03:05:34 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2015, 03:22:32 PM by opentoe

When I first started mining I read everywhere the perils of mining with ghash, from the 51% possibility, to the double spends, etc.  I eventually mined here just to see for myself whether there were any issues or whether it was all just fud.  Pretty much came to the same conclusion lots of others had, that there was something that just didn't add up at the end of the day.  

But do a simple test for yourself and you'll see. Split your hash power between 2 or 3 pools (I'd suggest Kano, btcguild as two good alternatives) and you'll see quickly why you shouldn't stay on ghash.  I did this (I used btcguild and p2pool since Kano wasn't around yet) and payouts with ghash were consistently 20-30% lower than the others.  And yes, I ran the miners for about a month this way to lessen the impact of bad luck streaks skewing the numbers.

I don't know the reasons and frankly don't care as much anymore.  The bottom line is that I earned significantly less than I should have while on here compared to everywhere else I tried.  

What pool to try and use. I never tried antpool and I don't think I ever tried Kano's pool. Didn't Kano have a pool up a while ago and then shut it down? Is that the same Kano?

baykan

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 03:30:29 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2015, 03:42:34 PM by baykan

I'm new to Ghash but there is something weird with one of my workers.
Although it was set to one S3+ machine's Load Balance to three pools lets say 150 GH/s,
it's showing more than 1,5 TH/s at Ghash.
But my shares from each block reduced.
This pool looks like not stable.

Same s3+ machine working perfect with the same Load Balance settings with Slush and eclipse pools.

This may be because of the DDos or some more attack.
And finally

Why my hash rate looks increased to 1.5 -1.9 TH/s although my shares are reducing Huh

Somebody faking, haking and stilling our coins ?

What's wrong ?

In addition:
I have no pending balance ? Do I have have to restart the S3+ machine or switch to other pools?
FreeK

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 04:09:54 PM

What's wrong ?

In addition:
I have no pending balance ? Do I have have to restart the S3+ machine or switch to other pools?

Switch pool as soon as possible.
TheAnalogKid

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 04:13:38 PM

What pool to try and use. I never tried antpool and I don't think I ever tried Kano's pool. Didn't Kano have a pool up a while ago and then shut it down? Is that the same Kano?
My opinion - stay away from Antpool, I find them untrustworthy as far as what they claim to be, and what they actually deliver.

Kano and CKOlivas have 2 pools at the moment, and I have mined at both (and currently do mine at Kano).

CK's solo mining pool - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=763510.0 - this is pure solo mining (gambling), if you hit a block you get the full 25BTC reward.  If you don't, you get nothing.  I will point some miners there every once in a while for a gamble, but have gotten no blocks to date.

Kano's pool - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789369.0 - this is a traditional PPLNS mining pool, but they go out to 500% for payment which is longer than most PPLNS (means more chances at higher amounts of shares, i.e. higher payout per block).

I personally have about 1/3 of my hash pointed to Kano's pool, 2/3 to Nastypool (P2Pool based.  Disclaimer - I recently donated a server to the Nasty Mining pool setup, running as their US node, so I'm pretty biased to there).

I have also used BTCGuild and my own P2Pool node in the past.  BTCGuild is still in most of my miner configs as my 3rd ultimate backup pool.
baykan

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 07:06:42 PM

What's wrong ?

In addition:

Well,

I have switched to other pools immediately after your message. I have a 0,00568111 btc in my account which is neglectable.
My pending balance is still "0". Although my workers (was more than one=2) included in last several block solvings.
I have lost my miners work ?
People are happy I think, am I the only one complaining here?
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 08:01:23 PM

What's wrong ?

In addition:

Well,

I have switched to other pools immediately after your message. I have a 0,00568111 btc in my account which is neglectable.
My pending balance is still "0". Although my workers (was more than one=2) included in last several block solvings.
I have lost my miners work ?
People are happy I think, am I the only one complaining here?

Read the thread. People are running away like the house is on fire.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
baykan

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 09:12:20 PM

I left the pool.

Eclipse and Slush is best from my point of view.
BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 10:07:22 PM

I left the pool.

eclipse is owned by a scammer company and if you want your mined btc you may want to investigate into using them.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:31:20 AM

I left the pool.

I would recommend against Eclipse. It is run and owned by Butterfly Labs. They have done a lot of harm to this community.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 05:42:15 AM

I left the pool.

I would recommend against Eclipse. It is run and owned by Butterfly Labs. They have done a lot of harm to this community.

Eclipse is not a good recommendation.

At some point that place will get shut down with an IRS or other government entity.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
graymatter

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:51:34 AM

are people still on this pool?

If you do the math yourselves, we ran a 2 month samples set on Ghash, and got about 20% - 30% less than what we calculated.  Over 2 months, we should expect to see less than a 10% bad luck, month over month though.

They claim to be zero fee, but don't publish there PPLN stats.  I've been on ANTPOOL with 3 petahash's now for several months after being robbed blind from Ghash.io, and I have gotten exactly what was predicted, perhaps more.  Right now pool luck for last several months is at about 102%

Like I said, we have an excel breakdown that shows the prediction of what we should have gotten vs what we got over a more than a 'week span' 60 days.  I believe it's high way robbery and you can tell this company is desperate.  Get your coins out if you have any there before they take them all when they file chapter 11.

I've stopped using them as a backup pool so it insures they don't make anything...
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 05:13:04 AM

If you do the math yourselves, we ran a 2 month samples set on Ghash, and got about 20% - 30% less than what we calculated.  Over 2 months, we should expect to see less than a 10% bad luck, month over month though.

They claim to be zero fee, but don't publish there PPLN stats.  I've been on ANTPOOL with 3 petahash's now for several months after being robbed blind from Ghash.io, and I have gotten exactly what was predicted, perhaps more.  Right now pool luck for last several months is at about 102%

Like I said, we have an excel breakdown that shows the prediction of what we should have gotten vs what we got over a more than a 'week span' 60 days.  I believe it's high way robbery and you can tell this company is desperate.  Get your coins out if you have any there before they take them all when they file chapter 11.

I've stopped using them as a backup pool so it insures they don't make anything...

All your posts, literally, are all negative towards Ghash. When someone posts so much regarding the same thing over and over it makes it more hard for us to believe you. I was very skeptical when I switched to Ghash a while ago.  This was when they were like %30 of the network and everyone wouldn't shut up about a take over. See folks, it never happened. All that gossip over nothing. Anyway I ran the miners I had one month on the Guild. Just left the coin I earned right in there. Then I switched over to Ghash and ran them for the same exact days and left the coin in there. Both pools ran smooth, no outages on my end or their end. The bottom line is I earned approximately %14 more while hasing on Ghash. You can't just join a PPLS pool for a week and use your final numbers to say that Ghash is a scam or they steal your money. At LEAST 30 days you should mine at a pool to get your stats/figure. Go ahead and try your test again, and when the miners are mining on the pools don't touch them, just let them do their thing! Clean out  your hot wallet on each pool  you are going to test and test again, but at least 30 days.

abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:49:15 AM

All your posts, literally, are all negative towards Ghash. When someone posts so much regarding the same thing over and over it makes it more hard for us to believe you. I was very skeptical when I switched to Ghash a while ago.  This was when they were like %30 of the network and everyone wouldn't shut up about a take over. See folks, it never happened. All that gossip over nothing. Anyway I ran the miners I had one month on the Guild. Just left the coin I earned right in there. Then I switched over to Ghash and ran them for the same exact days and left the coin in there. Both pools ran smooth, no outages on my end or their end. The bottom line is I earned approximately %14 more while hasing on Ghash. You can't just join a PPLS pool for a week and use your final numbers to say that Ghash is a scam or they steal your money. At LEAST 30 days you should mine at a pool to get your stats/figure. Go ahead and try your test again, and when the miners are mining on the pools don't touch them, just let them do their thing! Clean out  your hot wallet on each pool  you are going to test and test again, but at least 30 days.

Take a look at Organofcorti's mining pool stats. 

http://organofcorti.blogspot.com/2015/03/march-29th-2015-mining-pool-statistics_30.html

Ghash has been quite "unlucky" since October 2014.  Take a look at the stats for all of the other pools OoC creates.  Eclipse (BFL) and Ghash have both been strangely "unlucky".  The numbers don't lie. I used to mine on Ghash until the numbers started looking "funny". The stats, along with the ghash double spend fiasco have pretty much taken this pool off my list.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-C5ZNIUeeqpk/VPw6AAZgbJI/AAAAAAAABkk/1va1tLRLtyg/s1600/2a_profitPlot_2015-03-08.png
dimitri111

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 05:11:56 AM

When I first started mining I read everywhere the perils of mining with ghash, from the 51% possibility, to the double spends, etc.  I eventually mined here just to see for myself whether there were any issues or whether it was all just fud.  Pretty much came to the same conclusion lots of others had, that there was something that just didn't add up at the end of the day.  

But do a simple test for yourself and you'll see. Split your hash power between 2 or 3 pools (I'd suggest Kano, btcguild as two good alternatives) and you'll see quickly why you shouldn't stay on ghash.  I did this (I used btcguild and p2pool since Kano wasn't around yet) and payouts with ghash were consistently 20-30% lower than the others.  And yes, I ran the miners for about a month this way to lessen the impact of bad luck streaks skewing the numbers.

I don't know the reasons and frankly don't care as much anymore.  The bottom line is that I earned significantly less than I should have while on here compared to everywhere else I tried.  

I do wanna share my pool review too. I have 3 SP20 Jackson's from Spon-Doolies Tech, hashing on average 4.9 TH/s. I have tried Eligius, Bitminter, BTCGuild, Ghash.io, and AntPool.

I am just going to sum it all up, and tell you what worked the most for me. My pick, and despite recent DDoS attach is, AntPool. I don't mean to bad mouth other pools, by any means. But smaller pools like Eligius and Bitminter, I was pulling about 0.024BTC per day. With BTCGuild I was pulling about 0.037BTC per day. With Ghash I was pulling about 0.042BTC - 0.048BTC. And last but not least, and my most favorite is, AntPool, pulling on average 0.067BTC.

So by far, the most outperforming pool for me was, AntPool. My secondary setting are for Ghash and BTCGuild.

Thank you!

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 05:26:39 AM

Eh?
I never shut my pool down ... it only started in September though.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
graymatter

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 06:18:38 PM

Take a look at Organofcorti's mining pool stats. 

http://organofcorti.blogspot.com/2015/03/march-29th-2015-mining-pool-statistics_30.html

Ghash has been quite "unlucky" since October 2014.  Take a look at the stats for all of the other pools OoC creates.  Eclipse (BFL) and Ghash have both been strangely "unlucky".  The numbers don't lie. I used to mine on Ghash until the numbers started looking "funny". The stats, along with the ghash double spend fiasco have pretty much taken this pool off my list.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-C5ZNIUeeqpk/VPw6AAZgbJI/AAAAAAAABkk/1va1tLRLtyg/s1600/2a_profitPlot_2015-03-08.png

We mined on Ghash from April 2014, until January 2015. Our first major edition was October 15th 2015 until December 15th 2015 with 100 tera-hashes.  With the next expansion we increased to around 1 peta.  With this massive increase we recorded an estimated earnings of 336 btc per month based on current difficulties and a 10% increase per difficulty increase.  By the end of the month (mid January), we had around 265 BTC paid out by Ghash.io.  (note, we were doing NO cloud mining)

Our numbers were spot on from April until about October / November when everything got fishy.  We believed they were a trustworthy company from our experience that year.  When we added the 100 terahashes we did notice that it wasn't as much as expected, but didn't realize how bad the problem was until we were at the 1 peta level how much we were being robbed blind.

With how small the pool is now, its possible they could have such bad luck, but its hard to say. 

Those numbers speak volumes, based on the pools size, to have these numbers week after week, either they're robbing everyone blind or someone has a massive multi-peta hash level block withholding attacking going on.  Its been about 20% low for the last 4-6 months with no months / days even with above average luck...  Believe me if you want, I'm just amazed other people haven't done the math themselves who are long term miners.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 01:17:32 PM

Those numbers speak volumes, based on the pools size, to have these numbers week after week, either they're robbing everyone blind or someone has a massive multi-peta hash level block withholding attacking going on.  Its been about 20% low for the last 4-6 months with no months / days even with above average luck...  Believe me if you want, I'm just amazed other people haven't done the math themselves who are long term miners.

I moved all my miners off Ghash.io a few weeks back because of suspected shenanigans. My payouts were slowly becoming way too low considering their total hash rate.

Since moving to a different pool, my payouts have returned to expected levels.

I have a difficult time chalking it up to bad luck based on the length of time I was mining at the pool, as the decline in payouts was not proportional to the decline in hash rate.

Nice to read other anecdotes of GHash.io shenanigans, regarding this low reward issue.
BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 09:07:19 PM

GHASH you truly are stupid fucks.
Whats the point of making someone check off refusing 2fa?
Are you saying you're responsible and will return any lost funds if the user enables 2fa?

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: