Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:24:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSING] GHash.IO mining pool official page  (Read 149383 times)
paputa

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 11:22:47 AM

sorry for my bad english

I wanted to ask for payment in the pool pplns how exactly? Use ghash.io I made a lot of money and I still have to understand how it is possible, I thought the mining was not profitable (rent power at a low price)
the point is this:
going to read on the site in practice the pplns is charged from the last share up to a certain number of shares, the rest not. Then I realized that pay the last 10 jobs ... (which I still have to figure out what are these jobs / shift)
so if I rent the computing power and the finish in one hour (2-3 petahash / s) and the lock requires a day or two to say that I do not receive anything ??
thanks for the clarification

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CEX
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 12:22:39 PM

sorry for my bad english

I wanted to ask for payment in the pool pplns how exactly? Use ghash.io I made a lot of money and I still have to understand how it is possible, I thought the mining was not profitable (rent power at a low price)
the point is this:
going to read on the site in practice the pplns is charged from the last share up to a certain number of shares, the rest not. Then I realized that pay the last 10 jobs ... (which I still have to figure out what are these jobs / shift)
so if I rent the computing power and the finish in one hour (2-3 petahash / s) and the lock requires a day or two to say that I do not receive anything ??

Hello, paputa!

You are right in saying that the payment is calculated for the last 10 shifts. Since our blocks are usually mining for a longer period now, we have increased shift duration, so that most of the blocks are still covered entirely by 10 shifts. If the block lasts longer and you disconnect before the shifts are over - you may receive a smaller reward. On the other hand, if you connect with 2-3 PHs - the blocks have a higher chance of mining quicker since it will be a considerable addition to our pool.

The unprofitability of mining only concerns cloud GHS - if you connect your own equipment - there is no fee charged by us - you pay for your own used electricity. So if you have an affordable source of it - you could still mine at a profit.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
paputa

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 12:27:24 PM

sorry for my bad english

the point is this:

Hello, paputa!

You are right in saying that the payment is calculated for the last 10 shifts. Since our blocks are usually mining for a longer period now, we have increased shift duration, so that most of the blocks are still covered entirely by 10 shifts. If the block lasts longer and you disconnect before the shifts are over - you may receive a smaller reward. On the other hand, if you connect with 2-3 PHs - the blocks have a higher chance of mining quicker since it will be a considerable addition to our pool.

The unprofitability of mining only concerns cloud GHS - if you connect your own equipment - there is no fee charged by us - you pay for your own used electricity. So if you have an affordable source of it - you could still mine at a profit.

Thank you for the info, i have bought hash power of 470 EUR of bitcoins, i have ultimate shift in the window,so the next shift i will have 0 shift in the window, i will see a return?
CEX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 01:51:59 PM

Thank you for the info, i have bought hash power of 470 EUR of bitcoins, i have ultimate shift in the window,so the next shift i will have 0 shift in the window, i will see a return?

Dear paputa, some screenshots might help me answer your question.

Buy/sell BTC and ETH using your Visa/Mastercard. Instant payments, low fees, worldwide coverage, 100% secure. Register
Join Bitcoin Affiliate program! Invite users and get 30% lifetime bonus. Join now
paputa

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 02:21:33 PM

Dear paputa, some screenshots might help me answer your question.
no return  Cry

how can know the hours of the next block? with reading the stats? (bitcoin hashrate total, hashrate of pool ecc)

http://imgur.com/S4vYssM
CEX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 04:24:58 PM

no return  Cry

how can know the hours of the next block? with reading the stats? (bitcoin hashrate total, hashrate of pool ecc)

http://imgur.com/S4vYssM

The payouts are not distributed instantly - it takes some time for the system. Just in case - please make a support ticket for us by emailing support@cex.io - from the ticket we will be able to check your account and see if everything is fine.

roller24

Activity: 318

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 02:31:09 PM

Isn't that image from the mining cloud?

Is Ghash/CEX going to abandon cloud mining?
Seems to be going on a year now, with no profitablility?
It seems that the old machines should be used to mine altcoins, as they are apparently not efficient enough to do BTC.
Why isnt' that an alternative by now?
CEX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2015, 02:47:39 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2015, 09:21:55 AM by CEX

It seems that the old machines should be used to mine altcoins, as they are apparently not efficient enough to do BTC.

The image is from our mining pool GHash.IO. Both cloud miners and individual miners were able to see their mining progress on GHash.IO dashboard.

Yes, cloud mining is paused due to unprofitability. We will resume cloud mining once it is profitable again.

Miners using SHA-256 encryption (Such as BTC) can merge mine any SHA-256 altcoin along with BTC mining. It still won't be profitable, because all altcoin prices are very low.
SHA-256 miners are unable to mine SCRYPT altcoins such as DOGE, LTC, etc because of different type of encryption.

I hope we answered all your questions.

VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 10:40:23 PM

I have not used GHash.io for a long time, i am trying again because i was told ASIC Tubes don't act up when pointed to this pool.

I can't find a auto payout feature, i'm just worried i could have a old BTC address already set that i no longer control.

Is there just not one?
If there is, where is the auto payout option? Thanks.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 12:07:21 AM

I have not used GHash.io for a long time, i am trying again because i was told ASIC Tubes don't act up when pointed to this pool.

I can't find a auto payout feature, i'm just worried i could have a old BTC address already set that i no longer control.

Is there just not one?

if its the same as it was before you have to log into cex to send your coins to a bitcoin address as the pool auto sends your coins to that exchange..

i stopped mining here because they take a fee to give your coins back..

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 01:16:00 AM

Is there just not one?

if its the same as it was before you have to log into cex to send your coins to a bitcoin address as the pool auto sends your coins to that exchange..

I do see a 0.001 commission. So what you are saying is, there would not be an auto payout at all, they just call their "Auto-Payout" when they credit your BTC to the exchange?

No matter what i have to manually withdraw from the exchange, no way to auto payout to an address of my choice?

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 01:40:12 AM

Is there just not one?

I do see a 0.001 commission. So what you are saying is, there would not be an auto payout at all, they just call their "Auto-Payout" when they credit your BTC to the exchange?

No matter what i have to manually withdraw from the exchange, no way to auto payout to an address of my choice?

it had an option to auto payout when it hit a threshold, but i could never get it to work.. it would go days.. remember this was awhile ago.. year or more and at that time i was gpu mining on their multipool which i think they shut down.

if your tubes only work on this pool i woudlnt worry about it. just throw them on and see what happens. your bitcoin address should be in your account settings on cex if its setup.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 02:00:25 AM

Is there just not one?

it had an option to auto payout when it hit a threshold, but i could never get it to work.. it would go days.. remember this was awhile ago.. year or more and at that time i was gpu mining on their multipool which i think they shut down.

if your tubes only work on this pool i woudlnt worry about it. just throw them on and see what happens. your bitcoin address should be in your account settings on cex if its setup.

Ah i see. It was convoluted (having to deal with the exchange instead of the pool directly), but i found it in url+/trade/profile/payout (full url seem to be getting censored)

Cleared it so no risk of having BTC sent somewhere i don't control.

Thanks Smiley
I don't know if the Tubes's BE Controller will stop crashing/temporarily stopping sometimes on Ghash, but now two different people recommended it and i've also read about that before, so, i am reluctantly trying it, now.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 10:59:50 PM

I am planning on changing Syscoin from scrypt to SHA and merge mining with Bitcoin, would it be possible to add this coin to your merge mining coin list? It will be based off of the latest bitcoin core and kept up to date with it over time. I currently have ported Syscoin to bitcoin 0.12, it was on 0.8.6 before.

I am looking for pools that will integrate with it from the start of the new release.
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 11:21:34 PM

I am planning on changing Syscoin from scrypt to SHA and merge mining with Bitcoin, would it be possible to add this coin to your merge mining coin list? It will be based off of the latest bitcoin core and kept up to date with it over time. I currently have ported Syscoin to bitcoin 0.12, it was on 0.8.6 before.

I am looking for pools that will integrate with it from the start of the new release.

i dont know why you would want to do that.. merge mined coins are just dump coins that have little to no value.. not that alt coins have any value anyway.. but still.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 11:48:50 PM

i dont know why you would want to do that.. merge mined coins are just dump coins that have little to no value.. not that alt coins have any value anyway.. but still.

You are not one to judge that, noone is. I've put in 2 years of development time to come to this, that alone is worth money. IMO the only coins that will survive will be the main ones and merge mined alt's. POS is worthless that code is a mess, and the POW ones not merge mined cannot survive because they lack the network security.
welshy82

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 10:01:46 PM

is there a way only to mine bitcoin and not the other coins sorry if its a stupid question im quite new to this cheers guys
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 10:10:40 PM

is there a way only to mine bitcoin and not the other coins sorry if its a stupid question im quite new to this cheers guys

Its merged, so it does not matter anyways. You can pretty much ignore the merged coin since the amount you mine have nearly no value anyways.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
welshy82

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 10:42:01 PM

Its merged, so it does not matter anyways. You can pretty much ignore the merged coin since the amount you mine have nearly no value anyways.

yea thats how i asked if i could only mine bitcoin , Thanks buddy SmileySmiley
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 05:36:55 AM

The image is from our mining pool GHash.IO. Both cloud miners and individual miners were able to see their mining progress on GHash.IO dashboard.

Yes, cloud mining is paused due to unprofitability. We will resume cloud mining once it is profitable again.

Miners using SHA-256 encryption (Such as BTC) can merge mine any SHA-256 altcoin along with BTC mining. It still won't be profitable, because all altcoin prices are very low.
SHA-256 miners are unable to mine SCRYPT altcoins such as DOGE, LTC, etc because of different type of encryption.

I hope we answered all your questions.

can you write aprox value for BTC for GHASH to start mining (profitability)

IOTA
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: