Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:21:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSING] GHash.IO mining pool official page  (Read 149383 times)
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 12:35:16 PM

I really don't understand why Ghash is ignoring these ideas that we came up with, and they could come up with easily. They say that they're doing everything they can, but that's just not true. They aren't even bothered to reply to us. What do they want to do? Create fear?
The way they make announcements to a wide audience without ever communicating directly with any of the users here on the forums reminds me of the smug behaviour of deepbit during its dying/quietly fading days but in an even worse manner showing what looks like a complete lack of respect to miners. Compare their communication to Eleuthria's of BTCGuild who has continually responded to almost every single comment no matter how mundane.

Users have more power than they think and the bitcoin mining community at large has held many groups to task over the last few years and it remains the responsibility of users to continue protecting other users and bitcoin. The reason ghash did not reach 51% was because of the many warnings posted here and elsewhere. While you're all complaining that a simple announcement by ghash to tell miners to direct their hashes elsewhere is nowhere near enough of a total solution to the possible destabilisation of the network by them receiving a majority of the hashrate, bear in mind the only reason they have made this announcement is because of continued pressure by the community and it should be seen as a major milestone, but I agree we must not become complacent by this one step alone.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 12:53:56 PM

I really don't understand why Ghash is ignoring these ideas that we came up with, and they could come up with easily. They say that they're doing everything they can, but that's just not true. They aren't even bothered to reply to us. What do they want to do? Create fear?
The way they make announcements to a wide audience without ever communicating directly with any of the users here on the forums reminds me of the smug behaviour of deepbit during its dying/quietly fading days but in an even worse manner showing what looks like a complete lack of respect to miners. Compare their communication to Eleuthria's of BTCGuild who has continually responded to almost every single comment no matter how mundane.

Users have more power than they think and the bitcoin mining community at large has held many groups to task over the last few years and it remains the responsibility of users to continue protecting other users and bitcoin. The reason ghash did not reach 51% was because of the many warnings posted here and elsewhere. While you're all complaining that a simple announcement by ghash to tell miners to direct their hashes elsewhere is nowhere near enough of a total solution to the possible destabilisation of the network by them receiving a majority of the hashrate, bear in mind the only reason they have made this announcement is because of continued pressure by the community and it should be seen as a major milestone, but I agree we must not become complacent by this one step alone.

A company should not be smug, they shouldn't think they are awesome and we are useless pieces of junk. Although Ghash.io would continue to run even if no independent miners mine on it, our requests shouldn't be ignored. They keep claiming that the have no intention to hurt bitcoin, but putting the 51% weapon on an anonymous party that claims their intentions isn't a good idea.
By the way, did any other pool operators/companies actually receive invitation for their "round table"?
rkinnin

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 01:16:57 PM

Thoughts are appreciated.....

In the last twenty-four hours with my antminer s2 I have had 17408 duplicate rejected shares.

Is that high or normal?

thanks again.
BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:53:09 PM

smug and arrogant. Their support is truly lacking in any people skills.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
ghash.io (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 03:14:33 PM

All, please be assured we do read and internally debate comments posted on our official forum thread, other threads here on bitcointalk and other social channels. and we do appreciate the inputs.

We are a company with multiple contributors and a management structure and not one person making individual decisions, responses and conversations on the forum.
byt411

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:19:21 PM

All, please be assured we do read and internally debate comments posted on our official forum thread, other threads here on bitcointalk and other social channels. and we do appreciate the inputs.

We are a company with multiple contributors and a management structure and not one person making individual decisions, responses and conversations on the forum.

Well, can you actually formulate a proper official response, and tell us why you are incapable of actually trying to not accumulate hashing power? You have no preventative measures.
nottm28

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 08:59:46 PM

Looks like your management structure is weak with nobody wanting to make a public comment or decision. If you had a decent management structure you would listen to the plethora of ideas on how you could limit your unhealthy growth.

Appoint a PR person and give him/her the power to debate here instead of hiding behind crappy posts like the one you just made.

donations not accepted
FUR11

Activity: 378

FURring bitcoin up since 1762

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 10:01:04 PM

I'm not quite sure if they really want to keep their hashrate below 50%. Of course they don't have that much of an incentive. Why would they? Some people claim that it hurts the stability/trust of the bitcoin network and thus affects the price. But I'm not entirely convinced. I buy the idea that the price tanked when they did cross the 51% a month ago, but I don't know if there really is any downward pressure right now due to their hashrate!

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 04:02:22 AM

I'm not quite sure if they really want to keep their hashrate below 50%. Of course they don't have that much of an incentive. Why would they? Some people claim that it hurts the stability/trust of the bitcoin network and thus affects the price. But I'm not entirely convinced. I buy the idea that the price tanked when they did cross the 51% a month ago, but I don't know if there really is any downward pressure right now due to their hashrate!

Dell and Newegg have accepted use of Bitcoin as payment.  The only other negative looming is the NY legislation and that is up in the air.  The worries of 51% have never really resolved because the issue has been sidelined.  As ckolivas notes we should not be complacent.
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 06:08:09 AM

If the New York Legislation's language doesn't get a significant overhaul, the U.S. pools will likely shutdown and over the pond pools like ghash are going to need a plan in place till everyone settles in to a new home.
BCwinning

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:28:52 PM

Pool fee is 0% Quote of the day: They will not control us! We will be victorious!

this sums up I think what ghash thinks of 51% Tongue

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
psahx

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:39:21 PM

Pool fee is 0% Quote of the day: They will not control us! We will be victorious!

this sums up I think what ghash thinks of 51% Tongue

Reminds me of this:

Muse - Uprising - 1:40
ghash.io (OP)

Activity: 57

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 10:56:53 AM

CEX.IO announces 10% maintenance fee reduction and 10 times withdrawal fee reduction

CEX.IO Bitcoin Crypto Exchange and cloud mining service is pleased to announce major improvements and updates, which resulted in significant lowering of costs for maintaining cloud-based GHS and decreasing withdrawal fee 10 times.

As the first and leading cloud mining platform, CEX.IO is on a constant lookout for competitive electricity providers offering better prices. As of July 23, 2014, the monthly maintenance costs have been decreased to $0.18 per 1 GHS, which is 10% less than the former price of maintaining cloud-based mining power. CEX.IO is persistent in finding the most beneficial electricity contracts to establish the highest quality of crypto-trading services, as well as in acquiring hardware according to the latest technical characteristics. Thus, CEX.IO is glad to inform about updated mining hardware, which has also allowed decreasing maintenance cost due to lower power consumption. The updated range of hardware will be shortly presented on the Redeem Hardware page of the website.

In addition, CEX.IO has reduced the withdrawal fee 10 times, from 0.001BTC to 0.0001BTC. Such update is an absolutely unique offer, which is a part of the upcoming program on improving auto-payouts on CEX.IO. According to the respective program, it is planned to make users free to choose the amount of withdrawal fee, which will, of course, influence the timing of transaction processing.

CEX.IO is working hard on making as many automatic and customizable functions on the exchange as possible and is constantly monitoring users’ suggestions and requests on internal forum and external communication platforms. The most popular user requests are being implemented constantly.

http://blog.cex.io/cex-io-lowers-maintenance-cost-by-10-and-decreases-withdrawal-fee-in-10-times/
byt411

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:01:11 AM

CEX.IO announces 10% maintenance fee reduction and 10 times withdrawal fee reduction

CEX.IO Bitcoin Crypto Exchange and cloud mining service is pleased to announce major improvements and updates, which resulted in significant lowering of costs for maintaining cloud-based GHS and decreasing withdrawal fee 10 times.

As the first and leading cloud mining platform, CEX.IO is on a constant lookout for competitive electricity providers offering better prices. As of July 23, 2014, the monthly maintenance costs have been decreased to $0.18 per 1 GHS, which is 10% less than the former price of maintaining cloud-based mining power. CEX.IO is persistent in finding the most beneficial electricity contracts to establish the highest quality of crypto-trading services, as well as in acquiring hardware according to the latest technical characteristics. Thus, CEX.IO is glad to inform about updated mining hardware, which has also allowed decreasing maintenance cost due to lower power consumption. The updated range of hardware will be shortly presented on the Redeem Hardware page of the website.

In addition, CEX.IO has reduced the withdrawal fee 10 times, from 0.001BTC to 0.0001BTC. Such update is an absolutely unique offer, which is a part of the upcoming program on improving auto-payouts on CEX.IO. According to the respective program, it is planned to make users free to choose the amount of withdrawal fee, which will, of course, influence the timing of transaction processing.

CEX.IO is working hard on making as many automatic and customizable functions on the exchange as possible and is constantly monitoring users’ suggestions and requests on internal forum and external communication platforms. The most popular user requests are being implemented constantly.

http://blog.cex.io/cex-io-lowers-maintenance-cost-by-10-and-decreases-withdrawal-fee-in-10-times/

Good job. You brought things that were supposed to be in place, I have no idea why withdrawal fees were so high, and why you needed so much for maintenance.
Now all you have to do is add a 10% pool fee, I'm sure we will all be happy then.
Moria843

Activity: 442

Found Lost beach - quiet now

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:39:02 PM

There was a thread on fixing the auto-payment threshold that stated it was expected to get fixed a couple weeks ago. It never got fixed and the thread disappeared. Has anybody heard anything about this or know what's going on?

Hot time, summer in the city, back of my mine getting hot & gritty!!!
Honeycutt22

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:15:11 PM

Haven't seen that thread Moria...

Altho I do have a question... According to BTC profit calculators I should get .145 btc per day with 5TH. While I know there is some variance day to day, I thought Ghash.IO had a pretty low variance due to the size.

I've consistently gotten .125ish BTC per day for the past 4 days. So, short just a bit - Am I incorrectly measuring something or am I spazzing out too early?

Granted - My results on Ghash have consistently beaten what I got on BTCGuild, but ideally I'd like what the BTC calculator says I can get or more.
SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 08:14:26 PM

Haven't seen that thread Moria...

Altho I do have a question... According to BTC profit calculators I should get .145 btc per day with 5TH. While I know there is some variance day to day, I thought Ghash.IO had a pretty low variance due to the size.

I've consistently gotten .125ish BTC per day for the past 4 days. So, short just a bit - Am I incorrectly measuring something or am I spazzing out too early?

Granted - My results on Ghash have consistently beaten what I got on BTCGuild, but ideally I'd like what the BTC calculator says I can get or more.

Thanks, thats good to know.  Ive been wondering what Id make on that pool, I have about the same hash.  Just because its the biggest pool, doesnt mean you'll make more.  On average I make more at bitminter, when we hit 2 or more blocks/day. I pay 2.5% for fees and donations to bitminter too.
PHash

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:21:31 PM

If the New York Legislation's language doesn't get a significant overhaul, the U.S. pools will likely shutdown and over the pond pools like ghash are going to need a plan in place till everyone settles in to a new home.

You have a link to the legislation you are talking about?

If USA views bitcoin as property then why are they going to shut down mining pools?
nottm28

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:25:28 PM

Sounds a bit like a panic move by your disfunctional management - people are leaving ghash because you didn't listen and thought you 'owned' bitcoin. About time you relaised how fickle we are...

donations not accepted
PHash

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 10:35:16 PM

ghash will fail soon enough.
No reason to hate them, they are just trying to make some money in a cut throat world.

Soon they will fall off the radar and make room for the next mtgox.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: