Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:02:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSING] GHash.IO mining pool official page  (Read 149383 times)
abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 03:04:31 PM

Wanna complain about 1-3 hours?  Wink
Other pool:
Duration since last block found: 2d 05:27:09

We complain because 1 to 3 hour blocks actually costs us BTC, I have a negative BTC balance right now in my GHASH/CEX account. How you can mine 8 blocks and have a negative BTC balance just shows what kind of unethical business practices are carried out in CEX/GHASH. GHASH is noting but a bunch of bitcoin hungry thieves.

What you're describing will happen to anyone who continues to mine when it has become uneconomical to do so.

The fact you have a negative balance is not impossible or even unlikely; what you need to do is explain why you think their maintenance charges are too high. For example, how many Thps do you have? How much per week are maintenance charges?

Maintenance is 0.107$/GHS/month for everyone on cex.io. It is a lot but I can believe it is their actual maintenance costs.

That's odd - how can you get a negative balance if the maintenance is a proportion of income?

OoC,  I've said this before... maffs is hard  Grin

If only more miners knew how to do simple math calculations...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cesmak
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 03:17:55 PM

Yes is true I have only 2 GHS bonus remained on cex.io and is more than a month that the balance is quite every day NEGATIVE.....

Cex is a bad bad investment by a lof of months.....

You must have make a profit overall in the last 2months, how much?

In  the last 3 months when i sold out all my previous Ghs, and keept only 2 ghs bonus, If my calculations are right, looking at all the transactions of the last 3 months.... 0.00049483

All reinvested in ghs (0.224 total) until today .... so during 3 months, slowly, i ramped up from 2Ghs to 2.224 ghs.... hahahahah great deal....

OK so you made a small profit.

Yes but ther is one year of loss before i sold out all..... Sad (in one year 4.55 BTC invested.... 2.22 BTC returned) and in that year made from 50% to 80% reinvestment of the mining income to try to keep the skyroketing difficuty, but it wasn't enough....

So i confirm is a BAD investment.....

Edit....

Just to make a comparison... Another cloud mining i'm using (i dont' will give the name in this tread, because i don't like to talk about another service in a service tread...)
From 20 November to today, 200 GHhs invested 50% reinvestment for more Ghs purchase, make in 25 days 0.027 BTC (nett from reinvestment) so if i make the proportion to 2Ghs i've earned 0.00027 BTC that is half of the income of cex.io but in 25 days compared to 3 months..... but the overall earnings compherensive of reinvestment quota is double, so in 25 days more that what i've earned on cex.io in 3 months... Think about this.....

suman66

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 04:23:32 PM

Yes is true I have only 2 GHS bonus remained on cex.io and is more than a month that the balance is quite every day NEGATIVE.....

In  the last 3 months when i sold out all my previous Ghs, and keept only 2 ghs bonus, If my calculations are right, looking at all the transactions of the last 3 months.... 0.00049483

All reinvested in ghs (0.224 total) until today .... so during 3 months, slowly, i ramped up from 2Ghs to 2.224 ghs.... hahahahah great deal....

Yes but ther is one year of loss before i sold out all..... Sad (in one year 4.55 BTC invested.... 2.22 BTC returned) and in that year made from 50% to 80% reinvestment of the mining income to try to keep the skyroketing difficuty, but it wasn't enough....

Edit....

Just to make a comparison... Another cloud mining i'm using (i dont' will give the name in this tread, because i don't like to talk about another service in a service tread...)
From 20 November to today, 200 GHhs invested 50% reinvestment for more Ghs purchase, make in 25 days 0.027 BTC (nett from reinvestment) so if i make the proportion to 2Ghs i've earned 0.00027 BTC that is half of the income of cex.io but in 25 days compared to 3 months..... but the overall earnings compherensive of reinvestment quota is double, so in 25 days more that what i've earned on cex.io in 3 months... Think about this.....

i understand what site you are talking
cesmak
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 04:59:48 PM

Edit....

i understand what site you are talking

PM'ed you... Smiley

picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 05:00:36 PM

Edit....

2.22BTC returned taking into account the sell of GHS and the revenue? It seems about in range to what was to expect at cex.io
lowbander80
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 07:22:15 AM

Seems luck has stiken again Ghash

Ant pool with 15phs less has the same blocks
Discus fish pool with 15phs more has 40 block plus+++

I dont know am not that keen in pool hoping but latelly I am fed up
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
December 26, 2014, 04:43:05 PM

Seems luck has stiken again Ghash

Ant pool with 15phs less has the same blocks
Discus fish pool with 15phs more has 40 block plus+++

I dont know am not that keen in pool hoping but latelly I am fed up

The "luck" always seems to strike down and never up. That's what puzzles me.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
oilminer

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 12:04:41 PM

Is it even possible to be so unlucky?
Repunza

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 02:37:35 PM

GHASH sucks I tried them again and got .05 less than I should have in a 24 hrs period. Im done with them...
oilminer

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 03:05:57 PM

Come on GHash.IO please explain:
How can you have one of the fastest car around and loose every race?
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 03:37:42 PM

Come on GHash.IO please explain:
How can you have one of the fastest car around and loose every race?

That's what I want to know. Do I have to mine at a chinese pool to get a proper result?

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
aclass

Activity: 381
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 03:43:28 PM

the last time I moved out blocks got rolin' the next day. seems like extremely bad luck comes to ghash once in a while
oilminer

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 03:58:50 PM

What about:
1) They don't have the hash rate they advertise.
2) They don't sign all the blocks they solve.
In both cases this would be a fraud or a hack.
High level techs and managers are on holidays.
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 04:14:41 PM

What about:
1) They don't have the hash rate they advertise.
2) They don't sign all the blocks they solve.
In both cases this would be a fraud or a hack.
High level techs and managers are on holidays.

This is what I worry about

hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 04:45:16 PM

Maybe you guys would be better off mining on a pool that pays PPS, like Discusfish. Then at least you will make a stable return for your time as that type of pool removes the Luck factor from your results. You can then focus on learning first, what personal variance is/means. Once you've educated yourself a bit more, then you can come back and learn first hand what Luck is and how it impacts your long term results. From a different perspective.
oilminer

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 04:59:04 PM

Sure, like flipping a coin 100 times and get 99 tails, it happens sometime.
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 05:46:22 PM

It's when it happens every time I get annoyed. Ghash.io should have roughly 1/6 of the network, ie. like a dice. Right now the network is as stable as it has been in a very long time. On average there should be 144 solved blocks every day. That's 4464 rolls of the dice in a month and this pool has missed by ≈20% since I started using it, and back then it was over 1/4 of the network. That is on the very edge of what is a possible deviation. And two months in a row?? It looks engineered. If anyone can properly throw some numbers at me I am all ears.

@hurricandave: If you can explain this then please do. But if you just chimed in to be a condescending twat, then....

oilminer

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 06:15:08 PM

I was joking, it does not happen in a lifetime unless you are superhuman fast.
1/2^99*1/2 that is a lot of throws.
They could at least publish the pool luck like any other pool I know.
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 07:31:28 PM

It's when it happens every time I get annoyed. Ghash.io should have roughly 1/6 of the network, ie. like a dice. Right now the network is as stable as it has been in a very long time. On average there should be 144 solved blocks every day. That's 4464 rolls of the dice in a month and this pool has missed by ≈20% since I started using it, and back then it was over 1/4 of the network. That is on the very edge of what is a possible deviation. And two months in a row?? It looks engineered. If anyone can properly throw some numbers at me I am all ears.

@hurricandave: If you can explain this then please do. But if you just chimed in to be a condescending twat, then....
For the past 2 months, ghash has had a declining profit percentage for expected earnings potential. Currently its at about 85%. But this is simply history. You can't discount it won't continue to decline from now on. Bad Luck. If you want to base your projections on the past, then the pool is actually beginning to pull the average back up. The curve indicates strength upwards at this point.
A quick view of bitcoinwisdom, network hashrate chart shows anything but stability right now. Yes, rates trending down recently as a whole have been showing extreme volatility trending towards an increase on the next adjustment.
Every pool has its trials, this one will not be an exception to that. Poorly managed code, weak security, lack of internal oversight, will leave any pool vulnerable to attack. I doubt that's behind the poor luck right now. What comes around goes around, if consistency is your main concern, PPS is the only way to go. It's also a great system for beginners to learn that they even have personal variance and how much. Then focus on PPLNS, long term will bear out a fair fight in returns, but for now the real threats are the farms garnering the majority of each pools rewards shares on top of their own solo efforts. Like it or not, many of them are hedging the private effort with hashrate on the pools.
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2014, 11:09:17 PM

For the past 2 months, ghash has had a declining profit percentage for expected earnings potential. Currently its at about 85%. But this is simply history. You can't discount it won't continue to decline from now on.[1] Bad Luck. If you want to base your projections on the past, then the pool is actually beginning to pull the average back up. The curve indicates strength upwards at this point.
[2]A quick view of bitcoinwisdom, network hashrate chart shows anything but stability right now. Yes, rates trending down recently as a whole have been showing extreme volatility trending towards an increase on the next adjustment.
Every pool has its trials, this one will not be an exception to that. Poorly managed code, weak security, lack of internal oversight, will leave any pool vulnerable to attack. I doubt that's behind the poor luck right now. What comes around goes around, if consistency is your main concern, PPS is the only way to go. [3]It's also a great system for beginners to learn that they even have personal variance and how much. Then focus on PPLNS, long term will bear out a fair fight in returns, [4]but for now the real threats are the farms garnering the majority of each pools rewards shares on top of their own solo efforts. Like it or not, many of them are hedging the private effort with hashrate on the pools.

1. Eventually you get to a point where the "bad luck" becomes highly improbable.

2. What I see is that five of the six last adjustments have been less than 3%. Those are the only five times it has been less than 3% since at least May 2013. And the next adjustment looks like it will be less than 3% as well. I am not sure what you mean by stable but I would call that relatively stable.

3. Personal variance in a closed system that is based on maths has to be limited by maths as well. I am simply starting to think Ghash.io is moving outside those limits. And with high investment costs and plunging xbt prices I am starting to wonder if they might be siphoning off some coins in order to stay afloat. Admittedly, they would have to be grossly mismanaged to not be well into black, but that has happened before. My fear is that I am wrong and they strike gold the minute I leave, if I choose to do so. If I felt more secure about my premonitions I would have just ditched the pool, but right now I am looking for someone with answers first.

4. Why would that be a bad thing? They will get more stable revenue and the pool should find more blocks. Am I loosing my mind here?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: