Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:02:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite political figure?  (Read 4103 times)
ShibaWow

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 02:54:19 PM

No one mention Genghis Khan?

why would anyone see that barbaric warlord as his favorite political figure?

Mine is Spartacus as he created an army of gladiators and slaves which rose from 70 to over 40 000 men

It's interesting how Romans forced them to kill for their own fun, and when the tables turned it wasn't that fun as they had to fight each other Smiley
His acts teach a good lesson Smiley

A barbaric warlord that not only conquered China but also half of Europe and part of middle east with no aid of modern technology?

exaclty
he conquered half of Europe
so many lives and economies he destroyed
you're just making my point

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 03:11:34 PM

A barbaric warlord that not only conquered China but also half of Europe and part of middle east with no aid of modern technology?

That will be an overestimation.

1. His army was huge. Many times bigger than most of the European armies.
2. His military technology was much better than the Europeans.
3. If the Europeans were united, then he could have been defeated easily.

Russia tried so hard to erase Genghis Khan from history and discredits his genius and achievements. Usually the victor writes the history but in mongol's case it was written by the loser. That why they demonize the mongols.

Most of the time his army is outnumbered. He uses deception, superior tactics, superior weapons, great mobility, experienced and discipline soldiers to win almost every war. He uses extensive intelligence network before they conquer a kingdom.  

The mongols can survive from the horse milk and blood. They don't need to cook they just put the meat under than saddle to soften the meat and eaten raw. They can travel 300 kilometers in 3 days. Each soldier brings a thick fermented milk that can fed them for 10 days. They can live off the land and needs very little supply. Each mongol army brings 5 horses each. Each mongol army wears silk under the armor to make the arrow that pierced the armor can be easily remove without further wound. They also uses gunpowder and smoke.

The mongol commander usually on top of the hill where he can see the whole view of the battle field and give commands using flags and drums while those Europeans commanders fights besides his soldiers.

The knights with their flashy armors has no chance against the mongol superior tactics. The mongols divided their forces and attack Poland to make a diversion. Most of the European armies are just a sitting ducks. If the mongol is serious in conquering Europe the can conquer it with no problems. While half of the mongol army conquer Europe the other half was also conquering china.

sana8410 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:52:33 PM

Mine is Spartacus as he created an army of gladiators and slaves which rose from 70 to over 40 000 men

It's interesting how Romans forced them to kill for their own fun, and when the tables turned it wasn't that fun as they had to fight each other Smiley
Yes,Spartacus,he had a lot of courage to do what he did and it that time when Romans were ruling the world..... i am curious,did they found out his real name?

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:59:20 PM

I would like to ad another great name Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (Oct. 2, 1869-Jan. 30, 1948) used non-violent civil disobedience to lead the second most populous nation in the world, India, to independence from the occupying British.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 05:22:29 PM

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 05:35:09 PM

I would like to ad another great name Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (Oct. 2, 1869-Jan. 30, 1948) used non-violent civil disobedience to lead the second most populous nation in the world, India, to independence from the occupying British.

His non-violent campaign was an utter failure. It was the more aggressive campaigns by Indians such as Subhash Chandra Bose which gave India freedom from the British. The policies of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi on the other hand caused millions of civilian deaths in the post-independence religious riots.
boraf

Activity: 315
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:55:30 PM

His non-violent campaign was an utter failure. It was the more aggressive campaigns by Indians such as Subhash Chandra Bose which gave India freedom from the British. The policies of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi on the other hand caused millions of civilian deaths in the post-independence religious riots.

Historian is giving all credits to Ghandhi.
ShibaWow

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 12:38:10 AM

Yes,Spartacus,he had a lot of courage to do what he did and it that time when Romans were ruling the world..... i am curious,did they found out his real name?

nope, it's lost in history
but some of his friends called him "The Bob" I think, don't think it was his name though Cheesy

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:31:05 AM

Historian is giving all credits to Ghandhi.

The Indian history is written by the British.

They will do all they could to discredit anti-British Indian leaders such as Subhas Chandra Bose and Prem Sahgal, while praising the pro-British activists such as Nehru and Gandhi.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:12:31 AM

i found the most creepy thing about gandhi is that he slept nude in bed with his granddaughter, to test his will against sexual desires.. wtf?
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:12:08 AM

Oh, what do you like most about Gandhi? Smiley

He seems alright but I don't think non-violent methods can achieve much when you are faced with a violent and unethical enemy who would use force and violence against you... He was lucky the brits were more empathetic and are focusing on a policy of decolonization during that era. Imagine if he used that tactic to try to gain independence from China or Russia.. Lol I don't think it would have ended well.

sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:17:43 AM

i found the most creepy thing about gandhi is that he slept nude in bed with his granddaughter, to test his will against sexual desires.. wtf?
That sounds really creepy,can you tell us were read this ,maybe a link?Thanks

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
MoneyGod

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:34:09 AM

I have also read in some books but right now giving you this link hope its helps you for your knowledge http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1264952/A-new-book-reveals-Gandhi-tortured-young-women-worshipped-shared-bed.html

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 11:41:49 AM

I have also read in some books but right now giving you this link hope its helps you for your knowledge http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1264952/A-new-book-reveals-Gandhi-tortured-young-women-worshipped-shared-bed.html

I am not an expert in this subject, but one of my Indian friends had a lot of legal trouble, after he shared a link to a similar article (not sure whether it was the same article posted by you or not) in his Facebook profile. He was fired from his job, an FIR was filed against him, and the cops took him to custody accusing him of inciting hatred.
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:38:55 AM

Also I believe to some people Ronald Regan would be a favorite political figure

It's been 10 years since we lost you. RIP, you were the finest President of the 20th Century

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:45:03 AM

Also I believe to some people Ronald Regan would be a favorite political figure

It's been 10 years since we lost you. RIP, you were the finest President of the 20th Century

Good Riddance!!!

FACT: The national debt more than quadrupled on Reagan's watch, from $700 billion to nearly $3 trillion. The trade deficit also more than quadrupled, to $137.3 billion. The budget imbalances--the exact opposite of Reagan's goal--were partly the result of the military buildup and partly because neither the administration nor Congress made any significant reductions in domestic spending. But the largest single reason for the mounting deficits was that the vaunted "supply-side" tax cuts failed to deliver their promised economic growth. In the six years of the Reagan presidency after the recession ended, the nation's private wealth grew by 8 percent. In contrast, in the five years between 1975 and 1980, a period often described by Reagan as unproductive, private wealth increased 31 percent.

Deal with it.
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:16:58 AM

Reagan took America from being the world's largest creditor to being the world's largest debtor.
We don't even have to get into his scandals or his love for the Taliban to discern that he was a mediocre president at best.
Also he admitted he's the best president of my lifetime.
But that's not setting the bar very high Grin
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:28:45 AM

That's because he was the most recent trans-formative president. Before him was FDR. It's always a love/hate relationship.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
ShibaWow

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 08:42:18 AM

what we find creepy is actually a good test (how widespread is incest in India?)
altough I have no bloody idea how the granddaughter agreed to this

aenemic

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:46:25 AM

I have a couple of people who have inspired the way I see the world.

Peter Kropotkin
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Kropotkin

Recommended read: http://libcom.org/library/the-conquest-of-bread-peter-kropotkin

George Orwell
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Orwell

Recommended read: http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks02/0201111.txt

And in newer times what Enric Durant did in Spain I find truly inspiring:

Took up upwards of 60 loans from 30 different banks in spain totalling 492 000 euros, gave it all away to anticapitalist organizations so that they could grow and is now on the run from the law, some of the projects can be seen here:

https://calafou.org/en <-- Occupied permaculture/hacklab outside of Barcelona, this is where Amir Taaki has been working from lately(darkwallet, etc).
http://cooperativa.cat/en/ <-- a cooperative of cooperatives building a seperate economy/society based on anarchist principles of mutual aid and voluntary participation.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: