Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:01:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite political figure?  (Read 4103 times)
zolace

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:19:22 AM

President Reagan's philosophy when it came to dealing with America's enemies was "Peace through strength."

That's a good philosophy to have, I think.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sana8410 (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:46:35 AM

President Reagan's philosophy when it came to dealing with America's enemies was "Peace through strength."

That's a good philosophy to have, I think.

Except it led to the support of genocide in Guatemala.

Reagan was really pretty bad at foreign affairs, very inhumane, often downright illegal, and started off fairly poorly at being able to manage the Soviet Union.

Aside from direct support for death squads in Latin America, and the support of the genocide against the Mayans in Guatemala, we also directly funded a devastating civil war in Angola, fomented instability in the DR Congo, pretty much stood alone in recognizing and supporting apartheid in South Africa, acted rashly and with little understanding in Lebanon, lost the momentum of Camp David by ignoring the entire thing, botched the handling of Gaddafi, brought the US recklessly close to conflict with the Soviet Union (until he reversed course), and was generally fairly sloppy in his foreign affairs dealings. I might not rank him as bad as Nixon and Kissinger, but he engaged in a lot of immoral diplomacy that Clinton, George W. Bush, Obama and perhaps even HW Bush couldn't have even dreamed of getting away with (though Bush W. tried).

He had zero foreign policy experience going into the presidency but simultaneously had very strong feelings concerning it and the result was fairly disastrous for global stability at first. It was only really after he got caught with the Iran-Contra scandal that he got his ducks in a row foreign policy wise (so for most of his presidency he was largely inept).

One of his largest foreign policy successes was in Afghanistan and that move left the Taliban in power via his "whatever we need to do to win" strategy.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:00:10 PM

How about this man ? :-

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"

M.L.K. Jr.
icescoop

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 02:36:31 AM

i admire john f. Kennedy. it seems he was a politician who actually cared about the rights of the people. he tried warning us of the system which rules the world today. i also like that he was once a soldier (a sailor in the navy) i hate the way politicians these days send men to war these days. It's better to have a president who know the affects of war.
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:03:21 AM

All of them. The bitter, idiotic, murders... They've all shaped the world into some way. Positive, or negative.
taipo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Kia ora!

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 06:32:19 AM

My fav type of political figure. Starry eyed smirky shock puppets. At least you know where they stand and they are that disingenuous that they cannot fool people into trusting them.

Support the two platforms essential to protecting the identities of whistleblowers. Both accept bitcoin donations.
https://globaleaks.org - GlobalLeaks ( btc: see http://goo.gl/D5wM0L )
http://goo.gl/sZg2RN  - SecureDrop: whistleblower submission system
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:29:48 AM

All jokes aside, I adore Obama's character and speech abilities
TrailingComet

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:58:07 AM

Robert the Bruce
Henry V
Joanne d'Arc
Leonardo Da Vinci

zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:51:03 AM

What about Hilary Clinton? 

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
XDaxX

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:35:14 AM

I like Putin because in time when SAD is controling everything he has the courage to stand up against them and keep some power in his hands.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:03:00 PM

What about Hilary Clinton? 

Talking about Hilary Clinton's character and speech abilities, her adventures in Bosnia comes to my mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I23fjRN-PGc

May god save the United States if this women is ever elected as the POTUS.
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:50:33 PM

Historian is giving all credits to Ghandhi.

The Indian history is written by the British.

They will do all they could to discredit anti-British Indian leaders such as Subhas Chandra Bose and Prem Sahgal, while praising the pro-British activists such as Nehru and Gandhi.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi was the preeminent leader of Indian nationalism in British-ruled India. Employing nonviolent civil disobedience, Gandhi led India to independence and inspired movements for civil rights and freedom across the world.

noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:12:23 PM

My favorite leader is Abraham Lincoln .. He was simply a genius.. Had he be ruling the country now, the world would have been an all together a different place surely..

Lol...hell yes it would be different. Martial law, imprisoning dissenters, no trial by jury...

With the technology of today he could kill a lot more than a few hundred thousand Americans in the name of "Unifying the country" aka, squashing individual and state rights.
Abraham Lincoln was a pure politician, and with today's media his ability to flip-flop on issues, depending on which region of the country he was in, would be non-existent. Abraham Lincoln told the audience exactly what they wanted to hear, and definitively stated that if he could end the war without freeing a single slave he would. His goal was to keep the Union together, not to end slavery. However, he was instrumental in the passage of the 13th Amendment, outlawing slavery; Sadly, his assassination prevented a successful "Reconstruction" of the United States. Although, I'm not sure had he lived, things would be any different. The Radical Republicans of that era were able to capitalize on the tragedy to ensure passage of significant legislation, the 14th and 15th Amendments!!

But, with the way Citizens United has perverted the 14th amendment it would be interesting to see what old Abe thinks of Corporations being considered people and political contributions protected as free speech!!
Agreed. He is very rare political figure in the history.
Is the story about his fight against vampire (during the civil war) legend or just rumor? Maybe I watch Hollywood too much. But frankly I heard many legends what all the first men of the States do, great things (or they all are Hollywood's work again?).
yes Abraham Lincoln is very rare political figure in the history. Abraham Lincoln (February 12, 1809 – April 15, 1865) was the 16th president of the United States, serving from March 1861 until his assassination in April 1865. Lincoln led the United States through its Civil War—its bloodiest war and its greatest moral, constitutional and political crisis. In so doing he preserved the Union, abolished slavery, strengthened the federal government, and modernized the economy.

cech4204a

Activity: 252

12CDKyxPyL5Rj28ed2yz5czJf3Dr2ZvEYw

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 05:29:08 AM

Tito! People from former Yugoslavia will know who i'm talking about. I would add picture but someone might hate me for it Smiley Josip Broz Tito, best ever made.

Bitcoin is DEAD
tukangkopi

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 06:55:12 AM

Napoleon Bonaparte for me
He fought many monarch and kingdom in Napoleonic Wars
too bad he lose at waterloo
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: