Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:45:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ZenMiner (unmoderated) service discussion thread  (Read 27908 times)
zenMiner_Eric

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 01:01:02 PM

It seems like has been a bit of a rough launch; which is a bit disappointing seeing how it's the only way to update the firmware on the Generation A GAWminers. 

However, thank you though for keeping us updated and for posting the timeline. It makes it a lot more bearable knowing what is going on behind the scenes, and it sounds like you guys have a solid plan on getting the train back on the tracks.  Cheesy

Thank you for understanding! Our team has been working around the clock to get "the train back on the tracks."  We've also been in constant communication with the team at GAW Miners to ensure we get their customers online and hashing as soon as possible. Any questions or issues can be sent to support@zenminer.com.

As always, I'll keep you guys posted on major updates.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 01:47:23 PM

I'd love to see the performance numbers from Zenminer compared to running cgminer.
mook663

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:06:45 PM

Sent in a support question to zenminer and Eric shot me back a reply very fast which I appreciate.

Unfortunately, the answer wasn't what I was hoping for. I was wondering if a USB Wifi adapter could be used with the zenController, and was told wireless support was not included because 'a wired connection to your miner is always going to be more reliable than wireless'.

Very disappointed in that. I've been running gridseeds (and now the Fury) via PC over wireless with no issues at all.
cmilian

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:22:43 PM

You should be able too. I understand that any limitation would be at the raspberry pi side. Just  visit the raspberry pi at http://www.raspberrypi.org/ for some research and get back to us on how we can also do this Smiley
mook663

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:48:33 PM

You should be able too. I understand that any limitation would be at the raspberry pi side. Just  visit the raspberry pi at http://www.raspberrypi.org/ for some research and get back to us on how we can also do this Smiley

If we had access to the Pi itself with the zenMiner software loaded, sure.

Here is the exact quote from the email that I should have just tossed into my last post.

Quote from: Eric
In our effort to maximize quality control and the overall experience of our customers, all zenMiners are setup and configured at the seller's facility and then protected from alteration (root access) to ensure security and reliability. We did not include support for wireless devices because a wired connection to your miner is always going to be more reliable than wireless. I'm sorry if this causes any inconvenience to you.
AtomicFrost

Activity: 92

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 03:19:45 PM

Looks like registrations are back up. I'll be able to try it out in a few hours.  Grin
zenMiner_Eric

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 04:05:27 PM

Looks like registrations are back up. I'll be able to try it out in a few hours.  Grin

Yep! Site is online and accepting registrations/activations. If you have any issues, email me at support@zenminer.com

Thanks again for being patient while we sorted it all out!
Cali_LiteCoin

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 04:52:03 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2014, 05:10:08 PM by Cali_LiteCoin

Nice Hash for Fury 1.3 - 1.4 MH/s !!!!!
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 05:40:12 PM

Here is the exact quote from the email that I should have just tossed into my last post.

In our effort to maximize quality control and the overall experience of our customers, all zenMiners are setup and configured at the seller's facility and then protected from alteration (root access) to ensure security and reliability. We did not include support for wireless devices because a wired connection to your miner is always going to be more reliable than wireless. I'm sorry if this causes any inconvenience to you.

Thats interesting my zenminer controller sd has the noobs image on it.....I am trying to figure out what I need to do at this point. Any suggestions? So much for plug and play with this.....

oh so even if we had a wireless usb.. we couldn't add it... thats a big drawback....

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
ktmracing03

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 05:45:36 PM

You should be able too. I understand that any limitation would be at the raspberry pi side. Just  visit the raspberry pi at http://www.raspberrypi.org/ for some research and get back to us on how we can also do this Smiley

oh so even if we had a wireless usb.. we couldn't add it... thats a big drawback....

Im really shocked wifi wouldn't be enabled...... https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruits-raspberry-pi-lesson-3-network-setup/setting-up-wifi-with-occidentalis here is an easy how to which may work.
zenMiner_Eric

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 05:53:38 PM

While wireless devices are not supported in the launch release, we may be including support in a future release. In the meantime, for those of you who require wireless, you can always use an inexpensive ($25 used) wireless bridge device like the one found here -> http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-Linksys-WET11-Wireless-Ethernet-Bridge/dp/B000066JQU
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 06:10:42 PM

Anyone have some screenshot of the zenMiner in action, hashing away with GAW hardware?

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
mook663

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 06:34:25 PM

Anyone have some screenshot of the zenMiner in action, hashing away with GAW hardware?

It's very plain as far as information goes.

https://i.imgur.com/U91irR5.jpg
zenMiner_Eric

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 07:00:20 PM

This guy did a neat job.

I got my Black Widow up and running with zenminer today.  I had a brand new in box EVGA 1300w PSU I was going to use but it was DOA.  Luckily I had an 850w Corsair lying around so I used that instead.  Zenminer will take some getting used to, and I've seen hash rates from 10-25MH/s which is bizarre.  I have only had it connected for about 30 minutes or so.

Here's my link to my blog with the review on it.http://ryangrim.es/BlackWidowReview

There's a surprise at the end of my review in case you want to save a bit of $$$ on a GawMiner purchase.

Thanks!
alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:03:25 PM

That power brick they give you with this gets super-hot!
ktmracing03

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:25:09 PM

This guy did a neat job.

I got my Black Widow up and running with zenminer today.  I had a brand new in box EVGA 1300w PSU I was going to use but it was DOA.  Luckily I had an 850w Corsair lying around so I used that instead.  Zenminer will take some getting used to, and I've seen hash rates from 10-25MH/s which is bizarre.  I have only had it connected for about 30 minutes or so.

Here's my link to my blog with the review on it.http://ryangrim.es/BlackWidowReview

There's a surprise at the end of my review in case you want to save a bit of $$$ on a GawMiner purchase.

Thanks!

Are you using 6 pin pcie for power or does it have to be 8 pins?
Mad Macs

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:36:24 PM

This guy did a neat job.

Thanks!

2 6 pins worked perfectly.  I went back and re-did the connections with the 1300w PSU and forcing 8 pins into the connectors was what caused it to not power up.  As soon as I used 6 pins they worked great.
Mad Macs

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:44:19 PM

This guy did a neat job.

Thanks!  I rushed through it to get it up but I'm impressed with how easy it was.  Definitely a 1.0 product but I like it so far.  Here's what I would like to see:

1) Active Pool notification - I don't know what pool my miners are pointed at.
2) Hashrate graphs
3) Notification center if a miner goes down (even if I have 2-3 connected to 1 zenminer)
4) Multi pool support for multiple miners - The ability to point different asics at different pools within the same zenminer device.
ktmracing03

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:55:27 PM

This guy did a neat job.

Thanks!

2 6 pins worked perfectly.  I went back and re-did the connections with the 1300w PSU and forcing 8 pins into the connectors was what caused it to not power up.  As soon as I used 6 pins they worked great.

Cool I will try that. What is the user name and password for the pi image?
Mad Macs

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 09:12:53 PM

This guy did a neat job.

Thanks!

Cool I will try that. What is the user name and password for the pi image?

I honestly don't know.  I used the website and everything worked.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: