Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:50:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ZenMiner (unmoderated) service discussion thread  (Read 27915 times)
AR15usr

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 02:13:26 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2014, 02:53:00 PM by AR15usr

Seems that the save button doesn’t work when I add a second pool. Once I leave the pools page the 2nd pool I added disappears.

Actually, I can’t change the pool even on the original pool I have. Save button doesn’t work.

EDIT: seems to work with 1 pool now, but only if I log out and back in…

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zenMiner_Eric

Activity: 52

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 05:06:49 PM

Seems that the save button doesn’t work when I add a second pool. Once I leave the pools page the 2nd pool I added disappears.

Actually, I can’t change the pool even on the original pool I have. Save button doesn’t work.

That's because we just fixed the issue a few moments ago Smiley
Ktulu1

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:16:16 PM

That's because we just fixed the issue a few moments ago Smiley

Thanks Eric.
StrangeUSB

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 07:03:55 PM

I created a subreddit for zenMiner.

http://www.reddit.com/r/zenMiner/

It's currently under development and I'm looking for feedback on it. 
ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 08:41:05 PM

Probably a dumb question but I will ask anyways.
I want to change pools but leave the one I already have as a backup.
Is there not a button or selection setting for which of the pools I want as my main pool?
The recent updates are great by the way.  
Each one is making it easier to use and more useful.
Also is the Map option supposed to show where you are or your pool??

dsf190

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 11:17:53 PM

Question:
If I already have a Pi, do I have to purchase the zenController from GAW or can I just download an image and purchase an activation key somewhere?
zenMiner_Eric

Activity: 52

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 11:23:05 PM

Many zenMiner users are reporting the same, however, all have confirmed that pool stats (i.e. real stats) are typically much closer to what you'd expect them to be. We're actively working on refining the detail of the statistics provided in the zenOS UI.
What does the discarded number actually mean?  I realize that the no-submit-stale is NOT being used, so if all shares are being sent to the pool, what is being discarded and where?  By the way after about a half a day of running Furys, my accepts are 1862 and my discards are 2902.
Hi Eric, can you tell me what the "Discarded" number in the Zen UI actually means?

Good thread on GAW Community forum for this question. https://community.gawminers.com/gawminers/topics/zenminer_discarded_shares
schnauzr

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 12:30:38 AM

Many zenMiner users are reporting the same, however, all have confirmed that pool stats (i.e. real stats) are typically much closer to what you'd expect them to be. We're actively working on refining the detail of the statistics provided in the zenOS UI.
What does the discarded number actually mean?  I realize that the no-submit-stale is NOT being used, so if all shares are being sent to the pool, what is being discarded and where?  By the way after about a half a day of running Furys, my accepts are 1862 and my discards are 2902.
Hi Eric, can you tell me what the "Discarded" number in the Zen UI actually means?

Good thread on GAW Community forum for this question. https://community.gawminers.com/gawminers/topics/zenminer_discarded_shares
well, I like this answer "If you are mining on a stratum server, and you should be, discarded shares don't matter. You can disregard them entirely." - I hope it's accurate Smiley
schnauzr

Activity: 72

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:46:16 PM

Eric, another question.  How do you handle the ZenMiner being resold?  For example, if someone sells their ASIC and ZenMiner as a package, but the ZenMiner has already been registered... can the number on the side be used to register another account? Or can the original account be modified to change the username for a new owner?  Would the old/new owners need to go through you guys to get this sorted on a case by case basis?
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:54:26 AM

That is a great question.
I wish I had thought to ask that when I interviewed Thomas about the controller.

I also cannot get the one click pool switching to work either still.

Eric, another question.  How do you handle the ZenMiner being resold?  For example, if someone sells their ASIC and ZenMiner as a package, but the ZenMiner has already been registered... can the number on the side be used to register another account? Or can the original account be modified to change the username for a new owner?  Would the old/new owners need to go through you guys to get this sorted on a case by case basis?

crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 02:09:10 AM

I wish I had thought to ask that when I interviewed Thomas about the controller.

one click pool switching? Seems I don't have this feature.

How's it supposed to work?

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
ManeBjorn
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 04:36:15 AM

I have no idea I thought it was supposed to be one click pool switching but I may be wrong.
It says Multi Pool Switching on the site and I took it to mean simple switching.
My mistake I think.

Eric, another question.  How do you handle the ZenMiner being resold?  For example, if someone sells their ASIC and ZenMiner as a package, but the ZenMiner has already been registered... can the number on the side be used to register another account? Or can the original account be modified to change the username for a new owner?  Would the old/new owners need to go through you guys to get this sorted on a case by case basis?

one click pool switching? Seems I don't have this feature.

How's it supposed to work?

DarkKnight

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:28:18 PM

Not already supporting gridseed orbs/blades may have been something you'd want to have disclosed before selling them to people who buy them for their blades.  Undecided

In fact, any limitation over some of the other RPi distro's out there, like the lack of API access is actually quite important to a lot of us.

You said you'd be adding in support for blades tonight, I'll be looking for it.

DarkKnight

Activity: 178

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 02:02:19 PM

2 6 pins worked perfectly.  I went back and re-did the connections with the 1300w PSU and forcing 8 pins into the connectors was what caused it to not power up.  As soon as I used 6 pins they worked great.

SMH...

Did you bother to look at the PCIe pin out or did you just solder your +12v to the top 4 wires? You're lucky you didn't short out your PSU. Roll Eyes

It didn't power up because 8 Pin PCIe has the same number of +12v lines as 6 Pin PCIe, (3).  Cheesy

It has 2 extra GND wires instead of +12v & GND. 8 Pin EPS on the other hand, that has (4) +12v & (4) GND.

I don't know what wattage you are working at, but also bear in mind that 6 pin PCIe is only rated for a conservative 75w. You could likely go to 125w before exceeding the pin rating, but be sure your wires that are feeding the pins are at least 18AWG. 22AWG, which is common on some of the cheaper connectors will melt.
holylacross

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 06:55:03 PM

I'm having some issues with my Fury device. I can see it connected to my ZenController on Zenminer.com. Its on the right hardware setting, correct pool settings, but all my shares are being discarded. Also the Miners Activity Status is Idle. I could use some help with this one please.
Ktulu1

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 09:29:52 PM

Anyone know about having multiple zenControllers on one zenMiner account? Is it possible? How do?
kcheel

Activity: 188
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:44:55 AM

Not already supporting gridseed orbs/blades may have been something you'd want to have disclosed before selling them to people who buy them for their blades.  Undecided

In fact, any limitation over some of the other RPi distro's out there, like the lack of API access is actually quite important to a lot of us.

You said you'd be adding in support for blades tonight, I'll be looking for it.

+1 to this.  I ordered one from GAW as I keep having issues with the mining PC I have my blade currently hooked to.  GAW recommends it as a purchase on the Blade sales page and it didn't even work for it when I received last week.  I have been out of town for past few days, so if that has changed, will be welcome news.
kylesimmons

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:23:39 PM

Yes please add gridseed support ASAP I bought one of these with the sole purpose of controlling my blades/minis with the ZenController.
martyzion

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 08:40:14 PM

I want to add my kudos to Eric at GAWminers support for his excellent communication and patience in getting my zenminer up and running.  Like alot of folks here, I thought the pi was the interface and I was going through all sorts of config shenanigans directly with the pi until Eric explained how the zenminer is controlled through a WAN interface on a PC, not by a keyboard and display hooked up to the pi. GAWminers is standing behind their product, and while it has it's quirks, they so far has awesome customer service.
MobileWill

Activity: 119

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 04:56:17 AM

Hi,

Anyone know if there is a startup config file to edit to enable API support? I use a PHP script to monitor all my miners running on different machines\RPi's.

Thanks.

miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=80
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: