Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:08:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ZenMiner (unmoderated) service discussion thread  (Read 27912 times)
enso

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:34:53 PM

Thanks for the idea.  I've restarted it a few times without any luck.

In terms of the pool configurations - i assume that it supports stratum.  I've been using the standard 'stratum+tcp://fully qualified pool name:port' syntax.  Same configuration that i had with BFGMiner with the same miners prior to the Zen Controller.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MobileWill

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 10:35:47 PM

Thanks for the idea.  I've restarted it a few times without any luck.

In terms of the pool configurations - i assume that it supports stratum.  I've been using the standard 'stratum+tcp://fully qualified pool name:port' syntax.  Same configuration that i had with BFGMiner with the same miners prior to the Zen Controller.

Yeah that should work.

Does the USB section list all your devices?

miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=80
enso

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:41:44 PM

Yup - they all show up.
MobileWill

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 10:43:19 PM

Yup - they all show up.

You could SSH into the box and see what it is doing.

I use putty.

username root
pass gawminers

screen -r  to check the miner session.

crtl-a-d to disconnect from miner session.

enso

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:55:43 AM

No change in status - things are still not hashing.  I've restarted a number of times and i've wiped out almost every pool that i had previously populated.  I'm pretty sure that I am doing something wrong, or have missed something, as I have 2 of the Zen Controllers that are doing the *exact* same thing.  Is it possible that some other activation is required?  Any other ideas?
MobileWill

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 03:56:43 AM

What happens when you SSH into them?

enso

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:20:43 PM

After I SSH into them - i get connected - no issues there.  I can see all of the RPI processes running, including one named 'CRYPTO', but otherwise - nothing else looks weird or out of place.
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 03:37:25 PM

After I SSH into them - i get connected - no issues there.  I can see all of the RPI processes running, including one named 'CRYPTO', but otherwise - nothing else looks weird or out of place.

are you running them through a hub? If so, try with them connected directly to the pi

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
MobileWill

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 03:49:53 PM

Did you try running screen -r?

enso

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:54:31 PM

yes - it states that there is no screen to take over.
MobileWill

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 04:07:31 PM

yes - it states that there is no screen to take over.

So something is wrong that either the miner isn't running or its exiting. Which I have seen it exit but it restarts and then goes.

Btw did you click change hardware and set your hardware. I recently added another controller and I had to do it a few times.

You can keep running screen -r and see if you can catch it.

DarkKnight

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:50:56 PM

You can keep running screen -r and see if you can catch it.

Use ~#watch "screen -ls" to monitor any screen sessions starting up and closing. It has a 2 second refresh, so you still may miss it, but it's better than repeating the command. Use CTRL-C to exit the watch.

It' entirely possible that you have the wrong binary on your RPi, and it closes on startup because it doesn't detect the right device.

It's important that you change your "hardware configuration" server side at least twice. Once to something that isn't your hardware type (e.g. select gridseed, if you use zeus), wait 10 minutes, then once back to your hardware. Leave your miners disconnected during this process. Once you have selected your hardware, wait another 10 minutes to be safe, connect your hardware and powercycle the RPi.

The server definitely pushes a different binary when you switch hardware manufacturers. You need to give time for the RPi to pick the commands up from the server and time for the binaries to download. I have no concept of how long it will actually take you to download the binary, so 10 minutes is a safe period.

Are you using a compatible USB2 hub? Try connecting your miner directly to your RPi until it gets picked up and working ok. Further, you need to monitor the power consumption rather than your pool to see if it's mining if you aren't SSH'ed in and looking for screen sessions.
thresher

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:27:44 PM

Less than 48 hours with a miner hosted on zenminer, and I haven't been able to log in for the last seven hours.  Just great. Roll Eyes
chrissibel

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Got Crypto?

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 06:12:51 AM

I cannot get my GAW Falcon to activate either. I have tried re-flashing the SD using the guide here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ew4IYYRmauTwY65bLAscmwrnufhXZKTcss3r24q7Y2c/edit

Does anyone know how to get this thing activated?
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 04:24:10 PM

Less than 48 hours with a miner hosted on zenminer, and I haven't been able to log in for the last seven hours.  Just great. Roll Eyes

cloud hosting?

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
MobileWill

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 04:40:35 PM

It was just a front end issue. They are fine now and are upgrade servers.

Hash is safe.

ShibaWow

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 03:06:11 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2014, 10:23:08 PM by ShibaWow

they're legit?

how often do they pay Cheesy

Senth

Activity: 67

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:21:03 PM

new to zenminer
But have a question with Pool list from the ZenOS
I can put more the one pool to save. But do not know how to switch pool priority.
For example
I have 3 pool saved on the list and i want to use the 3rd pool to be mining. cant figure out to drag or put that pool on top to mine.
I have been just reentering the url and info everytime i change pool.
Is there a fix or Im i missing something?
thanks
MobileWill

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 04:25:02 PM

new to zenminer
But have a question with Pool list from the ZenOS
I can put more the one pool to save. But do not know how to switch pool priority.
For example
I have 3 pool saved on the list and i want to use the 3rd pool to be mining. cant figure out to drag or put that pool on top to mine.
I have been just reentering the url and info everytime i change pool.
Is there a fix or Im i missing something?
thanks

At this time you can't. You just have to copy and paste the order you want. Its annoying I know. They are supposed to add the feature eventually.

cryptodaknight

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 12:02:45 AM

Bought a Gawminer warmachine, and i'm unable to configure this with zenminer. Is there no support yet? The option is there, but when i click on it doesn't show war machine. I have black widow, fury and falcon as options. What is going on, are these things used? Was there supposed to be an activation code or something?

I know my hardware is 99% sure it's correct. I also know the pool is set up correctly.

Has Zenminers fully set up support for gawminer yet, or is there some other reason i'm unable to use it. No tech support, but opening a ticket which as been 48 hours and nothing. No phone, nothing online. I'm completely stuck here and haven't been able to find a thing online how to fix this problem

Anyone else have a war machine and zenminer and knows what is going on or thinks they know the problem? Could it be zenminer has not set up configurations on there end yet?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: