Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:26:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 [1024] 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RW-Stott

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:22:55 PM

I hope XC gets some big rumors soon... Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:24:15 PM

Organiser, this issue's relevance to XC has been settled. Please acknowledge this and stop repeating yourself.

I've followed your remarks on the Litecoin thread and am not enamoured of your approach.

I'd appreciate it if you'd not transplant it here.

[Old-ish FUD]

Turns out you were not even a customer of Jasin's ASIC project.

And your allegations about Cache are neither substantiated here nor relevant to this thread.

Substantiate them elsewhere and post a link here.

In the meantime we'll continue to suspect your motives given you're not an affected party.

This is what's really going on.  https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=21506.msg198342#msg198342

No idea on the fudding with Dark.  What I do know is that I've lost $4,000 with the Cache pump (Jasin valued it at .01 BTC for the order & now it's fallen 98% in value).  I got a 30% discount on an ASIC order.  Promised an exchange for months and months (Just around the corner).

Guess he was too busy working on your coin to bother developing what he'd promised to deliver to us.

Not to mention when we came over to this thread - he gave more information about his dev taking coins than he would give in the official ASIC thread where people were begging for it.  Any morsels of info are gotten from outside the official channel of communication (which is part of the reason stuff has wound up in your thread).

Now it appears there may have never been an ASIC foundry.  Jasin is generously offering to refund my Cache and there is proof that he was selling cache on the pump (while his company was valuing it at .01BTC - he was selling it personally)

I am a fib customer.  I don't give a f*** about dark, XC (or even LTC anymore).
RW-Stott

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:25:24 PM

Just curious, but who here has ordered an XC TOR Stick from www.xcmerch.com?

I know I have!
_evolution_

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:27:28 PM

Alright I finally get to try XChat on my Mac. Please someone send me something:

Address: XUHBQfuEMhxVZG76koBVHMyJ31VtMYVW9E

Public Key: 28EWoPmHj5PDfaJbU9mYebrL8KqRkF8uiHezxShyCvh9U

Trying to send synechist a message and getting error message 'message encryption failed'.

What might be amiss?

Has anyone received this error message when trying to send a message? Wondering why I'm getting it...

I am getting the same error on OS X Sad
flashbit

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:28:54 PM

Hey guys, I would like to add something. A lot of times its been said that current price doesn't matter. I can tell you that statement is completely faulse. Current price and an upward trending price matter a lot. Any "investor" wants to see a continued return on investment. If they don't, they walk away. If they walk away, they don't usually come back. It becomes too risky because history says its a bad bet. Also, even though day traders and whales have a tendency to dictate the market, in the end without bitcoin we might as well be trading vegtables. If we want XC to overtake bitcoin one day, investors are key. They want to see innovation and development. They won't mind donating a few XC to a marketing campaign or what have you if it in turn helps put money in their pocket. I work for an investment firm, so I know what I'm talking about. You can't pitch something to an investor without showing them evidence that their investment will payoff. So...... Get out there and spread the word about XC. Anyone that has privileged information that is allowed to share should. If you let these forums go stale without any updates to intise people to jump on board, then you can kiss your investment goodbye!

Current price doesn't matter. Fullstop. I'm not going to go personal on this, but I very much doubt you understand this space in comparison to actual institutional investing.

As you are someone who works for an investment fund, you must realise this space is completely different from traditional markets. This whole idea of a pump and dump philosophy can easily be paraphrased to cover short term investment decisions, something which this space I'd argue is 90% full of. While in comparison real world markets are completely the opposite. This completely changes the market dynamics to a point where actual price isn't reflective at all of actual value. The current price is more reflective of a lack of short term opportunity, rather than a reflection of actual innovation and value.

The thing is, the innovation is what will set the long term price. The issue is that the innovation one isn't fully complete, and two hasn't been advertised. When Rev 3 comes out, and the system is fully functional, expect a huge amount of long term investors to get involved as the true value is realised. This will stabilise the price allot higher than it is now. Honestly, as an ex institutional investor myself, and working alongside institutional investors, we won't even consider setting a sell point until the price breaks 0.01, and until the long term investment arrives and the price is stabilised.

We believe with near 100% confidence this rise will be extremely sharp, it just needs a catalyst. See DRKs rise for a prime example. As at now, even just based on Rev 2, XC outperforms DRK as an anonymous technology, it also, in our eyes, where extensive due diligence has been conducted, has a considerably more capable team. The fact XC built a better system in six weeks compared to DRKs six months is testament to this. On top of this, you have major innovations planned such as staking wallets, VISA cards and a revolutionary collaboration with PoBC. While we have very little understanding of what this entails, if it is what we think it is, it will change the entire alt coin space in a more significant way than PoS did. And these are just the innovations we understand, Web 3.0 and Blockchain 2.0 sound just as groundbreaking.

Anyways, to all this dying crap. I can outright tell you this coin won't die. While all the short term investors might sell, long term investors like myself and the investors I am in contact with believe in this project far over any other as an investment decision. We know exacly where its going and exactly what sort of return we will get. To summarise, if we have to spend $3 million and outright buy the majority of the coins in circulation we will. We believe in this project 100%, and most importantly, we believe in the team 100%.

Heres a warning for all the short term investors, I'm heading back to London in two weeks and ill be allot more active then. Ill also be sitting down with some very important people once i settle to discuss alternative investment strategies for their personal funds. All im going to say is be very careful. Buy while the price is low. Don't miss the boat. We don't want to build a monopoly on the coins in circulation but unless other people want to bite, we will. These are big fish. And we are most likely not the only big fish examining this space and watching the situation very closely.

Ill end on this, how long do you think the competition can stay ahead of us when we innovate faster and better? There will be a day of reckoning, I gaurentee it. Media exposure or not, technology is black and white. Exposure will happen.

Ill see you all when we hit 0.01

To the team, keep up the great work guys. Ill be seeing you all in person some time soon.

Take care,

Michael

^ Bump ^ - this great comment from mike x 3 still stands in my mind. Look forward to hearing from him soon.

G-Bert

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:33:15 PM

I know I have!

not yet, will do probably after rev3.

one question... why is a custom one an extra £500!? lol

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
KimmyF

Activity: 978

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:35:37 PM

I know I have!

Coz you get 25 of them
Arrogantx

Activity: 166

“What can’t kill Bitcoin, makes it (us) stronger.”

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:35:48 PM

I know I have!

I've ordered my black card. Cheesy

“It will be everywhere, and the world will have to readjust. World governments will have to readjust.”
1KbCRTGQc7oma5NN4taw9ELVhp5PhB149r
braxx

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:36:04 PM

I know I have!

Product Description

This an order of 25 custom tor stick with your site or image at the back of the product. Please email store@xc-official.com before ordering.
rockstahh

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:36:49 PM

I know I have!

Does xc have anything on the horizon similar to onemarket?

1MKvsb5ULZrJqX9UjBpgESvfn5ftSg85qH
G-Bert

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:41:34 PM

I know I have!

Coz you get 25 of them

ahhhh, lol, ok, that makes more sense! wasn't very clear on the site, but its there in the description underneath.

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
Cannon Fodder

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:44:09 PM

I want XChat to be like an encrypted twitter so I can follow certain anonymous addresses and read gibberish all day long.  Hell, Dan why don't you just revolutionize social media while you are at it.  Encrypted social media on the XC blockchain.  BOOM!
RW-Stott

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:48:28 PM

I know I have!

Well, if you look at OP, there are plans for a Decentralized exchange post REV3. 
CryptoChronic

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:04:23 PM

Why did our price just drop soo much HuhHuh We had great news!!!!  Huh Huh Huh
rockstahh

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:07:21 PM

I know I have!

Well, if you look at OP, there are plans for a Decentralized exchange post REV3. 

couldn't private payments be evolved into a p2p market place?

1MKvsb5ULZrJqX9UjBpgESvfn5ftSg85qH
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 09:11:49 PM

Hey guys, I would like to add something. A lot of times its been said that current price doesn't matter. I can tell you that statement is completely faulse. Current price and an upward trending price matter a lot. Any "investor" wants to see a continued return on investment. If they don't, they walk away. If they walk away, they don't usually come back. It becomes too risky because history says its a bad bet. Also, even though day traders and whales have a tendency to dictate the market, in the end without bitcoin we might as well be trading vegtables. If we want XC to overtake bitcoin one day, investors are key. They want to see innovation and development. They won't mind donating a few XC to a marketing campaign or what have you if it in turn helps put money in their pocket. I work for an investment firm, so I know what I'm talking about. You can't pitch something to an investor without showing them evidence that their investment will payoff. So...... Get out there and spread the word about XC. Anyone that has privileged information that is allowed to share should. If you let these forums go stale without any updates to intise people to jump on board, then you can kiss your investment goodbye!

Current price doesn't matter. Fullstop. I'm not going to go personal on this, but I very much doubt you understand this space in comparison to actual institutional investing.

As you are someone who works for an investment fund, you must realise this space is completely different from traditional markets. This whole idea of a pump and dump philosophy can easily be paraphrased to cover short term investment decisions, something which this space I'd argue is 90% full of. While in comparison real world markets are completely the opposite. This completely changes the market dynamics to a point where actual price isn't reflective at all of actual value. The current price is more reflective of a lack of short term opportunity, rather than a reflection of actual innovation and value.

The thing is, the innovation is what will set the long term price. The issue is that the innovation one isn't fully complete, and two hasn't been advertised. When Rev 3 comes out, and the system is fully functional, expect a huge amount of long term investors to get involved as the true value is realised. This will stabilise the price allot higher than it is now. Honestly, as an ex institutional investor myself, and working alongside institutional investors, we won't even consider setting a sell point until the price breaks 0.01, and until the long term investment arrives and the price is stabilised.

We believe with near 100% confidence this rise will be extremely sharp, it just needs a catalyst. See DRKs rise for a prime example. As at now, even just based on Rev 2, XC outperforms DRK as an anonymous technology, it also, in our eyes, where extensive due diligence has been conducted, has a considerably more capable team. The fact XC built a better system in six weeks compared to DRKs six months is testament to this. On top of this, you have major innovations planned such as staking wallets, VISA cards and a revolutionary collaboration with PoBC. While we have very little understanding of what this entails, if it is what we think it is, it will change the entire alt coin space in a more significant way than PoS did. And these are just the innovations we understand, Web 3.0 and Blockchain 2.0 sound just as groundbreaking.

Anyways, to all this dying crap. I can outright tell you this coin won't die. While all the short term investors might sell, long term investors like myself and the investors I am in contact with believe in this project far over any other as an investment decision. We know exacly where its going and exactly what sort of return we will get. To summarise, if we have to spend $3 million and outright buy the majority of the coins in circulation we will. We believe in this project 100%, and most importantly, we believe in the team 100%.

Heres a warning for all the short term investors, I'm heading back to London in two weeks and ill be allot more active then. Ill also be sitting down with some very important people once i settle to discuss alternative investment strategies for their personal funds. All im going to say is be very careful. Buy while the price is low. Don't miss the boat. We don't want to build a monopoly on the coins in circulation but unless other people want to bite, we will. These are big fish. And we are most likely not the only big fish examining this space and watching the situation very closely.

Ill end on this, how long do you think the competition can stay ahead of us when we innovate faster and better? There will be a day of reckoning, I gaurentee it. Media exposure or not, technology is black and white. Exposure will happen.

Ill see you all when we hit 0.01

To the team, keep up the great work guys. Ill be seeing you all in person some time soon.

Take care,

Michael

^ Bump ^ - this great comment from mike x 3 still stands in my mind. Look forward to hearing from him soon.

+1

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
meursault

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:24:01 PM

Hey xcoiners! (x-currers?)

I just saw an article on XChat. I was wondering if the XCurrency Devs released any whitepapers or logic diagrams detailing the whole process.
brother3

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:36:25 PM

Why did our price just drop soo much HuhHuh We had great news!!!!  Huh Huh Huh

People taking profit... I could have sold too but decided against it.  It's too much risk for me to short sale right now

I am holding this coin base on its fundamentals.

And I believe in MikeMikeMike  Grin
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 09:41:54 PM

Coverage of XChat on cryptoarticles.com

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/xcurrency-introduces-xchat-more-private-than-bittorrent-bleep-and-more-secure-than-Protonmail

Share it folks!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/XCurrency/status/497859737565036545

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/XCurrency/posts/1528211240736111?notif_t=like

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 09:46:11 PM

Hey xcoiners! (x-currers?)

I just saw an article on XChat. I was wondering if the XCurrency Devs released any whitepapers or logic diagrams detailing the whole process.

These will come around Rev 3.

Here's a sketch for now though:

- User A‏ wants to send a message to user B‏
   - User A gets pub key‏ of user B‏
   - User A encrypts a packet which has his own pubkey and sends to to user B‏
   - Only user B can decrypt‏, since the private key of user B is required‏ to decode a message encrypted with user B's pubkey‏
   - Now user B has user A's pubkey, and can encrypt and send back‏ a message.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Pages: « 1 ... 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 [1024] 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: