Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:23:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 [1052] 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nanoprobe
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:26:41 PM

Put a Zeus asic on there but I'm having the same issue I have with many multipools and that is too many rejected shares. The diff is too low for asics and doesn't adjust up far enough. I'll let it run for a while to see if it corrects itself but I don't hold out much hope.

Can you manually set a difficulty to the end of your XC Address to force a constant difficulty like you can in a normal P2pool?

Here is a snippet from reddit:

Yesterday I manually set my difficulty using +0.001047726 appended to my wallet address. The value I used to set the manual difficulty is based on the combined kh/s value of both cards as reported by cgminer. The formula I used was hash rate in kH * 0.00000116414

So your setting would look something like the following if you had a 10Mhs script ASIC:

Code:
-o stratum+tcp://us.altmining.farm:3333 -u XC.<Your XC Address>+0.0116414 -p x
Thanks for the tip but I'm not actually mining XC. I'm mining scrypt which will be converted to XC when sold. The diff seems to have finally settled down and the rejected share rate is much better. I'm going to let it run over night to see how it fairs. In the mean time I'm going to fire up one of my GPU miners and let it run X-11 over night also.
Thanks for the link atcsecure.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
Never look back, something might be gaining on you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pookielax31

Activity: 462
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 09:36:42 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2014, 09:47:02 PM by pookielax31

Just sent an email to  https://www.coingateway.net/ asking them to add XCurrency ... i ask u all to join in sending an email asking to be put on the voting list... you'd be surprised how far a barrage of request will take you. Explain why we stand out and why we deserve a spot on the vote list!!! Gotta be proactive
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:17:08 PM

I've moved my miners to  http://www.altmining.farm/    :-)

It seems to like my 15 gridseed farm.  Many pools ban my little farm.  The vardiff on this pool runs things very efficiently for me.  I'll give it a go for 24 hrs. & then count my coins.........

ATC, are you mining scrypt ?  I just saw a few workers jump on and boost the hash rate quite a bit.

I'm mining scrypt with my gridseeds and X11 with gpu cluster...

Do you know yet about how much XC you are earning with what amount of hash?  Am trying to figure out if worth it for me to switch my miners to this pool.
Driv3n

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:40:16 PM

Been following this thread for a while so I figured it's time to say hello Smiley

XC is a very interesting coin because as others has written it resembles a company more than just another cryptocoin.

Others have written their analysis of why this coin has caught their interest and savings I would also like to offer my perspective.

First my view on all cryptocoins and what should be an investors main focus. You wan't a coin with steady high demand, slow and/or fixed supply and a good volume.

Bitcoin has this by being widely accepted and a proven track-record. The demand is also driven by market speculations in future gains.
Many if not all altcoins are technologically superior to Bitcoin but few offer any real competition to Bitcoins market share size by network effect.
Bitcoins core-differentiating factor to other cryptocoins is it's market integration and thus real-world appliance. Another is Bitcoins volume as the volume is part of the service Bitcoin delivers.
You could argue that both these factors merely are compeeting factors rather than differentiating factors but from a service perspective rather than a product comparing perspective Bitcoins simply is unchallenged.

If we look at this new breed of anon cryptocoins like XC and DRK they offer a comparable product to their bigger brother Bitcoin but with a new service differentiator, Anonymity. This differentiating factor could be argued in the grander scheme is compeeting to Bitcoin mixers but let's for now refrain from comparing centralized services to decentralized.

This is the coin perspective but as previously stated XC is more than a coin, it resembles a company so how to analyze it?

The value of a company is the value it brings to it's customers. It is what value you add/deliver to a customer experience. This at a prize determined by supply and demand.
Customer experience can be viewed as something that is being build up. The foundation is Salience between the customer's interpretation of the company's identity. You wouldn't buy pluming from an ice-cream vendor would you?
On top of Saliance there is the customers perceived performance of the products and services of the company but also aestetics. On this level there is also imagery which is the company's projected identity. Going further up it is the feelings the company evokes and the judgement customers do in their evaluation of the company like price to perceived value based on performance, imagery and salience. Feelings can overrule judgments and the other way around.
At the top of this model you will find Resonnance, it is when people don't just buy into being someone that buys this product, this life-style. Think Harley Davidson MC and Apple Computers (for some). It is when you hit the Resonnance level that your customers demand will be the highest and thus when they will pay top dollar for your products and services.

Of what a classic company does only some 20% is value adding to the customer. 80% is strictly supporting and is only perceived as a cost, we call it non-core supporting activities. The easiest example of this to understand is Human Ressource. Of cause good Coorporate Social Responsibility and healthy/happy employees touch over feelings and imagery part of the customer experience but they are a product of good Human Ressource, not Human Ressource itself. For alt-coins supporting activities is mostly coding and testing.
Of the 20%, 5% is Core-Differentiating and 15% is Core-Competing. Because of the Nash equilibrium Core-Differentiating competitive edges, be it product or service will be copied by your competitors making it a core-competing factor within your industry rather than a differentiator. This transition happens quickly in this early stage of the new market of altcoins. It can evoke strong feelings in the community when other coins copy or promise to copy the features of the coin(s) you have invested in especially with all the scam-coins popping up daily. This is the darkside of an unregulated market but in the grander scheme it's a good thing. Competition brings innovation and competitors copying the innovation brings enhancements and flavors. The Scam coins show market trends of what features are popular. They also mature both investors and those coins that are more legit to show additional due diligence, in a sense self-regulating the market.
Anonymity has several flavors, DRK do it one way, XC does it their way. From a customer perspective it can be hard to judge which coin has the superior performance compared to the other. It is therefore mostly left to imagery and feelings, maybe even resonance if you are a hardcore fan of a specific coin. I think this is why many are anticipating Dan writhing the white-paper, they wan't some more tangible information that can help their judgment of this coin, why especially judgement is important for investors I will supply a theory for later.

But first back to XC being more a company than just another alt-coin. The Dev. team is moving towards building a decentralized anonymous platform on which their first product or service if you want will be anon-skype and anon cryptcoin. Devs has hinted that they could even be moving towards a decentralized anon social media platform. The anon-skype feature alone is great for the customer experience but first you have to ask yourself who is the customer of XC?

Everyone who downloads the client is a customer, you don't have to buy XCurrency to be an XChat customer, this is not a bad thing since the XCurrency network security to my understanding strengthens from the additional nodes even if their wallets are empty. XChat is therefore not a differentiator to XCurrency though it might be to the XCplatform. To XCurrency XChat is only a non-core supporting feature, it can affect the XCurrency Imagery but it disturbs the Salience. This is why placing an emphasis on Privacy Platform is important for the XC brand.

But we can't invest in the XCplatform we can only invest in XCurrency. Enter the previous comment about emphasis on the judgement part of the customer experience.
It turns out that experience as a customer varies when you are doing private purchases or when you are doing purchases on behalf of your employeer. B2C vs B2B.
The customer experience for a B2B purchase is again Salience as the foundation, Performance on top, but Imagery is replaced by Reputation. On the next level we again find judgments but with a heightened emphasis!, feelings has been replaced with the perception of the sales force relationships. Rather than resonance at the very top we find Partnership Solutions, basically can you see the two business start a mutual partnership with product service and future support.
I believe that when we are doing investments our applied reasoning is closer to that of the B2B buying process rather than the B2C.
What many in this thread has expressed and what I also believe is that as an investor in XCurrency we are short term judging the dev. team and the partnership of which we are entering into with our savings.

Because those of us who believe in the project and have bought coins are running our wallets to support and further decentralize the network we are intertwined with the XChat functionality. If Dan tomorrow got an offering on his code from Microsoft and rebooted the project it would still not be the same (also I highly doubt that Microsoft would be in the market for anything decentralized and anon). This in a case makes each coin a stock, but in a company with no revenue (for now)

The true profit earning value of XCurrency is still with the functionality means of transferring value + anon transfer of value. Building in a decentralized trading platform that integrates with a local Bitcoin wallet would add XCurrency as an a path of least resistance for Bitcoin mixing. Adding volume and demand for XCurrency. Here anon XChat would also serve a more direct value benefit of arranging the mixing.

We as an investing community has an incentive in ensuring that the dev. team is sufficiently invested in this coin so that they are motivated into figuring out ways to intertwine XCurrency to generate some kind of revenue from the other features of the XCPlatform or enhance XCurrency in a way that brings demand and volume.

If you want to do additional reading on the theories I applied lookup Keller's Customer based brand equity model (pyramid) and Kuhn, Alpert & Pope's work of the pyramid in a B2B context. Also Nash equilibrium.

TLDR: XChat alone doesn't bring much value to XCurrency (yet) but you can't have one without the other so it speaks to the partnership you as an investor are joining into with the dev team.

Thanks for reading. English is not my first language and I CBA to get a forum post proof-read. Smiley

Thats one hell of an introduction post, thanks for taking the time to articulate all of that.
Driv3n

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:42:50 PM

Just sent an email to  https://www.coingateway.net/ asking them to add XCurrency ... i ask u all to join in sending an email asking to be put on the voting list... you'd be surprised how far a barrage of request will take you. Explain why we stand out and why we deserve a spot on the vote list!!! Gotta be proactive

I just sent them an email, as far as I'm concerned the more sites we're on the better.
almond

Activity: 407
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:43:15 PM

I've moved my miners to  http://www.altmining.farm/    :-)

It seems to like my 15 gridseed farm.  Many pools ban my little farm.  The vardiff on this pool runs things very efficiently for me.  I'll give it a go for 24 hrs. & then count my coins.........

ATC, are you mining scrypt ?  I just saw a few workers jump on and boost the hash rate quite a bit.

I'm mining scrypt with my gridseeds and X11 with gpu cluster...

Do you know yet about how much XC you are earning with what amount of hash?  Am trying to figure out if worth it for me to switch my miners to this pool.
stats are not the greatest at this pool, but I'll let you know in ballpark figures after 24 hrs.

Freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one
Driv3n

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:57:54 PM

***The XC Daily Update***

- XChat for TAILS is now out!

- There's also a new version of the TOR Stick (RC3) that includes Viladia TOR control.

- You can use Firefox on the TOR Stick and have traffic routed though TOR.

- Dan is working on Privacy Mode.

Spread the word:

Twitter: https://twitter.com/XCurrency/status/498843925042692096

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/XCurrency/timeline

In case anyone missed this announcement yesterday, I feel its worthy of another post.
holyprofit

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:11:11 PM

Been away for a few hours - great to see XC held so well during today's bloodbath.
This! is! Sparta!!

It's entirely down to the great work going on here, the great community and the confidence in this team.

shanuu

Activity: 131

New Beginning!

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:12:43 PM

Been following this thread for a while so I figured it's time to say hello Smiley

XC is a very interesting coin because as others has written it resembles a company more than just another cryptocoin.

Others have written their analysis of why this coin has caught their interest and savings I would also like to offer my perspective.

First my view on all cryptocoins and what should be an investors main focus. You wan't a coin with steady high demand, slow and/or fixed supply and a good volume.

Bitcoin has this by being widely accepted and a proven track-record. The demand is also driven by market speculations in future gains.
Many if not all altcoins are technologically superior to Bitcoin but few offer any real competition to Bitcoins market share size by network effect.
Bitcoins core-differentiating factor to other cryptocoins is it's market integration and thus real-world appliance. Another is Bitcoins volume as the volume is part of the service Bitcoin delivers.
You could argue that both these factors merely are compeeting factors rather than differentiating factors but from a service perspective rather than a product comparing perspective Bitcoins simply is unchallenged.

If we look at this new breed of anon cryptocoins like XC and DRK they offer a comparable product to their bigger brother Bitcoin but with a new service differentiator, Anonymity. This differentiating factor could be argued in the grander scheme is compeeting to Bitcoin mixers but let's for now refrain from comparing centralized services to decentralized.

This is the coin perspective but as previously stated XC is more than a coin, it resembles a company so how to analyze it?

The value of a company is the value it brings to it's customers. It is what value you add/deliver to a customer experience. This at a prize determined by supply and demand.
Customer experience can be viewed as something that is being build up. The foundation is Salience between the customer's interpretation of the company's identity. You wouldn't buy pluming from an ice-cream vendor would you?
On top of Saliance there is the customers perceived performance of the products and services of the company but also aestetics. On this level there is also imagery which is the company's projected identity. Going further up it is the feelings the company evokes and the judgement customers do in their evaluation of the company like price to perceived value based on performance, imagery and salience. Feelings can overrule judgments and the other way around.
At the top of this model you will find Resonnance, it is when people don't just buy into being someone that buys this product, this life-style. Think Harley Davidson MC and Apple Computers (for some). It is when you hit the Resonnance level that your customers demand will be the highest and thus when they will pay top dollar for your products and services.

Of what a classic company does only some 20% is value adding to the customer. 80% is strictly supporting and is only perceived as a cost, we call it non-core supporting activities. The easiest example of this to understand is Human Ressource. Of cause good Coorporate Social Responsibility and healthy/happy employees touch over feelings and imagery part of the customer experience but they are a product of good Human Ressource, not Human Ressource itself. For alt-coins supporting activities is mostly coding and testing.
Of the 20%, 5% is Core-Differentiating and 15% is Core-Competing. Because of the Nash equilibrium Core-Differentiating competitive edges, be it product or service will be copied by your competitors making it a core-competing factor within your industry rather than a differentiator. This transition happens quickly in this early stage of the new market of altcoins. It can evoke strong feelings in the community when other coins copy or promise to copy the features of the coin(s) you have invested in especially with all the scam-coins popping up daily. This is the darkside of an unregulated market but in the grander scheme it's a good thing. Competition brings innovation and competitors copying the innovation brings enhancements and flavors. The Scam coins show market trends of what features are popular. They also mature both investors and those coins that are more legit to show additional due diligence, in a sense self-regulating the market.
Anonymity has several flavors, DRK do it one way, XC does it their way. From a customer perspective it can be hard to judge which coin has the superior performance compared to the other. It is therefore mostly left to imagery and feelings, maybe even resonance if you are a hardcore fan of a specific coin. I think this is why many are anticipating Dan writhing the white-paper, they wan't some more tangible information that can help their judgment of this coin, why especially judgement is important for investors I will supply a theory for later.

But first back to XC being more a company than just another alt-coin. The Dev. team is moving towards building a decentralized anonymous platform on which their first product or service if you want will be anon-skype and anon cryptcoin. Devs has hinted that they could even be moving towards a decentralized anon social media platform. The anon-skype feature alone is great for the customer experience but first you have to ask yourself who is the customer of XC?

Everyone who downloads the client is a customer, you don't have to buy XCurrency to be an XChat customer, this is not a bad thing since the XCurrency network security to my understanding strengthens from the additional nodes even if their wallets are empty. XChat is therefore not a differentiator to XCurrency though it might be to the XCplatform. To XCurrency XChat is only a non-core supporting feature, it can affect the XCurrency Imagery but it disturbs the Salience. This is why placing an emphasis on Privacy Platform is important for the XC brand.

But we can't invest in the XCplatform we can only invest in XCurrency. Enter the previous comment about emphasis on the judgement part of the customer experience.
It turns out that experience as a customer varies when you are doing private purchases or when you are doing purchases on behalf of your employeer. B2C vs B2B.
The customer experience for a B2B purchase is again Salience as the foundation, Performance on top, but Imagery is replaced by Reputation. On the next level we again find judgments but with a heightened emphasis!, feelings has been replaced with the perception of the sales force relationships. Rather than resonance at the very top we find Partnership Solutions, basically can you see the two business start a mutual partnership with product service and future support.
I believe that when we are doing investments our applied reasoning is closer to that of the B2B buying process rather than the B2C.
What many in this thread has expressed and what I also believe is that as an investor in XCurrency we are short term judging the dev. team and the partnership of which we are entering into with our savings.

Because those of us who believe in the project and have bought coins are running our wallets to support and further decentralize the network we are intertwined with the XChat functionality. If Dan tomorrow got an offering on his code from Microsoft and rebooted the project it would still not be the same (also I highly doubt that Microsoft would be in the market for anything decentralized and anon). This in a case makes each coin a stock, but in a company with no revenue (for now)

The true profit earning value of XCurrency is still with the functionality means of transferring value + anon transfer of value. Building in a decentralized trading platform that integrates with a local Bitcoin wallet would add XCurrency as an a path of least resistance for Bitcoin mixing. Adding volume and demand for XCurrency. Here anon XChat would also serve a more direct value benefit of arranging the mixing.

We as an investing community has an incentive in ensuring that the dev. team is sufficiently invested in this coin so that they are motivated into figuring out ways to intertwine XCurrency to generate some kind of revenue from the other features of the XCPlatform or enhance XCurrency in a way that brings demand and volume.

If you want to do additional reading on the theories I applied lookup Keller's Customer based brand equity model (pyramid) and Kuhn, Alpert & Pope's work of the pyramid in a B2B context. Also Nash equilibrium.

TLDR: XChat alone doesn't bring much value to XCurrency (yet) but you can't have one without the other so it speaks to the partnership you as an investor are joining into with the dev team.

Thanks for reading. English is not my first language and I CBA to get a forum post proof-read. Smiley

Is there a short way to what you just said? Smiley

adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:14:27 PM

Those sells do not make sense. If it had happened once, I'd say someone needed the money urgently. My guess is that he most probably has inside information and he is either playing games to cause panic or he is bailing for some mysterious reason.
We don't even know if it is one person or a few people.
this sort of "dumping" as people call it has been going on pretty much the entire life of XC. Yet here we are and XC is firmly in the top 20 alt coins and still not widely understood.
Have a look at the very large volume that went through in the early days of this coin.
https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/mintpal/xcbtc
It may be that some of this is still being unwound, who knows?

I'm in this coin because I think the team is good and they have a good thing going. I think that as time goes by more people will become aware of this, but as to the timing of this...it's out of my control. Smiley
thha321

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:16:16 PM

WTF Shadowcoin has everything we have plus cellphone stacking wallet...

Do they have a solid dev like ours?
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:20:18 PM

Everyone who downloads the client is a customer,
Everyone who downloads the client is a member of the community. Smiley

The true profit earning value of XCurrency
XC may be more like a 'company" than other altcoins, but only , I think, because it is still closed source.
Ultimately, I believe the altcoins that achieve popularity are going to be very different from a proprietary company  because unlike a company the goal will not be to make money for shareholders, but to provide a service for anyone.
shanuu

Activity: 131

New Beginning!

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:21:05 PM

And who will use shadowcoin?

I bet that every ppl from europe age 40+ will NEVER use shadowcoin. Becouse is spokie...-SHADOWcoin-

thha321

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:33:10 PM

I bet that every ppl from europe age 40+ will NEVER use shadowcoin. Becouse is spokie...-SHADOWcoin-

What I'm saying is the coin is so fuking undervalued..
G-Bert

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:39:14 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2014, 12:11:26 AM by G-Bert

is the mobile code open source? It actually safe to download?

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:09:09 AM

People with their subtle ways of pumping other coins in our thread now.   Teka... don't you think those pretending to be here talking about other "undervalued" coins should be nuked?

holyprofit

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:20:37 AM

People with their subtle ways of pumping other coins in our thread now.   Teka... don't you think those pretending to be here talking about other "undervalued" coins should be nuked?

+1  My mintpal account is so undervalued. I can't understand why everyone doesn't send btc to my mintpal account. Putting my moon boots on right now. etc, yada yada
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:29:12 AM

What I'm saying is the coin is so fuking undervalued..
96,000,000 coins and they are about 12 cents US  IIUC...I'm struggling to see how that makes it undervalued.
dadon
Legendary

Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 12:32:09 AM

I don't believe it...sounds like a load of shit to me.
G-Bert

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:42:27 AM

I don't believe it...sounds like a load of shit to me.

looks like they are going through the same shit as us. price just gone down since that was released.  Huh

They have unknown Dev unlike us. Looks like they could be our closest competition though.

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
Pages: « 1 ... 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 [1052] 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: