Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:48:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 [1027] 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:15:11 AM

Someone dumping hard again....
I would show my shocked face, but then I would be telling a fib if I say I was shocked.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BrewCrewFan

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:16:42 AM

Buy walls building finally.

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
88flaminchevy

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:17:17 AM

I really don't think that is mike, because we have seen how easily XC can be pumped, and how much more expensive it can be, I really don't think they would play with cents when they can probably play with whole dollars if you get what I mean.

Whole dollar coins gets you a lot less coins.  That's part of my point.  He basically said without coming staight out and saying it, he can only afford to control price of XC because our coins are cheaper.  He's also picking XC because XC is a great coin and people will believe the price is climbing because of that.  He can't manipulate price of a shit coin that costs nothing because people won't buy into the price climb.  Also he can't do it with something like BTC because he doesn't have enough capitol to make a difference.

unless his investors are also familiar with the crypto world, I stongly doubt he and his investors will have much of an influence on the price. Alot of people are skeptical about investing into bitcoin, now they are supposed to invest into an altcoin thats only been around for 2 months? You won't find any legitimate investors willing to pool in millions to get into XC atm. I'm sorry that's just silly.

Hilarious!  You ever seen a panic buy or panic sell?  People make irrational decisions all the time!  Also, your dealing with kids.  There is a huge amount of kids buying as selling coins.  It's actually scary when you think about it.  Kids don't handle money the same way educated adults do.  I meet a 14yr old kid about a month ago that was more invested than me and a group on my friends combined.  He was talking to me about it like it was a game.  He was saying how him and his friends trade during lunch at school.  Just think about that for a second.  Your asking kids to make the same decisions you would.

Just out of interest, how invested was the kid?

He claimed $80K.  Told me he convinced his parent to let him invest his college fund and he borrowed some money from his grand parents.  Told me all his friends were doing the same thing.  Maybe he's going to make a million dollars or maybe judging by the way he was talking about it, he will loose it all being stupid and blame his parents for letting him do it.  The impression I got from him was, he just wasn't talking the money very serious, like it was a game he plays on his Xbox. 

Good luck to him I say. Most kids I know who play xbox all day smash it at COD etc. Infact, playing it like a game will probably be a benefit as it takes a lot of the emotion out of things which is what normally fucks people up.

Oh trust me, I get the calls at work all day!  "Did you see what happened today?, I think I should get out".  Now I have to come to the rescue and talk them off the bridge.  It's my job to be right and make the right call to protect their investment.  When I was talking to this kid and he told me he lost $10K a few times so far and shrugged it off like it was no big deal and used the words "I'll get it back", that's when I got scared.  What happened to invest what you can afford to loose?  Can he afford not to go to college if he looses it all?  Maybe he can, not everyone needs college or maybe life will get it's hands on him and he will end up not where he thought.
demgains

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:17:39 AM

I really don't think that is mike, because we have seen how easily XC can be pumped, and how much more expensive it can be, I really don't think they would play with cents when they can probably play with whole dollars if you get what I mean.

Whole dollar coins gets you a lot less coins.  That's part of my point.  He basically said without coming staight out and saying it, he can only afford to control price of XC because our coins are cheaper.  He's also picking XC because XC is a great coin and people will believe the price is climbing because of that.  He can't manipulate price of a shit coin that costs nothing because people won't buy into the price climb.  Also he can't do it with something like BTC because he doesn't have enough capitol to make a difference.

unless his investors are also familiar with the crypto world, I stongly doubt he and his investors will have much of an influence on the price. Alot of people are skeptical about investing into bitcoin, now they are supposed to invest into an altcoin thats only been around for 2 months? You won't find any legitimate investors willing to pool in millions to get into XC atm. I'm sorry that's just silly.

Hilarious!  You ever seen a panic buy or panic sell?  People make irrational decisions all the time!  Also, your dealing with kids.  There is a huge amount of kids buying as selling coins.  It's actually scary when you think about it.  Kids don't handle money the same way educated adults do.  I meet a 14yr old kid about a month ago that was more invested than me and a group on my friends combined.  He was talking to me about it like it was a game.  He was saying how him and his friends trade during lunch at school.  Just think about that for a second.  Your asking kids to make the same decisions you would.

He claimed $80K.  Told me he convinced his parent to let him invest his college fund and he borrowed some money from his grand parents.  Told me all his friends were doing the same thing.  Maybe he's going to make a million dollars or maybe judging by the way he was talking about it, he will loose it all being stupid and blame his parents for letting him do it.  The impression I got from him was, he just wasn't talking the money very serious, like it was a game he plays on his Xbox.  

I dont believe this. While there are some kids out there that are smart, I was also into alternative sources of income around 15-16 and I lost almost a thousand that I saved up investing into things that seemed legit. If that is the case, their parents are either rich and they can afford to give their kid that kind of money to have fun with, or he lied to you and maybe play with a couple hundred bucks, maybe a few thousand.

If he was an early investor of BTC, that might makes sense, but I can't see any sensible parent letting their kid 'invest' 80k by doing day trades. Thats not really investing, thats more like playing with fire. Investing is buying an altcoin and holding (but that is a huge risk in itself since most of them are scams)

in most cases, young kids will lie to make themselves look more mature and cooler. I did this alot, and this is probably what is happening here
G-Bert

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:19:28 AM

Someone dumping hard again....
I would show my shocked face, but then I would be telling a fib if I say I was shocked.

Im not shocked anymore either. It gets right on my tits though!

If we could just stay around 19 for a bit I'd be happy. Then I can show my Mrs my phone and she can see where in profit!  Angry

lol

how long we gonna keep getting dumped back down to 16!?

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
BrewCrewFan

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:19:47 AM

LOL wow another 9 BTC dump W....T.....F...?!

battbot

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:23:11 AM

It's all part of the game. Just sit back and enjoy. XC's future is already set.
rockstahh

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:23:44 AM

I the mean time BTCD is 0.004!  W....T.....F...?! Indeed.

1MKvsb5ULZrJqX9UjBpgESvfn5ftSg85qH
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:25:42 AM

I the mean time BTCD is 0.004!  W....T.....F...?! Indeed.

Stop comparing price to price. They have different supplies of coins.
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:26:37 AM

It's all part of the game. Just sit back and enjoy. XC's future is already set.

^ thiiiiiiiiiis people ^
G-Bert

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:29:56 AM

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
88flaminchevy

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:31:18 AM

Whole dollar coins gets you a lot less coins.  That's part of my point.  He basically said without coming staight out and saying it, he can only afford to control price of XC because our coins are cheaper.  He's also picking XC because XC is a great coin and people will believe the price is climbing because of that.  He can't manipulate price of a shit coin that costs nothing because people won't buy into the price climb.  Also he can't do it with something like BTC because he doesn't have enough capitol to make a difference.

He claimed $80K.  Told me he convinced his parent to let him invest his college fund and he borrowed some money from his grand parents.  Told me all his friends were doing the same thing.  Maybe he's going to make a million dollars or maybe judging by the way he was talking about it, he will loose it all being stupid and blame his parents for letting him do it.  The impression I got from him was, he just wasn't talking the money very serious, like it was a game he plays on his Xbox.  

I dont believe this. While there are some kids out there that are smart, I was also into alternative sources of income around 15-16 and I lost almost a thousand that I saved up investing into things that seemed legit. If that is the case, their parents are either rich and they can afford to give their kid that kind of money to have fun with, or he lied to you and maybe play with a couple hundred bucks, maybe a few thousand.

If he was an early investor of BTC, that might makes sense, but I can't see any sensible parent letting their kid 'invest' 80k by doing day trades. Thats not really investing, thats more like playing with fire. Investing is buying an altcoin and holding (but that is a huge risk in itself since most of them are scams)

in most cases, young kids will lie to make themselves look more mature and cooler. I did this alot, and this is probably what is happening here

He told me he bough a few thousand dollars worth of BTC when it was under $100 and sold when it hit $400.  He used his lucky gamble to convince his parents it is possible to make a lot of money.  He also said his parents don't know his grandparents lent him money so they don't really know what kind of funds he's working with.  Maybe your right and he's just lying, but I was pretty surprised how much he knew about BTC and Alt coins for only being 14.  
biskyb33

Activity: 121

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:34:12 AM

whale watching ...a spectator sport.

XChat XLo9fHrgmhwzUJxQwkvTq1oWAoMqXHwCVi
PubKey 2
rockstahh

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:36:02 AM

/quote]

Stop comparing price to price. They have different supplies of coins.

Sorry Chief, I should have used more digression before posting that.

policymaker

Activity: 210

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:38:18 AM

I loled hard, loved the show

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
georgehosterguy

Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 12:39:09 AM

Whole dollar coins gets you a lot less coins.  That's part of my point.  He basically said without coming staight out and saying it, he can only afford to control price of XC because our coins are cheaper.  He's also picking XC because XC is a great coin and people will believe the price is climbing because of that.  He can't manipulate price of a shit coin that costs nothing because people won't buy into the price climb.  Also he can't do it with something like BTC because he doesn't have enough capitol to make a difference.

With all do respect dude (88flaminchevy), you seem to be new at the whole crypto world. This is a very positive comment by someone that very excited about XC and sincerely wants it to succeed. To spin this and make it sound like a negative and instill fear in traders shows me your lack of experience. If you don't want to invest in XC, please move on. Mike x 3 is respected in the XC community and many of us have really benefited from his advice. Please keep it that way. Enough said.

Sorry, but I'm not a noob and I'm very much invested in XC!  Even though my reaction to mikes comments scared me, I sat back for a second and said, "I'll see if it happens".  In the real world, people are 2 faced, sorry to tell you that.  I've already told you guys what I do for a living, and I'm just saying that you need to watch out for people that leave you a bread crumb trail.  They are usually leading you somewhere.  It happens in my line of work all the time.  If he's really the kind of guy you guys say he is, he would have never told us what he was going to do.  It does not benefit him or his investors what so ever.  What, he's just a nice guy trying to help everyone else make a buck.....? I don't think so.  Those people are very few and far between.  I hope I'm wrong for both me and everyone else invested in XC's sake!

Sorry guys ... don't mean to fud your thread.  I see many tears in this coins future (I'm a Jasinlee stalker from Fib).  But think about this - if this investor meant this why would he tell you instead of give the benefit of "cheap coins" to his "clients" who are paying him (if I'm understanding this right)?  By explaining all of this to you - he's essentially ripping his customers who are paying for advice off by making their coins more expensive before he "sits down to talk with them" (which makes no sense)

I lost a lot.  And I mean A LOT of money between Vertcoin & Fibonacci ASICs.  My suggestion is treat this alt carefully.  Think about it this way.

If you'd put $100 in bitcoin when it was $1 - then you would be rich.  If XC is truly the future that will overtake bitcoin.  Then 100 coins is plenty to set yourself up for the future.  On the other hand if XC is not the future it will die off (because currency needs consensus - not just technology).  A lot of people are making money and losing money off playing hot potato with a lot of different coins.

But $100 is plenty if you believe this coin is going to overtake bitcoin without betting the farm.  Take it from somebody who has & lost.

Edit:  I'm not a litecoin, bitcoin, darkcoin, vertcoin or anycoin holder anymore. 

BrewCrewFan

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:40:47 AM

whale watching ...a spectator sport.

LOL I burnt all my cash again shortly after I got the funds converted into BTC, still under what I bought at though at the last little peak, thought 180k with what was going on was a sure bet, sadly , I was wrong again.

Yes, I have XC/Mint on bitcoinwisdom charts on the laptop next to me.... I might dabble a bit in some small trades, but right now I am under so cant sell.

demgains

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:46:27 AM

With all do respect dude (88flaminchevy), you seem to be new at the whole crypto world. This is a very positive comment by someone that very excited about XC and sincerely wants it to succeed. To spin this and make it sound like a negative and instill fear in traders shows me your lack of experience. If you don't want to invest in XC, please move on. Mike x 3 is respected in the XC community and many of us have really benefited from his advice. Please keep it that way. Enough said.

Sorry, but I'm not a noob and I'm very much invested in XC!  Even though my reaction to mikes comments scared me, I sat back for a second and said, "I'll see if it happens".  In the real world, people are 2 faced, sorry to tell you that.  I've already told you guys what I do for a living, and I'm just saying that you need to watch out for people that leave you a bread crumb trail.  They are usually leading you somewhere.  It happens in my line of work all the time.  If he's really the kind of guy you guys say he is, he would have never told us what he was going to do.  It does not benefit him or his investors what so ever.  What, he's just a nice guy trying to help everyone else make a buck.....? I don't think so.  Those people are very few and far between.  I hope I'm wrong for both me and everyone else invested in XC's sake!

Sorry guys ... don't mean to fud your thread.  I see many tears in this coins future (I'm a Jasinlee stalker from Fib).  But think about this - if this investor meant this why would he tell you instead of give the benefit of "cheap coins" to his "clients" who are paying him (if I'm understanding this right)?  By explaining all of this to you - he's essentially ripping his customers who are paying for advice off by making their coins more expensive before he "sits down to talk with them" (which makes no sense)

I lost a lot.  And I mean A LOT of money between Vertcoin & Fibonacci ASICs.  My suggestion is treat this alt carefully.  Think about it this way.

If you'd put $100 in bitcoin when it was $1 - then you would be rich.  If XC is truly the future that will overtake bitcoin.  Then 100 coins is plenty to set yourself up for the future.  On the other hand if XC is not the future it will die off (because currency needs consensus - not just technology).  A lot of people are making money and losing money off playing hot potato with a lot of different coins.

But $100 is plenty if you believe this coin is going to overtake bitcoin without betting the farm.  Take it from somebody who has & lost.

Edit:  I'm not a litecoin, bitcoin, darkcoin, vertcoin or anycoin holder anymore.  

It has been stated more than once, this is Xcurrency thread, and does not concern Jasinlee's previous history. Jasinlee is NOT the lead developer of XC, he is merely offering his assistance. Many of us here don't expect XC to become the next Bitcoin, but it can surely reach a litecoin market cap, and if that happens we will all be very pleased.
rockstahh

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:46:47 AM

Sorry, but I'm not a noob and I'm very much invested in XC!  Even though my reaction to mikes comments scared me, I sat back for a second and said, "I'll see if it happens".  In the real world, people are 2 faced, sorry to tell you that.  I've already told you guys what I do for a living, and I'm just saying that you need to watch out for people that leave you a bread crumb trail.  They are usually leading you somewhere.  It happens in my line of work all the time.  If he's really the kind of guy you guys say he is, he would have never told us what he was going to do.  It does not benefit him or his investors what so ever.  What, he's just a nice guy trying to help everyone else make a buck.....? I don't think so.  Those people are very few and far between.  I hope I'm wrong for both me and everyone else invested in XC's sake!

Sorry guys ... don't mean to fud your thread.  I see many tears in this coins future (I'm a Jasinlee stalker from Fib).  But think about this - if this investor meant this why would he tell you instead of give the benefit of "cheap coins" to his "clients" who are paying him (if I'm understanding this right)?  By explaining all of this to you - he's essentially ripping his customers who are paying for advice off by making their coins more expensive before he "sits down to talk with them" (which makes no sense)

I lost a lot.  And I mean A LOT of money between Vertcoin & Fibonacci ASICs.  My suggestion is treat this alt carefully.  Think about it this way.

If you'd put $100 in bitcoin when it was $1 - then you would be rich.  If XC is truly the future that will overtake bitcoin.  Then 100 coins is plenty to set yourself up for the future.  On the other hand if XC is not the future it will die off (because currency needs consensus - not just technology).  A lot of people are making money and losing money off playing hot potato with a lot of different coins.

But $100 is plenty if you believe this coin is going to overtake bitcoin without betting the farm.  Take it from somebody who has & lost.

Edit:  I'm not a litecoin, bitcoin, darkcoin, vertcoin or anycoin holder anymore. 

Sorry for your losses. Now you are a recovering cryptocoin addict.

BrewCrewFan

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:46:50 AM

Sorry, but I'm not a noob and I'm very much invested in XC!  Even though my reaction to mikes comments scared me, I sat back for a second and said, "I'll see if it happens".  In the real world, people are 2 faced, sorry to tell you that.  I've already told you guys what I do for a living, and I'm just saying that you need to watch out for people that leave you a bread crumb trail.  They are usually leading you somewhere.  It happens in my line of work all the time.  If he's really the kind of guy you guys say he is, he would have never told us what he was going to do.  It does not benefit him or his investors what so ever.  What, he's just a nice guy trying to help everyone else make a buck.....? I don't think so.  Those people are very few and far between.  I hope I'm wrong for both me and everyone else invested in XC's sake!

Snip

Bullshit. You broke the very first rule of playing around in cryptos and that is investing money you can not afford to lose. If you lose it, get upset, but move on.... but to come in here with the NERVE to shit on a coin just because a person who may or may not have done wrong to you in the past, who is not "in charge" of said coin, let alone a big aspect of the team ( XC has multiple people )... on a coin that had DELIVERED ON EVERY DAMN ASPECT that they have put forth in a timely manner.... well bud, you are not any fucken better than those that scam. Your not only defacing the individual, but your also defacing everyone who supports this coin, all the other devs and team members, and this includes me... and I take shit like that personally.

edit, If you did not mean to attack I am sorry for what I said, but if your intent was what I think it was, whatever. What I said is what I feel.

Pages: « 1 ... 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 [1027] 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: