Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:58:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 [386] 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hoertest

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:47:35 PM

when is the deadline for the latest test ? any news about the encrypted messaging ?i heard it should come first beta this weekend. Teka i think its a good idea you stick around here , not nessesary for moderation but just as a voice of XC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:47:55 PM

well it looks like they cant crack down v1.5 that dev provided so they have to resort to other measures. I guess XC forum much more targetable than the BTC talk itself

I think you don't realize why the forum is under ddos? are you stupid?  Roll Eyes

Following what you said this forum thread should be under attack since the xcforum only had technical discussion, project development and great questions.

Bitcointalk is bitcointalk, xc is xc, chaplin is chaplin, drk is drk.

I yam what I yam
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:48:09 PM

mac wallet?
hoertest

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:49:21 PM

well it looks like they cant crack down v1.5 that dev provided so they have to resort to other measures. I guess XC forum much more targetable than the BTC talk itself

I think you don't realize why the forum is under ddos? are you stupid?  Roll Eyes

Following what you said this forum thread should be under attack since the xcforum only had technical discussion, project development and great questions.

Bitcointalk is bitcointalk, xc is xc, chaplin is chaplin, drk is drk.

I yam what I yam

to be or not to be ...  Cool
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:49:41 PM

xctalk.com is not down only forum.xctalk.com so it is not ddos attack or related. i recommended the forums admin should auto backup mysql data every few hours.
i also recommended backup the forums directory in case some file got messed up.

zip directory command;
tar -cvf sitename.tar ./

unzip directory command;
tar -xvf sitename.tar

i'm owner and creator of hostingpost.com and a few other large forum sites.

xctalk.com has a different ip. The last backup was on the 12th (sorry that's my fault since I thought it would do.) so data from that will be used. From now they will be backed up each night.
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:54:30 PM

constant drk namedropping has to stop, its bringing trolls in the thread polluting it which results in an unatractive environement for new investors , don't you get this.
plus its a sign of weaknes. XCs goal isn't beating drk, its beeing the best solution for privacy in crypto no matter the competition. concentrate your enthusiasm and efforts on XC not other coins.
+1
policymaker

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 01:56:08 PM

@Teka now you know why your forum is under ddos. policymaker is a nice example.

And I know why we r discussing such things right now, you r the best example.

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
synechist
Legendary

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 02:10:49 PM

Hi everyone. I thought I'd make some sense of the work that Chaeplin has done on XC. (Summary: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=631052.msg7270701#msg7270701.)

First, this is what ATCSECURE provided:

• Sender address: ?
  • Wallet B: XYyMMG1VQHyRhAQWGdRQ9AEfdwSuG7w18G
  • Wallet C: XZvkTGD9hMiRuMByqCkHgRTNAu5J5fWnJV
  • Recipient address: XVrqrpe2ZDmykAnjcAHN6McbuDEjBZSvRZ
  • Payment process: "The mixer tells the [sender address] to send coins to wallet b, however wallet C is used to send coins to the [recipient address], there is NO link from wallet B to wallet C unless somebody manually moves the coins from C to B."
  • Aspect of payment being tested: the assertion that there is no link in the Blockchain from Wallet B to Wallet C. Testers are required to falsify this claim in order to receive a bounty.

This is what Chaeplin did:

1. He utilised a technique known as "Satoshi Spam," which is a matter of sending tiny amounts to addresses. One can use this to watch where the money flows in order to work out which addresses have common ownership.

2. Satoshi Spam is based on the pre-coinjoin principle that, given a transaction with multiple inputs and a single output, it follows that the inputs are owned by the same entity. For example, if 7 addresses were spammed with BTC 0.000001 and then all of these addresses were used to pay the resulting amount to another address, one can thereby conclude that the 7 addresses are owned by one person, and in all likelihood are in the same wallet.

3. However, coinjoin falsifies the assumption behind Satoshi Spam because coinjoin uses input addresses owned by several parties are to pay one or more recipient addresses. Thus if coinjoin is even partly implemented for a given coin, it becomes false to assume that one party owns the input addresses, since it's possible that there could be several owners.

4. Chaeplin implemented Satoshi Spam by sending small amounts to Wallet B and Wallet C.

5. His intention was to watch the blockchain to see where the amounts he sent to Wallets B and C would end up when the wallets spent the money.

6. His observation of the blockchain revealed the following information:
    - Wallets B and C sent payments somewhere, but the outputs are not given in the blockchain
    - Wallets B and C also paid transaction fees for the payments, but the addresses they're paid to are not given in the blockchain

7. With this information, Chaeplin constructs the following account:
    - Once Wallets B and C spend the money sent to them, the transaction is recorded in the blockchain, though the recipient address is not.
    - Nonetheless, he has a record that Wallets B and C spent the money.
    - On one occasion, Wallet B spends money, and at a similar time, Wallet C pays a transaction fee.
    - Therefore Wallets B and C are owned by the same entity.

8. However this is obviously false, because:
    - there's no record in the blockchain linking Wallet B's transaction with Wallet C's transaction fee.
    - there's no record in the blockchain that a single address received the money that Wallets B and C spent.

Therefore Chaeplin did not establish proof of a link between Wallets B and C.

Additional comments:

- This analysis is tentative. I might be incorrect about what Chaeplin did. He does not explain why he pastes code and blockchain records in his comments, so it's impossible to be certain about what is argument actually is. I've tried to reconstruct his thought process from what he posted.

- Chaeplin appears to have only a vague grasp of the strategy behind Satoshi Spam. Just as it is ineffective when coinjoin is implemented, it is ineffective when output addresses are not shown, as with XC.

- Chaeplin has clearly shown that a payment from Wallet B and another payment (probably a transaction fee) from Wallet C co-occurred.

- However Chaeplin conflates co-occurrence with a "hard link". Just because a payment from one address and a fee from another address appear in a blockchain at similar times, it does not entail that the two are associated in any way. Even if the blockchain was brand new and consisted of only these two payments, this implication would not be established. Co-occurrence is categorically distinct from a record that one address paid another.

- However in my opinion it would be wrong to conclude that Chaeplin is a fudder, since we do not have a "hard link" proving his intentions. There is evidence, sure, but let's not make Chaeplin's mistake of conflating possibility with certainty. We would act honourably by giving him the benefit of the doubt. And in acting honourably, we raise the ethic of this thread, which makes XC's community more attractive. Let's do XC proud.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Perl++

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:11:33 PM

@Teka now you know why your forum is under ddos. policymaker is a nice example.

And I know why we r discussing such things right now, you r the best example.

Some people in this community know the truth, you are a troll.

constant drk namedropping has to stop, its bringing trolls in the thread polluting it which results in an unatractive environement for new investors , don't you get this.
plus its a sign of weaknes. XCs goal isn't beating drk, its beeing the best solution for privacy in crypto no matter the competition. concentrate your enthusiasm and efforts on XC not other coins.
+1
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:16:25 PM

- However in my opinion it would be wrong to conclude that Chaeplin is a fudder, since we do not have a "hard link" proving his intentions. There is evidence, sure, but let's not make Chaeplin's mistake of conflating possibility with certainty. We would act honourably by giving him the benefit of the doubt. And in acting honourably, we raise the ethic of this thread, which makes XC's community more attractive. Let's do XC proud.

^ +1000

I don't have enough tech knowledge to comment on the analysis but either way, this last paragraph is spot on. Let's take the high road people.
JesstersDead

Activity: 154

I forgot where I put my wallet.dat

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 02:21:13 PM

+1

Thanks for saying this.

Cryptsy.com - USD markets coming soon. Go validate your account now!
hoertest

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:27:27 PM

Hi everyone. I thought I'd make some sense of the work that Chaeplin has done on XC. (Summary: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=631052.msg7270701#msg7270701.)

First, this is what ATCSECURE provided:

• Sender address: ?
  • Wallet B: XYyMMG1VQHyRhAQWGdRQ9AEfdwSuG7w18G
  • Wallet C: XZvkTGD9hMiRuMByqCkHgRTNAu5J5fWnJV
  • Recipient address: XVrqrpe2ZDmykAnjcAHN6McbuDEjBZSvRZ
  • Payment process: "The mixer tells the [sender address] to send coins to wallet b, however wallet C is used to send coins to the [recipient address], there is NO link from wallet B to wallet C unless somebody manually moves the coins from C to B."
  • Aspect of payment being tested: the assertion that there is no link in the Blockchain from Wallet B to Wallet C. Testers are required to falsify this claim in order to receive a bounty.

This is what Chaeplin did:

1. He utilised a technique known as "Satoshi Spam," which is a matter of sending tiny amounts to addresses. One can use this to watch where the money flows in order to work out which addresses have common ownership.

2. Satoshi Spam is based on the pre-coinjoin principle that, given a transaction with multiple inputs and a single output, it follows that the inputs are owned by the same entity. For example, if 7 addresses were spammed with BTC 0.000001 and then all of these addresses were used to pay the resulting amount to another address, one can thereby conclude that the 7 addresses are owned by one person, and in all likelihood are in the same wallet.

3. However, coinjoin falsifies the assumption behind Satoshi Spam because coinjoin uses input addresses owned by several parties are to pay one or more recipient addresses. Thus if coinjoin is even partly implemented for a given coin, it becomes false to assume that one party owns the input addresses, since it's possible that there could be several owners.

4. Chaeplin implemented Satoshi Spam by sending small amounts to Wallet B and Wallet C.

5. His intention was to watch the blockchain to see where the amounts he sent to Wallets B and C would end up when the wallets spent the money.

6. His observation of the blockchain revealed the following information:
    - Wallets B and C sent payments somewhere, but the outputs are not given in the blockchain
    - Wallets B and C also paid transaction fees for the payments, but the addresses they're paid to are not given in the blockchain

7. With this information, Chaeplin constructs the following account:
    - Once Wallets B and C spend the money sent to them, the transaction is recorded in the blockchain, though the recipient address is not.
    - Nonetheless, he has a record that Wallets B and C spent the money.
    - On one occasion, Wallet B spends money, and at a similar time, Wallet C pays a transaction fee.
    - Therefore Wallets B and C are owned by the same entity.

8. However this is obviously false, because:
    - there's no record in the blockchain linking Wallet B's transaction with Wallet C's transaction fee.
    - there's no record in the blockchain that a single address received the money that Wallets B and C spent.

Therefore Chaeplin did not establish proof of a link between Wallets B and C.

Additional comments:

- This analysis is tentative. I might be incorrect about what Chaeplin did. He does not explain why he pastes code and blockchain records in his comments, so it's impossible to be certain about what is argument actually is. I've tried to reconstruct his thought process from what he posted.

- Chaeplin appears to have only a vague grasp of the strategy behind Satoshi Spam. Just as it is ineffective when coinjoin is implemented, it is ineffective when output addresses are not shown, as with XC.

- Chaeplin has clearly shown that a payment from Wallet B and another payment (probably a transaction fee) from Wallet C co-occurred.

- However Chaeplin conflates co-occurrence with a "hard link". Just because a payment from one address and a fee from another address appear in a blockchain at similar times, it does not entail that the two are associated in any way. Even if the blockchain was brand new and consisted of only these two payments, this implication would not be established. Co-occurrence is categorically distinct from a record that one address paid another.

great summary, given the fact that he backed out of the newest challange for the multipath beta i think his intentions are clear now. but that doesn'T metter after all, the whole process helped XC finally but since that wasn't his personal intention  (rather the opposite) there is no need for a thank you or any kind of forgiving gesture either.

the status quo is this: the only guy who could find the sender with a method that wasn 100% fair play anyway can no longer find it now with REV1.5 !!!

the test is still running so i don't celebrate before the final wistle
hoertest

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:29:57 PM

+1
[/quote]

You hold XC?
synechist
Legendary

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 02:33:25 PM

[snip]

great summary, given the fact that he backed out of the newest challange for the multipath beta i think his intentions are clear now. but that doesn'T metter after all, the whole process helped XC finally but since that wasn't his personal intention  (rather the opposite) there is no need for a thank you or any kind of forgiving gesture either.

the status quo is this: the only guy who could find the sender with a method that wasn 100% fair play anyway can no longer find it now with REV1.5 !!!

Chaeplin's stated reason for not testing the new release is that he believes ATCSECURE did not acknowledge the hard link Chaeplin provided.

I think that we are obliged to give Chaeplin the benefit of the doubt here regarding his beliefs, since we have no proof of the contrary. If I were in his position and genuinely believed that I'd been hard done by, I'd also be unwilling to continue.

It's just unfortunate that he's mistaken in his belief. That's all it comes down to, in my opinion.

As an aside, I think it's a good idea to be gracious to one's opponents. It makes one a good sport. We gain nothing by being victorious and mean.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
ethereal73

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:40:26 PM

+1

You hold XC?
[/quote]

Staat je naam "Hoertest" ook op je geboortekaartje eigenlijk Smiley

Doesnt matter what you say overhere, they won't see the damage they do to there own community.
There seems to be a moderator around here, but i guess he is on vacation, or has put thumbtacks in his eyes, and not his contact lenses.
tianfuzi

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:42:10 PM

Has lost popularity XC , XC -bye

hoertest

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:43:30 PM

[snip]

Chaeplin's stated reason for not testing the new release is that he believes ATCSECURE did not acknowledge the hard link Chaeplin provided.

I think that we are obliged to give Chaeplin the benefit of the doubt here regarding his beliefs, since we have no proof of the contrary. If I were in his position and genuinely believed that I'd been hard done by, I'd also be unwilling to continue.

It's just unfortunate that he's mistaken in his belief. That's all it comes down to, in my opinion.

As an aside, I think it's a good idea to be gracious to one's opponents. It makes one a good sport. We gain nothing by being victorious and mean.

come on , he allwys kept going without bountys or any acknowledgement and the moment his method doesn't work anymore he plays the emotionally hurt? whatever. i also think its not the moment to confront him but i can understand some people can'T hold back right now.
just be happy for the achievments of the whole XC team.

well done boys.
SushiChef

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:45:36 PM

Doesnt matter what you say overhere, they won't see the damage they do to there own community.
There seems to be a moderator around here, but i guess he is on vacation, or has put thumbtacks in his eyes, and not his contact lenses.

hij is een mof Cheesy
ethereal73

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:46:45 PM

+1

You hold XC?

hij is een mof Cheesy
[/quote]

Is dat gebied nou nog niet geannexeerd?
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:54:00 PM

So the plan originally was to keep this unmoderated but after endless requests and deep consideration this will be moderated. However, I will advise that if users are looking for a more relevant or technical or overall better discussion they should head over to our forum when its up.
Pages: « 1 ... 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 [386] 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: