Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:30:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Please vote for a duckNote ticker you like. Remember your vote may be decisive.
[duck]
[quak]
[quack]
[duk]
[duc]
[xdn]
[dknt]

Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XDN] duckNote [ANN]. Anonymous, CPU-efficient, Smart Economy  (Read 156832 times)
dNote (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 07:26:41 PM

I just downloaded the wallet (good job by the way)

It seems that I'm stuck at block #122 for about an hour, anyone have similar issues?
nope

This is what I'm seeing (I'm on a mac)

I've deleted the wallet and reinstalled it (losing private keys with coins on them in the process  Undecided)

What is your MAC version? Do you use latest 0.91 beta?
Always backup .wallet or .keys file.

Try
Code:
Connections->Disconnect; Connections->Connect to remote duckNoted

Also you can try "heavy" mode. Download your own duckNoted. launch it, wait for blockchain sync. Launch wallet and connect to local duckNoted via Connections menu.

DigitalNote XDN website http://digitalnote.org
XDN 1st blockchain deposits with interest & instant untraceable crypto messages GUI https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnotewallet/releases
Bitcointalk topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082745.new#new
dNote (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 07:28:29 PM

It seems that I'm stuck at block #122 for about an hour, anyone have similar issues?
nope

I've deleted the wallet and reinstalled it (losing private keys with coins on them in the process  Undecided)

when you delete the wallet never delete the .keys file.
just delete the .wallet or .bin and resync.

You should not delete .wallet. If so, backup it, to recover.

.wallet - contains private keys+transactions history
.keys - only private keys

XDN 1st blockchain deposits with interest & instant untraceable crypto messages GUI https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnotewallet/releases
thefunkybits
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:47:14 PM

nope

I've deleted the wallet and reinstalled it (losing private keys with coins on them in the process  Undecided)

Try
Code:

Also you can try "heavy" mode. Download your own duckNoted. launch it, wait for blockchain sync. Launch wallet and connect to local duckNoted via Connections menu.

Ok so I have disconnected and connected again to local duckNoted but it's been taking quite a while..

It sounds like there's a "lite" version and a "heavy" version.. would that be local connection and remote connection?

Edit: I'm on OSX 10.8.5
dNote (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 07:52:57 PM

nope

Try
Code:

Ok so I have disconnected and connected again to local duckNoted but it's been taking quite a while..

It sounds like there's a "lite" version and a "heavy" version.. would that be local connection and remote connection?

1. Connect to remote duckNoted - it is a default "light" version. In that case you have connection to remote duckNoted. No local blockchain storage.
2. Connect to local duckNoted - it is a "heavy" version. In that case you should have duckNoted launched with default configuration and synchronized with blockchain (blockchain stored on your local PC).  Than you can connect your duckNoteWallet to local duckNoted. 

That issue with 122 block stacking is reported by 2 MAC users, we are exploring problem.

pwstegman

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 08:34:22 PM

A while ago I released a ducknote exchange allowing 3 decimals past a satoshi.  The exchange has since been updated, and you can check its thread out here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=764158. Dashcoin has also been added to the exchange.
thefunkybits
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 09:30:24 PM

nope

Try
Code:

1. Connect to remote duckNoted - it is a default "light" version. In that case you have connection to remote duckNoted. No local blockchain storage.
2. Connect to local duckNoted - it is a "heavy" version. In that case you should have duckNoted launched with default configuration and synchronized with blockchain (blockchain stored on your local PC).  Than you can connect your duckNoteWallet to local duckNoted. 

That issue with 122 block stacking is reported by 2 MAC users, we are exploring problem.

Ok, so I should be able to use the wallet on remote settings without downloading blockchain?

thanks for your help!
Winner
Legendary

Activity: 1190

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 10:59:42 PM

how's things Dev?

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:03:55 PM

Why duckNote is better than XMR ?

PS: I am CryptoNote based noob.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
akula999

Activity: 509
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:29:21 PM

Some great news!
At a BBQ earlier today, I gave away 50K XDN!!
5 people, 10K each - I had them bring their laptops.
They downloaded their wallets (i helped them set it up), I transferred the XDNs to them and I even had them setup an account on Poloniex.com!!

Now let's see how it goes.

I'm still looking for donations, I'm down to 130K XDN and plan to giveaway another 30K.

I'll be having another BBQ party at my house next week. I'm hoping for another 3 to 5 people to get some XDN.

Send All XDN Donations to this address: ddcvzeRaSs3VyKgi2UWysgQinKDL6EJFcUzQ6HTB87BR4ySA1gFNt2qZimxF1ACXcLcyCamfp7upFXs inPSDdnpW1QmpHQbmf

If it's easier to send increments of BTC, send to this address: 1LwjLEai8kVhsfBaBLnYaQuhkSLVj8xap9

Thanks All, I'll be buying some more XDN on the 15th of Sept when I get paid!

Bitcoin: 1FzZehkiwfeeUmfmBrym8VvXX7gUj3miHe
XMR: 4AqrzGPfEKeZrVXyPDNXUrNeKZZGNYiXMDoY49PvdffKNTRg6xp2Qz74SZ72gT5F9HH8Vaic99ndRg6 UBGcVijaNStQjwwf
thefunkybits
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:31:56 PM

Why duckNote is better than XMR ?

PS: I am CryptoNote based noob.

I dont think duckNote is necessarily better than Monero, but they both compliment each other very well.

I hold both, although I think Monero has a better chance for real-world use (but XDN could do well as a tipping platform similar to DOGE)

FYI: my duckNote wallet still isn't downloading the chain on remote or on local mode.  
dclone

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:16:11 AM

Has anyone else had an issue with a wallet where the password you are "sure" is correct doesn't work? I had an old wallet from early on, which I lost access to when i exited and ran it again. This obviously looks like a forgotten password, but I was certain I knew what it was.

I have started trying to brute-force it, but thought I would ask around anyway. At this pace, with 30 of my mining machines running a process, it will take about 1.5 months to try all of the a-z0-9 options up to 6 characters. I don't even know if that will cover it, so if anyone knows of a GPU-based brute-forcer please PM me. Or a way to run it not through simplewallet like the bitcoin brute-force options of extracting the hash and trying to generate a match. With the rise of XDN value it's worth my spending some time to work it out. Also, I am just stubborn like that.
nade70

Activity: 186

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 06:24:24 AM

Has anyone else had an issue with a wallet where the password you are "sure" is correct doesn't work? I had an old wallet from early on, which I lost access to when i exited and ran it again. This obviously looks like a forgotten password, but I was certain I knew what it was.

I have started trying to brute-force it, but thought I would ask around anyway. At this pace, with 30 of my mining machines running a process, it will take about 1.5 months to try all of the a-z0-9 options up to 6 characters. I don't even know if that will cover it, so if anyone knows of a GPU-based brute-forcer please PM me. Or a way to run it not through simplewallet like the bitcoin brute-force options of extracting the hash and trying to generate a match. With the rise of XDN value it's worth my spending some time to work it out. Also, I am just stubborn like that.

I have the same problem. Would love to know the fix Smiley
kkraus69

Activity: 177

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:09:36 AM

Make sure you are using the right version, 32 or 64 bit.
kkraus69

Activity: 177

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:15:15 AM

Also, I have received my missing duckNote from the Poloniex exchange that I reported earlier. Thank you to the Poloniex staff for their support.

Grin
damashup

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 09:51:59 AM

Hello all,

I'm interested in the creation of a Price Alert app for iPhone/ mobile devices.

The app will primarily service the Cryptonote community, with the aim of making it easier to monitor price movements of these coins without having to be glued to the computer 24/7!

If you're interested in joining the conversation the thread is here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=766212.0

I'm by no means technical, so would value any input the community can give to this topic.

Thanks a million!
dNote (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 10:00:24 AM

Make sure you use the same -bit version as you used initially, when wallet was created.

E.G.
If you used -32 bit version - use it again now
If you used -64 bit version - use it again now

grotstep

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:15:40 PM

tell me what to do, the transaction no longer monitored.
69e258d18a3f544622e972a5bf5921a1ec60d5f6479d7a350e40345cb17f9331
f935ae588d16dfb671f58264b67c006475d8fb152592750498d340e67b989071
on the coin purse did not come back to the stock exchange and have not returned
http://s017.radikal.ru/i440/1408/be/c260e717de47.png
I can not insert a picture

If the hash is not found in the blockchain then i believe your transaction was rejected by blockchain and returned to Poloniex wallet.
Write a ticket to support of Poloniex. They know that there where a problems with xdn withdrawals. Give them all details about transaction: date, time, tx hash, amount so they know that this tx is yours and it should be credited to your account.
ok thanks, I will make sure that everything is in order. write a ticket.
but it is not very good, I am willing to pay myself Commissions 0.1 for the withdrawal from the exchanges, during which time tsenv changed yanemnogo lost.

Dear developers XDN , tell me how long is the return of coins back to the stock exchange in case of failure to take the transaction blokcheynom because too small for their costs?
all came to my purse
dclone

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 04:04:01 PM

Make sure you use the same -bit version as you used initially, when wallet was created.

E.G.
If you used -32 bit version - use it again now
If you used -64 bit version - use it again now

Thanks. It is the same version. I literally exited, re-ran, and it would not take the password. I don't remember running it more than once (just the initial run), so I can't rule out massive fat-finger, but I have tried every letter/number substitution within reason, and no luck yet. The frustrating thing is I am sure I could do this hundreds of times faster with GPUs, but don't have the skills to code something to do it. Or even if I could do it on CPU, but without just running the simplewallet app endlessly and watching for the exit code.

At the very least, take this as a pro-tip. Once you set the password, exit and re-run to confirm before you start mining into that wallet.
Jayjay04
Legendary

Activity: 1364

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 07:15:08 PM

30 satoshis ! Keep buying !

▄▄▄
                   █████
             ▄▄▄    ▀▀▀       ▄▄████╕
            █████          ▄▄███████▌
     ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀        ╓████████▀▀
    █████               ██████▀▀       ▄███▄
     ▀▀▀        ▄███▄    ▀▀▀           ▀███▀
                ▀███▀        ▄▄████╕
       ▁▄▄███▄           ▄▄████████▌
   ▁▄▆████████       ▄▄█████████▀▀       ▄███▄
 ▄█████████▀▔    ▄▄█████████▀▀           ▀███▀
▐██████▀▀▔   ,▄█████████▀▀        ▄▄▄
 ▔▀▀▀▔    ▄▄████████▀▀           █████
      ▄▄████████▀▀       ▄▄██▄    ▀▀▀
   ▄█████████▀       ▄▄███████▌       ▄▄▄
  ▐██████▀▀      ▄▄█████████▀▔       █████
   `▀▀▀      ▂▄█████████▀▀    ,▄▄µ    ▀▀▀
          ▂▆████████▀▀    ,▄██████▌
          ██████▀▀     ▄█████████▀
           ▔▀▀        ███████▀"
                      "▀▀▀╙
Hello!
STAKER
.The Next Proof-of-Stake.
KSmart Contract Tokene.

Karn

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation."

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:40:16 PM

Sorry if this has been explained before. If I want to use the GUI wallet can I import my command line wallet to it or do I have to send the coins to the GUI wallet?

“But it's a poor fellow who can't take his pleasure without asking other people's permission.” ― Hermann Hesse, Steppenwolf
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: