Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:17:13 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This forum is full of future millionaires  (Read 14564 times)
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 08:03:03 AM

yea I'm even more confused with the last page of posts and that is why I will probably be keeping all my coins in/at Coinbase.

if you're going to do that, just make sure to use all the security features coinbase has available to you.

also you may want to enable 2 factor authentication on the email address linked to your coinbase account, i recently saw someone on reddit complaining about a hacker getting into their coinbase account after having their email compromised. and of course make sure to use a unique strong password...never use it anywhere else.

Personally, I'd never use 2FA unless I can use it with my phone.

Just make sure that your phone does not become the single point of failure for all your life's affairs. Every time I travel to a different country where I have to use a different SIM card or phone I end up not being able to access half of my accounts.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 09:05:07 AM

yea I'm even more confused with the last page of posts and that is why I will probably be keeping all my coins in/at Coinbase.

if you're going to do that, just make sure to use all the security features coinbase has available to you.

also you may want to enable 2 factor authentication on the email address linked to your coinbase account, i recently saw someone on reddit complaining about a hacker getting into their coinbase account after having their email compromised. and of course make sure to use a unique strong password...never use it anywhere else.

Personally, I'd never use 2FA unless I can use it with my phone.

Just make sure that your phone does not become the single point of failure for all your life's affairs. Every time I travel to a different country where I have to use a different SIM card or phone I end up not being able to access half of my accounts.
I just ordered a yubikey. Seems like the perfect solution, sturdy and works all over the world.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 12:55:11 PM

I would go out on a limb and say that at least 80-90% of the people here that have 15k or more invested in BTCs.  

If the polls taken here are to be believed (and they could be as they were anonymous voting), 80-90% of people here own less than 10 BTC.

Very, very few own more.

But that doesn't have to matter much, if 1 BTC hits $100,000.

-B-

From what I've gleaned from numerous polls on here and plenty of comments the large majority has less, often way less, than one coin. And a surprising number of well-established posters have stated that they have tiny amounts.

I was listening to an interview on the radio today. The operator of Bittylicious, one of the best BTC and alt buying services in the UK, has 20 coins to his name. Perhaps interest and commitment doesn't relate to investment as often as we think.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 12:59:37 PM

Sounds crazy to me. I have a bit over 10 and think it's too little. Really want 20, and ideally 30. If for no other reason than the SSS plan will have reduced my coin count to a third by the time we hit a million, and half even at 100k.

WoopDeBoop

Activity: 271
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:04:19 PM

I have 22.5

I am aiming for 100 by 2015

Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:09:14 PM

I have 22.5

The first rule of bitcoin hodling is we do not speak of the bitcoins we hodl.

Why?
Let's say you have 22.5 BTC and BTC becomes 100k or more. You will possibly become a target for hackers or gangsters, people kill for less...

Just some stupid advice ....

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
WoopDeBoop

Activity: 271
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:19:25 PM

I have 22.5

Why?
Let's say you have 22.5 BTC and BTC becomes 100k or more. You will possibly become a target for hackers or gangsters, people kill for less...

My mistake.

gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:23:22 PM

Every publicly exposed bitcoin thief seems to be walking around completely unharmed and they often have tens of thousands of coins or more and a very compelling reason to be slaughtered.

You may not want those who are around you to know though just for the sake of a quiet life.

Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:27:43 PM

Every publicly exposed bitcoin thief seems to be walking around completely unharmed and they often have tens of thousands of coins or more and a very compelling reason to be slaughtered.

You may not want those who are around you to know though just for the sake of a quiet life.

True I was expecting Mark Karpeless to be the first person to be killed by a Russian drug lord that had BTC in MtGOX...

Anyway, even though it's fun to say you have a lot of bitcoin, you wouldnt want your life to end before you get to spend it.

P.S. I do think Mark should pay for his incompetence but I do not believe he should be killed for it. I luckily had $0 in MtGOX.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:42:05 PM

I have 22.5

Why?

Sure. That's why we care about digital security. And with that kind of money I can hire guards so whatever. More importantly, we do not live in a James Bond movie. I am hereby officially betting my life that I won't need to worry more about my safety when I have millions than I do now. The far, exponentially bigger worry is the state, especially the taxman.

Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 01:43:32 PM

I have 22.5

Why?

Sure. That's why we care about digital security. And with that kind of money I can hire guards so whatever. More importantly, we do not live in a James Bond movie.

Yeah Cheesy
There were people here who were talking about drilling bank deposit boxes.
RandomPedestrianN9

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 01:44:07 PM

I have 22.5

Why?

Sure. That's why we care about digital security. And with that kind of money I can hire guards so whatever. More importantly, we do not live in a James Bond movie.

We live in a world where anybody can hire american mercenaries to do almost anything. Why not blow up your car when u start the engine? C4, poof
Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 01:47:00 PM

I have 22.5

Why?

We live in a world where anybody can hire american mercenaries to do almost anything. Why not blow up your car when u start the engine? C4, poof

'Murica!

Just move to Europe then. We're still okay here Wink
pinksheep

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 02:23:32 PM

I have yet to tell a single person I know personally about BTC or that I have some. The only people I talk to about it are you lucky people on here  Grin I know I'm not exactly spreading the word but I prefer to keep quiet about it, just in case it becomes worth a lot some day.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
MICRO
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1037

CEO @ Stake.com and Primedice.com

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2014, 02:26:48 PM

I have yet to tell a single person I know personally about BTC or that I have some. The only people I talk to about it are you lucky people on here  Grin I know I'm not exactly spreading the word but I prefer to keep quiet about it, just in case it becomes worth a lot some day.
I have yet to tell a single person I know personally about BTC or that I have some. The only people I talk to about it are you lucky people on here  Grin I know I'm not exactly spreading the word but I prefer to keep quiet about it, just in case it becomes worth a lot some day.

That is rly smart of u. One day when u become milionere nobody will bother u. Smiley . Im not that smart. I got many of my friends into btc. Smiley

▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████▄
 ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀████     ████                  ████
▄████▀            ████    ████▌                 ▐████
█████           ▄████▀   ▐████                  ████▌    ▄▄
█████           ▀▀▀▀    ▄█████████▀            ▐████   ▄███▀
 █████▄           ▄▄███████████▀▀   ▄▄▄▄       ████  ▄███▀
   ▀█████▄▄       ▀████▀████▀     ▄████▀███   ▐███████▀▀        ▄▄▄▄
      ▀███████▄        ▐████    ▄████  ▐██▌   ███████        ▄███▀ ██▌
         ▀▀██████▄▄    ████    ▄███▀   ███   ▐███▌███      ▄███▀  ▄██▌
    ▄▄▄▄     ▀▀█████  ▐████    ████   ▄███   ████ ▐███    ▐████▄▄███▀
  █████▀▀      ▀████▌ ▐████▄▄██████▄▄█████▄▄█████  ▀███   ████
 ████▀          ████▌  ▀████▀▀  ▀████▀  ▀██▀ ███▀   ▀███  ▀████▄▄▄▄██
████▌          █████        ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄ ▄▄ ▄ ▄▄ ▀███   ▀▀████▀▀
████▄       ▄▄████▀       ▄█▀   ▀ ▄█▀  ▀█▄ ██▀▀██▀▀██▀███▄▄      ▄▄██
 ██████████████▀▀  ▄███▄  ██▄     ██▄  ▄██ ██  ██  ██   ▀▀█████████▀▀
   ▀██████▀▀▀      ▀███▀   ▀████▀  ▀████▀  ██  ██  ██

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● RAKEBACK & VIP RANKS
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 02:28:33 PM

I told plenty of folks and bought them some too. If they do all gather around me and hack me into little chunks that's going to reflect rather poorly on them.
bitcoin4eva

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 02:30:20 PM

I have yet to tell a single person I know personally about BTC or that I have some. The only people I talk to about it are you lucky people on here  Grin I know I'm not exactly spreading the word but I prefer to keep quiet about it, just in case it becomes worth a lot some day.

This sounds a lot like me! When I started with BTC I told a few people and they told me I'm an idiot. Nowadays I own 1k$ worth of BTC (A lot if you ask me!) and haven't told anyone, just laughing the shit out of me for them!
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 5069

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 02:33:34 PM

I would go out on a limb and say that at least 80-90% of the people here that have 15k or more invested in BTCs.  

If the polls taken here are to be believed (and they could be as they were anonymous voting), 80-90% of people here own less than 10 BTC.

Very, very few own more.

But that doesn't have to matter much, if 1 BTC hits $100,000.

-B-

From what I've gleaned from numerous polls on here and plenty of comments the large majority has less, often way less, than one coin. And a surprising number of well-established posters have stated that they have tiny amounts.

I was listening to an interview on the radio today. The operator of Bittylicious, one of the best BTC and alt buying services in the UK, has 20 coins to his name. Perhaps interest and commitment doesn't relate to investment as often as we think.
Very true.  Although I think it's pretty ironic that the majority are so sure and convinced that the bitcoin price will hit $50K, $100K or even $1M one day given enough time, but on the flip side are still too scared to invest any more of their money right NOW for fear of it going to $0.  Lol.  

I guess people just want to keep saying "shoulda, woulda, coulda" for the next 3-5 years because it makes them feel safe.
pinksheep

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 02:42:27 PM

Well the only 'shoulda' I'll be saying is 'I shouldn't have bought so many' if it all goes wrong, but I'd rather lose a few thousands than know I'd missed out on the chance of hundreds of thousands or even millions. The downside is definitely limited but the upside sure isn't Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 02:45:23 PM

Well the only 'shoulda' I'll be saying is 'I shouldn't have bought so many' if it all goes wrong, but I'd rather lose a few thousands than know I'd missed out on the chance of hundreds of thousands or even millions. The downside is definitely limited but the upside sure isn't Smiley
Yep. Normally I would just have blown my money on a few months in Thailand or something. If it all goes to bust that's what I end up losing. If not, it could make me enough money to last a lifetime. Easy choice.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: