Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:57:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DCM] Digital Commerce 1.35 Mil coins 100% POS/Soon Anon/Accounting wallet.  (Read 82554 times)
merk475

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:50:34 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 09:17:31 PM by merk475

I too have given up on chasing pumps.  The only way it can be the slightest bit successful, is if you're watching the market full-time.  It has to be a full time job.  For those of us that have full time jobs outside of crypto, this is near impossible.  I've decided on a few coins to hold for long term without worrying too much about it.

DCM was my higher risk decision.  Yes I'm down (and part of that the loss is pretty substantial), but I will continue to hold.  Not because I like getting beaten up, but because I believe in DCM and the dev team.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:09:23 PM

I too have given up on chacing pumps.  The only way it can be the slightest bit successful, is if you're watching the market full-time.  It has to be a full time job.  For those of us that have full time jobs outside of crypto, this is near impossible.  I've decided on a few coins to hold for long term without worrying too much about it.

DCM was my higher risk decision.  Yes I'm down (and part of that the loss is pretty substantial), but I will continue to hold.  Not because I like getting beaten up, but because I believe in DCM and the dev team.  

I've wondered how people even successfully chase pumps to begin with. Watching the polo trollbox is basically watching people jump from coin to coin, at the slightest bit of volume movement or whatever is 'in' at that very moment. But getting in on a pump after it already started is extremely risky... you have to know when to jump out, or you'll tumble down. Just wondering how people even do that correctly on a consistent basis. I think I'd find it way too stressful and time consuming.

Now, picking a coin before it pumps is another matter, and requires patience. Not that I am necessarily any good at choosing the correct coins pre-pump, but that makes more sense to me than jumping from coin to coin based on the latest fad or in the middle of a pump.
Wallenstein

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:39:18 PM

I too have given up on chacing pumps.  The only way it can be the slightest bit successful, is if you're watching the market full-time.  It has to be a full time job.  For those of us that have full time jobs outside of crypto, this is near impossible.  I've decided on a few coins to hold for long term without worrying too much about it.

I've wondered how people even successfully chase pumps to begin with. Watching the polo trollbox is basically watching people jump from coin to coin, at the slightest bit of volume movement or whatever is 'in' at that very moment. But getting in on a pump after it already started is extremely risky... you have to know when to jump out, or you'll tumble down. Just wondering how people even do that correctly on a consistent basis. I think I'd find it way too stressful and time consuming.

Now, picking a coin before it pumps is another matter, and requires patience. Not that I am necessarily any good at choosing the correct coins pre-pump, but that makes more sense to me than jumping from coin to coin based on the latest fad or in the middle of a pump.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. Truth be told, I'm a pretty bad trader. But I'm a good PM and software developer and have lots of real-life experience with eCommerce. Therefore my bet that it's possible to add substantial value to a coin long term by sticking to a real-world usage game plan.
poornamelessme

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:08:19 AM

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. Truth be told, I'm a pretty bad trader. But I'm a good PM and software developer and have lots of real-life experience with eCommerce. Therefore my bet that it's possible to add substantial value to a coin long term by sticking to a real-world usage game plan.

Yeah, although in profit overall (basically no way I couldn't be, as I started with like nothing in crypto), my trading has been rather poor overall. I think my biggest problem with trading so far is knowing when to sell, and I won't even say not be too greedy, but just realize that other people will take short term gains over long term, most of the time.

My mistake has been thinking people will use sound judgement, and that if a coin is considered good one day, a random troll posting FUD the next day really shouldn't change anything. But it does. I think I basically have underestimated the power of stupid people.
merk475

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:10:14 AM

http://dcm.blockexplorer.cc/richlist/

Why the 1st one holding so much coins? 10 times to 2nd?
Thats Bittrexs address.

Im stuck on block 15009 as well.

After deleting everything but my wallet file and redownloading the blockchain twice, i finally synced up correctly.

I have had to resort to this method.  I tried the step by step provided by mindfox, but it's still getting hung up (even after downloading the blocks it shows out of sync).  So I deleted everything except my wallet.dat file, and I'm in the process of downloading the blocks (currently have ~10500).  I'll check my progress in the morning and hopefully I will be up and running.  Don't understand why I'm having such an issue.
Rnbin

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:56:57 AM

Ofcourse, the average volume has been under 2 btc for the past 2 days, there wasn't even the slightest dump. I am not worried about his actions, supposing he has the brains to (eventually) see he's not getting any revenge doing the things he's talking about. The only thing i worry about, is the involvement of the team on the market. They made an enormous amount of money on 1 day, they could easily help the volume & price set to above IPO price. But i'm not critisizing, just hope to see some more action (like in other crypto's). I suppose most work done right now is behind the scene !

I totally understand what you're saying, but if the dev team steps in to artificially boost the price, how does that help the distribution of the coin in general?
Well if they maintain some buying and selling themselves to get the volume and price up, how would it not help the fact that the coin has a nearly dead volume for the past days ? Looking at the graphs this coin is nearly DEAD, how are they planning to attract new investors this way ? They have lots of money yet give the excuse "Please also realize that we lost 22BTC with Bob's departure, so while we have funding it's not at the level we originally planned and we need to be smart about the way we use our money." RI-DI-CU-LOUS ! Yeah, that leaves them only with... 113 BTC, or $70,000 ...! This is the most money i've seen a team make before coin launch, yet this kind of greed is unseen for me. NO SINGLE BIT being spend to the community. The community that made THEM rich in no time. And the same one that LOST their investment in order to get them rich. There is just no excuse, for letting this coin's volume die together with its price. They should already be interfering and make this coin alive from the start. Right now, the IPO was just plain obsolete (or a rip off, you may say) and instead of taking action to prevent its death, they simply claim to partially compensate those who made big losses and were long term holders. Smart thinking, it wouldn't even shock me if they exploit the fud of bobsurplus to give an excuse to the cause of their dead coin, thus not having to feel responsible for it. Making themselves hero's by compensating a few holders with a few coins, showing their 'generousity'...

As of how the team's working right now, this is just not correct to me. How can we tell sufficient money's been spend and will be spend to important things, where's the proof ? The funds you put into your project should be PROPORTIONAL to the money you got from the IPO. Otherwise this is just a plain, silent scam. Put the greed aside, you have the funds to make this coin grow, and benefit together with the investors who made this all happen.
poornamelessme

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:26:09 AM

As of how the team's working right now, this is just not correct to me. How can we tell sufficient money's been spend and will be spend to important things, where's the proof ? The funds you put into your project should be PROPORTIONAL to the money you got from the IPO. Otherwise this is just a plain, silent scam. Put the greed aside, you have the funds to make this coin grow, and benefit together with the investors who made this all happen.

I'm not so keen on devs artificially inflating volume by just trading coin back and forth to themselves. What should they do, do that forever?

They could however increase multipool buys, maybe? And they should mine a lot themselves or rent machines with some of their ipo money and use that for mining. Doing it that way they are supporting the price, but not directly through fake volume or making a giant buy wall that could get ripped down.

As for proof of their vendor software and what they have planned for the money, I agree more clarity is needed there. They should outline exactly how they plan to spend the ipo money to support the coin, how much per project and a rough timetable. I'd also like to see how they plan for the marketplace to work, especially if coin volume is low. I offered an idea earlier on how Noblecoin handles it, but the devs here didn't mention their plan.
merk475

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:28:08 AM

Thats Bittrexs address.

After deleting everything but my wallet file and redownloading the blockchain twice, i finally synced up correctly.

I have had to resort to this method.  I tried the step by step provided by mindfox, but it's still getting hung up (even after downloading the blocks it shows out of sync).  So I deleted everything except my wallet.dat file, and I'm in the process of downloading the blocks (currently have ~10500).  I'll check my progress in the morning and hopefully I will be up and running.  Don't understand why I'm having such an issue.

Now I'm stuck on block 16398.  But at least I got past 15009.  Deleting everything and gonna download the blockchain....AGAIN.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:14:06 PM

Ofcourse, the average volume has been under 2 btc for the past 2 days, there wasn't even the slightest dump. I am not worried about his actions, supposing he has the brains to (eventually) see he's not getting any revenge doing the things he's talking about. The only thing i worry about, is the involvement of the team on the market. They made an enormous amount of money on 1 day, they could easily help the volume & price set to above IPO price. But i'm not critisizing, just hope to see some more action (like in other crypto's). I suppose most work done right now is behind the scene !

I totally understand what you're saying, but if the dev team steps in to artificially boost the price, how does that help the distribution of the coin in general?
Well if they maintain some buying and selling themselves to get the volume and price up, how would it not help the fact that the coin has a nearly dead volume for the past days ? Looking at the graphs this coin is nearly DEAD, how are they planning to attract new investors this way ? They have lots of money yet give the excuse "Please also realize that we lost 22BTC with Bob's departure, so while we have funding it's not at the level we originally planned and we need to be smart about the way we use our money." RI-DI-CU-LOUS ! Yeah, that leaves them only with... 113 BTC, or $70,000 ...! This is the most money i've seen a team make before coin launch, yet this kind of greed is unseen for me. NO SINGLE BIT being spend to the community. The community that made THEM rich in no time. And the same one that LOST their investment in order to get them rich. There is just no excuse, for letting this coin's volume die together with its price. They should already be interfering and make this coin alive from the start. Right now, the IPO was just plain obsolete (or a rip off, you may say) and instead of taking action to prevent its death, they simply claim to partially compensate those who made big losses and were long term holders. Smart thinking, it wouldn't even shock me if they exploit the fud of bobsurplus to give an excuse to the cause of their dead coin, thus not having to feel responsible for it. Making themselves hero's by compensating a few holders with a few coins, showing their 'generousity'...

Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:19:58 PM

LAST-0.00006376 BTC
BID-0.00005102 BTC
ASK-0.00006376 BTC
TIME-06/17/2014 08:15:58 AM
24HR HIGH-0.00006379 BTC
24HR LOW-0.00005000 BTC
BTC VOL-0.62635700 BTC
DCM VOL-10757.68605776 DCM
mindfox

Activity: 280

Donate to put a smile on my face :)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 12:35:41 PM

LAST-0.00006376 BTC
BID-0.00005102 BTC
ASK-0.00006376 BTC
24HR HIGH-0.00006379 BTC
24HR LOW-0.00005000 BTC
BTC VOL-0.62635700 BTC
Although it is none of my business, I can't hold myself and not interfere.
I don't know why you left and I'm sure you have your reasons for it. Whether they were excused or not, I do not have the right to judge.
What I can ask is this though:
Whatever the reason you left was, what made you think that those 20+ BTCs were yours? I thought they were from the project? If you took them with you, what distinguishes you from a common thief?
Unless they *are* yours, as a reward for your hard work and efforts you already did for the project.
If that's the case, can you please give a detailed description of the efforts you made that worth 20+ BTCs???

So, until I see a reply to this, I believe you will agree with me that it's very funny to try and post anything negative about anyone for whatever reason...

Waiting for your long, detailed, descriptive response.
mindfox

Activity: 280

Donate to put a smile on my face :)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 12:39:19 PM

Thats Bittrexs address.

Now I'm stuck on block 16398.  But at least I got past 15009.  Deleting everything and gonna download the blockchain....AGAIN.
When you say stuck, what do you mean?
Sometimes it takes a bit longer to distinguish between valid and invalid (orphaned) blocks and it's normal to have some delay.
Can you please describe what "stuck" means for you?

Thank you Smiley
merk475

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:52:40 PM

Thats Bittrexs address.

When you say stuck, what do you mean?
Sometimes it takes a bit longer to distinguish between valid and invalid (orphaned) blocks and it's normal to have some delay.
Can you please describe what "stuck" means for you?

Thank you Smiley

Using your method it looked like everything worked.  However my wallet was still showing the incorrect balance and it was showing "out of sync", even though it was telling me that all the blocks were downloaded. With the other method, it showed xx,xxx of xx,xxxx blocks downloaded (97+%), but would not move beyond 406 blocks remaining. 
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 02:43:19 PM

LAST-0.00006376 BTC
BID-0.00005102 BTC
ASK-0.00006376 BTC
24HR HIGH-0.00006379 BTC
24HR LOW-0.00005000 BTC
BTC VOL-0.62635700 BTC
Although it is none of my business, I can't hold myself and not interfere.
I don't know why you left and I'm sure you have your reasons for it. Whether they were excused or not, I do not have the right to judge.
What I can ask is this though:
Whatever the reason you left was, what made you think that those 20+ BTCs were yours? I thought they were from the project? If you took them with you, what distinguishes you from a common thief?
Unless they *are* yours, as a reward for your hard work and efforts you already did for the project.
If that's the case, can you please give a detailed description of the efforts you made that worth 20+ BTCs???

So, until I see a reply to this, I believe you will agree with me that it's very funny to try and post anything negative about anyone for whatever reason...

Waiting for your long, detailed, descriptive response.

Sure I can detail what I used the money for.

I have planned many trips on which I will promote DCM and explain to people how its a dying coin but with their investment maybe things could turn around!

I will be traveling to Amsterdam, London, France, Italy and Israel in the coming months. I'd show you my tickets but I value my privacy a bit too much.

I would also like to add that I personally purchased the 22.2 btc from myself for cash in order to be able to pay for the flights hotel's and luxury car rental. Gotta look like a million bucks to raise a million bucks!
Digithusiast

Activity: 886
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:26:37 PM

It seems 3 others and me are the only ones mining at the DCM multipool...? 2 scrypt miners en 2 x11 miners.
A lot more are needed...

http://dcm.multipoolmining.com/

Multipool news

Please note the DCM Multipool (http://dcm.multipoolmining.com) has been moved to a new server which can hold much more blockchains, which will improve payouts over time.

This could not happen without getting a new IP. Your miner should auto-connect to new server within a few minutes.
If you miner seems disconnected, refresh your DNS or point manually to 62.210.139.65 instead of stratum.multipoolmining.com

The stratum on the old server has been disabled, no shares are lost or 'empty' shares could be made. If your miner is working you are connected to the correct server!

Thanks again for your hash and enjoy your mining!

Team multipoolmining.com

PS, you will no longer see the Cloudflare DDOS protected nag window. We have even beter DDOS protection now!
xamido

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:30:24 PM

Basically what bob is saying is 'you guys are idiots. I steal 22 btc and i'm going to waste them travelling around the world for holiday, sleeping in expensive hotel and rent luxury cars for moving around in the town'.

Roll Eyes
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:34:03 PM

Basically what bob is saying is 'you guys are idiots. I steal 22 btc and i'm going to waste them travelling around the world for holiday, sleeping in expensive hotel and rent luxury cars for moving around in the town'.

Roll Eyes

First, I'm not wasting and btc, I bought the btc from myself for market value and used the cash to book the business trips. I actually believe in bitcoin so I don't sell mine!
egghead123
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:48:20 PM

Roll Eyes

First, I'm not wasting and btc, I bought the btc from myself for market value and used the cash to book the business trips. I actually believe in bitcoin so I don't sell mine!

Whatever about what is the issue here on this thread I will have to say it was a very kind act what you did for that person's sick dog so you certainly are not a bad person.Maybe everybody should hug it out and after a warm and fuzzy talk cooperate to make the coin work.
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:09:52 PM

Bob. You stole about 15k. you're a criminal. Who knows some day the law enforcement will find ya. The Internet never forgets. Everyone is traceable. You're a criminal and will be for the rest of your life. Hope that's worth 15k to you.

Enjoy the holiday.
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:17:59 PM

And to the devs. If you got so much faith in ur coin and skills. Transform some of the IPO funds to DCM. I don't see why all IPO funds have to be in btc.
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: