Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:06:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DCM] Digital Commerce 1.35 Mil coins 100% POS/Soon Anon/Accounting wallet.  (Read 82554 times)
Kreativekrypto

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:43:57 PM

Thank you everyone for your input, it is highly appreciated and you all just washed away my concerns with extremely valid points. We are discussing this internally further and will announce the decision today. If we move forward on the early multipool launch it will mean the wallet/source released tonight as well. HOWEVER, keep in mind the wallet will be simply used to generate your wallet address to mine at the multipool, withdraws at Bittrex still won't be possible until the IPO ends, then we can all start staking our coins.

Also, if anyone likes feel free to join our IRC, we will all be around (though some of our team is sleeping) around the clock to chat http://www.dc-altcoin.com/index.php?module=Clip&type=user&func=display&tid=5&pid=1
merk475

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:53:45 PM

I must say, after reviewing the information about the coin and the development team, I feel very comfortable investing in DCM.

First of all the ANN is very professional looking and is honestly one of the best I have seen out there.  

Having total transparency of the dev team is another very important aspect of this coin which I like.  You just don't see that nowadays.  Everyone wants to stay anonymous. Reading the last few pages, I see a lot of people wanting to pin the failure of XBC on some of the devs here that were involved with it.  Remember...they only stepped on to try and save a developer-less coin, but most of the damage was done by then.  Not their fault.

After the failure of the last few IPO's I swore that I'd never do one again.  But this coin has a different feel to it.  A large dev team is a plus.  The fact that all the funds from the IPO will be used only for the advancement of DCM is a HUGE plus.  Marketing towards merchant adoption is very important for a coin to succeed and these guys realize it and are working on it as a main goal.  This almost seems like a no-brainer.

And I'm not gonna lie......the name of this coin is pretty snazzy.

You have gained me as an investor and I wish this coin well, and all that are involved prosperity....and not in the P&D way.  I see potential in holding this coin long-term.

merk475

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:55:41 PM

Oh...and I actually have a question for you guys.  Is an android wallet in the works for DCM?  I know that it's been difficult to develop one for POS coins, but just wondering if you guys are any closer?  Thanks.
Kreativekrypto

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:14:24 PM

Oh...and I actually have a question for you guys.  Is an android wallet in the works for DCM?  I know that it's been difficult to develop one for POS coins, but just wondering if you guys are any closer?  Thanks.

Thank you for your kind words, we will meet and exceed what you have seen currently. I actually posed your exact question to our coding devs as well regarding the android wallet, they didn't object to the idea it's just never been accomplished in crypto yet. I am bringing this up again with the team today so this is a good reminder for a future release.
ahumanbeingx

Activity: 221

"The only real valuable thing is intuition."

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:38:04 PM

Oh...and I actually have a question for you guys.  Is an android wallet in the works for DCM?  I know that it's been difficult to develop one for POS coins, but just wondering if you guys are any closer?  Thanks.

I've relayed your question to our coin developer (aszu) who has informed that it may be possible, but would require some time to achieve full PoS functionality. That being said, there may be a possible work-around to get an Android Wallet functioning without PoS features. I'll keep you updated if any news comes up for Android support.

Thanks!

Developing the future of crypto.
ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:38:12 PM

135 BTC

NewWorldCoiner

Activity: 490

Saved you from a scam? Send me some BTC!

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:48:37 PM

135 BTC

Your services are desperately needed in the UNV thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=618089.0

Please help them out!  Grin
merk475

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:49:04 PM

Oh...and I actually have a question for you guys.  Is an android wallet in the works for DCM?  I know that it's been difficult to develop one for POS coins, but just wondering if you guys are any closer?  Thanks.

Thank you for your kind words, we will meet and exceed what you have seen currently. I actually posed your exact question to our coding devs as well regarding the android wallet, they didn't object to the idea it's just never been accomplished in crypto yet. I am bringing this up again with the team today so this is a good reminder for a future release.

I've relayed your question to our coin developer (aszu) who has informed that it may be possible, but would require some time to achieve full PoS functionality. That being said, there may be a possible work-around to get an Android Wallet functioning without PoS features. I'll keep you updated if any news comes up for Android support.

Thanks!

Thank you both for your quick responses and for bringing this up to your wallet developer.  I do think that if DCM is to have a real world application with merchants that an android wallet to be able to pay on the spot is important.  It would be nice to be able to walk into a store and have the option to pay with a crypto (other than using Coinkite or some of the others out there), or to pay for an item you purchased off craigslist with a crypto-currency, paying on the spot.
Kreativekrypto

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:50:59 PM

135 BTC

I've been waiting for this gif!! Where were you haha!

In all seriousness though, you have nothing to fear from our team we are working hard to give investors and vendors a viable digital solution. Without the drawbacks of BTC, we can adapt our wallet and features much easier to fit the world's needs.
Kreativekrypto

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:52:56 PM

Thanks!

Thank you both for your quick responses and for bringing this up to your wallet developer.  I do think that if DCM is to have a real world application with merchants that an android wallet to be able to pay on the spot is important.  It would be nice to be able to walk into a store and have the option to pay with a crypto (other than Coinkite or some of the others out there), or to pay for an item you purchased off craigslist with a crypto-currency, paying on the spot.

We are discussing two options that could make this a real possibility, it will take a bit to give a final answer, but I couldn't agree more with you.

edit: We are still going to actively push for other companies services while providing our own still, like Coinkite, Moolah etc. Nothing wrong with everyone have more ways to transact in Digital Commerce Smiley
merk475

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 04:54:12 PM

We are discussing two options that could make this a real possibility, it will take a bit to give a final answer, but I couldn't agree more with you.

Awesome!  Thanks!
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:00:17 PM

lets say 1.35millions coins sold...that means 135btc they will get..divided by 6 dev members..135/6=22.5..wow..they get rich more faster than instamine..lol

If this was a single dev, I'd be more worried. But at 22.5 btc each, assuming the devs are professionals, or at least adults with regular jobs, it hardly makes them rich. They would be better off just working on the coin, as they stated, and taking profits from that.

I may have missed it, but will each ipo wallet have a viewable address, so people can see the funds?

I'm not especially bowled over by any coin specs, but if they do just some of what they say they will, the coin very well should be profitable. The fact they can buy their way onto bigger exchanges if needed + pay external coders for any work they may need, is a huge benefit. Of course that relies on a certain level of trust. It may be one of those coins worth putting some funds into, but not going too crazy about it.
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:01:31 PM

FINALLY a coin that knows what to invest in. To be sustainable you gotta aim at making your coin purposefull for using. Technology is just temporary....
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:03:02 PM

lets say 1.35millions coins sold...that means 135btc they will get..divided by 6 dev members..135/6=22.5..wow..they get rich more faster than instamine..lol

More faster?...
Kreativekrypto

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:21:42 PM

If this was a single dev, I'd be more worried. But at 22.5 btc each, assuming the devs are professionals, or at least adults with regular jobs, it hardly makes them rich. They would be better off just working on the coin, as they stated, and taking profits from that.

I may have missed it, but will each ipo wallet have a viewable address, so people can see the funds?

I'm not especially bowled over by any coin specs, but if they do just some of what they say they will, the coin very well should be profitable. The fact they can buy their way onto bigger exchanges if needed + pay external coders for any work they may need, is a huge benefit. Of course that relies on a certain level of trust. It may be one of those coins worth putting some funds into, but not going too crazy about it.

Most likely our 6 addresses will be public, our accountant will put up a spreadsheet at some point after the ipo to show allocated funds. Our biggest expense is the multi-vendor software as we are designing this from scratch and not purchasing it. Marketing will also be costly as everyone already knows, but it is also essential for a strong currency to survive. The initial public offering just allows us to accomplish goals faster as things in crypto land move at 10 times the pace of reality.
ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:31:58 PM

are in your plans in this coin to make a anonymous wallet? or some anonymous feature?
Kreativekrypto

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:37:02 PM

are in your plans in this coin to make a anonymous wallet? or some anonymous feature?

Yes but our method will be drastically different from what is currently being offered, in time after the IPO ends we'll have more details about this. For now this was our written statement on the OP:

Anonymous Transactions:
As a team, we originally had a source to implement anon into dCom, however, after speaking with a cryptography expert the current offerings in present day digital currency break the spirit of decentralization and much of the public's understanding of the anonymity of Bitcoin itself include many misconceptions.

*Most likely we'll be releasing this as a white paper detailing our model.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:38:56 PM

Have you submitted to coinmarketcap yet? Should be done ASAP. This is the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1IZf5cBivam_93zENT_arFFuvWDidHGjWxoTMVmFSoWg/viewform
merk475

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:41:42 PM

FINALLY a coin that knows what to invest in. To be sustainable you gotta aim at making your coin purposefull for using. Technology is just temporary....

Excellent point and exactly how I feel.
Kreativekrypto

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:42:54 PM

Have you submitted to coinmarketcap yet? Should be done ASAP. This is the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1IZf5cBivam_93zENT_arFFuvWDidHGjWxoTMVmFSoWg/viewform

Once our wallet is released we can create the Block Explorer, CMC won't accept  us until the B.E. is complete. Rest assured it will be the first thing we do after the BE goes live Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: