Bitcoin Forum
October 06, 2024, 10:34:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Organize meeting to discuss ANON software, how it will work, etc.
6/17 at 11PM CET - 7 (38.9%)
6/18 at 11PM CET - 3 (16.7%)
6/19 at 11PM CET - 8 (44.4%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GRK][TITAN] LIS Investment Group present to you 'Greekcoin'  (Read 31350 times)
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 08:44:36 PM

Keep selling  Grin
greekcoindev (OP)

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:35:16 PM

greekcoindev (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 09:44:41 PM

I've created a poll to discuss the anon software, the status of it, how we are moving forward, etc. Please be part of the pool and make sure that you can join it. There are 3 dates setup, so one of those days will be used to have a Q&A.

Any question that you have know, feel free to ask. We need your support to improve our coin and increase value of Greekcoin. Any suggestions are welcome, if you want to discuss something in private, please send me a PM, please note that i have limit access because of my newbie account, so if it takes to long before i reply then it is most likely because of the 6 mins delay.

Thanks and keep up the good work.
equalizer

Activity: 118

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:25:52 AM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 02:02:22 PM by equalizer

Thanks for this image, but it's not terribly helpful since the big question is what's happening inside the "Greek Coin Anon Software" isn't it? Everyone knows there is a sender and a receiver  Undecided

There are a few coins you should look at if you're aiming to be original. Pinkcoin has an anonymizer but only at the web level (not sure if it's already been implemented or still in the prototype stage). Supercoin is currently testing their anon feature but it's not yet ready for primetime (though simply showing real progress has resulted in their price shooting up 15x since I was buying it). Cloak, Crypt, Vericoin, and others all claim to be working on an anon feature, but to my knowledge none of them have gone live with their solutions yet (Dark and XC are closest to being feature complete, but don't quote me on that as I'm not 100% sure).

Keep in mind with the recent scams and hoaxes playing upon some loose promise of an 'anon solution,' people are very prickly about whether or not a coin is truly planning on delivering. There's not much you can do about that other than to stay very active in this thread and regularly show some kind of proof that work is being done. Sucks, but this is the result of many many scammers preying on the unsuspecting...

And to boot, you have a country coin name, which also spurs terrible memories for people. Any chance you might consider a coin name change in the future?

Just checked your website and you still have dead links and no specifications listed. I keep bugging you about this, but that's actually because I want this coin to do well Smiley

greekcoindev (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:29:07 AM

I've receive some great feedback from a few of the community people. Thanks!

One of the concerns is the name of the coin. Greekcoin is in fact not a country coin like Greececoin, Spaincoin or any other country coin. Greekcoin is in fact a ancient coin, but because of the negative news around country coins, i would ask the community if they are interesting in posting a new name for Greekcoin, so that we can promote ourself in a different way, as currently 99% of the people have a bad feeling around the name of the coin.

Also some concerns were addressed to us, that the anon transaction is not for real and that it is just used for a marketing stunt. As stated before, we are working on it, but we have some problems with getting it working. The code will not be open source as we don't want to have other coins to steal the code that we have written. We spend and still spending a lot of time to get it working. It is complex, but if it was easy then everybody would have it, no?

Some pieces of code can be posted as prove that we are working on it.

We will also continue improving the website, some spelling mistakes, etc.

Once again, thanks for the feedback and lets work together to get Greekcoin (or new Greekcoin) on mintpal or Poloniex.
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:28:31 AM

I smell a pump is coming  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:49:15 AM

lets hold so this many coins this price... its either up or off a cliff Smiley

For me reward out ways the risk 10fold for me

greekcoindev (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:11:58 AM

I'm trying to think to re-marketing Greekcoin. Coin price is based on what investors want to pay for it. I cannot change anything about that.
sorryforthat

Activity: 994

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:42:47 AM

I'm trying to think to re-marketing Greekcoin. Coin price is based on what investors want to pay for it. I cannot change anything about that.

Considering this coin does go through a name change, how will this effect what we have currently in the exchange?
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:28:23 PM

Considering this coin does go through a name change, how will this effect what we have currently in the exchange?

It is the same like what happened with Pink, it was PC and now it is listed as PINK. So if Greekcoin will suddenly call Silencecoin and the ticker is SIL, then just a wallet update is necessary and inform the exchanges to use the new symbol. I believe that is it.
equalizer

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:42:58 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 02:34:47 PM by equalizer

How about Siriuscoin?

Sirius is the brightest star in the night sky. With a visual apparent magnitude of −1.46, it is almost twice as bright as Canopus, the next brightest star. The name "Sirius" is derived from the Ancient Greek: Σείριoς Seirios ("glowing" or "scorcher").

The only downside to "Sirius" is the popular satellite radio company that goes by the same name.

Another word with both Greek and investment roots is Vega. Vegacoin or simply, Vega.

ϒ(Vega) represents the rate of change between an option portfolio's value and the underlying asset's volatility - in other words, sensitivity to volatility.

Others to consider:
Δ(Delta) represents the rate of change between the option's price and the underlying asset's price - in other words, price sensitivity.

Θ(Theta) represents the rate of change between an option portfolio and time, or time sensitivity.

Γ(Gamma) represents the rate of change between an option portfolio's delta and the underlying asset's price - in other words, second-order time price sensitivity.

ρ (Rho) represents the rate of change between an option portfolio's value and the interest rate, or sensitivity to the interest rate.

All these assume you would prefer to maintain the ancient Greek theme.

Also, after changing your name (and I would recommend changing your logo after selecting a new name), be sure to differentiate yourself from this: https://twitter.com/GreekCoinGR. Having a new name and logo will help, but for now, people are checking out your coin by going to the wrong twitter profile!
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:37:54 PM

Yes, Sirius was a almost broke radio station, their shares were trading at $0.02 and then it start moving higher like crazy, i've stop watching when it hit $3 or so, dammit, i must be a millionair, but i didn't buy it, i don't know why, there was a article that i was reading about the company and i just didn't buy, also i had limit number of fonds at that time so....
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:39:21 PM

The Vega one i like Smiley
poochpocket

Activity: 458
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:04:37 PM

I like Vega too. But VegaCoin sounds too close to VegasCoin. If you use Vega drop the coin, just Vega is better.

I also like Theta. Again, no "coin".
poon4

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:07:58 PM

just let me see,oh,a funny coin,lol
sesko

Activity: 403

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:36:09 PM

Athena coin?

In Greek religion and mythology, Athena or Athene (/əˈθiːnə/ or /əˈθiːniː/; Attic: Ἀθηνᾶ, Athēnā or Ἀθηναία, Athēnaia; Epic: Ἀθηναίη, Athēnaiē; Ionic: Ἀθήνη, Athēnē; Doric: Ἀθάνα, Athānā), also referred to as Pallas Athena/Athene (/ˈpæləs/; Παλλὰς Ἀθηνᾶ; Παλλὰς Ἀθήνη), is the goddess of wisdom, courage, inspiration, civilization, law and justice, just warfare, mathematics, strength, strategy, the arts, crafts, and skill
equalizer

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:49:38 PM

Athena coin?

In Greek religion and mythology, Athena or Athene (/əˈθiːnə/ or /əˈθiːniː/; Attic: Ἀθηνᾶ, Athēnā or Ἀθηναία, Athēnaia; Epic: Ἀθηναίη, Athēnaiē; Ionic: Ἀθήνη, Athēnē; Doric: Ἀθάνα, Athānā), also referred to as Pallas Athena/Athene (/ˈpæləs/; Παλλὰς Ἀθηνᾶ; Παλλὰς Ἀθήνη), is the goddess of wisdom, courage, inspiration, civilization, law and justice, just warfare, mathematics, strength, strategy, the arts, crafts, and skill

That's good too. I wonder if it brings up too many similarities to Aphroditecoin which was a known scam (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=511160.0) and shares the name with Athena Healthcare which has many haters.
sesko

Activity: 403

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:03:20 PM

Athena coin?

That's good too. I wonder if it brings up too many similarities to Aphroditecoin which was a known scam (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=511160.0) and shares the name with Athena Healthcare which has many haters.

Greek mythology has a bunch of gods Smiley

a few:
Chronos  coin
Cronus coin
Atlas coin
Eos coin
Proteus coin
Titan coin

placebo
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:29:02 PM

Atlas coin , i like.
Lovethecoins

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:32:44 PM

Please no Gamma or Delta.. We aren't a frat house lol

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: